Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital (11835 Views)

The IPOB Protester Against Okorocha Was Handcuffed By London Police (video) / North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt / Gov Rochas Okorocha Was Booed Today At The Secretariat In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2013
Auto Crash: Why Gov. Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital

Insecurity and protracted labour dispute between the State government and staff of the Imo State University Teaching Hospital (IMSUTH), were reasons why Governor Rochas Okorocha was not taken to the hospital for treatments when he was involved in an auto crash recently.

Okorocha's vehicle had head-on collision with another vehicle belonging to one Osita Nnawuihe on Friday, April 19, 2013 at Umuoma, Orlu, while driving himself without the usual outriders and government house ambulance.

It was learnt that the governor was rushed to St Mary's Children and Community Hospital, Umuowa where he received first aid, while Nnawuihe was taken to the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owerri for treatment.

The state government and the teaching hospital staff had been at loggerheads over non-payment of 10 months salary arrears and other sundry allowances. According to a government source who pleaded anonymity, it would be a great risk to have taken the governor to the hospital for treatment where doctors and the staff were not in the right frame of mind.

Daily Sun learnt that the hospital had in the recent time been witnessing exodus of doctors and other medical personnel because of the industrial crisis. St. Mary's Children and Community Hospital officials where Governor Okorocha received first aid treatment before being flown overseas, did not give details.

The Hospital administrator, Sir Louis Ekwebelem however, affirmed that only the governor, who sustained an injury in the head was treated in their theatre by the Chief Medical Officer and the chief surgeon. According to him, "We did not see the other man you are talking about. He was not brought here."

Meanwhile, the wife of Nnawuihe, Callista had cried out over the continued detention of her husband by the police. According to an eye-witness account, the governor's convoy was traveling without the usual outriders and government house ambulance. Speaking with Daily Sun in a telephone chat, Mrs. Nnawuihe, disclosed that her husband had been in the police custody following the accident.

Mrs. Nnawuihe who was not exactly forthcoming with information of the accident, confirmed that her husband was not treated at a hospital in Orlu alongside the Governor as earlier reported but was taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri for treatment. She said she was not at the scene of the accident, but didn't have the opportunity to discuss extensively with her husband since it occurred.

According to her no family member had an access to her husband since he had been in police detention in Owerri Contacted on phone, Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, Joy Elemoko Ugo, could not be reached as her mobile number was not connecting calls.

Her subordinates told Daily Sun that she had traveled, while her office was securely locked. The state Police Commissioner, Muhammed Musa Katsina did not pick a call. A text message to him inquiring about the accident victim in their custody was also not replied.

http://m.naij.com/news/32643.html
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by toshacer: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2013
Maybe if you had paid their 10 months salary arrears.

4 Likes

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by nairaman66(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2013
There is always excuse for everything in Nigeria.. One hell of a place!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by israel007: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2013
The governor couldn't be treated in a 'hospital where the doctors are not in the right frame of mind' but the common man is fit to be treated there.

10 months salaries not paid with allowances et al yet there's available fund for misguided spending and even oversea treatment for the governor while the second victim is behind bars struggling to eat and contracting more diseases over an accident.

Our orientation just has to change and fast

9 Likes

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by link2ok(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2013
Hmmmm, wishin both victim speedy recovery bt pls release d man 2his family.....
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by clemmonce(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2013
after an accident which the governor might be the person who caused it... you detain the man and the governor is been treated ........ in Africa just try as much as possible to be a governor or senator i swear you are a semi god.... rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by pappilo(m): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2013
bleeping country. Lock an injured man up for over 2 weeks because he had a road traffic collision with the governor? SMMH!

1 Like

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Samelfisha(m): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2013
Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by pappilo(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2013
clemmonce: after an accident which the governor might be the person who caused it... you detain the man and the governor is been treated ........ in Africa just try as much as possible to be a governor or senator i swear you are a semi god.... rubbish

Even if the man caused a collision, why the hell do you lock him up for over 2 weeks. I can understand them asking him questions cause it involves the governor. Unless they know it was attempted murder and not a case of careless driving, the man should be released immediately

5 Likes

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Samelfisha(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2013
berem: lipsrsealed
try nd calm down i can feel ya anger grin
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by jonot: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2013
the least that should happen is to allow the man get treatment as well. if a case for whatever will be brought against him, he shouldnt be allowed to rot in detention in the meantime. his family should raise an alarm ASAP!
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2013
Samelfisha: Nigeria grin grin grin
say what! say what! anything can happen! cheesy
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Edoboy1(m): 10:41am On Apr 30, 2013
I wonder the kind of ERA we are living in. Somebody pls give it a name. Na wa o
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by 5much(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2013
taking him to a govt hospital would have been suicidal.
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by OracleHex(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2013
When the people fear the govt, its called tyranny but when the govt fears the people, its called liberty- Thomas Jeffery

4 Likes

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Ejine(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2013
The shameless idiiot governor is proud he hasn't paid health workers for 10 MONTHS! TEN phucking months!

Yet, he has enough money to host his 5-day birthday jamboree in the state with public funds. This same man has enough money to build Bongo Square, Heroes Square, Freedom Square, Commissioners' Quarters and Centenary Tower - Useless things that will NOT impact the indigenes economically or socially.
When he's done building his Freedom Square, na who go dey there? Starving emaciated Imo indigenes? Kidnappers?

This criminal tried to dismantle the Local Government structure regardless of the fact that he had NO powers over it.

This man tried to legalize his corrupt "4th tier government" which would give more powers to godless traditional rulers and their thugs.

This man went about selling off the Imo Transport Company to his his criminal front, the "Roche Group".

This man sold Imo's Ada Palm Pantation to himself.

This man sold the state's water supply company to numerous criminal companies which he holds stakes in.

This man wrecked the state's SUBEB because the structure made it impossible for him to wield supreme power over.

This man, in his ill-thought "Free Education for UNIVERSITIES" scam, slashed the money meant to cater to the IMSU Teaching Hospital, and used the proceeds to fund his populist "Free Education" fraud. Talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul.

He said he was going to build over 300 schools in the separate wards? grin Oga, we dey wait oh, 2 years have passed and all we can see is that ONE Township School which you're using to hoodwink people.

Okorocha is a properly polished conman!

10 Likes

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by dridowu: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2013
Shameless Gov
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Lilimax(f): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2013
The state government and the teaching hospital staff had been at loggerheads over non-payment of 10 months salary arrears and other sundry allowances. [/b]According to a government source who pleaded anonymity, it would be a great risk to have taken the governor to the hospital for treatment where doctors and the staff were not in the right frame of mind.

Daily Sun learnt that the hospital had in [b]the recent time been witnessing exodus of doctors and other medical personnel because of the industrial crisis.

According to her no family member had an access to her husband since he had been in police detention in Owerri Contacted on phone,I
Is this not the same Rochas that is parading himself as the best Governor in the South East . Why are they owning the medical Practicitoners 10 months salary. This is wickedness in high place. A lobourer is worthy of his wages.Pay them there salaries.
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by albacete(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2013
U mean to tell me that the man went from hospital to police cell while Okorocha d leader ruler travelled to London, then to Israel before coming back to his state?

In sane climes, he would have shown his magnanimity by paying d hospital bill of the man. But because everything has turned to politics, d man was detained because he is / was perceived to be a tool in d hands of his "imaginary" political enemies.
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Pedagogue: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2013
clemmonce: after an accident which the governor might be the person who caused it... you detain the man and the governor is been treated ........ in Africa just try as much as possible to be a governor or senator i swear you are a semi god.... rubbish

And after leaving office, they return back to their HUMAN form! But sadly, they don't remember dt! Power is transient...ask former governors !
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 30, 2013
Ejiné: The shameless idiiot governor is proud he hasn't paid health workers for 10 MONTHS! TEN phucking months!

Yet, he has enough money to host his 5-day birthday jamboree in the state with public funds. This same man has enough money to build Bongo Square, Heroes Square, Freedom Square, Commissioners' Quarters and Centenary Tower - Useless things that will NOT impact the indigenes economically or socially.
When he's done building his Freedom Square, na who go dey there? Starving emaciated Imo indigenes? Kidnappers? No, tell me!

Useless criminal.

He really has no shame.
hehehehe! CHIEJINE i was expecting your comment and you didn't fail to disappoint. Carry go! cheesy
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by stebell(m): 10:51am On Apr 30, 2013
I hope I won't hear de fault of GEJ frm anyone's mouth. If I were de doctor @ dat hospital I'll jus give him de drug dat killed Micheal Jackson(RIP). Our leaders n overseas treatment I tire o.

1 Like

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by sukobaba(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2013
As much as I lyk dis Okorocha, hin don fall my hand here. Why on earth will he be owning Doctors 10month salary? What does he want them to be feeding on? He shud order the release of the poor man 4 heaven sake. He shud also take a clue from Captain Eedris Wada of Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Ejine(m): 10:55am On Apr 30, 2013
berem: hehehehe! CHIEJINE i was expecting your comment and you didn't fail to disappoint. Carry go! cheesy

I've even edited the post to add more jara.

You sabi say I no dey ever fall hand grin cool
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Ejine(m): 10:58am On Apr 30, 2013
It's also interesting to note that he's an APC man grin

What a beautiful coincidence grin

1 Like

Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by abagoro(m): 10:58am On Apr 30, 2013
This report was carried out by opposition and that is why emphasis was laid on unpaid salaries. The truth is that the Doctors have been or strike and have not been able to resolve it with Government. The students even took to the streets earlier this year. What is the reason? Because successive Governments owed them and they are demanding for the present Government to clear the arrears and re-visit old issues and employ more than they can pay. They also don't want the health sector capitalized.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=1395

The Imo State University Teaching Hospital Orlu Chapter of the Medical and Health Workers Union of Nigeria (MHWUN) has issued a seven (7) day ultimatum to the executive Governor of Imo state Rochas Okorocha through the Joint Action Committee of Trade Union IMSUTH branch as follow – up of their earlier issue 21 and 14 days date 9/07/2012 and 31/07/2012 respectively. The latest ultimatum of 7 days stated emphatically that by the expiration of the 7 days, theUnioncan not guarantee industrial harmony if their demands were not met.
Their demands include: total rejection of the planned downsizing of IMSUTH workforce from its 934 staff. They are of the view that more staff should be employed in areas of need, payment of monetization arrears of 24 month, implementation of the consolidated tertiary institution salary structure (CONTISS) of 15 month and consolidated health salary structure (CONHESS) of 19 months, release of 2008, 2009 and 2010 IMSUTH promotions, upwards funding of IMSUTH subvention to 152million naira as a proved by the Imo state House of Assembly, and the removal of the Chief Medical Director Dr Alex Emeka Chukwuemeka. It was revealed that Dr Chukwuemeka has been removed.
The ultimatum was issued at a congress of the Joint Action  Committee of Trade Unions (JACTU) with the participation of both the National and the state executives of the Medical and Health Workers Union of Nigeria (MHWUN). The ultimatum was signed by Comrd. BOV Okere Chairman MHWUN, Comrd J. Adim, Secretary MHWUN, Comrd Faith Uchenwoke Chairperson NANNM, and Comrd Ihetu Gladys Secretary NANNM all of IMSUTH branch chapter.
Speaking at the congress Comrd DV Nnadi state Chairman MHWUN reminded the workers that, they are the electorate that made Okorocha the governor, therefore he is bound to listen and meet their demand.
The National president Health Institutions Consultations Forum (HICF) Comrd Chinedu Nwobodo, frowned at the non- chalant attitude of the government towards Health Care sector, he challenged health workers to rise against any form of capitalism in the state. Comrd Nwobodo charged the workers to take their job seriously.
Comrd Hycinth Anyanwu the deputy chairman National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNAM) decried the mess in the health sector inImoState, he wondered why traditional ruler should be the ones to manage health centers. Comrd Anyanwu Pledged his Unions support to the IMSUTH workers on their step to press home their demand.
The national deputy chairman of MHWUN Comrd. SAB Osuji who represented the National chairman Comrd. Ayuba Awaba, disclosed that there are enormous problems in the state and caution the state Governor not to create more by allowing the health worker of IMSUTH embark on strike by meeting their demand which he said is justified, in his words “The new salary structure should be implemented, as applicable in FMC, promotions should be released, we are against downsizing because unemployment is the major problem in Imo state. as we all know every workers has more than two other dependants”.
Some of the dignitaries that graced the congress include Comrd BOV Okere the convener, Comrd SA Osuji Deputy National President MHWUN, Comrd Chinedu Nwobodo, President HICF, Comrd DV Nnadi state chairman MHWUN, Comrd Hyacinth Anyanwu, Deputy state chairman NANNW, Comrd Onyinye Okere state PRO NANNW, Comrd Nwaneri, Comrd Faith Uchenwoke, Angela Okorie state officers among others.
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by sayso: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2013
People of Imo State, shame on you all.Gov Okorocha,you won an election by sweeping your opponents.
This accident victim may have voted for you and you want him dead in jail with wounds.
He you seats at the high heaven is watching and laughing.
Fear God Okorocha cause you are just a breath from God.
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2013
Ejiné:

I've even edited the post to add more jara.

You sabi say I no dey ever fall hand grin cool
Abeg small small attack my Governor. you know say im get head injury. jiri nwayo biko. grin
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 30, 2013
Thank you Abagworo for clearing the air. Salaries owed by previous government and Okorocha takes the blame? Now i see that the opposition is trying to cause trouble.
Re: Why Okorocha Was Not Treated In Govt Hospital by abagoro(m): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2013
berem: Thank you Abagworo for clearing the air. Salaries owed by previous government and Okorocha takes the blame? Now i see that the opposition is trying to cause trouble.

They earlier posited that the accident was stage-managed but now that the 3rd party has been revealed, they've resorted to cheap blackmail. Someone rammed into a Governors convoy and he wasn't shot but detained and people are complaining. I'm so sure that if it were most Governors, they would have ordered the person killed at the spot. What we are yet to ascertain is if the man was paid to ram into the Governor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Potentials Of Yorubaland / Sheriffdeen: "Lagos, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun carry debt burden of N1.04tr" / Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji Emerges State Assembly Speaker Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.