Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? (11355 Views)

Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) / 18 Wheeler Truck Destroys A 4Runner In A Collision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by lucabrasi(m): 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2008
i dont think its safe and if you ll be carrying eqipments with it remember you on about a country where armed robbers can simply ram you from the side or behind and simply rob you of everything,if you have a reliable person in the uk they can get you an accident car or ldv bus or ford which are really cheap, saw a bus for 500 pounds like a couple of months ago .especially ppl staying outside london
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2008
lucabrasi:

i don't think its safe and if you ll be carrying eqipments with it remember you on about a country where armed robbers can simply ram you from the side or behind and simply rob you of everything,if you have a reliable person in the uk they can get you an accident car or ldv bus or ford which are really cheap, saw a bus for 500 pounds like a couple of months ago .especially people staying outside london

RHD.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by dipotepede(m): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2008
Hi Seun,

The windows are dropped down from the roof top; they are indeed rain proof.

We also offer cargo type motorized tricycle to carry your equipments with 2 seats at the driver section; this definitely cost a little more.

Check the pics below.

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by damola1: 3:10am On Apr 20, 2008
Come on big guy!!!

Stop this, I mean really stop this,

Listen, there's what we call branding, image.

In Nigeria, if there's anything I know brings better cash, it's called packaging!!!

If you can get a Murano drop you off at this bash with your name you will be surprised clients will tripple your fees, but with a keke marwa, guy they'll be asking you to sleep overnight and still come back for your money.

Though I belong to the school of thought that it's OK to start from scratch, but not with 350k in your pocket!
Thats one side.

The other side is that security for your equipment, you know, I still don't believe it's you who actually intends to do this, cos for you to own the #1 site in 9ja, Guy, you got the brains to deliver more,

Finally, if you or whomever really needs a 3 legged something or anything, why not simply buy an ATV,

mEANWHILE, i should add that if you look really hard you can get a good car for: 350k.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by chinesedoll(f): 9:34pm On May 15, 2008
@poster
i dont just know why i fin dis
post very funny

keke maruwa grin grin grin grin

with dat amt of moni
u go buy mazda
or if na starlet
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Zubik(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2008
I hope A/C is also included in the planned to purchase keke Marwa Seun lol grin
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by teddyshyne: 5:02pm On May 23, 2008
Seun, if thats what you can afford go for it, but keep in mind that you might spend more time in the mechanic's shop than you will in your "car" itself, You are and will be subjected to physical and verbal abuse from practically anything you come into contact with - you know your peeps on Lagos roads- Alternatively, you can make it become a chic magnet, all you have to do is cut the top off, your "bike" become a convertible, use the top as your door, find tarpauline that you will use as your roof when it rains and at night with all that, Fashola aint got shit on you, you sef go enter the big boy league (though your own league will be a bit higher than the okada league because your own na convertible, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by jenju(m): 8:50am On May 27, 2008
inspired_m:

I think we Auto Dealers on nairaland making money via the forum should get Seun a good car

How much do you have ?

Ill get you a very good & reliable car.

State your specs via my email inspired_men@yahoo.com

I implore other dealers on here to do the same

Corporate social (Seun) Responsibility
grin grin grin

I just read the contents of this thread and completely agree that the car dealers here should help Seun procure a decent car.

I hereby pledge N300,000 towards Seuns car and I challenge others to pledge similarly. On the other hand, if he'd like a Jeep from the USA (possibly a Liberty), I'll take care of the shipping for free.  Inspired_m, I nominate you to head the committee that will make this happen. My email is tikola70@hotmail.com

This is the very least we can do for the free service that Seun is providing.  As soon as I receive information on where to send the money, my lawyers/accountants will remit it within 24 hours.

LET'S DO THIS! smiley
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by nkc(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2008
grin NOW WHERE ARE THOSE DEALERS?
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by sultaan(m): 5:08pm On May 27, 2008
With 300,000k already donated I know we can get Seun a '96-99 5sp 1.6l Sentra, or Civic  now lets find a way to ship the car and get it through NCS.
How high are the dealers willing to go.I just gave a basic estimate witth Seun paying for shipping and clearing with his N350k
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by websmillio(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2008
Buy a four stroke model than the two stroke one.
Less maintenance and less noice.

Buy electric model than the kick start one.
It is safer than the motor bic and eaiser to travel in narrow roads than using cars.

Fix a sound system, "blast" and round the city.
It is a hit with girls.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by ayobase(m): 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
Keke Marwa!!
thats funny,
I will prefer to get
an automatic bicycle.

well,one man`s poison
another man`s provender!!!
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by fumscofolu(f): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2008
Please can someone tell me the price of this 3 wheeled vehicle keke marwa. i am interested please
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Dyt(f): 10:34am On Jun 28, 2010
sure u v gotten an X6 by now
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by kwangyang: 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
Established in December 1998, Zengcheng Benma Industrial Co., Ltd. Is a professional motorcycle manufacturer which locate in XinGanwan Developing Zone, Xintang Twon, ZengCheng, Guangzhou, China. About 20 kilometers from Guangzhou city. We have achieved the national forced 3C Authentication, motorcycle manufacturing approval and ISO9001:2000 international Quality System Certification.
  Our factory covers about 1100,00 square meters and has more than 1300 employees which 60% of them are high school graduated. With powerful technical craft support and complete production equipments, we can produce more than 800,000 sets of various motorcycles and 800,000 engines per year. Benma has gained the honorary approval of "the national consumers quality and service satisfied company" and "national product quality and post-sale service prestige double-safeguards enterprise". The company now have three standard entire vehicle assembly line and three engine assembly line, the multi-strip international leading painting assembly line and the photo-curing assembly line, provides the international leading engine cylinder and box body CNC digital control processing center. We have "" chassis dynamometer and "" three dimension measuring instrument import from Japan, the American CIMcore digital flexible three dimensional survey arm and so on the most advanced testing facilities in this industry. The testing lad established completely conforming to the international advanced standard is a major characteristic of Benma!

Calvin
http://www.sanlg-motor.com.cn
Email: kwangyang@gmail.com

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by chazzyx: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2012
jenju:

I just read the contents of this thread and completely agree that the car dealers here should help Seun procure a decent car.

I hereby pledge N300,000 towards Seuns car and I challenge others to pledge similarly. On the other hand, if he'd like a Jeep from the USA (possibly a Liberty), I'll take care of the shipping for free.  Inspired_m, I nominate you to head the committee that will make this happen. My email is tikola70@hotmail.com

This is the very least we can do for the free service that Seun is providing.  As soon as I receive information on where to send the money, my lawyers/accountants will remit it within 24 hours.

LET'S DO THIS! smiley

CAR DEALERS DO THIS FOR OTHERS WHILE DOING SEUN'S OWN.

CAR DEALERS!

IT SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FOLLOWING THE TATA NANO TREND THAT

HAS BEEN LAUNCHED IN INDIA SINCE 2009.

DEALERS! WHERE THE GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED (BY ENCOURAGING THREE WHEELERS), YOU CAN DO THE

RIGHT THING BY PARTNERING WITH TATA (& BAJAJ WHICH HAS UST DESIGNED THEIR 4 WHEELER TOO) TO

BRING THIS FAR BETTER OPTION TO NIGERIA.

REMEMBER, WHERE GOVERNMENT AND THEIR PHCN SAID WE (NAIJANS) SHOULD MANAGE DARKNESS.

DEALERS BROUGHT "I-PASS-MY-NEIGHBOUR".

WHEN GOVERNMENT OPEN THE TELECOM DOORS & NITEL MONOPOLY WAS BROKEN, DEALERS (THOUGH NOT BEING

PRAISED FOR THEIR EXPENSIVE SERVICES) STILL SHOWED THE WAY TO FREEDOM OF GSM SPEECH.

SO ONCE AGAIN, DEALERS, WITH RESPECT TO TRANSPORTATION, THE WAY IS PRESENTLY POINTING TO INDIA

NOT CHINA FOR NOW. GIVE US TATA NANO & BAJAJ RE60 & KILL THIS KEKE MADNESS.

SEE THE MESSAGE BELOW.

WHY ARE OUR GOVERNORS AND THEIR WELL PAID ADVISERS IN THE DARK THAT THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD SCENE.
CHECK THE SPECS OF THE WORLDS CHEAPEST CAR > TATA NANO IN INDIA. IF THEY CAN PARTNER WITH TATA WHICH ALREADY HAVE THEIR SALES OPERATIONS IN NIGERIA AND OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES. THE LANDING COST OF A UNIT WILL BE CLOSE TO IF NOT THE SAME AS THAT OF THE PRESENT THREE WHEELERS THAT HAVE FLOODED OUR STREETS AFTER OKADA BAN. IT IS ALSO FAR BETTER OPTION THAN THE 3 WHEELERS THEY ARE PRESENTLY IMPORTING.

[img][/img]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tata_Nano_im_Verkehrszentrum_des_Deutschen_Museums.JPG

Tata Nano

Manufacturer Tata Motorslead
Also called one-lakh car
Production 2008–present
Assembly Sanand Plant, Sanand, Gujarat, India[1]
Class City car
Body style 4-door one-box
Layout RR layout
Engine 2 cylinder SOHC petrol Bosch multi-point fuel injection (single injector) all aluminium 624 cc (38 cu in)
Transmission 4 speed synchromesh with overdrive in 4th
Wheelbase 2,230 mm (87.8 in)[2]
Length 3,099 mm (122.0 in)[2]
Width 1,495 mm (58.9 in)[2]
Height 1,652 mm (65.0 in)[2]
Kerb weight 600 kg (1,300 lb)–635 kg (1,400 lb)[2]
Designer(s) Girish Wagh, Justin Norek, Pierre Castinel[3]

BAJAJ RE60

Bajaj RE-60 Expo 2012
Bajaj RE-60 Expo 2012 2:07 AM
Bajaj has did it! The Indian two-wheeler giant has finally forayed into the 4-wheel segment with the launch of Bajaj RE-60 three days before the Delhi Auto Expo 2012. What’s interesting is that the RE-60 promises mileage of whooping 35 kilometers per liter of petrol! We bet every visitor is is going to drool over the new car and praise Bajaj Auto. It’s clear that the battleground is ready for the war of cars between Tata nano & Bajaj RE-60. We wrote about the possible launch of the Bajaj car at DAE 2012 and now we have the photos.

Bajaj officials say that the car has been in development since last 4 years. The RE-60 delivers top speed of 70 kmph and has been designed considering the city driving conditions. The car has a rear mounted, 200 cc petrol engine. Bajaj plans to sell the car overseas. Bajaj’s MD, Mr. Rajiv Bajaj informed the reporters that the target customer for this car is those who use 3-wheelers. The company manufactures over 520,000 three-wheelers a year and exports over 300,000 of them. The company is eyeing Sri-Lanka to export the new RE-60 cars.

The mileage Bajaj is promising is definitely impressive! We aren’t big fans of the economy cars and we’d refrain from commenting on the looks of Bajaj’s RE-60; but it seems to be inspired by the auto-rickshaw Bajaj manufactures. The mileage crazy Indian customers would definitely want to own this car, and Bajaj’s already established servicing centers would be an added advantage. However ever rising petrol prices could hold potential customers from buying this car right away. The price of the car is expected to be around INR. 125000 – 160000. We do not have information about the versions of this car Bajaj plans to launch and the price point. As always, we promise to keep you updated about the new RE-60. In the mean time, we want to know what do you think about the Bajaj RE-60? Do you want to own it?

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
Safety of your gear is my concern.
Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by Chumaco12: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
JANSON MOTORCYCLE AND TRICYCLE PARTS CO.,LTD

Re: Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? by cescky(m): 7:20am On Feb 16, 2016
Seun:
I learnt from a newspaper advert that I can buy the popular three wheeler for 350,000 naira. Brand new.

And I want one because:
- I don't think I can get good car that's as cheap as this.
- I just need something to ferry me around town and carry my video gadgets.

Do you think it's a ridiculous idea? Imagine going to a wedding and arriving in a motorized tricycle!

Do you think a three wheeler works for private use? I feel it's safer and more useful than a motorbike.

Seun am sure ud laugh and thank your God if u see this ur post NOW. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auto Maintenance Issues. How Often Have You: / PAN Nigeria Higer Bus Bags Best New Auto Entrant Commercial Award / Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.