Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love (16675 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / Enjoy This Delicacies / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Afam4eva(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2013
I love Suya and Zoborodo prepared by the Hausas.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 03, 2013
Egbo( made frm corn) and beans,complete with dodo and fried stew....exclusively for d Ibadan pipu.Bliss!
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Krasid(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2013
o boy na egwusi soup.no matter how many times i eat it,i never get tired.when i was young i thought it was an igbo delicacy due to it's delicious taste but later found out it was a yoruba food.kudos to the yoruba's anyway.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by fingard02k(m): 12:35pm On May 03, 2013
Krasid: o boy na egwusi soup.no matter how many times i eat it,i never get tired.when i was young i thought it was an igbo delicacy due to it's delicious taste but later found out it was a yoruba food .kudos to the yoruba's anyway.
Get your facts right...Egwusi soup is an Igbo soup not yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 03, 2013
Tuwo miyan kuka, danwake and masa, all from d north. also luv fura da nono. Those guys hav lots of delicacies jare. I give it to dem
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Watermelon(m): 12:55pm On May 03, 2013
Akamu and akara, I love this combo die, Dunno their origin though.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Lordwize(m): 12:57pm On May 03, 2013
Waina and kunu geda, hausa.

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Kezzy24(f): 12:59pm On May 03, 2013
For me,it's Amala and ewedu with gbegiri,also love efo-riro.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by IFY124(f): 1:02pm On May 03, 2013
Am surprised that nobody mentioned ikpang-nkwukwo. Its Efik/Ibibio delicacy. Its a meal that I like anytime anyday. I also like afang soup.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by JamesLucia: 1:39pm On May 03, 2013
baynix: Banku Wit Cassava Soup!!

Powered By Ghanians!! grin grin

banku, fufu wt light soup,keng ke
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by baby124: 1:51pm On May 03, 2013
For me its freshly made banga straight from the palm kernel, with fresh hot fufu and fresh fish. Life changing food. grin

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 03, 2013
Starch and banga soup. I can become an Urhobo girl for this food.
Also, amala and ewedu.

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 03, 2013
Edikaikor, isam & ikpang all from calabar
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 03, 2013
Afang soup please cheesy
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by adeokunade: 2:51pm On May 03, 2013
Octopus garnished wit ginger and Onions wit chilled Zobo. From which tribe did Zobo come?
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by bintalabi(f): 3:01pm On May 03, 2013
suya n kilishi from boko haram
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by bb6xt(m): 3:18pm On May 03, 2013
Editang, how I just love to suck on the periwinkles!
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Truckpusher(m): 3:21pm On May 03, 2013
ItsModella: Starch and banga soup. I can become an Urhobo girl for this food.
Also, amala and ewedu.
kiss
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:43pm On May 03, 2013
Native soup: i tink its a Rivers delicacy though I am nt sure. I think its cooked with oil and a leaf(i dnt knw d name). Its usually garnished wit small pieces of kpomo, periwikle.
Pls, if someone has d recipe he/she shld pls pm me, abeg. I am dying to learn dat soup.

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Lachynos2k2(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2013
nkwobi!!!:.how come no one remembered this?

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by tyexploit: 3:46pm On May 03, 2013
Urhobo Banga soup make brain die!!

2 Likes

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Editerian(m): 4:05pm On May 03, 2013
Banga soup d delta way....can't stop having it.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by bbkkatunxo: 4:24pm On May 03, 2013
Bibochi(tuwo shekafa) and zowa(beans soup)and their fish that's NUPE food for you, sweet die(nupe people frm Niger, kwara, kogi,Abuja and some part of kebbi and oyo state of Nigeria)
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by salt1: 4:33pm On May 03, 2013
dridowu: From my tribe Ijebu, Ikokore, who love it ? Lovely Delicacy

This porridge made of grated water- yam is eaten in various ways by other non-Yorubas.
Cross River and Afikpo in Ebonyi call it Oto and they add periwinkles and dry fish. Very delicious! Ekpan nkwukwo is a variety of same dish except that the paste/dough is first wrapped in coco-yam leaves or green. Sometimes in place of water yam, they use red cocoa yam or unripe plantain.
My other favourites from other tribes
1. Rivers Native Soup cooked with prawns, snail, fresh fish, utazi, achi etc and served with pounded yam
2. All soups of Efik origin: edikaikong, afang, atama, editang, afia fere (I no be Calabar, but their dishes are great!). Add oto, ekpan nkwukwo and I can eat them round the clock without looking for beans, rice or yam. I think Cross River is the Delicious Food Capital of Nigeria
3. Danbu nnama dried and grated kilishi
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by SwitAyi(f): 4:56pm On May 03, 2013
bintalabi: suya n kilishi from boko haram
guy u funny o,lol.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by fonssy(f): 5:02pm On May 03, 2013
Am from Akwa ibom but I like Oha soup.if that's how its spelt.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by temhab(f): 6:32pm On May 03, 2013
Etighi
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Truckpusher(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: Native soup: i tink its a Rivers delicacy though I am nt sure. I think its cooked with oil and a leaf(i dnt knw d name). Its usually garnished wit small pieces of kpomo, periwikle.
Pls, if someone has d recipe he/she shld pls pm me, abeg. I am dying to learn dat soup.
oboy if not for the fish inside the bowl this thing look like diarrhea shyte grin grin grin grin
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by zerhoba(m): 6:47pm On May 03, 2013
I enjoy "white soup"I don't know which tribe has this as their delicacy
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by babanne(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2013
fingard02k:
Egusi (yoruba) or egwusi(igbo) is made from melon seed
As a yoruba man that was born & bread in oyo state, i can confirm ti you that egusi is no.1 yoruba soup. in fact, as a youth i have worked severally on farmland where melon eas cultivated & hatvested.i always enjoy the egusi soup.

i am also aware that igbo people also prepare the soup but in a slightly different way
while in lagos,i used to enjoy akpu with the igbo version of the soup with or without bitter leaf.

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by babanne(m): 6:49pm On May 03, 2013
fingard02k:

Egusi (yoruba) or egwusi(igbo) is made from melon seed.

As a yoruba man that was born & bread in oyo state, i can confirm to you that egusi is no.1 yoruba soup. in fact, as a youth i have worked severally on farmland where melon was cultivated & hatvested.i always enjoy the egusi soup.

i am also aware that igbo people also prepare the soup but in a slightly different way.
while in lagos,i used to enjoy akpu with the igbo version of the soup with or without bitter leaf.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? / 5 Ways Nigerians Eat Rice / NAFDAC Intercepts 21 Containers Of Spoilt Frozen Fish In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.