Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Lauryn Hill Confirms Record Deal With Sony In A Letter - Album Out Soon - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lauryn Hill Confirms Record Deal With Sony In A Letter - Album Out Soon (479 Views)

Dr SID "SIDUCTION" Album Out Now (download Here) / Men, Psquare's Video Album, Out And Hot / 9ice Album Out Finally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lauryn Hill Confirms Record Deal With Sony In A Letter - Album Out Soon by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 28, 2013
Ever since the release of 1998′s The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, fans have been longing for more life lessons from Hill. The album sold over 19 million copies worldwide and won the former Fugees front-woman five Grammy awards. Since that time, Hill has taken time off to give birth to 5 more children and her music has arguably been hit or miss.

Read some of her letter below:

It has been reported that I signed a new record deal, and that I did this to pay taxes. Yes, I have recently entered into an agreement with Sony Worldwide Entertainment, to launch a new label, on which my new music will be released. And yes, I am working on new music.

I’ve remained silent, after an extensive healing process. This has been a 10+ year battle, for a long time played out behind closed doors, but now in front of the public eye. This is an old conflict between art and commerce… free minds, and minds that are perhaps overly tethered to structure. This is about inequity, and the resulting disenfranchisement caused by it. I’ve been fighting for existential and economic freedom, which means the freedom to create and live without someone threatening, controlling, and/or manipulating the art and the artist, by tying the purse strings.

Only a completely complicated set of traps, manipulations, and inequitable business arrangements could put someone who has accomplished the things that I have, financially in need of anything. I am one artist who finds value in openly discussing the dynamics within this industry that force artists to compromise or distort themselves and what they do, rather than allowing them to make the music that people need. There are volumes that could (and will) be said.

http://forbezdvd.com/blog/2013/04/27/lauryn-hill-writes-letter-speaking-on-tax-trouble-and-confirming-record-deal/
Re: Lauryn Hill Confirms Record Deal With Sony In A Letter - Album Out Soon by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 28, 2013
^^^Long overdue! - one of the greatest rappers/MCs/Hiphop-artists(male or female) of all time...

Gatts get that album when it hits the stores - love you, sis... wink

(1) (Reply)

BFF- Shank Ft. Bigiano [prod. By Shizzi] [leak] / New Music #bamigbe By Naija's SLK / NEW MUSIC: Afrojuice - "Reflections (mirrors Freestyle) DOWNLOAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.