Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth (1890 Views)

Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! / In Iredu | Full Movie / Tunde Kelani’s Film Adaptation Of ‘dazzling Mirage’ Commences! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by knzguru(m): 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
Check out In Iredu's Trailers, Posters and Pictures.

In Iredu is an epic African short film adaptation of Macbeth directed and produced by young Nigerian film makers and is to distributed free. When it launches the film will be posted on Nairaland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpd3_cbuRgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5LmvxtJi0
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by knzguru(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
An Adaptation of Shakespeare's Macbeth

Ogagun, the great general from the western region of Africa, meets up with the three witches in iredu to find out what the future holds for him.

STARING
Deyemi Okanlawon, Adenike Ayeni, Kemi Lala Akindoju, Ijeoma Grace Agu.
Music composed by: Adeolu Shogbola Executive producers: Isioma aihie, Temitayo etomi, olaoluwa shokunbiBased on Shakespeare's “Macbeth”Original Screenplay by: Anthony MbahScreenplay by: Abiola Aobo Director of photography: Kagho Crowther idheborProduced & Directed by: Abiola Sobo

From the director

'In iRedu' is a 12 min dramatic short film based on an excerpt from the classic Shakespeare play, Macbeth. The excerpt scene is Macbeth's meeting with the 3 witches of Fife.
My interpretation is based in a fictional African country with 4 main tribes - the North, The South, the East and the West. Ogagun, a general from the western region meets up with the three witches in iRedu to find out what the future holds for him.

Social Networking

@AbiolaSobo
#InIredu
www.abiolasobo.com/iredu

Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by ijebabe: 10:27am On May 01, 2013
I'm looking forward to this too, I had posted it earlier here smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/1241056/films-documentaries-watch#15455143

I asked Deyemi when it'll be released and he said in about 2weeks! I love epic films so I can't wait for this.
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by prof800(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2013
this iz got to be good...
definitely following.
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by VillageBoi(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2013
Not commented on this because I'm still not sure what it is.

Does anyone know if this is the filming of a stage show or specifically an excerpt of Macbeth made as a short Nigerian film?
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by sholay2011(m): 4:13am On May 06, 2013
VillageBoi: Not commented on this because I'm still not sure what it is.

Does anyone know if this is the filming of a stage show or specifically an excerpt of Macbeth made as a short Nigerian film?
I think it should be the latter, Villageboi.

By the way, this lady in the cast 'Kemi lala-Akindoju' is extremely talented. She is very sound on stage. She is among Naija's best actresses, though she maynot be a movie star yet.
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by sholay2011(m): 4:14am On May 06, 2013
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by VillageBoi(m): 7:49am On May 06, 2013
sholay2011:
I think it should be the latter, Villageboi.

By the way, this lady in the cast 'Kemi lala-Akindoju' is extremely talented. She is very sound on stage. She is among Naija's best actresses, though she maynot be a movie star yet.

Kinda what I thought... o well, stage acting should remain on the stage unless it's a stage show being filmed.
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by VillageBoi(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2013
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by sholay2011(m): 5:12pm On May 08, 2013
VillageBoi: ^^
Hopefully we don't forget such topics - https://www.nairaland.com/1173052/on-stage-versus-on-screen-acting#13990752
LoL
Re: IN IREDU [Short Film] - Epic African Adaptation Of Shakespeare's Macbeth by prof800(m): 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Okay. Seems this short is being shortlisted for The Afrinolly Short Film Competition 2014.

(1) (Reply)

Things We Would Like To Be Seeing In Nigerian Movies / Which Movie You Won't Mind Watching Over And Over Again??? / Jenifa's Diary Season 6 Episodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.