Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. (14893 Views)

10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / Really Ugly People That Deserve To Be Famous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
We all know celebrities of all facet of life (Actor, Models, Singers, Sport Icons, Comedians, Magicians and Journalist) always have a career lisfe span of between several months to about 15years of reign and popularity. Only very few people have ever been lucky to have crossed that 15years span of relevance in their industry. People like Michael Jackson, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Eddie Murphy, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, David Beckam, Madonna, Oprah Wilfrey and a few others crossed that number of years of being popular.

In Nigeria, we once had great stars (too numerous to mention) like Onyeka Onwenu, King Sunny Ade, Christy Essien Igbokwe, Blackky, Orits Wilikie, Ras Kimono, Daddy Showkey, Jayjay Okocha,Madam Kofo, Chief Zebudayah, Oliver De Coke, Sunny Okosun, Daniel Amokachi, Ebenezer Obey, Dan Maraya Jos, Felix Liberty, Segun Odegbami, Liz Benson, Mary Oyanlie, Lagbaja, Regina Askia, Alli Baba, Junior and Pretty and so many others. When these people reigned, they were superstars and their fans never imagined anyone else will ever come and take their place. Some of them reigned for a few months while lasted several years. Even though some of them are still in the limelight, they have definitely been sidelined by the younger generation of celebrities.

In your own opinion, in no particular order which current celebrity(ies) do you think will still have an impact in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry in the next 5years?

2face Idibia
AY (comedian)
P Square
D Banj
Mikel Obi
Wiz Kid
Bovi (Comedian)
Cossy Ojiakwo
Ice Prince
Omotola
Basket Mouth
Davido
May D
Tonto Dike
Tiwa Savage
Don Jazzy
Timaya
Genevieve
Iyanya
Linda Ikeji (Blogger)
Nairaland (Seun).

Note : The last two were on that list to see ask the same question if you foresee their blog and forum still being relevant in the next 5years.

Please feel free to add your own list of celebrities you forsee still being relevant in the entertainment circle in the next 5years and if possible the reason why you think so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
This thread wasn't started to talk negative or wish anyone ill-luck in their career (becauise I know some people will think so myopic towards that line). But instead it is more of trying to help some of them (who have ears) remain relevant.

So many of our entertainers are just after the money and not to give any positive value to the generation upcoming. That's is why you find out most of them sing very immoral songs (acting and comedy) because they know that is what the youths want to see and hear.

Most of them do not even value their fans because they feel they are so rich now, loosing a fan or several fans won't affect their bank account.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Scarpon(m): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
along as Cossy still gat those bo@bs fresh and milky she will be
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by tinuolababy(f): 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Omotola wl Still be relevant
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
Scarpon: along as Cossy still gat those bo@bs fresh and milky she will be

Haven't you noticed some wanna be celebs with bigger b*oobs springing up these days and dressing skimpily? They are all out to take Cossy's place.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
tinuolababy: Omotola

Omotola in 5years time will be like Ukera (African Sharon) today.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Manweysabi(m): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
It's 2face to me... the guy is unbeatable, makes music that makes sense, evergreen. cool

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
Manweysabi: It's 2face to me... the guy is unbeatable, makes music that makes sense, evergreen. cool

Maybe just maybe that's why my instinct put him on the top list.

But truth be told, he will find is really tough coping to be relevant by then oh! He will be termed "old school" musiciand because the youths then won't value and appreciate his "meaningful and moral upright" kind of music. Then all you will be hearing is bo*om this the b*oobies that's.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by sagytariusTM1: 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
For as long as Nairaland exist, Tonto will continue to be relevant.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by jogrin0(m): 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
ice prince got wad it takes 2 b best rapper even in d next 5 years 2 come.......wizkid too is talented 2 reign till den...followed by iyanya,olamide,2face,m.i,basket mouth,gordons,ay and i think nairaland is growing everyday,,,so expect sumtin gr8
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by REMMEI(m): 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2013
Well,am sure I will be more than relevant in the next 5years..

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by nikkypearl(f): 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
REMMEI: Well,am sure I will be more than relevant in the next 5years..
to me o,I fink P-square and Tuface will be,coz der sumfin unique bou der music.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Scarpon(m): 12:22am On Apr 27, 2013
acidtalk:

Haven't you noticed some wanna be celebs with bigger b*oobs springing up these days and dressing skimpily? They are all out to take Cossy's place.
seriously dude ?? give me names
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by albacete(m): 6:15am On Apr 27, 2013
Mr Acid, u sef know naa na why u put im name for top.
Followed by d twins
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by nekaa(f): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2013
Basket mouth, Linda ikeji, iyanya
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by onila(f): 7:58am On Apr 27, 2013
genevieve off course

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 8:15am On Apr 27, 2013
sagytarius™:
For as long as Nairaland exist, Tonto will continue to be relevant.

So you dey try talk say na Seun, Mukina and the Moderators dey help Tonto Dike career? So that means to say if nairaland go offline for few weeks, tonto career don kpai be that.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2013
onila: genevieve off course

Onila love, its been ages.
Do you think Genevieve will still remain relevant? I don't watch naija movies or listen to lots of their songs, but from my little observation it appears some new generation blood have taken roles meant for genny and omosexy.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 8:19am On Apr 27, 2013
nekaa: Basket mouth, Linda ikeji, iyanya

As for Basket mouth and Linda maybe they would. But I seriously doubt the like of Iyanya.
Faze, Tony Tetuilla, Eedris Abdulkarim, Olu maintain, Azadus all came out with better hits than his in the last 10years but all faded in no time.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 8:25am On Apr 27, 2013
albacete: Mr Acid, u sef know naa na why u put im name for top.
Followed by d twins

2baba is not only Talented, he is also BLESSED. He has reigned the most amongst all musicians of his generation and generation before his, 10years in the industry and still the most loved, na Only God fit do that one oh!

Even with the various baby mamas controversy that trailed him people still love him so dearly and the media over hyping him has even helped his career tremendiously.

Which other musician aside 2face that will boast of having the support and love of Senators, Governors and top government officials? The likes of D Banj, Onyeka Onwenu and others are only used and dumped during political elections and campaigns. But 2face is always given attention doing sad and happy moments of his life. See when he had that armed robbery attack and then his wedding.

Truly, "Who God has Blessed no man can curse".

4 Likes

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Manweysabi(m): 8:48am On Apr 27, 2013
+1000 likes cool
acidtalk:

2baba is not only Talented, he is also BLESSED. He has reigned the most amongst all musicians of his generation and generation before his, 10years in the industry and still the most loved, na Only God fit do that one oh!

Even with the various baby mamas controversy that trailed him people still love him so dearly and the media over hyping him has even helped his career tremendiously.

Which other musician aside 2face that will boast of having the support and love of Senators, Governors and top government officials? The likes of D Banj, Onyeka Onwenu and others are only used and dumped during political elections and campaigns. But 2face is always given attention doing sad and happy moments of his life. See when he had that armed robbery attack and then his wedding.

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by alaoeri: 9:10am On Apr 27, 2013
acidtalk:

I disagree with your views on Dbanj, seriously the dude is more of a business man than musician, flash back to his album lunch 2008 both Tinubu & Fashola were present, his last year Koko concert u 'll be surprise with the calibre of top elites present at the show, he also got partnership with GTB/ndani tv. Now he pitches his tent with the likes of Naeto C, Ikechukwu, Davido, Olamide, Samklef etc at worst he 'll do a remix with the rave of the moment to remain relevant. Just of recent wizkid tweets about a song already done with Dbanj, he got the packaging Nigerians want & plays his game tight. After the post Mohit's bruhaha some don't even give him more than 6mnths to fade but yet he's still relevant. On the 5th of next month his having a show in Houston featuring the likes of Olamide, Sinzu, Ikechukwu, Naeto C etc likewise June 23rd he's bringing in 2chainz to Nigeria that 'll be at Eko hotels. So the Dbanj is more of a businessman than musician & if he continues like this, the dude 'll last afterall he's gonna celebrate his ten years on stage next year.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by omartins(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2013
SEUN OSEWA(Nairaland). People get to know the site day by day. As soon as he his alive and healthy, he'll got more popular without fading.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by albacete(m): 10:03am On Apr 27, 2013
acidtalk:

What is there to say again, u've said it all.

1 Like

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Manweysabi(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
This should hit the FP.... no time! grin
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
alaoeri:
I disagree with your views on Dbanj, seriously the dude is more of a business man than musician, flash back to his album lunch 2008 both Tinubu & Fashola were present, his last year Koko concert u 'll be surprise with the calibre of top elites present at the show, he also got partnership with GTB/ndani tv. Now he pitches his tent with the likes of Naeto C, Ikechukwu, Davido, Olamide, Samklef etc at worst he 'll do a remix with the rave of the moment to remain relevant. Just of recent wizkid tweets about a song already done with Dbanj, he got the packaging Nigerians want & plays his game tight. After the post Mohit's bruhaha some don't even give him more than 6mnths to fade but yet he's still relevant. On the 5th of next month his having a show in Houston featuring the likes of Olamide, Sinzu, Ikechukwu, Naeto C etc likewise June 23rd he's bringing in 2chainz to Nigeria that 'll be at Eko hotels. So the Dbanj is more of a businessman than musician & if he continues like this, the dude 'll last afterall he's gonna celebrate his ten years on stage next year.

I think this is more of a publicity stunt and image boosting than actually telling us how D Banj will stay relevant in the industry in the next 5years.

From your explanation D Banj needs to tag along and associate himself by doing singles with reigning acts right? To me that sounds like a man struggling hard to avoid drowning in deep waters. 2baba boost people's singles and albums by featuring in their song and not the other way round.

I can remember 9ice's last album featured the who-is-who in Nigeria music but yet the album was worse than a tsunami.

As much as D Banj is a business man not doubt, the earlier he invest in music production, promotion and management the better for him because has a musician, I doubt if he will be relevant for even a single show if he doesn't play any of his old tracks (from Oliver twist downwards - all songs produced by Month'hit records).

2 Likes

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Afanna1: 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
Omotola has been in the industry since 1995,so she is already a legend in nigeria industry. Omotola was just Time magazine icon of the year,so She will be here and be going into a bigger budget. Tu face too will be here five years from now.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
omartins: SEUN OSEWA(Nairaland). People get to know the site day by day. As soon as he his alive and healthy, he'll got more popular without fading.

Won't say much (the truth) because they don't wanna hear. But I think the forum shouls grow beyond Seun, its time for it to be run as an enterprise, but with the kind of immature and relevant threads promoted, I doubt if serious minded institutions/corporate bodies will want to stick their fingers in here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by horlajide: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
Nairaland Seun. Hopefully nairaland will still be here in another 5 years.
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by horlajide: 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2013
acidtalk:
In your own opinion, in no particular order which current celebrity(ies) do you think will still have an impact in the Nigerian Entertainment Industry in the next 5years?

bolded ones are the one i believe would be relevant
strikethrough i really doubt it
The ones left untouched - i cant be too sure

2face Idibia - c'mon even my 86 yr old landlord knows this guy! Ask many upcoming and even a few 'made' artistes who they look up to and his name comes up.4gerrit! he is a living legend

AY (comedian)

P Square

D Banj - dude has a way of making a national athem out of a catchy phrase.he's quite smart and a good businessman.

Mikel Obi

**Wiz Kid-he's gat much love,young and truly blessed.to stay relevant he has to adapt to whatever trends over the coming years.

Bovi (Comedian) - i pray he is relevant.he is really talented and he gat prospects too.

Cossy Ojiakwo - seriously??!! She shouldnt even be on this list! If her assets(böobs) hasn't started sagging then, then im sure people will be tired of hearing the same old controversy.

Ice Prince

Omotola

Basket Mouth

Davido

May D

Tonto Dike

Tiwa Savage

Don Jazzy - as a musician/producer? Not sure.but as a businessman? Definitely

Timaya

Genevieve

Iyanya

Linda Ikeji (Blogger) - so long as she keeps gettin exclusive info.yes! Despite the various blogs created daily, she has been able to maintain hers as a brand.

Nairaland (Seun). I give it to him.he's young,knowledgeable and focused though i think he's losing it gradually cos i observe he turns deaf ear to the voice of reason sometimes.

Please feel free to add your own list of celebrities you forsee still being relevant in the entertainment circle.

Fela Anikulapo kuti
Dagrin
Re: List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. by acidtalk: 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^
I like the way you broke it down and gave your thoughts.

I intentionally did not add those who have passed away because of unnecessary controversy.

Fela lives forever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stella Damasus' Impersonator Dupes Client Of $5,000 / Kemi Olunloyo Charges N50,000 To Be Followed On Twitter In 2019. / Checkout Adaeze Yobo As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.