Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,778 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors (12166 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Born2beRich1(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2013
A self-proclaimed architect, Opeyemi Oluwole, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly using a building project proposed by the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, to dupe scores of people.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Adeboye had announced during the church’s December Holy Ghost Service titled ‘Signs and Wonders’ that the church had a challenge of accommodation.

He had said, “The dormitories we have are many but are not enough for the number of people that attend our programmes so we need people to join us in building extra 2,000 dormitories in order to reduce the number of people sleeping on bare floor in the church auditorium.

“The dormitories, we are hoping, would be ready before the next congress and anyone willing to help should get across to us.”

According to police authorities, Oluwole, under the pretext of building the dormitories for the church, tricked many people into paying money into his bank account.

Our correspondent learnt that the monies collected from victims ranged from N250, 000 to N2.5m.

It was learnt that the suspect however ran out of luck after he approached a member of one of the parishes of RCCG.

It was learnt that the member immediately reported the matter to the Ketu Police Division.

The member, who craved anonymity, said the suspect had told his victims that he had been given the contract by the RCCG to build the dormitories.

He said, “Oluwole approached me, saying he had been given the mandate to build the dormitories and that some companies had bid for the contract. He said some of the companies that won were not financially capable of constructing the dormitories so he was sub-contracting it.

“He said we would handle the contracts but would have to use the names of the companies that originally won the bid and we would get our money afterwards. He gave us his bank account number and told us to pay N250, 000 as the initial fee for registration.

“However, I contacted the Project department of the RCCG and they said they did not give Oluwole any contract. They even checked past records and his name did not appear in the files.”

When the police wrote the RCCG headquarters, the church denied knowing the suspect.

In a letter addressed to the police, the church’s legal department stated that it was ready to pursue the case to a logical conclusion.

The church also stated that it was not possible for building project to be executed without the knowledge of the project department.

The suspect however denied the allegation, insisting that he had indeed been given the contract by Pastor Adeboye to construct the dormitories.

He said, “Baba (Adeboye) told me to go ahead with the dormitories. The agreement was verbal and there is no written document. Some people gave me money for the drawings of the buildings. Others loaned me money.”

Oluwole alleged that he and Adeboye had entered into a secret arrangement on the building project without the knowledge of the church authorities.

A police source, who craved anonymity, said the suspect was arrested a few weeks ago but was later granted bail.

The suspect however absconded soon after, making it difficult for the police to carry out investigations.

The police were however able to re-arrest him last Friday.

Our police source said, “After granting Oluwole bail, the best thing for him to have done was to go to the church and explain his predicament. We even offered to take him to the church’s Chief Security Officer, who would have taken him to see Adeboye.

“However, after some weeks, we did not hear from him again. He even moved out of his apartment.”

When asked why he jumped bail, Oluwole said, “My house was dilapidated and I had to leave the place so that it would not collapse on me.”

When contacted on the telephone, the spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said the police had taken the matter to court.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/man-uses-adeboyes-project-to-swindle-investors/
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by k2039: 9:23am On May 01, 2013
Nigerians should open their brains and mind.

3 Likes

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Born2beRich1(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2013
SOme dubious people are now using the cover of true men to cover their evil acts...May God help us.
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 10:26am On May 01, 2013
Born 2be Rich: SOme dubious people are now using the cover of fake men to cover their evil acts...May Ekwensu help us.
Fixed.

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Born2beRich1(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2013
musKeeto:
Fixed.

Ekwesu ke?

Please am not conversant with that one...
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 10:45am On May 01, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Ekwesu ke?

Please am not conversant with that one...

Ekwensu is the Igbo God of War and Trickster God.
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Born2beRich1(m): 10:59am On May 01, 2013
[quote author=musKeeto]

Ekwensu is the Igbo God of War and [b]Trickster god.[/[/b]quote]

So you want me to ask a trickster god to help this country....Common bro.

The supreme God is Jehovah...

5 Likes

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Born2beRich1(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2013
musKeeto:

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 11:06am On May 01, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Deut. 13:

If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.

It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Born2beRich1(m): 11:19am On May 01, 2013
musKeeto:

Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.

You actually didnot answer my question, however, to the bolded, you indirectly want me to follow another god that is called ekwensu...That means you are just like the false prophet you qouted therefore i wont listen to you...

The funny thing is that you guys read the bible yet you still comdemn it... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 11:48am On May 01, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.

You actually didnot answer my question, however, to the bolded, you indirectly want me to follow another god that is called ekwensu...That means you are just like the false prophet you qouted therefore i wont listen to you...

The funny thing is that you guys read the bible yet you still comdemn it... undecided

Umm,, the aim of the verses was to show God can be a trickster too..
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Born2beRich1(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2013
musKeeto:

Umm,, the aim of the verses was to show God can be a trickster too..

God does not trick in the sense you are putting it to be...He only test our faith in Him...Take the biblical Job for instance, He allowed the devil to tempt job why? becos he believes that job will be steadfast and still worship Him till the very end...

That my boss aint no trick but a mere test..

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Mustay(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2013

When asked why he jumped bail,
Oluwole said, “My house was
dilapidated and I had to leave the
place so that it would not collapse on
me.”

Person wey him house never standa gidgba for ground na im wan construct for church - hian!

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 6:21am On May 02, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

God does not trick in the sense you are putting it to be...He only test our faith in Him...Take the biblical Job for instance, He allowed the devil to tempt job why? becos he believes that job will be steadfast and still worship Him till the very end...

That my boss aint no trick but a mere test..
A test from an all-knowing God?
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 5:30am On May 05, 2013
k2039: Nigerians should open their brains and mind.
And close their pockets to thieves...
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by tspun(m): 5:59am On May 05, 2013
pple no day fear o, how do u think you can trick the church n go free. God will forever hurt u.
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by normaljenny(m): 6:03am On May 05, 2013
Haba what is so surprising about the whole gist, mugu plenty dey waste for naija and guys are looking else where for whom to dupe. You will be surprised that even men of God (pastors) and prayer warriors even caught the hook.

Do you ever desire to own a swiss account without leaving your home country or spending those dollars? Download at www.conizebooks.instabuck.com
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Yazmin: 6:18am On May 05, 2013
normaljenny: Haba what is so surprising about the whole gist, mugu plenty dey waste for naija and guys are looking else where for whom to dupe. You will be surprised that even men of God (pastors) and prayer warriors even caught the hook.

Do you ever desire to own a swiss account without leaving your home country or spending those dollars? Download at www.conizebooks.instabuck.com

U waNna make me a dupe? Swiss account ko, GTBank account ni. I neva open 4d ones wey dey my domot,na di one4 obodo oyibo u wan make I open abeg park well joor!

3 Likes

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Phikom(m): 6:21am On May 05, 2013
kleptomanism @ its peak....
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by luluosas(m): 6:22am On May 05, 2013
Well, na the know watin dey im mind before him go do like that, so, I no fit pass judgment on him.
But, what will you say of a parish in RCCG that paid for a plot of land, was defrauded in the process. The Area, Zonal, Provincial and Regional pastors are fully aware of the matter but chooses to be mute. Is it because it is not their personal property that they are foot dragging?
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by luluosas(m): 6:25am On May 05, 2013
tspun: pple no day fear o, how do u think you can trick the church n go free. God will forever hurt u.
Not justifying this news anyway but, are some of our pastors not tricking us today in the name of God?

3 Likes

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by cold(m): 6:29am On May 05, 2013
It's either the Oluwole guy or whatever he calls himself & Adeboye are in cahoots and the deal went awry. Or Adeboye is just mad he's jet fuel money has just been diverted. Either way, they're both crooks. Cunny man die,cunny man bury am. Case closed

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Sheenor: 6:52am On May 05, 2013
bad 4 him...
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 6:58am On May 05, 2013
[quote author=cold]It's either the Oluwole guy or whatever he calls himself & Adeboye are in cahoots and the deal went awry. Or Adeboye is just mad he's jet fuel money has just been diverted. Either way, they're both crooks. Cunny man die,cunny man bury am. Case closed///// You are a verible den of satanic wickednes and diabolical cruelty,heathnism,barbarity and detestable enormites,if i was d 1 dat gav birth 2 u,i wud hav broke and flushed u in d toilet long ago,u beta stop insulting MEN OF GOD[b][color=#990000][/color][/b]
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 7:03am On May 05, 2013
^^^
Ah, the zombies have arrived... Spirit led, brain dead folks...
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by WIZGUY69(m): 7:05am On May 05, 2013
OLUWOLE OPEYEMI..NA 45yrs IMPRISOMENT BE THAT O! God knw say if the 419 come my parish we no get any money to give am!
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by WIZGUY69(m): 7:08am On May 05, 2013
cold: It's either the Oluwole guy or whatever he calls himself & Adeboye are in cahoots and the deal went awry. Or Adeboye is just mad he's jet fuel money has just been diverted. Either way, they're both crooks. Cunny man die,cunny man bury am. Case closed
embarassed
cold: It's either the Oluwole guy or whatever he calls himself & Adeboye are in cahoots and the deal went awry. Or Adeboye is just mad he's jet fuel money has just been diverted. Either way, they're both crooks. Cunny man die,cunny man say dem don discharge you g psychatric hospital nahbury am. Case closed
i think
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by valdubem(m): 7:12am On May 05, 2013
musKeeto:

Are U Igbo at all?? Ekwensu means satan or Devil

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by bellaberry: 7:14am On May 05, 2013
Na wah oh. These scammers never fail of coming up with new , juicy formats every day.

We all have to keep our eyes peeled!
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by supaeagles(m): 7:15am On May 05, 2013
k2039: Nigerians should open their brains and mind.
Yes but why blame the victim(s), instead chastise the culprit.
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nelson11: 7:16am On May 05, 2013
so ppl no knw where to start 419 business e com be for church mehn pple get mind ooooooo
Re: Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors by Nobody: 7:19am On May 05, 2013
val_dubem:

Are U Igbo at all?? Ekwensu means satan or Devil
Please, don't be naive. Ekwensu has nothing to do with Yahweh and his second in command Lucifer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Valentine: Destinies Will Be Placed In Hand Of Marine Agents Tonight - Bamiloye / 990 Years In The Kingdom Of Darkness_ Evangelist Olufumilayo #series One. / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.