Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Won't Our Leaders Just Do The Right Things......? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Won't Our Leaders Just Do The Right Things......? (426 Views)

Our Leaders: Just Plain Insensitive Or Irresponsible? / Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? / What Nigeria Needs Is The Death Penalty For Corrupt Leaders Just Like China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Won't Our Leaders Just Do The Right Things......? by Ab025(m): 9:21am On Apr 30, 2013
I may be new to nairaland, but am not new to nigeria, afterall I've lived all my life in this country and that's why this is such a heavy problem for me, just what does it take for nigeria to be as developed nation...? Mind you, the answer is not that difficult as you would think; "money, trust, hardwork, effective leadership, understandin, focus and the creation of sound and effective policies".....
I don't know about u, but I think dis qualities are present in nigeria, infact, if positively fine-tuned and harnessed, our country will be far much better than even the so-called developed nations but nope, the opposite is what has come to stay. Do u think if all these millions we make per day in the sale of oil are properly used, we shall have any bad road wit pot holes in this country? Or a shortage of power supply or water supply? Or violent crimes and 419s everywhere in d country? Or that the level of unemployment will be this high? CAPITAL NO...even small european countries that has no real natural resources have longed solved these problems long time ago, then nairalanders, what do we think is our real major problem; is it really corruption, african mentality, ignorance or just mere wickedness of our leaders or the zeal of our leaders to fill up their pockets untill they leave the government? Because as far as am concerned, they know the right things to do to make this country a much more better country than how it is now, but they they just won't do it.....
Re: Why Won't Our Leaders Just Do The Right Things......? by juman(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2013
One nigeria is our problem. nigeria is a very sick country.

The country can get tens of billions or even up to one hundred billion of dollars from agriculture, but the governments at all level are doing little on that side. Even ACN governors are not good on agriculture.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Passing Through A Trying Moment - Jonathan / Lagos Outlaws Makoko Ultra Modern Floating School / Jonathan Tasks Nigerian Labour Congress To Check Corruption Among Its Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.