Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy (4173 Views)

The Plight Of Nigeria Workers And The NLC / Workers To Access 25% Pension Savings For Mortgage …to Forfeit Lump Sum Payment / Judicial Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike January 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by israelboy1(m): 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
Today is workers day, in which the workers re to sit down, check back all what they hv been doing nd put on a big grin, with all of their achievements nd with the likes of those they have helped during their working period in the office, but in Niger, its the reverse case we are experiencing. If you try to study the civil servants, there is this hatred in between those in the high rank and those of the low rank, there is nothing like ONE LOVE in their offices again, those that re already opportuned to be in high rank will always look for ways to make the ones just new to the system go through the drastic situations they also experienced, so they will not want them to enjoy any of the benefits their re receiving from the outsiders. Just becos when they were like them, the one leading them also was like that. This is unfair, remember, SAME PEOPLE YOU MET WHILE CLIMBING THE MOUTAIN WILL SURELY BE THE PEOPLE YOU WILL MEET WHILE COMING DOWN.
Check this out.
Don't becos you passed through hardship, then you should not be good tothose underneath you.
Dont misuse power just becos u re opportuned to be there.
Don't cheat on others just becos no one will query you.
Don't rob those that do not have enough, just becos they have no one to complain to.
Lets try to work together and fight against corruption, let us all believe in the word UNITED WE STAND AND DIVIDED WE FALL, let us stop to use this quote THE PATIENT DOG EAT THE FATEST BONE, what if there re just little bones? Let us take theright steps at the right time, and dont misuse power, no one knows tomorrow.
Once again, happy workers day
God bless you al
an again With most of the things the civil servants are really experiencing in their working place, is there any need for them to celebrate their day, even if they are meant to celebrate it at home. If you check the life styles of most of the civil servants, most of them are just still working because they have no other means of income, they are suffering and smiling, this is very bad of Nigeria, who have no care for her workers, what baffles me most is that after their working service, they still have to wait for some decades before they can be given their pension, some even died in the process, a man who fed himself with another man's money, the man who stole pension money millions or even billions of naira’s but when he was to be bailed, just thousands of naira was been requested of him to pay. That so bad of my country Nigeria, in other for them to blindfold the citizens, they later tell us that the judge that judged the honorable thief has been sacked from work. Why should we continue to fool ourselves Nigerians?
We all believe that one day Nigeria will be good, enough of that Nigerians, why cant Nigeria be good in our own life time, what is the main reason behind us celebrating workers day, when there is nothing to even celebrate about it, are we celebrating our suffering or what, its high time we all have to take actions and stand up for our right, all the politicians, re they nt feeding themselves with our tax.
There re lots to discuss about my country Nigeria.
We only need a man that will give us that I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH, a man that is ready to turn is back to death, just becos the game he will want to embark on, death might want to snatch him. A man who has the courage to confront the governments nd tell it to the face they re doing the wrong thing. Who will be that Man?
Who will bell the Cat?
Thats what Nigerians re still yet to find answer to.

Once again God bless my country

you can simply follow me on this page www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-youths/491725534210134 God save Nigeria
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by WIZGUY69(m): 12:18pm On May 01, 2013
NO WE SHOULD NOT CELEBRATE MAYDAY RATHER WE SHOULD COME OUT AND PROTEST.
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 01, 2013
I cant speak for Nigerians but right now, I'm in my office working.

As regards the corruption in high places, bro it is no news again. What can we do?... The world as it is now applauds crime and corruption in the corridors of powers at the expense of the common people.

Trust me, there is a drive towards the caste system in the world now (my prediction though).

What happens to people in power stays there.

We cannot really ascertain what goes on in that place. They only tell us what they want us to know.

Its a game of cards.
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by WIZGUY69(m): 12:19pm On May 01, 2013
c question wey op dey ask us 4 God sake. undecided
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by toshacer: 12:35pm On May 01, 2013
nonsense question makes it to the front page.
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by DJDOLA(m): 12:36pm On May 01, 2013
What about me dat does not have work

1 Like

Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by y2kaustin(m): 12:42pm On May 01, 2013
aint she sexy?

Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by baynix(m): 12:49pm On May 01, 2013
I Thought Workers Day Was Meant For Workers To Rest?? undecided undecided
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by unforgiven: 12:49pm On May 01, 2013
y2kaustin: aint she sexy?
looks more like male to me
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 01, 2013
israel boy: With most of the things the civil servants are really experiencing in their working place, is there any need for them to celebrate their day, even if they are meant to celebrate it at home, because that day is a public holiday.
If you check the life styles of most of the civil servants, most of them are just still working because they have no other means of income, they are suffering and smiling, this is very bad of Nigeria, who have no care for her workers, what baffles me most is that after their working service, they still have to wait for some decades again before they can be given their pension, some even died in the process, now tell me, after they died, will their children, or even their spirit request for the good side of Nigeria, of course no, see the recent one we heard, about the man who stole pension money millions or even billions of naira’s but when he was to be bailed, just thousands of naira was been requested of him to pay. That so bad of my country Nigeria, in other for them to blindfold the citizens the more, they later tell us that the judge that judged than honorable thief has been sacked from work. Why should we continue to fool ourselves Nigerians?
We all believe that one day Nigeria will be good, enough of that Nigerians, why cant Nigeria be good in our own life time, what is the main reason behind us celebrating workers day, when there is nothing to even celebrate about it, are we celebrating our suffering?

you can simply follow me on this page www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-youths/491725534210134 God save Nigeria

What you forget is that these problems are caused by other civil servants in higher ranks. They fail to do their duties just like the ones at the lower ranks.

Nigerians are their own problems

though I still think this thread is a very meaningless one
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by dcgold(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2013
shocked shocked
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by dcgold(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2013
y2kaustin: aint she sexy?
grin grin
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by churific(m): 1:12pm On May 01, 2013
No. Nigerian workers should be working until our country has something tangible worth celebrating over.

Besides LIFE, what is there to celebrate?

Arise O Compatriots!
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by showgolee(m): 1:21pm On May 01, 2013
@tjololade:
I cant speak for Nigerians but right now, I'm in my office working. I suppose dat shuld be your own personal work/office

We cannot really ascertain what goes on in that place. They only tell us what they want us to know.

Its a game of cards.
or wat we need to know??
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 01, 2013
Hmmm...
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 01, 2013
showgolee:
or wat we need to know??

Na company oo.. I get choice for now?
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by neksummi(m): 2:11pm On May 01, 2013
Why not. They should celebrate the day. But that has nothing to do with me 'cos am on my own.

https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all/21

Nothing can be more fulfilling!
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by InvertedHammer: 2:56pm On May 01, 2013
With the unemployment rate in the country so high,
they should celebrate the fact that they still have jobs
Re: Are Workers To Celebrate May Day In Nigeria? Workers re workers enemy by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 01, 2013
in d office.

(1) (Reply)

Work In Obasanjo's Ota Farm! / SAP Training Kit / Lady Dead Body,no Head And Breast Found In PH Owerri Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.