Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. (22288 Views)

Closed / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / Forex Traders: Lets Share Our Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by ewizard1: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
@Afrocatalyst . Sir, i really thank God i found this thread and also You. I have wanted to start this Cleaning biz a while ago but just someone to put me tru on the expences. Glad to read one can start with just 20k? Dats great. For a start, i'll prefer the Equipments renting. Added your number on whatsapp. Would chat you! God bless.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
mitchyy:

How much do you guys charge to clean a one-bedroom apartment weekly on the island?
send ur nbr to me or send me a whatsapp message to 08073122596.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by bensky: 10:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hello all, thank you for your contribution, please i have registered a business name already, but cannot startup due to the nature of my job. Can someone give me an idea on how much to charge per square meter because , i will prefer to use that thank you.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
bensky: Hello all, thank you for your contribution, please i have registered a business name already, but cannot startup due to the nature of my job. Can someone give me an idea on how much to charge per square meter because , i will prefer to use that thank you.
500 per sqm for cleaning only and 600 per sqm for cleaning and polishing.
Meanwhile u can run it as a part time.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by mkoabiola: 12:00am On Oct 03, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
thanks for d complement yomkris. The first step to starting any professional service is to look for persns who do the same tin and are succeeding in it. Work wit them for some time and understand the way the bizness is run b4 taking a step to start urs. If u r smart and knw wat u want,this step shuld nt last more dan 6mnths. Then visit CAC.
Can I learn under ur tutelage jus for me to av d xperience cos I intend to av 1.
I wud b glad if u can send a pm to me .
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by ab3458(m): 6:43am On Oct 03, 2013
meeting this thread is a dream come true. please I'm into cleaning biz partially I will like to know any chemical i can use for upholstery and rug stains and the best solution for marble wash and polishing thanks
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2013
ab3458: meeting this thread is a dream come true. please I'm into cleaning biz partially I will like to know any chemical i can use for upholstery and rug stains and the best solution for marble wash and polishing thanks

for upholstery and rug stain,u can mix a detergent with any bleaching agent to get rid of the stains and brush off. For polishing tiles, go to where u bought ur tiles and ask for ur polish. Before polishing,make sure the floor has been well mobbed and well dried. Also use a dry and clean mob for that. After applying ur polish,leave for some time and then use ur buffer to produce heat which wil in turn shine the surfaces. Hope u get it? All the best.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2013
ab3458: meeting this thread is a dream come true. please I'm into cleaning biz partially I will like to know any chemical i can use for upholstery and rug stains and the best solution for marble wash and polishing thanks

for upholstery and rug stain,u can mix a detergent with any bleaching agent to get rid of the stains and brush off. For polishing tiles, go to where u bought ur tiles and ask for ur polish. Before polishing,make sure the floor has been well mobbed and well dried. Also use a dry and clean mob for that. After applying ur polish,leave for some time and then use ur buffer to produce heat which wil in turn shine the surfaces. Hope u get it.. All the best.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by mitchyy(f): 6:58am On Oct 03, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
send ur nbr to me or send me a whatsapp message to 08073122596.
... Pls contact me asap
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:59am On Oct 03, 2013
mitchyy:
07039796890 Pls contact me asap
ait.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by practitioner(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
500 per sqm for cleaning only and 600 per sqm for cleaning and polishing.
Meanwhile u can run it as a part time.
Great job u re doing here I must confess.I registered a cleaning & waste management company in 2010,bt ve only bn doing waste management jobs only due to d fact that I dnt knw anything abt cleaning, though I ve always loved d service. My challenge is that I dnt ve d time to personally go learn d cleaning stuff becos of d nature of my job.By d way, d waste management stuff,I do it part time ,by that I mean I ve people working for me on that,I jst secure d job nd I send my boys to go execute.my question now is,ow do incorporate cleaning services into it all since I dnt ve any experience in it and for now I can't afford d time to go learn abt it due to my job?
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by fularm(m): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2013
Afro, please can you recommend any chemical or soap to wash bathroom tiles till it sparkles white? you can probably use a chemical called o2. you will sightly rub the chemical on the suffice of the jacuzzi and the tiles. you wont believe the whiteness afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by reelpoint(m): 9:00am On Oct 03, 2013
valentino81: Pls, I want to know how much I can charrge a two storey building hostel self contained with 72 rooms with a commom room and a very large enviroment for post construction cleaning. All rooms, staircase and verander are tiled. So, I want to know the average amount dt can be charged? Suggestions are dully welcome.

Charge per sqmtr
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by ab3458(m): 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
thanks sir the bleach won't fadethe fabric
Afrocatalyst:
for upholstery and rug stain,u can mix a detergent with any bleaching agent to get rid of the stains and brush off. For polishing tiles, go to where u bought ur tiles and ask for ur polish. Before polishing,make sure the floor has been well mobbed and well dried. Also use a dry and clean mob for that. After applying ur polish,leave for some time and then use ur buffer to produce heat which wil in turn shine the surfaces. Hope u get it.. All the best.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by rafcrown(m): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
I need info on HOW TO GET CLEANING CONTRACTS in the UK..There are many people setting up cleaning companies but I dont know which dept to approach to start getting small contracts ,for a start.Please if you know how they do it ,especially getting contracts from government ,schools,agencies,supply info and guidance.
I have no problem setting up the business ,getting cleaning materials ,equipment and getting part time workers.THANKS
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by jahlove4jah: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
you might nt understand the chemical component but frm d popular perspective,use harpic. If it proves sturborn,mix it wit scouring powder and apply,leave for 30mins n scrub. If it doesnt clear,change the tiles,they re cheap.

where can I get scouring powder?
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
rafcrown: I need info on HOW TO GET CLEANING CONTRACTS in the UK..There are many people setting up cleaning companies but I dont know which dept to approach to start getting small contracts ,for a start.Please if you know how they do it ,especially getting contracts from government ,schools,agencies,supply info and guidance.
I have no problem setting up the business ,getting cleaning materials ,equipment and getting part time workers.THANKS
visit your local council environmental department. They will give you guidelines.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
jahlove4jah:

where can I get scouring powder?
visit any shopping mall near you or go to the market.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by aquabeing: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2013
Afrocatalyst: For the cement stains on the glasses,use a smooth scraper to scrape out the stains and then wash wit a detergent. Bt the stains in between the rails,scrape to weaken them and then use a vacuum blower to push them out. You can replicate the same for the floor or use a buffer with scrubber. The only problem is that if you are using a buffer you have to soak d floor wit tile cleaner or a mixture of vim,jik and harpic wit detergent. Leave for 30mins and use the machine. Otherwise,go manual.

Good day Mr Afro catalyst,i run an Environmental Resources Management company called Kwesy Nig Company(kwesyng.com)We also run cleaning services.The company took off these year and have been able to execute a project
of a storey building of 4 flats (2 bedroom apartment each) and about starting a 2 storey first bank building but i have some issues about my quotation because am still trying to attract more clients and besides this will the first commercialbuilding i will be handling.Please sir i will need to learn some ideas from you seems you have been in the business for a while.Thank you very much sir.My phone # is 08121281083
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by aquabeing: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=Yomkris]@ Afrocatalyst, tnx 4ur contributns here. Pls it just occur to me now dat i have a house i can practice wit. My brother's house has just been completed and the aluminium glass windows there are seriously loaded wit cement. Pls can u just give me the tips of what i can use and how to clean the folowin @d site just for practical purpose b4 i can get someone to learn from profesionaly.
(1) d cement stained window glasses
(2) d tiles
(3) d toilet wc.

Guess i should add that when about to scrape the cement you need to soak the cement first with water andeave for few minutes as this will minimise the scracthing of the glass surface and try to put tilt your scrapper at an angle of 45degrees to reduce friction on the glass then mop with a clean dry cloth followed by spaying your glass cleaning detergent.Wipe with another clean cloth or use a squeegee where needind.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by rafcrown(m): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2013
@afrocatalyst.Thanks I will contact the suggested dept/section.Well appreciated .
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
aquabeing:

Good day Mr Afro catalyst,i run an Environmental Resources Management company called Kwesy Nig Company(kwesyng.com)We also run cleaning services.The company took off these year and have been able to execute a project
of a storey building of 4 flats (2 bedroom apartment each) and about starting a 2 storey first bank building but i have some issues about my quotation because am still trying to attract more clients and besides this will the first commercialbuilding i will be handling.Please sir i will need to learn some ideas from you seems you have been in the business for a while.Thank you very much sir.My phone # is 08121281083
contact me on 08073122596.
Nice input tho. Scratching the glasses is a big offence by cleaning service pros. Try avoid it as much as possible.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by abbeymb: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
terrazzo floor washing powder, just sprinkle on wet terrazzo floor,leave for some minutes and scrub.

pls hw much and where can i get this terrazzo washing powder?
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afrocatalyst, pls I can't view u on whatsapp. Try to contact me 08023819105
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by layinx(f): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hello all. For more tips on cleaning you can follow @ActiClean on Twitter. There are safer way to clean without using harmful chemicals. Thank me later. Cheers
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by mitchyy(f): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
Afrocatalyst and his team were in my house for thorough cleaning and arrangement and I must say they did a wonderful job. Despite the distance, they still did the job with their hearts. Thumbs up to them. Already recommended them for a company who needs a cleaning agent.
Will continue using them henceforth. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
mitchyy: Afrocatalyst and his team were in my house for thorough cleaning and arrangement and I must say they did a wonderful job. Despite the distance, they still did the job with their hearts. Thumbs up to them. Already recommended them for a company who needs a cleaning agent.
Will continue using them henceforth. Thanks guys
Thankx mitchyy. You deserve to be appreciated more. People like you are rare...
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
delln,you're right you know. Taking some measures to counter the effect of the one inhaled is very important for health reasons.
One way I discovered and have started practising is the warm lemon water early morning recipe. I get a fresh lemon,cut into two and squeeze out the juice in a glass cup and then fill up with warm (not scalding hot o) water. Then drink with a straw.
I have found this to be very helpful as it creates free radicals in my system to fight off the effects of any harmful or unwanted elements in my system.
It works folks,lemon is a fruit packed with a lot of benefits.
Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by ewizard1: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by ewizard1: 9:38am On Oct 08, 2013
For contract home cleaning service... Call 08090989821
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
delln,you're right you know. Taking some measures to counter the effect of the one inhaled is very important for health reasons.
One way I discovered and have started practising is the warm lemon water early morning recipe. I get a fresh lemon,cut into two and squeeze out the juice in a glass cup and then fill up with warm (not scalding hot o) water. Then drink with a straw.
I have found this to be very helpful as it creates free radicals in my system to fight off the effects of any harmful or unwanted elements in my system.
It works folks,lemon is a fruit packed with a lot of benefits.
Ciao.
pls i want to start this cleaning biz,pls i will highly appreciate if i can work under ur tutulage to be able to acquire the prerequisite knowledge with regards to dis biz..my email is:talk2davoo2012@gmail.com
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Yomkris(m): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=aquabeing][/quote]
thanks bro. Hope u wont mind a call from me to seek a prof advice frm u anytime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Watch: Naira Appreciates To N420/$ / Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) / Why Do Businesses Fail In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.