Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders (637 Views)

Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by maasoap(m): 9:24am On Apr 26, 2013
Is it true that an average Nigerian is dishonest? D issue of power generation in Nig has remained stagnant for a long time. We've been revolving around generation of 4000MW for a population of 170million people plus industries and yet, some people here wud be swearing wt day they were born that they're having 20hours of electricity supply! Is that not a big lie? I live in Osogbo wt NCC, if I don't enjoy regular supply, who would enjoy it? Expect Aso Rock & people on IPP. Let's be honest in this country.
Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by RedLight1: 9:52am On Apr 26, 2013
the supply has been eratic these days... Am back to generator again sad
Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by maasoap(m): 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Red-Light:
the supply has been eratic these days... Am back to generator again sad
Raining season is approaching again. Remember that much praised Nnanji was the power minister during raining season last year. But people ignorantly attributed temporary improvement to him when in fact, rain did the magic.
Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by Gbawe: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
maasoap: Raining season is approaching again. Remember that much praised Nnanji was the power minister during raining season last year. But people ignorantly attributed temporary improvement to him when in fact, rain did the magic.

Even worse is how GEJ and his fans went around claiming perennial highs Nigeria has always seen as the achievement of Mr.President. This is why Amanpour mocked our President. Many , from Countries where they call a spade a spade, have no time for our dishonesty or sentimental and clannish take on issue.

It is a simple enough concept to grasp for anyone who is not a functional illiterate. If generation has not increased then simply look at values that make power supply fluctuate such as water level for hydro-electricity and availability/optimal supply of gas. Yet asking Nigerians to do such a simple thing is no easy task for a nation now so badly divided people do not even have any inclination for looking at issues dispassionately and logically. Often it is non-Nigerians saying the truth about our nation while we ourselves lie and shout sentimentally.
Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
I don't even know what to say. In my estate, it's so sad that electricity comes only 10 hours in every 48 hours. A day without light and the next day it's 10hours or lesser.One day on, one day off. It's just so annoying. A feeder which ought to be finished has been left abandoned for over a decade yet, no one seems to do anything about it. Am just angry!

1 Like

Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by Sibrah: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ha ha ha . . . . I told y'all. The scam that's the GEJ Lead govt were only taking advantage of the high rain fall. If this wicked lie had not been checked by some of us, the Gej Paid dawgs would have attempted to sustain their ~6terawatt claim and may be by now be strategizing on how to move it to ~8terawatt this year. Welcome to the system of mass perception of good governance tuning! FreshAir!!!

If you can't beat them, pay others to beat them on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by Gbawe: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
Sibrah: Ha ha ha . . . . I told y'all. The scam that's the GEJ Lead govt were only taking advantage of the high rain fall. If this wicked lie had not been checked by some of us, the Gej Paid dawgs would have attempted to sustain their ~6terawatt claim and may be by now be strategizing on how to move it to ~8terawatt this year. Welcome to the system of mass perception of good governance tuning! FreshAir!!!

If you can't beat them, pay others to beat them on your behalf.

grin grin grin grin grin Good governance "tuning". I am one of those who continue to argue here that if we consider the major problems of Nigeria that it can be said that GEJ has achieved nothing. In fact he has taken us backwards in many regards.

3 Likes

Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by maasoap(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin Good governance "tuning". I am one of those who continue to argue here that if we consider the major problems of Nigeria that it can be said that GEJ has achieved nothing. In fact he has taken us backwards in many regards.
By the time Jona is through with us after his 6 years rule, he will have sent us backward by 60 years.
Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by maasoap(m): 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
berem: I don't even know what to say. In my estate, it's so sad that electricity comes only 10 hours in every 48 hours. A day without light and the next day it's 10hours or lesser.One day on, one day off. It's just so annoying. A feeder which ought to be finished has been left abandoned for over a decade yet, no one seems to do anything about it. Am just angry!
When 170 million people depend on 4000MW of electricity, what do you expect?
Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
maasoap: When 170 million people depend on 4000MW of electricity, what do you expect?
So so sad! smh
Re: 4000MW And The Claim Of Having Stable Power Supply By Some Nairalanders by maasoap(m): 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
Gbawe:

Even worse is how GEJ and his fans went around claiming perennial highs Nigeria has always seen as the achievement of Mr.President. This is why Amanpour mocked our President. Many , from Countries where they call a spade a spade, have no time for our dishonesty or sentimental and clannish take on issue.

It is a simple enough concept to grasp for anyone who is not a functional illiterate. If generation has not increased then simply look at values that make power supply fluctuate such as water level for hydro-electricity and availability/optimal supply of gas. Yet asking Nigerians to do such a simple thing is no easy task for a nation now so badly divided people do not even have any inclination for looking at issues dispassionately and logically. Often it is non-Nigerians saying the truth about our nation while we ourselves lie and shout sentimentally.
This thread is about these set of people who would come here every now and then to tell us how they are enjoying electricity from the national grid 24/7 on top 4000 MW.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And That Tinted Glass Mentality / An Open Letter To The Senate President, Sen. David Mark. / Nigeria Will Become History … Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.