Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? (3518 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Online Trading In Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) / Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Weekly Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by appleton: 5:43am On Aug 07, 2013
Hello everyone,
I've been brain stroming lately and thought of the possibility of Nairaland becoming the 1st Forum in Africa to be listed in the stock market.

Do you see it coming in the nearest future and in what way would it affect the way we view online business in Nigeria?
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by amiskurie(m): 5:50am On Aug 07, 2013
will be a jackpot in the near future...I'm willing to be a shareholder though!
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 07, 2013
misleading topic
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by stockbull(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
hmmm.
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by valdubem(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2013
appleton: Do you see it coming in the nearest future?

That is up to the owner to decide. Personally though, NL has the prospects but it isn't ripe yet.
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nothing is impossible but realistically, Nairaland still has a long way to go. To be successfully listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Nairaland will need to go through a series of financing to meet up the minimum valuation to get listed and this process ain't beans.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Maafiaalady: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
It would be a wise thing for Seun to do. But there's a lot involved.This is just one of several ways Seun can monitize this forum.
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by appleton: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
Facebook owner did it. Nairaland should learn from such.
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Italiano1: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2013
No! It should remain fully Yoruba owned

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by slimming: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2013
The income generating capabilities is not up to that level
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2013
For where? With all these first to comment poo?

Not a bad idea, but I don't see that coming anytime soon...

BTW, a lot have to be considered, some modifications and branding where applicable, and that's not gonna happen just one night.
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by dridowu: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2013
Yes
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by miteolu(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2013
Be listed wetin
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by alabosian(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2013
wetin NL dey sell?
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by orjifavour(f): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2013
for wat lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Italiano1: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2013
alabosian: wetin NL dey sell?

Are you sure you completed secondary school. All your mentality is buying and selling goods, have you heard of services? Mumunatu

1 Like

Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Shaadey: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Mayb
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by BrightCar: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
DO MANY NL KNOW WHAT STOCK EXCHANGE IS ALL ABOUT?
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by datChelseaBoy: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
[b]Nairaland being listed in the NSE is an illusion. How much is Nairaland worth? At most 2 million dollars. Compare this with blogs and sites like Pinterest, Mashable, the Daily Beast and forums like Yahoo and Answers.com and you will see that Nairaland is way behind and still has a long way to go.

Nairaland in its present state is in need of serious investment. I don't think that Seun is doing enough to promote it to a global brand. I think he is pretty comfortable running the site from his bedroom while others are busy writing business proposals and obtain loans for expansion.

How many unique visitors can Nairaland boast of in a month? Is it up to a million? How many members does Nairaland have? Just over 1.1 million I guess. A typical Nairalander (me inclusive) has 3 or 4 accounts alone ("if you ban me today I will open another account tomorrow syndrome"wink. I for one have 6 accounts - 3 dormant and 3 active. When you divide the 1.1 million by four you will be getting something like 300, 000. Now subtract those that make use of their accounts once in a year and the figure falls to somewhere around 150-200k. This is in a country that has more than 40 million internet users.

You can see that the figures are not as impressive as they sound. So my advice to Seun is to buckle up. [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2013

If there's one thing that I DON'T KNOW, it's all these money and finance and stock market shit! I never could understand them.
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Elxandre(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
OP are you sure you know what you are saying?
I think there's a point you have to reach financially before you can think of that!
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by chimuchi(f): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
Jokers. Smh
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by moscobabs(m): 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2013
only if seun can declare the income or profit to the Nairalanders.then we can now predict the future of Nairaland
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
I personally dont think NL is due for that at this point, it needs to evolve even further.
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
SimonAndal:
If there's one thing that I DON'T KNOW, it's all these money and finance and stock market shit! I never could understand them.

Its simply how companies raise money for projects.. But now rather than borrow from a bank and carry the risk all alone, they make the company public, have the public buy shares and share the risks and the profits with the public. SO if the busniess booms, everybody is happy. If it fails, everybody loses.

I think Seun should take it public..
One Igbo man will buy up the majority shares and trun this site around for good. angry
Re: Nairaland On The Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE): A Good Idea? by Koolmexxi(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
Listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange!!! It is already on my Facebook wall and even my bedroom walls nd door..
Though on a serious note, it is up to Oga Seun nd he has a lot to do before Nairaland can be said to be ready.[/b][b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Ghw Truly The Owners Of Rocheep?? / Learn How To Make Up To #5,000 Daily / How To Start Mini Importation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.