Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. (3892 Views)

Investment As An Undergraduate? / Can An Undergraduate Take Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers (cis)exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:39pm On May 01, 2013
Hello pals, I am an undergraduate and will like to invest my little change. I have considered FG bonds(just read about it 2day on NL) but I will be leaving school next year and don't have lots of money for something substantial to come out of fgb.
I have tried my hands in some stuffs; printing and photocopying(m no longer on campus, so I sold my machine, graphic design and web design).
I can spare 50k, and truthfully I need operation sharp sharp to get money. Please any advice on where to invest. I prefer some1 working for me(hehehe).
I will really appreciate any advice,thanks.
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by valdubem(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2013
There's nothing like sharp-sharp money!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2013
Even money medicine?
What I mean by sharp sharp is something that will be substantial by d time I am graduating or something that can give me monthly or weekly returns.
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by valdubem(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2013
Since your are graduating nxt year + 1yr of NYSC to go, I'd advise you go through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1254172/advice-me-where-invest-little.

OR https://www.nairaland.com/1247743/investment-undergraduate

Its your choice to make
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 7:02pm On May 01, 2013
Thanks a lot bro, I've checked all the links. First 2 are on stocks and fgn bonds. I invested in stocks wen I was in ss3. I don't even know if it still exists(laffs, I don do tins 4 money oh). Will look into importing, although m an introvert.
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by Seun(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2013
There is nothing that will make money sharp sharp before you graduate without you having to do any work. Investments that can generate money without any work or risk usually have relatively low returns, which makes a lot of sense. If you want to make lots of money, you have to work hard. There is no way around that.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:27pm On May 01, 2013
Yeah,sure. Thanks Seun. When I used to photocopy and print. I slept at 1 to 2am, wake by 5am and I still don't meet the demand. Twas affecting fellowship time and my g.p. I had some nice ideas that I still haven't implemented. I just feel its too late for me to start something... Will be going on IT in d next 1 month, after dat,na to focus on my project.

And for now, my mind is blank as to what will fetch me steady income while I round up, or sumtin huge by d time I round up without much stress. I want to give my final year, my best shot.
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:31pm On May 01, 2013
Ok, last year I had dis idea and even found a partner. D idea was greatly based on our website, d guy I paid to do d job, till 2morrow I never see am.
It turned me off, and considering the fact that the school is the best market place considering population(u can literary sell fuel to a student who doesn't have a gen or car). I am reluctant to continue the project.
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by birdman(m): 12:57am On May 02, 2013
Seun: There is nothing that will make money sharp sharp before you graduate without you having to do any work. Investments that can generate money without any work or risk usually have relatively low returns, which makes a lot of sense. If you want to make lots of money, you have to work hard. There is no way around that.

Rituals are not that hard to do,
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2013
birdman:

Rituals are not that hard to do,
Oga u r on ur own oh.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by DeGenius3(m): 9:16pm On May 07, 2013
So many people keep complaining about how bad the Nigerian goverment is for not creating enough Jobs for the teeming youths leaving the universities.

in fact i almost shed tears when i read in a magazine that 96,000 Nigerians tured up for an interview in an organization with just 15 vacancies... and the people surrounded the builing hoping to be the lucky one to get employed.

hmmm...

very pathetic.

of course i agree that the Nigerian government has not really done well, but just to let you know, 53% of the population who are employed in the U.S.A are being employed by individuals who own small, and big businesses without the government help.

you can create jobs... and employ other people to work for you.

and believe it or not the best way to really start on your journey to have massive cash in your bank account is by selling. yes selling.

what do you sell?

the answer is something very valuable that is needed by desperate people with cash in hand. you see, so many Nigerians are faced with many needs, problems, wants etc.

and if you can provide valuable solutions to Nigerians who are faced with needs, problems, wants etc, then you can be sure of smiling to the bank always.

solutions are being provided every single day in the world. and in Nigeria, great people like Mike Adenuga provide Nigerians the simple means of communicating with their loved ones..

Aliko Dnagote has a mega business empire now because he is simply providing Nigerians with their basic needs like food etc

Complete sports provides Nigerians with the interesting things going on in the world of sports... and other businesses like that.

you too can do the same... but i want to show you my way.

Now for some Nigerians, the best way to provide solutions is by doing it in informational format like ebooks, manuals, books, reports, Cds, DVDs, Seminars etc... and believe it or not, smart Nigerians who are also 'jobless' are making millions per year just doing this.

and this is the solution approach format i want you to start working on. and the only thing you need is the foundation of how this works, the systems to make it work for you, with practical dedication on your side, you will definitely see a change in your finances.

i have put a master plan i have used over time to smile to the bank, and i want to give you this masterplan for free. now before you start thinking that this is just another nonsense crap, here's what you'll get from my free masterplan;

you will discover how to identify a hungry audience deperate with passion for your informational solution with cash in hand to pay you (getting this right is like already having money in your bank account literally) ...

i will also expose to you in simple steps how to create HOT sizzling information product for the hungry and desperate audience...

you will also discover how to 'position' your solution in widely read and targeted mediums and attract hungry customers like crazy...

you will be able to create and use simple communicative marketing system to market and sell your information product.

you also discover how to easily make your first N50, 000 in just 30 days or less using a simple targeted numbers approach (this is not get-rich-quick, but knowing how to do this will put N50, 000 in your bank account by using this system).

and lots more...

interested to get this report? all you need to do NOW in order to get this report is to email your name PLUS your email address PLUS your phone number PLUS email subject 'Simple Cash MasterPlan' to cashbuilderinfo@gmail.com.

i will send you the report.

Note; it is high time you stopped looking for 'Magic System' to making money. it does not exist.

if you go through this report and you don't begin to see some changes in your finances, in all seriousness, you need to be prayed for. a very serious prayer at that... and i can help if you need me... at least i know some radical men who can do the job.

i want to see you at the top.

thanks for reading.
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by Ucheaaron(m): 4:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello friends, Are Your thinking of owning a Bulksms portal or Starting a Bulksms Business but scared to get stucked in a very restricted or will I say rigid reseller system with no consideration for you and a strict design policy that makes each website look almost the same only for the name to be different??.. and being forced to stick to one sms provider who is making you buy sms units at a cut throat price?... This is my story, I have been a victim of this too..! I bought an ebook from Jide Ogunsaya of ogbongeblog.com for N4000 on how to set up a bulksms website, just to discover that led me to having a "rigid" sms reseller store with smslive247.com - you can check it here www.giffysms.com! I had to buy my own domain name, pay them etc.. Men that was the worst business I have ever gotten into! I was stuck with having a 'green' website when I was not so much a green fan. I was also stuck with buying sms at a cut throat price the same with normal users even as a reseller, the last stroke came when I discovered that all their resellers had the same website partner! Well as Will Smith will say in 'Hitch' -"This is the information I feel Obliged to pass to my fellow Men". The truth of the matter is get a website that you are the boss!, where you can decide to paint blue now and red later..., or decide to use MTN now and Glo later instead of just sticking to just Visafone (no offense pls!) Check out what you will get with this Offer:

==>You will have absolute control of your Website (from the design to the color to every other aspect of the web site, e.t.c)

==>You will have total control / access to the control Panel and the website’s Backend / Administrative end,

==>You will get 1000 sms to any Network Free to kick-start your Bulk SMS Business,

==>You will get an online payment module to accept payment online with any stress... even when you are asleep,

==>You can Use any Gateway You choose to use, Initially we will give you free of charge a gateway we also use, which cost N5,000 to set up.

==>You will have a GSM Number Generator installed for you to generate active phone numbers to start publicizing your business

==>You will have your face book fan page integrated with your Bulk SMS site to connect you fans,

==>You will have the jealously guarded “call-me-back” software installed for you to get phone call request from your clients / customers to discuss business.

==>You will have Google Adsense integrated into your portal if you are on adsense! so you could earn more money!!

==>You will also Get sample SMS Proposals for free (mind you these proposals cost N1000 each)!!!

==>You will be buying sms for a Flat rate of N1.30 per sms, from 1 sms and Above,

==>And above all you get 247 support in case of any challenge!

==>Note this is for just N13,500 only for the first 50 persons and I mean 50 persons only!!!
For More Info call Me on 07036179993 or visit www.brainzsms.com . "I will rather be a fallen Hero, Than wish I tried!"
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by tomiamida: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Advice On Making Money As An Undergraduate. by ComeCarry: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
As an undergraduate an idea that might work for you is what we offer at ComeCarry.com

It is geared for people that want to start up a business but have limited capital or alternatively for people who are looking for a alternative income to their main income.

We provide female fashion (clothes and accessories) which in a university environment, especially if you live on campus, has a lot of potential. See details of the scheme here - https://www.nairaland.com/1841339/looking-start-business-baby-female#25198031

(1) (Reply)

Making Passive Income....you Don't Want To Miss This!!! / What Business Can I Do With 3.5million Naira In Ibadan? / Pls what business can I start with 70k? Just finished Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.