Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,115 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Read This – And Ponder If You Are A Northerner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read This – And Ponder If You Are A Northerner (943 Views)

Throw Back: "It Must Be A Northerner First Or We Employ White Man" - Ahmadu Bell / Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. / ‘it Must Be A Northerner Or No Nigeria’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read This – And Ponder If You Are A Northerner by drzed: 2:37pm On May 01, 2013
The facts below are funny but not really amusing at all !

>> Vice President - North.
>> Senate President - North.
>> Speaker House of Reps - North.
>> PDP National Chairman - North.
>> Head of Service - North.
>> INEC Chairman - North.
>> CJN - North.
>> CBN Governor - North.
>> Inspector General of Police - North.
>> President Court of Appeal - North.
>> Chief Judge Federal High Court - North.
>> NSA - North.
>> EFCC - Chairman - North.
>> Chief of Defence Staff -North.
>> Chief of Air Staff - North.
>> GMD NNPC - North.
>> Controller, Prison Service - North.
>> Controller, Custom Service - North
>> Controller Immigration Service - North.
>> Richest Man in Africa - North.
>> 99% of Beggars in Nigeria - Northerners .
>> Boko Haram - North.
>> Educationally Backward Areas in Nigeria - North.
>> The poorest States in Nigeria - North.
>> From 1960 to date, 9 out of 14 Heads of State of the Federation are from - North!

Now ask yourself, what is wrong with us Northerners? We are certainly not a marginalized region. In fact, maybe our problem is that we (or at least our elites) have been over-involved in the management of this country.

From the above, it is evident that we Northerners are not exactly missing out in both the running and the ruining of this country. In fact, we have contributed significantly to its under-development and its current stupor via PDPification.

Agreed that past Northern leaders had associates and partners in crime from the South...but it is the Northerners that were the leaders - and leaders must take the blame. Whether it is through ballot or bullet, we have not exactly shown good examples for other regions to follow. 2015 my bloody foot! Kwankwaso, Tambuwal and Lamido should go and find something to do with their lives please. Me, I don tire, wallahi. Whoever can bring unity and faith, peace and prosperity (y'know: that stuff written under our coat of arms) is welcome to lead Nigerian. Even if he is half-Nigerian, I no send!

So if you are one of those Northerners grumbling or angling for the presidency to return to the North in 2015, ask yourself what difference it will make to you as a Northerner or as a Nigerian. We should instead be engaged in in-depth reflection and condemning our past and current elites who have shamed us left, right and centre. But more importantly, we Northerners should start an urgent renaissance and ideological debate on how we can emerge as a self-respecting, self-sustaining geopolitical entity within Nigeria. This debate should strictly be amongst Northern youths only: those above 45 are first of all, not youths - and secondly, they can stick their opinions where the sun doesnt shine. God will punish many of them (amen!)

And No, I am not a hired (laptop or money-topped) agent. In fact, I hate PDP and all that it stands for, but facts are facts. The only thing worse than PDP to me, is the quality of Northern leaders we have had over the years supported by a docile bunch of followers.
Re: Read This – And Ponder If You Are A Northerner by kufre2010: 5:10pm On May 01, 2013
My brother you are 100% right. It hightime the northern youths rise in unism and say to their elders enough is enough of taking the youth of this great region on wrong selfish direction. The northern leaders purposely refuse to educate youths so that their eyes will not open to their manipulations.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan, Other PDP Governments Encourage Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Industry / 2015 Campaign: APC Wants INEC To Sanction Jonathan’s Wife / See The New Boko Haram Commander; He Speaks On Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.