Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. (17514 Views)

32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion / Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times / Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 9:57am On Apr 30, 2013
Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos

The controversial N4.5 billion Sunborn Yacht Hotel, brought from England and moored on the Lagos waters for over four years, has finally disappeared from the state after the controversies surrounding its ownership.

It will be recalled that the custom built yacht, with 102 elegant suites, arrived the Lagos waters in November 2008  and instantly became a cynosure of all eyes.

The yacht, expected to serve as a four_star hotel, was, however , bedeviled by controversies since its arrival which led to it abandonment and subsequent rusting away on the water-ways.

When Vanguard visited the quay, by the Army Officers’ Mess at Marina, Lagos Island Local Government Area, there was no sign that such expensive and eye catching structure ever berthed there.

Enquiries from the state government and even residents of the state yielded no result as no one could  say specifically what happened to the multi_purpose built yacht that moored on the state water for over four years.Commissioner for Tourism, Mr. Oladisun Holloway, when asked to comment on the development denied the state government’s knowledge of the where about of the supposed ‘first African luxury hotel on water’.

According to Holloway; “As citizens of the state can’t find it, so is the state government also. The government can’t say precisely where the Yacht is berthed at present.”

The commissioner reiterated that “the state government doesn’t have any commitment in the yacht. And I don’t know why the residents of the state should be interested in whereabouts of the Sunborn yacht.

The four-star hotel, originally owned by the City of London, was conceptualised as a leisure and  business centre to service the higher echelon of Lagos society. Mr. John Smart, a boat operator, said he could not say accurately the whereabouts of the four_storey multi_purpose built yacht, since removal last month.

According to Smart; “I cannot say the date when it was removed but all we saw on one fateful day was a large number of people who crowded the Sunborn Yacht and towed it away with another ship.  They didn’t inform anyone where they will be taking the yacht to and since then we were yet to see it.”

So, the question on the lips of residents and concerned citizens which has remained unresolved is; “where is the Sunborn Yacht Hotel and who is behind the deal”. Time will tell.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/04/30/controversial-n4-5billion-yacht-hotel-disappears-from-lagos/

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Tolexander: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2013
Is yacht a crab on sea that will just disappear like that?

What doesn't disappear in nigeria?
Car dey disappear for road!
40billion nigerian satellite dey disappear for orbit!
4.5billion naira yacht disappearing no be amazing thing!

11 Likes

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2013
Tolexander: Is yacht a crab on sea that will just disappear like that?

Does this not sound familiar?
Commissioner of tourism Lagos state :"As citizens of the
state can’t find it, so is the state
government also. The government CAN'T PRECISELY SAY where the Yacht is berthed
at present.”

2 Likes

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Damojo: 10:31am On Apr 30, 2013
They should Afikuyomi and Segun Oniru. F**king thieves!!
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by holyvirgin: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Fashocrook and Tinubu should know the whereabout of the ship. Those two thiefs keep selling lagos state properties or making such properties their personal belongings.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
GEJ caused the disappearance.

10 Likes

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by turkish(m): 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
[/quote]The government can’t say precisely where the Yacht is berthed at present.”[quote]

This is from the top ooooo

we are finished

grin

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by poshqueen(f): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Original gucci kicks in general,louis vuitton,hermes,bally,timbaland,latest jerseys,watches,polos ETC add dopemenwears 2807E92E

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by searchcorp(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
oh, i loved seeing that hatch, oh, i will so miss it.

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eagleeye2: 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
How possible is it for a Yatch to just disappear?
You go fear fear.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Ngwakwe: 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
The Yatch of that magnitude should have a tracking system.

There's no need of denying its way about. Just track it or consult the manufacturer to help them locate it.

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by dridowu: 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
How can u pple abuse fashola and gej about d ship ? Ok d truth is dat my dad driva take it to our mechanic 4 repair, d steering is malfunctioning ,

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by yuzedo: 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Maybe it sinked at night? undecided dey shud off they dress and dive down inside d water & looooooook for eat down down. das my advis. tenks.

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by theripper3: 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
This obod Naija sef. Na just one big comedy.

Which kind sophisticated JAZz dem use?
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by momodub: 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
where did it went
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Sike(m): 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
Haaaaa! Nkan Be!!!

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by yuzedo: 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
poshqueen: Original gucci kicks in general,louis vuitton,hermes,bally,timbaland,latest jerseys,watches,polos ETC add dopemenwears 2807E92E
**pips her proofil pictur. see ice cream brezz and sweeet lips like banana** choooi! sweeriii, i want to bye ur market. can u diliver to my mansion in [size=14pt]BANANA ISLAND[/size]?? tongue sweery be nice i have money. is my dat have dis boat deir talkinggg of. dun wear pant on ur way to diliver. i will pay for ur taxxy. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by LEvuls(m): 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
momodub: where did it went
went to d komissionerz a.nus
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by sulaimon99(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
let me say this in my native yoruba ....a gbò iru èleyii rii ...,a fin deruba olòòro ni..
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by wellmax(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
Its a private property, the owner doesn't owe anybody an explanation of its whereabouts.

7 Likes

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by LEvuls(m): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
poshqueen: Original gucci kicks in general,louis vuitton,hermes,bally,timbaland,latest jerseys,watches,polos ETC add dopemenwears 2807E92E
how does this rubbish contribute to dis trend...nawaooh for some ppl

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Nightshift(m): 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nigeria's wonder, wonderment!! Perhaps it was towed to the Atlantic by Lagos infamous 25 billion mosquitoes? After the cement armada of early 80s, this will be another big story.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Osuman(m): 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
hahaha
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by lifestyle1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
undecided
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by nduchucks: 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
We are the most precious and amazing people in the whole wide world. We will soon wake up and find that the whole country is gone.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by chiboy11(m): 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
Tolexander: Is yacht a crab on sea that will just disappear like that?

What doesn't disappear in nigeria?
Car dey disappear for road!
40billion nigerian satellite dey disappear for orbit!
4.5billion naira yacht disappearing no be amazing thing!
Even our president yaradua disapear not 2 talk of comon ship

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by whisper88(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
yuzedo:
**pips her proofil pictur. see ice cream brezz and sweeet lips like banana** choooi! sweeriii, i want to bye ur market. can u diliver to my mansion in [size=14pt]BANANA ISLAND[/size]?? tongue sweery be nice i have money. is my dat have dis boat deir talkinggg of. dun wear pant on ur way to diliver. i will pay for ur taxxy. wink wink
Pls wen she delivers urs, am next. I hv 3 castles in BANANA island, am Adenuga's son
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by stebell(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
Its has been hijacked. I saw sometin like dat along de water ways of Bayelsa. =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º=))=))
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by lafile(m): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
That thing has been outta the Officers Mess waters for a while now o. It wasn't even there during Easter. It just upped and disappeared. And naturally, nobody knows about it.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Ogosoga: 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lagos state government denied knowing anything abot the yatch, but they were collecting tax from it, or they want to tell us that the hotel is tax free? eko oni bajeoooooo

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Disappear? No it didn't.
Its not like the yatch was seen today evening and was missing at dawn the next day.
That boat sailed right in front of everybody. We just didn't notice.
Besides:
these babies come loaded with gps and stuff.
It was berthed in the middle of a city, not like the open seas.
And finally, them no dey push ship like car (don't talk about towing now o)
I believe someone is lying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogbueshi Ben Chidoka's 90th Birthday Party (Photos) / 2019 Poll: Obasanjo’s Camp In Dilemma Over Choice Of Party / 774,000 Jobs: Buhari Approves November 1 Commencement For Special Public Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.