Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

$470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) (22257 Views)

How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee / Reps Probe Failed $470m CCTV Projects / Reps Query $470m Abuja Cctv Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by PurestBoy(m): 11:41am On Apr 30, 2013
Were those cameras installed to catch the politicians or hungry Nigerians?

Anyway 1st to comment on the 3rd page.

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by holyvirgin: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=]This is multiple angles of the same camera. It's very sad that you're trying to go out of you way to make your own country look bad. [/quote]

And the eediot will keep telling himself that his topic made frontpage ridiculing his own country just to spite GEJ.
Mukinatu did not waste time to place it on fp, as long as it causes traffic and makes little cash for her and her employer.

The topic said 'CAMERAS' but they kept showing different angles of a single cctv camera.

Why not show us the entire cctv cameras in abuja before we conclude?

This 'pull him down' attitude of paid ACN touts on nairaland has to be curbed.

Senseless topic.

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by magnificentsk(m): 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
where is lai mohamed and jagaban africa, i ned him to comment on this falling panels, this could be as a result of rain fall like some one rightly said or caused by accident or something else, but its could be very dicey, as well may away to to dole out contracts for the boy. i heard this morning millions of naira about to be approve for another Chinese/isreal company to install and monitor internet surveillance camera. nija i hail thee.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by fr3do(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
berem: STFU you bloody hypocrite! The other day you posted a picture of a bad portion of Lagos -Badagry express way and said Fashola was not working. You failed to post pictures of the already constructed part of the road. Now you are whining and complaining about a solar panel which fell down due to poor installation. You should be ashamed of yourself you hypocrite!

how would this country grow if we are beefing one another at any slightest opportunity.
so its Lagos vs the rest of the Nigeria?
smh 4 9ja
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
This thread is a joke best suited for a beer palour.. I jumped in hoping to see something and ended up disappointed. 1 camera pole that was obviously brought down as a result of an accident is what the OP is calling the entire CCTV programme as packed up.. Its like entering a road with many streetlights only to find one that is bad and then photograph it and call the entire street as having no streetlights..

This is very sad the extent Nigerians would go to rubbish their own.

The Mod that put this uselss thread on the frontpage is just as much a person as the OP.

4 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Skywalker5(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lilimax:
There is nothing wrong with China products when given the right specification for manufacturing.
Afterall China manufactures products for the US, Britain, Canada etc.
The problem is that Nigeria has no standard specification in a lot of products coming into
the country from China. Anything goes.... Standard Organization of Nigeria should wake up to their responsibilty as the onus rest on them in drafting standards for products.

Most of china products coming to Nigeria are inferior products because no quality assurance team to check them.As long as it works. I know someone who got a contract to distribute IPAD to educational institution only for him to go to china and bring in far more inferior products that is not apple product. Nobody checks them. That's why i said made in china products. Most of made in china products are not the same quality as other products being shipped to developed countries.

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by hiuser(m): 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
undecided \\o//\\o//\\O//\\o//\\o//
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by EkoIle1: 12:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
davodyguy: The author of this post doesnt have a brain. 100s of units were installed, storm or rain made 1 unit to fall, then $470million has fallen? SMH

The project which is funded through a $600 million credit facility obtained from EXIMBANK China, was secured as a soft credit line with 3 per cent interest repayable in 10 years after an initial 10 years of grace. That is all we know about the transaction because there exists a clause in the contract that stipulates non- disclosure to a third- party. This move is beyond unacceptable as the federal government should not have allowed ZTE to include such a clause.

The report also mentioned “that some of the materials deployed for the critical national security infrastructure are of low quality compared to what is used in China.”

http://www.abujafood.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=566:abujas-cctv-scandal&catid=115:munch&Itemid=596
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by MANOSUB(m): 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ Eko Ile. I admire your determination to go against whatever Mr President is doing. Just last week ago we were here debating the decision of the FG to forestall the installation of the 10,000 CCTV camaras purchaged by the lagos state government. You were so against the FG decision that you almost insulted those who said the constitution should play its roles. I have no doubt that in order to rubbish this administration, you had to travel to abuja just to take this picture of a fallen installation to drive home your point. One very good thing about me is that you can't dictate to me which way to think. This country can not go forward with people like you who are sentimental, tribalistic, myopic and deceiful.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Lilimax(f): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Sky-walker:

Most of china products coming to Nigeria are inferior products because no quality assurance team to check them.As long as it works. I know someone who got a contract to distribute IPAD to educational institution only for him to go to china and bring in far more inferior products that is not apple product. Nobody checks them. That's why i said made in china products. Most of made in china products are not the same quality as other products being shipped to developed countries.
Why do you call them inferior? We do not have have a standard specification to comapre most of this electronic products coming into the country. I repeat, SON should wake up to their duties.
Didn't you see what NAFDAC is doing in the area of drugs and Cosmetics? They are somehow winning the war agianst inferior drugs because they have a set standard in place to check any drugs that is being manufactured.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

Joke ke? Na so we see am o....

lmao... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny enough, the Reterdeens responsible for this sad and shameful atrocity drive up and down all day everyday with this shame in full sight and still ignore it as if it's has nothing to do with them.

Meanwhile, the money for this rubbish na borrow borrow from china and we are still on the hook for that loan....

Keep quiet ACN apologist...

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by shady26(m): 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
How do did you come to the conclusion that the entire system has packed up?ope they paying you well for this level of sycophancy/foolery
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2013
GeneralJ: No dey go CHINA but the fisherman and his cohorts would never listen, buying everything from china, no be ZTE dey make those chinco fone wey go dey fuc.k up a week after buying it, but they will still go and contract the same company without doing research, somebody please EDUCATE these people.
Even look at the camera pole, one camera on a pole, are these people dullards or what, so one pole for one camera, how one camera go take see the whole road...SMH for this country ohhh

Ok let me educate you sir. Having worked at a security firm I can tell you the camera in the picture is a high speed dome camera. It costs within 450,000-1.5million for a single piece(installation fee excluded).

It covers a lot of distance 100 metres or more depending on the grade. It can zoom, pan, scan, rotate and a whole a lot of functions. It is the best type of outdoor camera to use for quality, longer distance and durability.

Perhaps if they had installed ten 10 mm bullet camera that would be sensible to cover a whole distance to you a lay man. But to a security professional, one high speed dome is enough and even better as it has greater capabilities.

Thus, do not assume ZTE that opted for one high speed dome camera were trying to cut corners: they did so because it is the best attainable outdoor camera for now.
The problem we have in this country Is lack of maintenance eg the solar panel in the picture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by veee: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
Buh dis is just one picture duplicated to paint a very bad one of the government. This indeed not patrotic no matter how u see it.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by AroComputerCe(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
If this was a school project work, I would score you 5%. U took only one pix and try to make the whole world believe that this is how all the Abuja CCTV - Cameras & Solar panels look like. Learn to do objective reporting.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by vandarsar(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
And idiota like you is going out of your way to cover up your country mediocrity. Check that picture well, they are obviously different solar installations and even if it were to be one, what stopped your mediocre government from fixing an eye sore like this in the heart of Africa capital Ohhh don't tell me GEJ is too busy for that. I wonder how you got 24likes self, bird of a feather stuff huh?

[quote author=]This is multiple angles of the same camera. It's very sad that you're trying to go out of you way to make your own country look bad. [/quote]
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
There is another damaged one at mile 2 . Been meaning to take the pic
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Koolmexxi(m): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
Poster u are a disgrace to tour nation. Is dat d only one installed ind whole city?? U're so desperate for attention u tuk photos of d same scene frm differenr angles. Dat's d one around d Nicon Junction area. I tink it was run into by a vehicle loaded wit blocks cos d day dat happened there were broken blocks all around it and some neatly arranged beside it, probably seized frm d vehicle b4 d area was eventually cleared. It's so disgusting how u ppl find every avenue to criticise ur own country. Govt dey fuckup and we all know but wen u make reports like dis it makes u no beta dan they are.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by kenny1911: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
This pix was taken from multiple angles as already noted by someone else. Its just one of the thousands installed within the city obviously damaged by a car. Here in Abuja, we see on a daily basis, cars overrunning the street lights, flowers, trees, culvets and in some cases among themselves and the surveillance cameras are not different.

The op is just trying to paint the government in bad light for nor being objective in it reportage. He would have gone round the city and upload other collapse or damaged cameras than generalising. Anyway, this is the kind of post many Nairalanders wanted.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Skywalker5(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lilimax:
Why do you call them inferior? We do not have have a standard specification to comapre most of this electronic products coming into the country. I repeat, SON should wake up to their duties.
Didn't you see what NAFDAC is doing in the area of drugs and Cosmetics? They are somehow winning the war agianst inferior drugs because they have a set standard in place to check any drugs that is being manufactured.

That is NAFDAC. Have you ever asked the question why we have so many inferior phones(china phones abi what is the name they call it again) and phones with TV in Nigeria? Who is regulating that? Fake tablets PC coming in from China which is not available in the developed countries because they did not pass safety test is available in Naija. One is currently being distributed in education institution now and its a government backed project.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by oriname(m): 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
ASUU UNIABUJA embarks on a two-week warning Strike https://frenzzy.net/lounge/topic/132/ASUU-uniabuja-embarks-on-a-two-w/view/post_id/144

"The University of Abuja chapter of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) started a two-week warning strike on Monday over the failure of government to implement a visitation panel report.

Dr Clement Chup, the Chairman, University of Abuja branch of ASUU, who disclose this at a press conference, said Federal Government’s delay in implementing the white paper was not in the interest of the university.

He said the union’s resolution to embark on a two-week warning strike followed government’s failure to listen to the university’s longstanding complaints over governance crisis at institution.

According to him, the specific element of the crisis is the continuing delay in the implementation of the recommendations of the report of the 2012 Presidential Visitation Panel."
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by oloriooko(m): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
Can you stop this nonsensical brouhaha already? I live here & I've seen a couple of those sh1ts called solar panels that have rotten, fallen or even stopped working. Why are there so many hypocrites licking the as$ of this present no. 1 citizen?

Just yesterday, I was so disappointed at the nature of the drainage channels along the central area. And I started wondering if at all GEJ sometimes come out at night to see things & how there are.

If time permits me before today runs out, I'll snap & upload some for Nlanders to see.

Bloody hypocrite.

see this olodo, are you the only one living in abuja? so cos the guy showed a singular camera destroyed by a nigerian like you, you now stupidly rushed to conclude that the entire system has packed up.

do not forget to also upload the good ones when your senses are in order.
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by ekoilee: 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Okija_juju: This thread is a joke best suited for a beer palour.. I jumped in hoping to see something and ended up disappointed. 1 camera pole that was obviously brought down as a result of an accident is what the OP is calling the entire CCTV programme as packed up.. Its like entering a road with many streetlights only to find one that is bad and then photograph it and call the entire street as having no streetlights..

This is very sad the extent Nigerians would go to rubbish their own.

The Mod that put this uselss thread on the frontpage is just as much a person as the OP.

You cassava bread heads say the most dumbest things, it's like you people are headless zombies with no brains... The house is currently probing this contract based on the quality of materials and workmanship delivered to your country.

What do you really expect to happen with low quality materials and lousy job? The end product falls appart like a freeking pack of cards and that's what we are seeing.

Quality materials are tested to go against wind and other acts of nature and it doesn't even matter how many is destroyed or working, facts remains that we bought sub standard CCTV system and on top of that, the corrupt morons in ABUJA signed some mind buggling contract they bars them from discussing the terms of the contract with third parties? Where on the surface of the earth is this done?

The concern about the low quality of the CCTV surfaced back in 2011 so why are you suprised that they are now falling apart?

Leading debate on the motion, he raised concern about the quality of materials being used by the Chinese company alleging that they were substandard.

He further noted that the poles being used for the CCTV cameras were different from the ones used by the same company in countries like Ghana, Senegal, Morroco and Malaysia.

He said,"the National Public Security Communication System is based in a system known as Global Trunking Architecture which provides telecommunication and it could be used to monitor elections and verification of election results as well as disaster management and control.

"The contractual details of the transaction with the Federal Government is presently shrouded in secrecy which is a clear violation of the doctrine of transparency, accountability and an infringement of the laws of the country," Honourable Saleh said..

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/32475-reps-probe-470m-abuja-cctv-contract

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
as much as i like eko ile and texas.cowgirl. I really think both of you are now becoming a nuisance on this forum. When will you peeps learn that, only people who live in a city can make conclusions about those cities? Texas.cowgirl, you don't even live in Nigeria, yet you will take your time (which you could have used for more constructive things) to search for some ridiculous and mostly old pictures on the internet. for what exactly? To prove what? We all need to start thinking right! If Nigerians think they are alright, then live it that way, and stop meddling.

eko-ile, this post is very ridiculous. If anyone should start any post of this kind, it should be an abuja resident...who knows the recent happenings and not you posting different angles of the same camera. how ridiculous can you get? I wonder what some Nairalanders derive from all this shii. I visit lagos so well (official purposes), I know things that are not right, i know the media propaganda, i know Lagos. But what you will never see me do is bash Lagos or any other place for that matter. If Lagos residents say everything is alright, who am i to say NO?

If Abuja residents say everything is fine, who is eko-ile to say NO?
And it's even more sad to think that you guys are ____________eeerm...never mind

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
See this onukwu o, snaping the same picture from different angles.
What kind of dumb human being is this. If the house is probing the contract, is it because of one pole that fell.
Don't let your hatred for jonathan turn you into a blatant f00l.

1 Like

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by ekoilee: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
speedyboi: as much as i like eko ile and texas.cowgirl. I really think both of you are now becoming a nuisance on this forum. When will you peeps learn that, only people who live in a city can make conclusions about those cities? Texas.cowgirl, you don't even live in Nigeria, yet you will take your time (which you could have used for more constructive things) to search for some ridiculous and mostly old pictures on the internet. for what exactly? To prove what? We all need to start thinking right! If Nigerians think they are alright, then live it that way, and stop meddling.

eko-ile, this post is very ridiculous. If anyone should start any post of this kind, it should be an abuja resident...who knows the recent happenings and not you posting different angles of the same camera. how ridiculous can you get? I wonder what some Nairalanders derive from all this shii. I visit lagos so well (official purposes), I know things that are not right, i know the media propaganda, i know Lagos. But what you will never see me do is bash Lagos or any other place for that matter. If Lagos residents say everything is alright, who am i to say NO?

If Abuja residents say everything is fine, who is eko-ile to say NO?
And it's even more sad to think that you guys are ____________eeerm...never mind

What's this dumb rubbish got to do with some broken and crapy CCTV nonsense in Abuja...?
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by elvis07: 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
But aall i see in this post is just one solar panel, soo wats D̶̲̥̅̊ whole noise abt?
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by IGBOSON1: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Did he say otherwise?

I fail to understand a typical Nigerian's reasoning (no reasoning at all)

How's Eko-Ile making Nigeria look bad? Did Eko-Ile use baseball bats to smash up that [b]CCTV?

^^^On the bolded: i wouldn't put it past him! undecided

2 Likes

Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Skywalker5(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^On the bolded: i wouldn't put it past him! undecided

grin grin grin grin
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by crisycent: 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Who is this fool? You are taking one particular picture from different angle. Are you a learner? One bad mean say all don bad?#getsense
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by Darejyde(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=]This is multiple angles of the same camera. It's very sad that you're trying to go out of you way to make your own country look bad. [/quote]leave de guy make him de fool him self e tink say we no go skul, I don't knw y Nigerians wud always celebrate only de bad tins happening God knw de numb of una haws
Re: $470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) by fydence: 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "$470 Million Abuja CCTV Cameras & Solar Panel packups 6 Months"

Someone posted earlier that ALL the pictures are different angles of the SAME camera that was probably brought down by rain storm or whatever. How the falling of a single camera amounts to "$470 Million Abuja CCTV Cameras & Solar Panel packups 6 Months" can only be explained by ACN notorious LIARS and propagandists. These ACN e-warriors still dont understand that you cant win the hearts of people by telling WICKED and unclad LIES. Even if Lai Muhammed, is notorious for telling lies cant his footsolders do something different?

Back to the fallen CCTV cameras, I know the Chinese contractors handling the project have not completed the work so they should be compelled to go and fix any fallen camera. This sort of project should have a maintenance component to fix things like this immediately.

Meanwhile, the Lagos light rail project, Lagos- Badagry road and many other projects in Lagos are also being done by the Chinese.
Whoever you are..may God bless you... Its just sad the extent people wld go to bring down someone else..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of President Goodluck Jonathan Signing Pension Reform Bill Into Law / "Buhari In Benue To Commission Cemetery" – PDP Youths / Type Of Candidates Nigerians Should Support In 2019– Catholic Caritas Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.