Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. (17510 Views)

32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion / Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times / Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by ekoilee: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2013
Goddex: Fashola owns that yacht. Funny how ACN peeps on nairaland claim ignorance when it's common knowledge. Shame on the tourism commissioner for lying to Nigerians.

When you spew what is not true and can not back up with facts and documents, its not knowledge, its lack of knowledge aka ignorance...
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by naptu2: 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
Now, I've repeatedly answered your questions, can you please answer even one of my questions?
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
naptu
Your long epistle simply states that hotels in Lagos are unjustly overtaxed by the Lagos state government.
The first stament in your epistle clearly states "at the federal tier of govt.... the Nigerian Tourism Development commission is in charge.
Lagos was the capital of the country, but no more so i dont get ur point.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by naptu2: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
See running away!

1) All hotels in Nigeria are required to register with the NTDC (that is the federal regulation).

2) Stop running away. If the yacht is not on the Lagos Lagoon, Five Cowry Creek, Badagry Creek, Porto Novo Creek or Lekki Lagoon, how is it Lagos State's business to know where it is? All Lagos State is concerned about is that it is not illegally carrying out hotel business in Lagos. If it is not in Lagos, how is it the state government's business to know where it is or if it has left Nigeria?

You still haven't answered my questions; who is in charge of those agencies I listed (the agencies charged with the responsibility of monitoring what enters or leaves Nigerian waters) ?
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by lexylexy(m): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Look,all wat u guys yarrnin jst giberrish because wen dis ship was enterin naija we heard of it because they(lagos state govt) told us,so dey must inform us also wen its leavin.
And for those of u sayin its private prop. Pls wat is d name of d owner abeg because I always tot it was for d state govt.
And someone said somtin abt trackin d vessel. So who's gonna do d trackin. Also,before u can track a vessel,u must hav d vessel details.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Tolexander: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
Capnd143: mumu . .did the satelite disapear? Or it failed in orbit and was repatriated and replaced with nigeriasat-x to avoid collision with other satelites, get ur facts b4 trying to cook up stories to suit your speech. Thanks anyway!
http://africanpress.me/2008/11/13/nigeria-disappeared-satellite-parked-to-avoid-accident-in-space/
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by naptu2: 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
eaglechild:
Don't be senseless
A ship is not a box of sweets.
A vessel like that is capable of smuggling contraband items including arms etc, so for you to label it private property and then deem it fit to come and go as it pleases is ridiculous!
Whenever it has to do with Lagos state you become blind to reality.
Eko oni baje my azz.

Who is in charge of monitoring for illegal arms, contraband, etc?
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
naptu2:

Who is in charge of monitoring for illegal arms, contraband, etc?
A yatch hotel that is registered under the Lagos state tourism board and has been paying its taxes to that state govt just disappears into thin air, only for the commissioner for tourism to say he cannot categorically tell us when or where the hotel disappeared to?
This cannot happen anywhere else for very simple reasons, one of the most obvious is that the yatch hotel must be certified to have paid all its taxes before it is allowed to sail away.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
Well done Naptu
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Goddex: 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
eko ilee:

When you spew what is not true and can not back up with facts and documents, its not knowledge, its lack of knowledge aka ignorance...

Shame on all of you. Tell your Fashola and Tinubu to please provide us with pipe borne water in Lagos. It's dangerous for us to keep depending on mairuwa and pure water we do not know the source. Even most of these PDP states you deceive yourself that they are performing less have functional pipe borne water running 24hrs. I was in Calabar for 3 months recently and when the state water board failed to pump water for two days the whole city was in flames. It was like the United States power authority failing to provide power for two days. The entire city was about to burst. I was so ashamed of myself that even the Lagos that I live with all the respect they accord me, a supposedly mega city do not have water pipes running the length and breadth of the state. Tell your governor to give common water in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
eko ilee:

Still, what's this got to do with you since this is clearly a private property?

And if the owners are into contraband, then its up to the people in charge of our territorial waters and drug enforcement to lose sleep over it.
It is a yatch hotel registered under Lagos state tourism board.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by ekoilee: 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
eaglechild:
It is a yatch hotel registered under Lagos state tourism board.

And this means the boat is not a private property and the owners can not do what they want with their property?

I still need you to tell me who is in monitors Nigeria's territorial waters and who fights contraband and drugs.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by ekoilee: 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
eaglechild:
A yatch hotel that is registered under the Lagos state tourism board and has been paying its taxes to that state govt just disappears into thin air, only for the commissioner for tourism to say he cannot categorically tell us when or where the hotel disappeared to?
This cannot happen anywhere else for very simple reasons, one of the most obvious is that the yatch hotel must be certified to have paid all its taxes before it is allowed to sail away.

Even going with your ridiculous tax claims, are you sure the owners didn't fulfil their tax obligations and even whats the tax obligation on a non functional and broken down boat?
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
eko ilee:

And this means the boat is not a private property and the owners can not do what they want with their property?

I still need you to tell me who is in monitors Nigeria's territorial waters and who fights contraband and drugs.

No
It means that it pays its tax to Lagos state govt, and cannot berth in Lagos Lagoon without the knowledge an approval of the Lagos state govt an the relevant national parastatals.
Remember this is a hotel not a cargo ship.
Therefore it is utter failure for the Lagos state govt to say that a ship registered under it's agency as a hotel has disappeared without any trace and they know NOTHING about it.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
And to think this cluless commissioner was appointed by and speaks on behalf of the "infalliable" Fashole is sickening.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by ekoilee: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
eaglechild:
No
It means that it pays its tax to Lagos state govt, and cannot berth in Lagos Lagoon without the knowledge an approval of the Lagos state govt an the relevant national parastatals.
Remember this is a hotel not a cargo ship.
Therefore it is utter failure for the Lagos state govt to say that a ship registered under it's agency as a hotel has disappeared without any trace and they know NOTHING about it.

Again, what if the owners have fulfilled all their tax obligations, are they still not allowed to do what they want with their boat and should the state prevent them from doing so.?
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by naptu2: 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
The yacht has not carried out hotel business since 2009. Its license was revoked and the government was about to tow it out of Lagos in 2011 before the court order came. Which tax are you talking about? Which registration are you talking about?

By the way, the yacht was never on the Lagos Lagoon (it's too big to sail beneath the bridges), it was at Customs Quays.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by naptu2: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2013
Can you tell me who the guests were at the hotel? Can you tell me about any event that was held there since 2011? Can you tell me what was sold at the hotel?

It was just an empty floating wreck!

Now tell me, who is supposed to monitor what sails in and out of Nigerian waters? Who is supposed to check for illegal arms and contraband?
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by eaglechild: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
naptu2: The yacht has not carried out hotel business since 2009. Its license was revoked and the government was about to tow it out of Lagos in 2011 before the court order came. Which tax are you talking about? Which registration are you talking about?

By the way, the yacht was never on the Lagos Lagoon (it's too big to sail beneath the bridges), it was at Customs Quays.
And then it disappears one day and the state govt knows nothing about it.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by ekoilee: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
eaglechild:

Is lagos state in charge of our territorial waters? . Yes or No.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by clint77ng: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
Acn and Cpc won't take now cos it happened in Lagos.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by NYRM: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you to school to sit at home because our Government have failed us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money, oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the 36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those who stand on our way as they are consideredthe enemy. A man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is violence,they have shown it to the Niger delta militantsand nowthey are planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per monthto the unemployed was rejected and you pay militants N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria will burn to berebuilt again like Libya, Iraq, Egypt and Tunisia...pleas e spread this message unless you want todie in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to be happy and prosperous...!! ! Pls send this msg to all ur contact cos anytin can happen o!!! The time is right for us all to say no bad governance who take the youths for granted!
I knw sum will say NO let start the move together by joining the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution"pls don't send friend request just like the group "nigerian youths movement for revolution" help us in recommending the group to ur family and friend say no to bad leaders, say no to oppressors

1 Like

Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by CooldudeY2J: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nah wa O see nairalanders dey take panadol 4 my headache. Nah me get d yatch n i don relocate to osun river becos e dey near my village.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by naptu2: 10:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
eaglechild:

And then he never answers any of the questions because he simply can't.

grin
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by HezronLorraine(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
This is ridiculous,disappear,how.what is NIMASA's job and the navy.there's no agency around to monitor the movement that saw it towed.everything and anything disappears in Nigeria.must u tell obama a yatch hotel disappeared in rhodes island,coast guard and navy won't have questions to answer.my God,Nigeria.we are yet to enter the technologised age.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by 1009ja: 12:13am On May 01, 2013
make una ask Tinubu where him don carry the sea hotel to. dem never tire to play with we money.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by redsun(m): 12:18am On May 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: The Yatch of that magnitude should have a tracking system.

There's no need of denying its where about. Just track it or consult the manufacturer to help them locate it.

Maybe it has been savaged,korokoro,to cover evidence.It could have been brought in by the tinubu.And in a water that is supposedly controlled and protected,the authorities are saying they dont anything about a vessel of magnitude berthing in lagos waters for 4years.

No name,no ownership,no registration,no duties,no clearance.OGBOJU.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by ekoilee: 1:22am On May 01, 2013
You mean your useless and incompetent dullard uncle aka odechukwu el Reterdeen was dozing off ogogoro and sleeping on duty while Tinubu maneuver boat instead of the water creek clown protecting our territorial waters...? You losers sabi put feet inside your mouth sha..

Dullard talk from the son of aso rock true born dullard.... lmao
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by ba7man(m): 5:30am On May 01, 2013
"I don't know where the yatch is" another way of saying "Where the Yatch is is none of your business".
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by bknight: 8:30am On May 01, 2013
When a whole Nigerian Navy's NNS Beecroft could go missing? undecided They can hope to find it berthed in another country in anoda continent after some years sha.
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by naptu2: 8:35am On May 01, 2013
bknight: When a whole Nigerian Navy's NNS Beecroft could go missing? undecided They can hope to find it berthed in another country in anoda continent after some years sha.

NNS Beecroft is the naval base at Apapa. It's not a ship (in layman's terms, although all bases are ships to naval personnel).
Re: Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. by Ranoscky(m): 9:02am On May 01, 2013
NIGERIA - A country where ANYTHING can happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team / Ogbueshi Ben Chidoka's 90th Birthday Party (Photos) / 2019 Poll: Obasanjo’s Camp In Dilemma Over Choice Of Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.