Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby (25378 Views)

Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. / Some Interesting Facts To Know About The Year 2016 / Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by GoodNigerian: 3:29pm On May 02, 2013
ashson: Allahu akbar...

SUBHANALLAH

I ducked at first thank God I'm alive to say God is Great instead. This other translation sounds explosive.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by akorlade(m): 3:31pm On May 02, 2013
@ no 23 my baby will be trying kilishe this nite to see if she will like it.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by imperiouxx(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2013
I.Joan:
I Love Babies!!! kiss kiss kiss

I Love Babes!!! As in fine girls! undecided
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

I Love Babes!!! As in fine girls! undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Katier00(f): 3:41pm On May 02, 2013
Jojo Armani: what an amazing facts but dis got me laughing.

7. The commonest day of the week for
babies to be born is
Tuesday. Fewer babies are born on
Saturday or Sunday than on
any other day of the week (though this
may simply be
because doctors and midwives don't like
working weekends).
thats true, i had my two sons on a tuesday
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Mobsync(m): 3:51pm On May 02, 2013
I.Joan:

Me too. Pm me, maybe we could work "something" out.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 02, 2013
Light-Skin gold diggers, SMH

yuzedo: I want to make a baby. Pls NL girls can PM me.. You must be sweet, sexxxyy, big brezz, big nyash, slim waist and ice-cream laps, ready to move to Banana Island, and ready to use condom. No dwarfs allowed. Light-skin gold-diggers allowed. Thanks.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by rezzy: 4:45pm On May 02, 2013
Kayusfity:

ALL U NEED DO IS RECHARGE YOUR LINE WITH 250, AND SEND 2H to 131(mtn users only). ONCE YOU SUBSCRIBE, USE UP TO 10mins OUT OF THE 2HRS ALLOCATED TO YOU. DISCONNECT AND LEAVE YOUR SIM CARD TILL THE NEXT DAY i.e EXACT TIME U SUBSCRIBED FOR THE 2HRS PLAN. TRY TO CONNECT THE NEXT DAY AND IF DOESN'T BROWSE, SEND RESET TO 131. RECONNECT AGAIN AND ENJOY THE FREE UNLIMITED BROWSING WHILE IT LASTS. DO NOT PAY THESE HUNGRY GUYS WHO CLAIM TO PERFOM MAGIC ON SIMS. GOOD DAY

Is that what u are using?
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by sleekp1: 5:07pm On May 02, 2013
Me and my sweetie had twins in February,and for any one looking to know how to make twins, send me an email. Free consultations for ladies.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Suigenerisshegs(m): 5:09pm On May 02, 2013
Op,yu're pregnant right? #busted
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by JojoArmani(m): 5:26pm On May 02, 2013
BOOQEE FINALLY U RE ON FP CONGRATS
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by tonididdy(m): 5:29pm On May 02, 2013
booqee: [b] TWENTY FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT A NEWBORN BABY
1. All newborn babies have a pug nose. The bridge of the nose
isn't there at birth - it grows later - so babies have a small `button' nose.
2. Nearly all babies are born with blue or blue-grey eyes.
Permanent eye colouration develops during the following
months.
3. Newborn babies may cry a lot but they don't produce any tears. There is moisture to lubricate and clean the eyes but
proper tears don't start to appear until the baby is between
three and twelve weeks of age.
4. Any hair that is on your newborn baby's head will soon fall out - to be replaced by
permanent hair (which may be of
an entirely different colour) at about six months.
5. All newborn babies - even black ones - have a ruddy complexion . This is because their blood contains a high number of red blood cells.
6. Four out of ten babies are born with at least one birthmark.
7. The commonest day of the week for babies to be born is
Tuesday. Fewer babies are born on Saturday or Sunday than on
any other day of the week (though this may simply be
because doctors and midwives don't like working weekends).
8. Babies have a strongly developed sense of smell. By
the time he is one week old a baby can identify his mother by
her smell.
9. Newborn babies are genetically programmed to respond to human voices - especially female voices. Babies learn to distinguish between different sounds very quickly.
10. Few babies have much of a sense of taste - though most prefer sweet tasting liquids.
11. Babies have very poor eyesight. Their eyes are focused on a spot about eight inches away - so you need to get really close if your baby is to see you clearly. Babies prefer looking at
curved lines rather than straight lines.
12. Contrary to the old wives' tale, babies are not colour blind . They prefer strong primary
colours - particularly red and blue.
13. The heart of a newborn baby beats between 130 and
160 times a minute (about twice that of a normal adult).
14. Babies breathe much faster than adults - 30 to 50 times a minute compared to an adult's 15 to 20 times a minute.
15. Babies often sneeze and snort in their sleep to clear
their nasal passages . Only later on can babies breathe through their mouth if their nose is blocked. To minimise the problem keep the air in the home as clear and as smoke and dust free as possible.
16. Although babies get some immunity - and protection from infection - from their mothers, they are still very vulnerable to colds. Keep anyone with a cold away from your baby.
17. Babies have very small stomachs. An 8lb baby can get 3 ounces of milk into its stomach. It is the small size of its stomach that may explain why many babies will occasionally vomit. (But always get medical advice if a baby vomits.) Because they have small stomachs - the average stomach in the average baby is no bigger than the size of his fist! - babies need small feeds regularly (every three or four hours) rather than large feeds occasionally.
18. Nearly every newborn baby gets wind - and colic - that lasts for the first three months of its life.
19. Newborn babies spend between 15 and 20 hours a day sleeping - in bouts of sleep lasting 20 minutes to 5 hours.
20. In the first year of his life your baby will triple his weight, increase his length by 50%, double the size of his brain and create every nerve cell he will ever have.
21. Babies respond well to touch - which stimulates the production of growth-promoting hormones and helps the body become more responsive to these hormones. In one survey it was shown that premature babies who were touched regularly showed 47% more weight gain.
22. Babies are often nervous - even fearful - of new foods. To enable your baby to overcome his fears allow him to play with the food a little before eating it. You may be able to encourage a baby to try a new food by putting a small amount of food on his index finger and then gently guiding his index finger into his mouth.
23. If a baby suddenly starts to refuse a once favourite food it probably means that he is bored with it and would appreciate a little variation in his diet.
24. Teething can start when your baby is just three months old.
25. Babies sometimes need background noise to help them get to sleep (the womb is not the quietest place in the world). Some sounds that are known to relax and soothe babies include: a recording of their mother's heartbeat; the sound of a clock ticking; a recording of a stream, waterfall or sea; a vacuum cleaner; air bubbling through a fish tank; running water from a tap.
[/b]
GOD IS GREAT
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 02, 2013
So all babies are babies... black, white, chinko etc.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by ZACHIE: 6:28pm On May 02, 2013
Up Tuesday babes/.....///~~~~~~
no wonder we are popular

Destiny na him matter jor
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Bluediamond1(f): 7:05pm On May 02, 2013
#6,so true.u shld see my lil angel's bum,she dis big birthmark n i love it.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Willzkid(m): 7:15pm On May 02, 2013
yay....I always knew there was something exclusive about me
..was born on a cool saturday morning
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 02, 2013
Hope i'll be able to locate this thread in seven and a half months time?......

Weldone Op
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 02, 2013
sleek_p: Me and my sweetie had twins in February,and for any one looking to know how to make twins, send me an email. Free consultations for ladies.
i thought it was only the Creator dat could make twins and give it to you??
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 02, 2013
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 02, 2013
Rukemi291: Hope i'll be able to locate this thread in seven and a half months time?......

Weldone Op
dat will probably fall on my birthday in november. grin i wish u safe delivery!
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by dieold: 7:52pm On May 02, 2013

SUBHANALLAH
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 02, 2013
Suigenerisshegs: Op,yu're pregnant right? #busted
hope to be someday. #not busted
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Shaw007(m): 8:12pm On May 02, 2013
Aww mehn!!! . . Is it just me?? Or does this post make you want to have a baby;(

#sobs!!!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Luvlaye(m): 9:11pm On May 02, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] wow! It's so amazing. Thanks dearie.
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by achi4u(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2013
I.Joan:
me too
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 02, 2013
Wow this are some of the things that should be making front-page,very informative,that number 8 made me smile
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by lepasharon(f): 10:19pm On May 02, 2013
i want a really black baby ,the curly hair is the icing on the cake kiss

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by spikesC(m): 11:48pm On May 02, 2013
Am tuesday too wink
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by supaeagles(m): 1:48am On May 03, 2013
@OP i have already clicked 'Like' on your post and here's another Like grin

(Btw, i think people should also quote their sources when they post.....this is from they year 2010 : http://www.milliontalks.com/topic/107-interesting-facts-about-newborn-babies/ )
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by phlame(m): 4:24am On May 03, 2013

SUBHANALLAH

undecided
Re: Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby by ifeelgood: 6:46am On May 03, 2013
I was born on Saturday. Doctors and Midwives spent there weekend welcoming me. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lone Accident As Truck Two Rear Tyre Pulls Out Of Its Body At Anthony, Lagos / Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives / Helpless Blind And Deaf Man In Enugu Rendered Help By Nigerians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.