Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. (20893 Views)

Photos Of Kwata Junction Flyover, Awka / Airforce Junction In Port Harcourt Flooded (Photos) / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Zonacom(m): 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
ujchief: Sad indeed!

The Tracas park and the one opposite it should be moved at once. This ain't the first time trucks are failing brakes and ramming into the parks. Even the overhead pedestrian built has been abandoned as it has been taken over by beggars and sellers.

Rip to the dead, but until we get things done the right way, I'm afraid such incidences will not cease to occur.
You are right chief. Sometimes i wonder why that bridge was built if people wou'nt use it. That place is damn too dangerous for those petty traders to stay and trade. A lot of things are wrong with my dear Anambra state, just too many. People just do things the way they feel like and the govt dont care. What else can i say... Eternal rest grant unto them oh lord....
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by slap1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
RIP to the dead.
On my way back to school today, our bus nearly somersaulted as it veered off the road on high speed and was running on wet grass. . .thank God I survived.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by emmabest2000(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2013
R . I . P
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Richieboyn: 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
ujchief: Sad indeed!

The Tracas park and the one opposite it should be moved at once. This ain't the first time trucks are failing brakes and ramming into the parks. Even the overhead pedestrian built has been abandoned as it has been taken over by beggars and sellers.

Rip to the dead, but until we get things done the right way, I'm afraid such incidences will not cease to occur.

Ujchief.....'d ugly one'......LOL... Sorry 4derailing. R.I.P to d dead.
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wonder why my frequent live accident reports dont make front page....

Anyways its high time our govt legistlates heavy duty trucks to move only at night.

Within the past one week, multiple truck accidents have happened along Abuja lokoja highway and the commuter buses or private vehicles bear the greatest brunt in death toll.

What our legislators are busy doing is passing a bill to unban tinted glasses so that police wont question their authorithy on the highways.
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by AreaFada2: 3:18am On Apr 28, 2013
RIP to the dead
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Mkpotu(m): 4:20am On Apr 28, 2013
Heavy duty vehicles have been causing mayhem on our roads killing commuters who ply the roads indiscriminately. The other it was on Benin/Ore rd involving Dangote trailers, next on Lokoja rd, now in awka.

This car was also squeezed by a heavy duty tanker in Asaba along Asaba/Benin express. Thank God, the lives of d two occupants were saved by Him alone.

Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Nwekeemmanuel: 6:12am On Apr 28, 2013
Rip 4 dead nd God heal d inj
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 28, 2013
No fire fighters, cops or Ambulance on the scene of such catastrophe?!?!

Why the hell do you guys vote for leaders again?
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by soarz(m): 7:09am On Apr 28, 2013
R...I...P for the dead and quick recovering for Injurer
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2013
praiseujunwa: our country is not organised at all, our leaders; that park is it suppose to be there? very close to express answer me before i proceed.
and why is ur pic here?are you among the ppl who died?
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by noblegold(f): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2013
That was a very tragic situation, but I believe everything in life happens for a purpose thou painful. Like me atimes a place am in hurry to go,one thing will certainly make me reach there late only to discover that something happened so .......
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Michmat(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2013
the way of d Lord is not d way of man neither His thought
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Vivypretty12(f): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2013
dis accident of a thing is increasing day by day and it affect d youths mostly. God hv mercy on ur children.
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by ophilly: 11:30am On Apr 28, 2013
lorretta u: and why is ur pic here?are you among the ppl who died?
You're right, its a morgue shot of one of the dead.
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Goldenheart(m): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2013
Was that guy blaming GOD?!? Btw, The real world is not even here...
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by pearlesther: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Tony Ojukwu: I saw it how started. But could not go closer, cos i thought D truck was carryin FUEL.
so u ran for ur dare life u are not brave atall (OLE)
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by vanstanzy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
Donchyke39:
Three people were killed and at least twenty people seriously injured today April 26th in a multiple accident involving a truck and four buses along the Enugu Onitsha Expressway in Awka, Anambra State.

The accident occurred when the truck loaded with palm kernel oil had break failure and crashed into five stationery vehicles parked at a bus park near Unizik Junction. Unfortunately, the driver of the truck and two passengers in a bus loading at the park died instantly. 20 people were seriously injured.

Source:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=439294089500827&set=a.293854010711503.64471.267978826632355&type=1&relevant_count=1

Hope noone died, right? embarassed embarassed embarassed These trailer drivers have to get off our roads during the day time.

Its matter of URGENCY now.
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by negosus: 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
That (UNIZIK) junction is very notorious for fatal accidents. This is not the first time.
I suppose GOVT will do something this time around to protect lives around that axis.

Also FRSC/VIO should go after the heavy trucks...they are the most risky vehicles on the road and the drivers are poorly trained and most times under an influence... Sanity check on these men on heavy wheels will save more lives.
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by D1993: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2013
Donchyke39:
Three people were killed and at least twenty people seriously injured today April 26th in a multiple accident involving a truck and four buses along the Enugu Onitsha Expressway in Awka, Anambra State.

The accident occurred when the truck loaded with palm kernel oil had break failure and crashed into five stationery vehicles parked at a bus park near Unizik Junction. Unfortunately, the driver of the truck and two passengers in a bus loading at the park died instantly. 20 people were seriously injured.

Source:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=439294089500827&set=a.293854010711503.64471.267978826632355&type=1&relevant_count=1
may their gentle souls rest in peace. Dis is just a reminder dat nobody knows when death will come knocking the best thing is to accept Jesus as ur personal Lord and Savior so dat if the coming of the Lord taries and death comes first u will av the assurance of eternal life.
Re: Fatal Accident Near Unizik Junction Awka - Picture. by Chrichigo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Are u nt a christian...u should undastand d very time dat we are into.....only repentance wil s ave us all nd even teach us not to fear deathh nd accept it anytime it comes bcus we are always prepared....so pls don't blam god ..just as d devil was permited to test Job..u neva tel wat is realy goin on dis tym....is all about faith ,d repentace
young-dude:
Oh Lord. . . If truely you Exist. . . You got to mak dis world a better place to live just as u claim in ur Bible
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ozekhome: Fanning The Embers Of Disunity And Subjugation Of Igbo Race / Ebonyi Commissioner, Pastor Nwachukwu Beats Ifeoma Alu, Burns Goods, Money / Arise TV Presidential Debate: Dino Melaye Denies Apologising To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.