Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,031 members, 7,852,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

Receiving God's Extravagant Love By Pastor Wole Soetan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Receiving God's Extravagant Love By Pastor Wole Soetan (592 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Receiving God's Extravagant Love By Pastor Wole Soetan by PstWoleSoetan(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2013
17/4/2013

Introduction: The greatestrevelation in God’s kingdom is knowing who you are (your identity in Christ). Matt 16:13-16

When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked hisdisciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias;and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.15 He saith unto them, But whomsay ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ,the Son of the living God.

Jesus asked his disciples who peoplethought he was. This was necessary because the way He was perceived woulddetermine the way he was received. Interestingly, no one knew who He was- noteven the Sadducees and Pharisees- but only Peter knew who Jesus truly was. Nomatter how people try, they can’t fully know you really are- you were fearfullyand wonderfully made.

Eph 3:17-19

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rootedand grounded in love,18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is thebreadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ,which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Fullness = (Gk) Pleroma[i][/i]

God expects your foundation to belove. It is possible for you to be filled and flooded with God when you knowthe love of Christ. ‘Extravagant’ literally means ‘in abundance’, so God lovesyou extravagantly i.e. more than enough love.

REASONS FOR UNDERSTANDING GOD’SLOVE

Ø Whenyou understand God’s love you will be filled with the fullness of God.

Ø UnderstandingHis love makes you have great faith. Your faith is crippled without love.

Gal 5:6

For in Jesus Christ neithercircumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh bylove.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he thatcometh to God must believe that he is, and that heis a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

With faith you know that God exist to be arewarder.

2 cor 5:7 (amp)-with faith youregulate your life(and everything that concerns you) and conduct yourself.

HOW GOD LOVED US

Ø Godloved us as a sinner- even as a sinner God gives freely to us.

Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his lovetoward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, butdelivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

PRAYER: 'Free' is better than 'cheap'. I begin to enjoy God's goodness!

I receive favour in Jesus' name.

(1) (Reply)

Satan's Strategy Against Humanity / My Testimony Of How Jesus Christ Saved My Life / thank you lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.