Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! (1697 Views)

Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. / Best University Website / The Best Nigerian University Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by pisolution(m): 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hi friends, I have been designing website with Joomla for a very long time. I know Joomla is a robust software used to build website with large contents. I want to ask if it is possible to build a university website that allows the following with Joomla!
==> Incorporates scratch card or Recharge vouchers
==> Allow students to check their result online.

If it is possible, how will that happen? Is it using Joomla components or what? Please help
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by mededot(m): 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
Haba, if you have been using Joomla for a long time you should know its capabilities by now! What i suggest you do is put down all the major tasks that you will be doing and see if there are functionalities within joomla that can achieve it. I'm a wordpress developer and i know i'd be able to find plugins to do that in 5 minutes!
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by pisolution(m): 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
mededot: Haba, if you have been using Joomla for a long time you should know its capabilities by now! What i suggest you do is put down all the major tasks that you will be doing and see if there are functionalities within joomla that can achieve it. I'm a wordpress developer and i know i'd be able to find plugins to do that in 5 minutes!

Are you saying there wordpress plugins that generate and manage recharge vouchers or let students check their result online. I don't think wordpress has such functionality
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by mededot(m): 12:45am On Apr 27, 2013
To check results, you would have to load the results online first of all... you dont need a plugin for that! To generate scratch cards, you will need a plugin for that! Then again, you may not want to run the whole site on Wordpress. Some web programming may also be needed!
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2013
i have seen over 5 united states university websites running on joomla.

though am not a fan of open source CMSes like joomla, it is possible
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by talk2hb1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
@OP
Instead of building a University application from scratch, why not try ready made solution like eduerp. Its free, open source, made in Nigerian and for Nigerians, already in use by some Universities in Nigeria, and very soon by a University in Canada. Visit the application official website www.eduerp.org.ng/download with many features from result checking, school fee payment, course creation and registration, faculty and department creation, etc. Just go to the official website to see all the application features, I helped in testing the application both from the front end to the back end.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by nyankpa(m): 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
hello guys pls can someone help me out! we need a website for our association and i don't know how to go about it. i've google the net but couldn't understand the technicality-am a computer novice though. Which website can i go to create the website? Thanks. my email stephenyahaya98@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by nyankpa(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
pls bro which site can i visit to create a wesite? Thanks
mededot: To check results, you would have to load the results online first of all... you dont need a plugin for that! To generate scratch cards, you will need a plugin for that! Then again, you may not want to run the whole site on Wordpress. Some web programming may also be needed!
Re: Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! by talk2hb1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
nyankpa: hello guys pls can someone help me out! we need a website for our association and i don't know how to go about it. i've google the net but couldn't understand the technicality-am a computer novice though. Which website can i go to create the website? Thanks. my email stephenyahaya98@yahoo.com
If you are talking of getting a free website you can make use of all this free websites like blogger.com, , etc to setup your free website where you register a sub domain name like www.habeelety..com
But if you want a professional website with a custom domain name like www.jeempsolutions.com you will incur some expenses for hosting and domain name registration, setup, etc. If you need my assistance in setting up the website you can call me on +2348064620491

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Google Adsense Alternatives In 2017 | Inforetweet.tk / How To Remove/disable Automatic Saving To Draft / Easy Way To Drive Traffic From Search Engine To Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.