Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? (11326 Views)

Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? / Help !!! Speedometer Reader/needle Not Moving When I Am Moving / Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by motopartsarena(f): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2013
Speedometer: Are Interested Are You About Your Car

Hi fans, let’s spend few time together. Let’s talk!

When driving, how often do you check your speedometer? If you do, when do you always decide to gentle your energy leg on the throttle. Is it between
(a) 40 - 60
(b) 60 - 80
(c) 80 - 120
(d) 120 - 140
(e) 140 - 180
(f) 180 – 220
(g) 220 – 240
(h) The speedometer of the car or lorry I drive does not work.

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by elektra80: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
I always have my eyes on the instrument cluster every 30-60 secs. I don't only check the speedometer but also the temperature gauge. I also check my mirrors every few seconds. I am always gentle on gas depending on the road and traffic. On the highway once i get to 120-130 i take it easy.

4 Likes

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
When driving, I take my eyes off the road ahead, and look at my rear view mirror, my side mirrors, my instrument cluster (temperature gauge, tachometer, trip counter, speedometer, and every lights on my dashboard, my clock, and even my Left and right sides outside my window) I do this very regularly (20-60seconds), randomly and rapidly. However, I look at my speedometer any speed range and I ease off on the acceleration depending on the traffic situation and location (on a free highway, I go up to 140km without easing off on the accelerator pedal.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Mannastoress: 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
WHEN AM APPROACHING TRAFFIC

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Temismith(f): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
Wen I wan to check d level of my fuel.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by kekakuz(m): 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
am always checking it on need for speed but on burnout or ashalt 7 i dont care
i just continue the rubber burning

5 Likes

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by packman: 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
I do check it when I am on a long stretch of road like TMB. Not sure why I do that though. My car also has this way of making some sound when my needle is close to 120kmh and I have to check the speedometer and then reduce speed.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by IAMBREEZY: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
Often am a crazy driver.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by costandi(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pls if you don't have a car, please don't comment. Abeg!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by tlops(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Every 30 to 60 sec, check side mirrors and back mirror... So no police is tailing me. I have to check so I don't over speed and that no fault on the dashboard...

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Once in a while
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Dominionng(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
As a typical Lagosian, with traffic and pot-holes everywhere.. I need not check it! No cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
I check it very often. Police can be bullies where I live and are seldom lenient these days. I haven't gone up to 100mph and the time I nearly did was some years ago. On the freeway, I'm averaging 75mph. For the road, it depends on where I am and what the limit is, but it's between 45mph and 50mph usually.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by tlops(m): 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Every 30 to 60 sec, check side mirrors and back view mirror... So no police is tailing me. I have to check so I don't over speed and that no fault on the dashboard...

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by ZACHIE: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
SPEEDOMETER had stopped working.
There is nothing to check.
Just fire on, as the spirit allows
But, when the trees move too fast, i slow down.....dats all

11 Likes

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Damojo: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
This should be for people living abroad, whose roads have speed monitoring censors.

Wetin concern Naija police with overspeeding. If u like, speed n kill yourself, they will even empty ur pockets before taking u to the morgue!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Vicjay1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
To be frank, i don't check the speedometer. As road take free na we take dey match the trotle
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by rexbuton: 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
my whole dashboard circuits got burnt since january, only the temperature and frost light indicator works.. What do You need speedometer for? Are You a learner? Or You work with F .R . S .C ?

4 Likes

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Freiburger(m): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
It all depends on the zone you are, the speed limit signs are clearly placed by the road side in the country where I live. But i will recommend a slow drive on sharp curves. Besides, an experienced driver dont even need to be watching his speedometer all the time, the feelings for your speed comes on its own.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Lilimax(f): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
I check frequently especially while driving on a free road because I may be tempted to speed unknowingly.
I've never gone beyond 80km/hr; but If I'm opportuned to ride with my hubby, my eyes are fixed on it.
He has this tendency of driving btw 100-120km/h on a free road and I will always caution him...

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by anselm791(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
I'm not a fan of speed, speed kills. Lol. I only check my fuel gauge, screw the rest.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by AceVentura: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
vivacious vivi: I do check it when I am on a long stretch of road like TMB. Not sure why I do that though. My car also has this way of making some sound when my needle is close to 120kmh and I have to check the speedometer and then reduce speed.

@ Vivacious vivi, your car is a honda product (honda city or civic) & the beeping is a safety feature. Very annoying sound but it works.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Fhemmmy: 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Almost every minute to make sure i am not caught by Olopa

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by domack99(m): 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
I change my car shaft on Wednessday, i drove the car around Lagos Thursday and Friday. On saturday i was on third mainland bridge when i saw a toyota car passed me at a very high speed, i said to my self that guy is moving at a very dangerous, take a look at my dash board to know my speed.... ooops! my speedometer is not working.

When the shaft was replaced, the sensor ring on the CV joint was removed. As per naija mechanic the guy took it off with the believe that it doesn't serve any purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by eminikansoso(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
almost every 3 minutes on the highway
During IDRI KABRI festival, a day before been Monday i was travelling to ORO in Kwara state from Asaba Delta State with my Nissan Pickup van automatic V6 engine.
That truck is a monster on the way only it consumed fuel a lot.From Asaba to Ore take me 2hrs 18minutes. from Asaba down to Ore the maximum speed is 150km and minimum is 100km.
it takes me less than 6hrs to get to my town

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience / Auto Maintenance Issues. How Often Have You: / How Good Are Liberty Jeeps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.