Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates (19209 Views)

Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? / Online Trading In Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) / Aliko Dangote Elected President Of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Seun(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2008
What's happening on the Nigerian Stock Exchange right now, including daily bid and ask positions. Thanks.

Update: Click here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127591.99999.html#bot (Market Report)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by rejeses: 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2008
Seun,

1. Afroil has reacted to NSE suspension and delisting from the stock exchange, posting a profit before tax (PBT) of 13,313,256.33

2. STACO soon to raise funds through the primary market.

Others to come soon. Stay connected.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by ucheuche1(m): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2008
pls keep us posted on the staco runs abeg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by LondonCool(m): 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2008
You can not access the daily bid/offer statistics/positions on the NSE except you have registered and made payment to the NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by dee02(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2008
NSE is a fraud!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by xplicitiyk(m): 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2008
@rejeses

1. Afroil has reacted to NSE suspension and delisting from the stock exchange, posting a profit before tax (PBT) of 13,313,256.33

chairman, na die i dey ooooooooo.

I am in on the Afroil thing and was relaxed 4 the uneasy tides to subside so i can conveiniently get out. But it seems my hopes has been dashed further by your news update. Abeg wat do i do, who be their Registrar, registrar's address and i wuldn't muind any further details as to how to go about reclaiming my invested funds to atleast to the current state of things. Can i also follow their proceedings up when they eventually get delisted, abeg i wuld appreciate any form of advice/explanations as to wat to do ya all. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by xplicitiyk(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2008
Please culd someone also explain how to quote someone else's comment a s i tried to do this and couldn't get it earlier. Would appreciate this @seun and all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Danoe(m): 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2008
Seun this topic is quite interesting. Can you please make this topic a major issue in the forum where we can talk about continously.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by outlaws(m): 8:00am On Apr 22, 2008
cool

Can people actually trust the stock bonds hold by Nigerian firms? Or are they just like a gamble.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Abuja1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2008
please can someone help me,i bought some stocks,some years back, but now i have cscs account number,but i dont know how to,add my old stock i there so that i can know what is going on, my stock brocker said i have to pay somemoney to bank that will enable me to go online,i need advice please
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by eudio(f): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2008
hi fellow nairalanders,

please, how do i know the actual prices my shares were bought on the floor of the stock exchange? apart from wht was quoted in my contract note.

like wht somebody said sometime ago, that contract note na paper and biro, that is, it can be altered.

i became suspicious because of happened, i monitor the daily prices of shares, so the differences btw the price at my shares were bought and wht was quoted on the floor that day was much.

we all know that some brokers can be very funny.

pls help me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by profy2k4(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2008
hello dear,u can get the real price only if u can register with trade alert on the cscs web site. they will text you whenever u buy or sell. for more info call 08027411928 or mail profy2k4@yahoo.com.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Sowon: 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2008
can someone please give me the website for cscs .I need some information about them.Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Sowon: 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2008
Please how do you open a cscs account?.Are you going to pay a broker to do it for you? or is it something you can do on your own?.How much do you open a cscs account? And what is the procedure?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Bossman(m): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2008
Wow! so the contract note is manually written in ink. Then you can't really know exactly the purchase price. What's on the contract is it! We use a so called "trusted" broker, but,

eudio:

hi fellow nairalanders,

please, how do i know the actual prices my shares were bought on the floor of the stock exchange? apart from wht was quoted in my contract note.

like wht somebody said sometime ago, that contract note na paper and biro, that is, it can be altered.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by bioye(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2008
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by simiyumimo(m): 9:59am On Apr 26, 2008
hi fellow nairalanders,
Please can someone tell when will Airserve stabilise again, i mean find a support level cos be like say Fear grip me its persistent downfall in daily prices since its Fullyear 2007 result announced.
And do you Anything good is forthcoming in their coming AGM.(issue like Bonus and Divd).i know it will be stupid of the management if nothing is offer to boost the confidence of Shareholders.because i thought that 5k interim divident is stupid to say thank you their owners.
or do they want us to pass a vote of no confidence on them?From fact that they dont meet projected PAT,should be a shame !
Lastly their loving landers.WHAT PRICE SOMEBODY FOR AIICO IN THE COMING WEEK?
Thanks.Await good analyser's reply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by outlaws(m): 1:53am On Apr 28, 2008
cool

What's the best stock in Nigeria right now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Naija4ward(m): 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2008
Abuja1:

please can someone help me,i bought some stocks,some years back, but now i have cscs account number,but i don't know how to,add my old stock i there so that i can know what is going on, my stock brocker said i have to pay somemoney to bank that will enable me to go online,i need advice please

You need to "dematerialise" your paper certificate so that it can be reflected on your CSCS. If you have a stock broker, they may assist you with this. Please note IT IS A THANKLESS job, so if your broker demand a fee for this it is not unreasonable.

Often your broker will have to go to the registrar involved many times before it can be done. If however you have the time you can easily do it yourself. But let me point out, IT IS A PAINFUL JOB.

On the second part of your question, I think you want online access to your CSCS. This you have to pay a fee to CSCS for a yearly access. It is a small fee under N5k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by lollypup(f): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2008
Does anyone have an update on Afroil stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by bakare12: 11:28am On Apr 29, 2008
Why We Need to Bite Back at the Big Banks

These days, being angry with the government, or any other thing, is very easy. There is too much frustration in the air because nothing works; and it has become so easy to transfer the layers of aggression to anything or anyone that crosses your path. Every innocuous statement bears malicious undertones to a frustrated man.
But when you consciously decide to keep your cool while heads are flying around you, something unexpected may happen that’ll definitely drive you up the wall no matter how controlled you think you are. Your rage becomes so grave when this fury is fuelled by banks, which, traditionally, you’d expect to inspire deep trust in people.
Take First Bank of Nigeria Plc. Its Public Offer and Rights Issue of May to July, 2007 was over-subscribed. First Bank received more money for the offer by 752.4% and the rights issue by 147.16%.
According to the bank, those whose applications were rejected were allotted between 5.35% and 74% as regards the offer for subscription. For those who applied for the rights issue, those who were not allotted in full got between 2.18% and 10% of their total applications. I guess there must be some formulae to how that is done.
However, here is where the problem, and the source of anger, is: First Bank announced that moneys paid for shares not allotted will be returned with 5% interest. But why? In the bank’s prospectus for the offer, it said the moneys would be retained in separate interest yielding accounts by the receiving banks pending allotment the investors expected and that the moneys will be lodged in those accounts at the prevailing market rate, which was then 12% per annum.
So where did the 5% come from? Who will cover the 7%?
I know that many people, including my uncle who put in N3.5m in the deal, financed his application with a loan. I can’t blame him when First Bank had given the impression that this was a deal no one in their senses should miss. Imagine a guy who got a loan. His loan would have been yielding interest since May 2007, at nothing less than the market price of 12%! As we know, the lending rate will be higher than that.
Now, some aggrieved subscribers have taken First Bank and all its receiving houses as well as the Securities and Exchange Commission to court.
Last month, the Federal High Court, Abuja approved that this group could prosecute the case as a class action suit. That, in effect, implies that all of them will have to confront First Bank as one.
Beyond that, though, we need to make a loud statement about the improper way of business in the organised private sector, especially when the focus is on shares. And there are so many banks in this mess that I don’t want to start listing them. It’s just that some brave people have summoned courage to stand up to one of them.
This is not the first time that this will be happening but no one, not even the regulating bodies, are saying anything substantial about it. For instance, in this case, what has the SEC done? What’s the CBN doing? Everyone, after being cajoled to invest in the economy, is being left on his own.
But it’s most painful for those who got loans to buy the shares. We can only hope that the courts will serve them well. If not, the profits they make from the shares they were allotted may not cover their debts.
That’s why, again, we need to remember that privatisation without regulation is slavery. And we need to be careful before these powerful corporations sell us off for the second time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by talkmore: 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2008
una dey try 4 all this free info sha. well done.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Joshcoli(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2008
is the stock market back yet, i don loose too much, or please is there another alternative undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by eudio(f): 1:15pm On May 05, 2008
hello dear,u can get the real price only if u can register with trade alert on the cscs web site. they will text you whenever u buy or sell. for more info call 08027411928 or mail profy2k4@yahoo.com.

hi profy2k4

i sent u a mail, u didnt reply.

pls could u tell me how this trade alert thing works

thank u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by royalicon(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2008
Sorry, Info is not available for you,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by 2marto: 1:05pm On May 08, 2008
alternative to stock market is
invest in fixed deposit @37% per annum.

minumum duration is 3 month
contact
Enrich Investment Trust Ltd
martojms@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by styrax(m): 8:42pm On May 12, 2008
So much for stocks.

Please can anyone advice on which sector that is immuned from the Bearish trend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by ztyle(m): 1:02am On May 18, 2008
Thats nice Mr. Otas!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by Patryke(m): 4:07pm On May 21, 2008
what are the good deals in the market presently? will costain ever return to its previous price? lost so much there recently. guys watch out for UBA, they are this year's surprise,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by nigboy(m): 5:55am On Jun 01, 2008
Keep an Eye on ABC transport Stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by tufe(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2008
@all

could someone tell me how i can get the balance sheet of a company. I mean the whole asset, liability and shareholders equity details.

any relevant site?, or do i have to go to the company's registrar for such info??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates by viper86(m): 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2008
Hello pls which public offers are around the corner and wat happened to ETB's IPO?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are SEC, CBN, EFCC And Others Keeping Quiet On Ponzi Scheme's Springing Up? / Unsecured Loans In Nigeria: Share Your Experience / How To Open An Online Stock Brokerage Account To Trade The American Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.