Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

"Our Government Oh Why Onna Make Us Dey Cry Oh" Fake 1000 Naira Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Our Government Oh Why Onna Make Us Dey Cry Oh" Fake 1000 Naira Note (1191 Views)

Person Wey Dey Cry Dey See Road Now!!!! / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms / Obasanjo Dey Laugh, Bankole Dey Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Our Government Oh Why Onna Make Us Dey Cry Oh" Fake 1000 Naira Note by WafiJoe(m): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2008
Hey fellow Nlanders listen to the story and tell me your views.
I am a phone booth operator, i normally close 8:30pm. One fateful night, I was selling card, two men walk up to me saying they want to buy card, Glo 100, I told them it is 110, they said they want to buy alot so I should give them discount. In order to 'caught their heart' I agree. He told me to give him 2 and I agree to give him for 210, after loading it in his set he gave me two hundred. After loading the second two card I ask him for ma money, but he became angry with me, he said he has given me 400, 200 before loading the first two, and two hundred after the second 2. I explain the truth to him, but it was only after I finish searchin my self luckily for me I aint got no 200 naira note on me apart from the one he gave to me. He wasnt 2 convince but paid me 200 and the remainin 20 to make it 420. Normally after that scene I was a little bit upset, and the next thing that follow that was the normal night rush. Two boys came wit 1000 naira note, I didnt look at it well, I accepted it and gave them change.
The next day I went to a whole sale shop to buy card but the sales girl seize the money and said it is fake money. She also told me to get out of the shop before her manager comes so that I wont be arrested. I left but after two days time,I went back there. I ask the sales girl to show me to her manager, and the next thing I heard a young lady pouring out insult from her mouth, 'so you are that idiot, thief 419, you have the heart to come back' she quickly call the police. I tried to explain that I just want to see if the money is relli fake and try to explain to her that I was dupe wit it, but the police came they said I should confess and bring the remaing pieces, they gave me some dirty slap, collect ma recharge card, and after maintainin my ground that I am innocent, they let me go but didnt give back my card.
So since den I am scared of the 1000 naira note.
NLanders what do u think? is it  fare, did the police did the right thing, I was told that if I wasnt lucky if not I would have spend up to 40,000 naira to get ma self out of jail.
Re: "Our Government Oh Why Onna Make Us Dey Cry Oh" Fake 1000 Naira Note by lucabrasi(m): 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2008
i think the justice in nigeria sucks big time and i guess you have to take it as one of these things but you should find out if theres a fake currency detection machine that u can get seeing as u deal with cash on a regular basis,also seeing as you prolly get your wholesale recharge cards from the lady on a regular basis,you would have built up some about of trust with the company so how come the lady accused you almost immediately without considering your explanation being a regular customer?
Re: "Our Government Oh Why Onna Make Us Dey Cry Oh" Fake 1000 Naira Note by Seun(m): 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2008
What they did to you was wrong. To protect yourself, next time you get a fake note, just destroy it.
Re: "Our Government Oh Why Onna Make Us Dey Cry Oh" Fake 1000 Naira Note by CURIOUST(m): 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2008
you can only destroy a fake note only if you know its fake and if you know its fake, you will not accept it , will you, ?
Re: "Our Government Oh Why Onna Make Us Dey Cry Oh" Fake 1000 Naira Note by TayoD1(m): 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2008
@topic,

Am I the only one who sees the sales girl as the planner and execuitioner of the 419? She obviously conived with the police officers to swindle this poor guy of his hard earned money.

@poster,

Going by your story, I do not think you did anything wrong. You were just outsmarted and duped by the people you do business with. Chikena!

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Politics For The Yewa's (former Egbado) Come 2011 / Mysterious House Discovered In Ibadan / Bonny Island: Sss Arrests Leader Of Armed Gang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.