Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City (1585 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / Photos: Hilarious Names Of Churches/ Ministries / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by segyemaro(m): 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
I was in benin just recently,i was suprised to see how churches have sprung all over the whole area in benin,as this is going on, so sacrifice at T. Junctions is realy increasing by the day . What i am trying to point out is,wjat are these churches doing about putting a stop to all the idolatary and sacrifices around T. Junctions. There was this sacifice i saw at a T. Junction,on this very T. Juncton there is a church building there. So why do we keep on having churches around the whole area if they can not eradicate idolatary from our system.
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by splashbaby(m): 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
Some of the church people are involved....Dey no dey use juju serve juju
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by enilove(m): 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
Most of these sacrifices are carried in d middle of the night. Do you expect the churches to put a warning sign that " thou shall not drop your sacrifice at this junction"? Neither can they station their ushers at any T junction.

What they can do is to pray against the evil effect of the sacrifice.

When God takes control of the town and the idolaters cannot see the effect of their sacrifices ,they will stop wasting their time and seek God.

It is a matter of time,they all will leave that darkness and embrace the light of God,through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by segyemaro(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2013
God will help us all.
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2013
Lol. see who's complaining about sacrifices.. Isn't Christianity glorified paganism?

I mean y'all believe that God, not even an animal, was sacrificed on your behalf? grin

2 Likes

Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2013
enilove:
When God takes control of the town and the idolaters cannot see the effect of their sacrifices ,they will stop wasting their time and seek God.
Lol. Their gods and sacrifices are very effective.. considering the number of hours most of you put into praying and screaming 'Holy Ghost fire' at every cat and bat that passes your window at night..

1 Like

Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by Joel3(m): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
benin is the center of idol worshiping in the whole of nigeria before yoruba. but i tell you the sacrifice is reducing compare to 10years ago. every where is sacrifice and most people are guity of it either in the past or present
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by segyemaro(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
i agree with u.
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by pstbolanta: 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
all these sacrifices are only done in the south especially in benin,i am based in the north,i have never see a thing of such in hausa land.

1 Like

Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by segyemaro(m): 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
true talk
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by pstbolanta: 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
I am still saw a lot of sacrifices in Benin yesterday
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by eghosaobas: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
Make una leave us alone ooo,
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
OP next time we will sacrifice the goat inside your church. you beta tell your pastor to shut down the church and move away from there.
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by Joel3(m): 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
OP next time we will sacrifice the goat inside your church. you beta tell your pastor to shut down the church and move away from there.
hahaha
Re: A lot Of Churches But Still Plenty Of Idolatry And Sacrifice In Benin City by eghosaobas: 6:14am On Sep 13, 2013
Joel.:
hahaha
you can say that again

(1) (Reply)

To Worship God In Spirit And In Truth Is The Easiest Thing To Do On Earth / Diffrence Between Satan And Lucifar / Christians, Be Active In Politics - Pastor E. A Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.