Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,786 members, 7,841,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers (1852 Views)

Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 27, 2013
Yesterday, I got a debit alert that 1050 has been deducted from my account for the issuance of ATM. I was like are this people crazy, I have an ATM card and I never requested for a new one. I called GT Connect immediately and I was told that my ATM will be expiring in some months time so the bank issued a new one for me.

I kept on telling them that I did not request for this and I had no intention of requesting for a new one when my card expires in June. The lady just said that there is nothing she can do, that I should go to my branch and she hung up.

I am currently in Abuja and GTBank expects me to fly down to my branch in Lagos and start making the complaints.

Why is this useless bank fraudulent for Christ sake. I endure the small charges they debit my account for every now and then, but this is too much. Please how can I get my money back?
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 27, 2013
[quote

author=TheJames]Yesterday, I got a debit alert that 1050 has been
deducted from my account for the issuance of ATM. I was like are this
people crazy, I have an ATM card and I never requested for a new one. I
called GT Connect immediately and I was told that my ATM will be
expiring in some months time so the bank issued a new one for me.

I kept on telling them that I did not request for this and I had no
intention of requesting for a new one when my card expires in June. The
lady just said that there is nothing she can do, that I should go to my
branch and she hung up.

I am currently in Abuja and GTBank expects me to fly down to my branch
in Lagos and start making the complaints.

Why is this useless bank fraudulent for Christ sake. I endure the small
charges they debit my account for every now and then, but this is too
much. Please how can I get my money back?[/quote]

If this is true, then Nigerians are not safe with any bank. I have never experienced this with GTbank, but if u are talking about ACCESS bank or say StanbicBank I would not be surprised. Last two weeks I walked into ACCESS bank to complain about the torrents of withdrawals they were making from my account and I was told about one N200 per month account maintenance charge and another N1000 per yr annual charge and another N100 per month ATM charge.
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2013
You're correct. Access is the worst. I recently moved all my funds from Access bank to GTBank because of the way access bank was fraudulently debiting my account. I also closed my Access bank account and started banking with GTB. At the onset, everything was okay but now they keep debiting my account for no reason. Please how can I get my money back?
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by beblessed(f): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
I was debited of 10k on tuesday by atm that i never used at a gtbank outlet. Lets shout for others to hear o!
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by sdavirus: 5:19am On Apr 28, 2013
Hmmm, that's really strange. I wasn't even debited, when mine expired and was replaced. Was only charged that 1050 after I lost it and requested for another.
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by omolayo1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
the useless among still remain gtbank. they receives instant money transfer from other banks but they wont do that yet they charge hell out of me just because i made transfer that takes like two day. #5 on every 1000 naira. useless bank deducted nothing less than 50k every month on my acct and no any form of incentive to my business.
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by makbis: 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
Sincerely gtbank is fraudulent ,they charge u and feels u suppose to understand.
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by omolayo1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
i will not stop telling whoever who is ready to listen that gtbank is most useless bank as far as Nigeria banks is concerns.
Re: Why Is Gtbank Fraudulent?.....they Keep Stealing From Customers by nnekanwugo: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
omolayo1: i will not stop telling whoever who is ready to listen that gtbank is most useless bank as far as Nigeria banks is concerns.

Nawa for our banks Just this afternoon I received a msg from zenith that I ve been debited 1000 for card issuance fee!I never requested for any card infact Since I started runing that account I ve never use ATM!Anybody with Zenith bank customer care line should please drop it for me here.this is pure fraud for chraist sake

(1) (Reply)

Edoconnect.com.ng Business Directory Listing For Edo State Businesses / Dear Nairalanders: See Me, See Konga And L.g Electronics Oh! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.