Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Why Did You Stop Believing? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Believing? (3197 Views)

When Will People Stop Believing This End Time Shii / What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by yorubaamerican(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
shol:

Ha Obadiah u dey twist scriptures like anything, God dey sha....
I'm over here havin' a belly-laugh!
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
yorubaamerican: I'm over here havin' a belly-laugh!

Abi now the guy is just too sure of his truth forgeting that his truth might not be someone elses truth , he has forgotten that

Nothing is Certain or Guaranteed in Life even tomorrow is not guaranteed the only certain thing is death and here is obadiah pouring his thoughts online i just respect you sha because you go be someone papa...
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by MostHigh: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
shol:

Abi now the guy is just too sure of his truth forgeting that his truth might not be someone elses truth , he has forgotten that

Nothing is Certain or Guaranteed in Life even tomorrow is not guaranteed the only certain thing is death and here is obadiah pouring his thoughts online i just respect you sha because you go be someone papa...

They preach death but we say life and life forevermore

Hey Z*mbiei sharaap!!!

the love of God is guruanteed

Nothing lasts forever but salvation

Death is an illusion

the soul cannot die.

you are just repeating words you heard in you mind control lab AKA the synagogue.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by Danyell(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^ We are diverting from the original topic. It would be better if you open a new thread so that we can properly discuss.
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by Danyell(m): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
To the op's original question.
I think I stopped believing when I received a higher calling from the loch-ness monster. You see, I was persecuting the atheists but one day, on my way to Jerusalem to finish them off, lightning struck my laptop and destroyed my phone. Confused, I started to panic but a voice like rushing winds spoke to me, the voice was audible and clear. The voice asked me "why are you persecuting me?" I replied "I don't know you" the voice thundered with a reply that shook the heavens "mr man, u think say na play i dey play. No be u dey kill my pikin dem?" I was confused so I said "bros J, na u be dat?". I received a heavenly knock on the head for that question and my brain was reconfigured and all the virus in my head was deleted.
I now spread the good news of the Loch-ness monster and his good friend Santa Claus. You see, it was nothing but divine intervention in my life.
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2013
striktlymi: Morning to you too Folly, grin

...and your point is? undecided

So?

...hmmm then what are you doing in Atheism? At least I know that some persons have killed because they want to make Atheists out of their people.

...and you think that because some Nigerians are corrupt, every Nigerian is corrupt? What "powerful" logic...

Hmmmm...mind telling us the origin of this your God?

Handle ke? Why should I bother handling it?

I dont know how many time I need repeat myself for you not to use folly for me. My name is foly.
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by yorubaamerican(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

where did you read or heard that Olodumare relates with human? Where did you heard that Olodumare begged man to worship him? Can you describe Olodumare whom you worship? I wont say Yoruba people are wrong cuz I see Olodumare as ENERGY. But did you ever heard about energy having conscience? Relating Olodumare to biblical god is totally wrong. We both know that the concept of god and spirit is mythical. Why would I believe that death is a black man carrying a big stick and hit people to death? Why would I believe in the creation myths? Why would I believe that tortoise is the wisest creature and it talk with man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvrzoId6n0E&feature=share
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by BigBashiru: 12:32am On Apr 28, 2013
I stopped believing in absolute Christianity when I realized it was causing Anxiety problems for me. I constantly would fear God and Satan, demons, fear of breaking Christian rules,vfear of nightmares,etc.

I couldnt reconcile a loving God with mark of the beast, 666 and creation of certain humans as 'vessels of wrath prepared for destruction'. I was sick and tired of looking at a woman labelled 'dark passions of the carnal flesh' I was tired of being lied to so I quit.
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by yorubaamerican(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
To the op's original question.
I think I stopped believing when I received a higher calling from the loch-ness monster. You see, I was persecuting the atheists but one day, on my way to Jerusalem to finish them off, lightning struck my laptop and destroyed my phone. Confused, I started to panic but a voice like rushing winds spoke to me, the voice was audible and clear. The voice asked me "why are you persecuting me?" I replied "I don't know you" the voice thundered with a reply that shook the heavens "mr man, u think say na play i dey play. No be u dey kill my pikin dem?" I was confused so I said "bros J, na u be dat?". I received a heavenly knock on the head for that question and my brain was reconfigured and all the virus in my head was deleted.
I now spread the good news of the Loch-ness monster and his good friend Santa Claus. You see, it was nothing but divine intervention in my life.

Very amusing!!
Re: Why Did You Stop Believing? by RedLight1: 9:55pm On May 05, 2013
BigBashiru: I stopped believing in absolute Christianity when I realized it was causing Anxiety problems for me. I constantly would fear God and Satan, demons, fear of breaking Christian rules,vfear of nightmares,etc.

I couldnt reconcile a loving God with mark of the beast, 666 and creation of certain humans as 'vessels of wrath prepared for destruction'. I was sick and tired of looking at a woman labelled 'dark passions of the carnal flesh' I was tired of being lied to so I quit.
hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winning A Muslim To Christ. / What Does The Purple Triangle Mean? / The Eckankar Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.