Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? (1533 Views)

ISIS Seen Undermining Islamic Faith As More Muslims Convert To Christianity / Instant Healing From Jesus - Prophet Olaye George / Why Do More Muslims Converts To Christains More Dan Muslims Becoming Christains?just Wondering! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
WHO LOVE JESUS(PROPHET ISA) MORE, Muslims or Christians? Having express my unquantifiable love as a Muslim for Jesus(prophet Isa) in the course of a discussion, a xtian friend said, i am just watching your mouth as you speak about our lord Jesus so dearly,but provided you are a muslim who do not believe Jesus to be a son of God, you can't love Jesus more than a Christian. So add your voice, between xtian and Muslim, who love Jesus more and why?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by enilove(m): 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by enilove(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
Muslims do not know who Jesus is, talkless of loving him. Is it possible to love someone you do not know?

Christians experience of Jesus is that of spiritual.
A christian cannot love Jesus except his is born again.Likewise a Muslim

Jesus in John 14:23 " Jesus said unto him, if a man love me he will keep my words ( commandments )....."

Which of the word of Jesus Christ do Muslims keep?
John 3:3 " Verily verily I say unto thee,except a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Muslims in general do not understand the meaning of being born again,talkless of keeping to this warning. But Jesus said ,if you love me ,you will keep my word.

Another word of Jesus that needs to be kept is asking God for things in Jesus name. John 14:13 "And whatsiever ye ask in my name,that will I do,that d Father may be glorified in the Son."
Do muslims pray to God and ask Him things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ? No, so they are not keeping to his word ,hence they don't love him.

Do muslims believe the word of Jesus or that of muhammed. Jesus said he is the son of God,but muslims believe God cannot have a son. This invariably means ,they call Jesus a liar, like the Pharisees.

Mark 16:17 tells us that "And these signs shall follow them that believe in me: in my name they shall cast out devils,they shall speak with new tongues...."
How many muslim cast out devil in the name of Jesus? Infact, they do not believe that Jesus can save them.
I thank God that Jesus himself gave the condition by which we can say we love him.

It is Muhammed that they love not Jesus. No one can love two masters.
Jesus said one man one wife ,Muhammed allows more than one wife. Jesus said no fighting,Muhammed said fight and kill the Christians.
They are diff masters from diff God.

Any muslim that loves Jesus will drop that religion and follow him.
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by FromGuiriga(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
bilms: WHO LOVE JESUS(PROPHET ISA) MORE, Muslims or Christians? Having express my unquantifiable love as a Muslim for Jesus(prophet Isa) in the course of a discussion, a xtian friend said, i am just watching your mouth as you speak about our lord Jesus so dearly,but provided you are a muslim who do not believe Jesus to be a son of God, you can't love Jesus more than a Christian. So add your voice, between xtian and Muslim, who love Jesus more and why?

When you say who loves Jesus more, what do you mean by "love"?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
bilms: ?
That's right...I need a definition of what you consider love.
For example, In Pakistan, if you disrespect the prophet Muhammad. You deserve death. I think they do this out of love for their prophet. But does not every man have command of his own tongue?

Or it could be as simple as one loving Jesus and Muhammad equally where out of love one simply ignores the insults, as word alone cannot harm a confident man.

Maybe I clarified?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 9:23am On Apr 27, 2013
Your action toward events has nothing to do with love. Because a Pakistani killed someone who insulted Prophet Muhammed doesn't signify love for him, it only shows the passion of such people which exclude reason and the teaching of the man they claimed to love. Did Muhammed during his life allow anyone to hurt or kill people that insulted him? No. He instead show them love which made many later embrace him. So, killing persons for insulting Prophet Muhammed is against Islam, it is against the teaching of Prophet Muhammed and against love. Love in this regard simple mean, adore, respect and embrace the teachings of Jesus.
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by wazobiaforu(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
Enilove my padi - peace be unto you

enilove: Muslims do not know who Jesus is, talkless of loving him. Is it possible to love someone you do not know?
-------------------------------------
This is who Jesus is
John 7:16
“Jesus answered them and said, “my doctrine are not Mine, but His who sent Me”
Jesus says he is saying a message hence a messenger/prophet. And the one who sent him was God. Hence here it proves Jesus was messenger of god and not God. and He clearly says he is God's Messenger here:
John 13:16
“I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a MESSENGER greater than the one who sent him”
------------------------------------
Christians experience of Jesus is that of spiritual.
A christian cannot love Jesus except his is born again.Likewise a Muslim

Jesus in John 14:23 " Jesus said unto him, if a man love me he will keep my words ( commandments )....."

Which of the word of Jesus Christ do Muslims keep?
Well here we can see muslim women who wear hijab are not wrong but right, according to the bible. Nuns also cover themselves.

John 20:19
On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
Muslims greet be saying As Salam un Alaykum, translating to Peace be with you EXACTLY. unlike the christian Hello or how do you do
_-----------------------------------

John 3:3 " Verily verily I say unto thee,except a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Muslims in general do not understand the meaning of being born again,talkless of keeping to this warning. But Jesus said ,if you love me ,you will keep my word.

Another word of Jesus that needs to be kept is asking God for things in Jesus name. John 14:13 "And whatsiever ye ask in my name,that will I do,that d Father may be glorified in the Son."
Do muslims pray to God and ask Him things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ? No, so they are not keeping to his word ,hence they don't love him.
Muslims can use Jesus name to beg God during prayer but NOT pray to Jesus
----------------------------------
Do muslims believe the word of Jesus or that of muhammed. Jesus said he is the son of God,but muslims believe God cannot have a son. This invariably means ,they call Jesus a liar, like the Pharisees.
No arguement that Jesus is son of God because : Adam, which was the son of God. Luke 3:38
And thou shall say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel (Jacob) is my son, even my firstborn. Exodus 4:22
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me (David), Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.(Psalms 2:4) -- so you can call everybody in the world son of God but NOT BEGOTEN SON
--------------------------------------
Mark 16:17 tells us that "And these signs shall follow them that believe in me: in my name they shall cast out devils,they shall speak with new tongues...."
How many muslim cast out devil in the name of Jesus? Infact, they do not believe that Jesus can save them.
-----------------------------------
Maybe because : John 8:28 did Jesus say, "I do nothing of myself"? Jesus himself pray to God, so no crime if muslim follow his steps
-------------------------------------

I thank God that Jesus himself gave the condition by which we can say we love him.

Jesus said one man one wife ,Muhammed allows more than one wife. Jesus said no fighting,Muhammed said fight and kill the Christians.
Bring your proof where Mhmd said fight and kill the christians
--------------------------------------

Any muslim that loves Jesus will drop that religion and follow him.

Muslim love Jesus like other prophets without conditions but bet me, ask any xtian why he/she love Jesus, is because of the Biblical death, had it been his prayers was answered to avoid the death then maybe there will be no reason for xtian to love him
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by ayenny02(m): 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
I love jesus becos he is a messenger of God;

I love jesus becos he is not God

I love jesus becos is not son of God

I love jesus becos he is a muslim

I love jesus becos he is not a christian

I love jesus becos he did many miracle in d name of God who sent him

I love jesus becos he follows law of moses and pray sollat

I love jesus becos he prophetise coming of muhammad

I love jesus becos is not trinity

(Alayhim sallam)

1 Like

Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hum
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by manmacho: 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
u love jesus in your quoran is fine bicos he is different from the jesus in the bible. To love the bible jesus is to be a christian by being born again. This is the only time Gods spirit will give u what it takes to love jesus. Jesus is the way the truth and the light no other way not even islam but christ
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by manmacho: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
The concept of being born again is very simple. The bible says every soul that sins dies. If you av sinned like adam did in the Garden and God told them they will die, you also are death because of your sins. The only way out of this spiritual death is to accept Jesus as your lord and personal saviour, that life giving spirit will come into your life to make u born again. This is being born of the spirit, that gives life. As far as God is concern all men are death we all need Jesus to have that life that adam lost in the Garden.
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by manmacho: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02: I love jesus becos he is a messenger of God;

(Alayhim sallam)
What u love is Islam not my saviour Jesus
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by ayenny02(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
CHALLENGING VERSES IN QURAN

God said in Quran“Say: ‘If all mankind and the jinn would come together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce its like even though they exerted all and their strength in aiding one another.’” (Quran 17:88)

ANOTHER VERSES
Almighty says:’’And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our  servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If  there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.’’ (Al-Baqara –the Cow-: 23-24)

ANOTHER VERSE
“Or do they say that he has invented it? Say (to them), ‘Bring ten invented chapters like it, and call (for help) on whomever you can besides God, if you are truthful.” (Quran 11:13)

ANOTHER VERSE
“And if you all are in doubt about what I have revealed to My servant, bring a single chapter like it, and call your witnesses besides God if you are truthful.” (Quran 2:23)

ALSO ANOTHER ONE
God says: "We have without doubt, sent down the message and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption.)" (15:9)

THIS IS CHALLENGING TO ALL RELIGION IN THIS FORUM TO BRING THE SAMETHING FROM THEIR SCRIPTURE, IF TRULY THEIR RELIGION IS FROM GOD
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by nnofaith: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
@ayenny. how old are you?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by ayenny02(m): 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
nnofaith: @ayenny. how old are you?
You don't need to ask for my age, just comment or contribute here

1 Like

Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by manmacho: 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02: CHALLENGING VERSES IN QURAN

God said in Quran“Say: ‘If all mankind and the jinn would come together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce its like even though they exerted all and their strength in aiding one another.’” (Quran 17:88)

ANOTHER VERSES
Almighty says:’’And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.’’ (Al-Baqara –the Cow-: 23-24)

ANOTHER VERSE
“Or do they say that he has invented it? Say (to them), ‘Bring ten invented chapters like it, and call (for help) on whomever you can besides God, if you are truthful.” (Quran 11:13)

ANOTHER VERSE
“And if you all are in doubt about what I have revealed to My servant, bring a single chapter like it, and call your witnesses besides God if you are truthful.” (Quran 2:23)

ALSO ANOTHER ONE
God says: "We have without doubt, sent down the message and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption.)" (15:9)

THIS IS CHALLENGING TO ALL RELIGION IN THIS FORUM TO BRING THE SAMETHING FROM THEIR SCRIPTURE, IF TRULY THEIR RELIGION IS FROM GOD
Why is islam always trying to proof itself to be right, i don't see God speaking in a way that will leave any doubt. God word is true is left for u to believe it.

1 Like

Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by ayenny02(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
manmacho:
Why is islam always trying to proof itself to be right, i don't see God speaking in a way that will leave any doubt. God word is true is left for u to believe it.
Which doubt? Just believe in whatever you believed
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by Ramtzy: 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2013

Jesus that was never married how could he have said so, stop quoting him out context... Plz quote a verse in the Quran where MuhammedGod said Muslim should kill the Christains
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
bilms: Your action toward events has nothing to do with love. Because a Pakistani killed someone who insulted Prophet Muhammed doesn't signify love for him, it only shows the passion of such people which exclude reason and the teaching of the man they claimed to love. Did Muhammed during his life allow anyone to hurt or kill people that insulted him? No. He instead show them love which made many later embrace him. So, killing persons for insulting Prophet Muhammed is against Islam, it is against the teaching of Prophet Muhammed and against love. Love in this regard simple mean, adore, respect and embrace the teachings of Jesus.

I agree with you in some reagrd. I mentioned it because they say they do this out of the love for the their prophet. To you and I it might not be love but to them it is. In any event, I understand where you are coming from and now that you have clarified "love in this regard" then it is difficult to say because a Muslim can adore, respect and embrace the (some) teachings of both Muhammed and of Jesus.

But as a general rule, many Christians don't adhere to prophet Muhammed teachings as many of them have not read the Quran or even heard of the Quran. In fact, most do not want to come near it and have negative views of Muhammed.

With all the above said, I think it is safe to say the Christians love Jesus more.

Give thanks!
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
manmacho:
What u love is Islam not my saviour Jesus

Out of curiosity, how do you know what another person loves?
If it makes sense to me, then I can used that type of discerning.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02: CHALLENGING VERSES IN QURAN

ANOTHER VERSES
Almighty says:’’And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our  servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If  there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.’’ (Al-Baqara –the Cow-: 23-24)

ANOTHER VERSE

ANOTHER VERSE

ALSO ANOTHER ONE

What is the challenge here?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ramtzy:

Jesus that was never married how could he have said so, stop quoting him out context... Plz quote a verse in the Quran where MuhammedGod said Muslim should kill the Christains

I'm a bit confused here, was not Quran dictated from Allah to Muhammed? If so, are not the words of Muhammed that of Allah then?

I'm not too verse on the Quran but maybe you can explain this verse: 2:191 And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

I'm not too sure if the Quran is talking about the infidels, but I'm not too sure if the Christians are consider infidels in the Quran.

Maybe you can clarify.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 7:35am On Apr 28, 2013
I thought this thread is for love,how come some people are only interested in the opposite?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by ayenny02(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I'm a bit confused here, was not Quran dictated from Allah to Muhammed? If so, are not the words of Muhammed that of Allah then?

I'm not too verse on the Quran but maybe you can explain this verse: 2:191 And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

I'm not too sure if the Quran is talking about the infidels, but I'm not too sure if the Christians are consider infidels in the Quran.

Maybe you can clarify.

Thanks in advance.

This thread relate to Love not killing of infidels but I will clarify it.

Quran2:190-194
190: Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors.

191: And kill them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith.

192: But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

193:And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

194:The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear (the punishment of) God, and know that God is with those who restrain themselves.

These verse were revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Pagans of Makkans. Some of example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Khubaib bin Adi. These would be classified as ‘terrorist activities’ according to the modern usage of the term.

So what does this verse say in this context? “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you”, “unless they (first) fight you there” - the context of this verse applies to those who initiate the attack against Muslims.

And even after they attack, the verse makes it clear: “But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” And it also makes clear the purpose for what Muslims fight: “fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God”. It is the duty of Muslims to defend humanity from oppression and persecution and to establish justice.

The Qur'an says to be kind and fair with non-Muslims who are at peace with us.
It is only the ones who attack us that we are to fight back against

Historically, fighting back against the aggressors was prohibited during the thirteen years of the Meccan period. After the migration to Medina and the establishment of the Islamic state, Muslims were concerned with how to defend themselves against aggression from their enemies. The aforementioned verses were revealed to enable them to protect the newly formed state by fighting in self-defence against those who fought them. However, the Qur’an clearly prohibits aggression.

The verses explain that fighting is only for self-defence. Thus, a Muslim cannot commit aggression and kill innocent men, women, children, the sick, the elderly, monks, priests, or those who do not wish to fight. A Muslim is also mandated not to destroy plant life of livestock

GOD IS ALL KNOWER, ALL WISE

1 Like

Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
Thanks
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by nnofaith: 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
if allah is all knowing and powerful as you say, why does he keep creating unbelievers?
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by ayenny02(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: if allah is all knowing and powerful as you say, why does he keep creating unbelievers?

"If your Lord had so willed he could have made humanity one people, but they will not cease to disagree. Except those on whom your Lord has bestowed His mercy. And for this He did create them. And the word of your Lord shall be fulfilled: 'I will fill Hell with jinn and men all together'." [Sûrah Hûd: 118-119]

If Allah had willed, he could have created humanity as one community united by a single frame of mind. This is how He created the angels. They all obey Allah with single-minded and unquestioning devotion. However, He decided to endow humanity with free will and make them a creation that could be tried and that would be tested. He wanted to give them the chance to accept either guidance or error. He wanted to give them the choice between good and evil.

Allah describes this special creation of His - the human being - in the following way:

"Had there not come upon the human being a period of time when he was a thing not worthy of mention? Verily, we created the human being from a drop of mingled sperm in order to try him, so We gave him the gifts of hearing and sight." [Sûrah al-Insân: 2]

"Verily We have created the human being into toil and struggle. Does he think that none has power over him? He may say: 'Wealth have I squandered in abundance.' Does he think that none can see him? Have We not made for him a pair of eyes? And a tongue and a pair of lips? And shown him the two ways?" [Sûrah al-Balad: 10]

"We showed him the way: whether to be grateful or ungrateful." [Sûrah al-Insân: 3]

And Allah knows best.
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
Huh
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by nnofaith: 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ayenny
that is why allah decided to create a religion and told only one arab in a cave! and also decided to take up residency in arabia (kaaba).

1 Like

Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by damosky12(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
ayenny02: I love jesus becos he is a messenger of God;

(Alayhim sallam)

"whom the god of this world hath blinded their minds"-2CORINTH 4:4. Brothers, let them be, they can not seee!!
Re: Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? by bilms(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2013
Hum

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E. A. Adeboye's 2013 Prophecy And Current Happenings In Nigeria / PICS - TB Joshua Gathers 200,000 In Mexico / Tbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.