Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love (16676 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / Enjoy This Delicacies / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Marisbeybe: 6:52pm On May 03, 2013
KKF= PLAINTAIN PORRIDE ND FRESH FISH, PREFERRABLY CATFISH-ALL D WAY FRM IJAW PEOPLE. THOUGH I'M IBO BT I LIKE DS FUD DIE. ALL MY IJAW NIGGAS IN D HOUSE OYEEEEE!

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by ajanaku2(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2013
Madam Amaka, biko ye'm Semovita and Ofe nsala...

Nairalanders who know Amaka's restaurant on Adetola street, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos would fathom better!...Amaka's Ofe akwu and ofe nsala soup would make you disregard courtesy and etiquette, and lick the plate directly with your tongue....Absolutely out of this world!....

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Eifeh(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2013
babanne:

Egusi (yoruba) or egwusi(igbo) is made from melon seed.

As a yoruba man that was born & bread in oyo state, i can confirm to you that egusi is no.1 yoruba soup. in fact, as a youth i have worked severally on farmland where melon was cultivated & hatvested.i always enjoy the egusi soup.

i am also aware that igbo people also prepare the soup but in a slightly different way.
while in lagos,i used to enjoy akpu with the igbo version of the soup with or without bitter leaf.
Yoruba people how true is this? I have not seeing it in any yoruba restaurant over my 2 year in ibadan.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by idriis: 7:30pm On May 03, 2013
Epkurupku and okpalasa soup, a delicacy I forgot where it's from? So delicious!
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 03, 2013
RICE
Be it fried, jollof or with stew I think it from chinese tribe or I dunno.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by ConcernMan: 8:21pm On May 03, 2013
Where is the MOD it is high time this hit the front page. Who can help us reach the mod for this section. We need see the choices of other Nigerians at large. Least I forget. As a child I enjoyed kwunu and Zobo. That's definitely Hausa staple drink.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by babanne(m): 8:49pm On May 03, 2013
Eifeh: Yoruba people how true is this? I have not seeing it in any yoruba restaurant over my 2 year in ibadan.

Very true.

Search well & go into ibadan interior you will surely find it.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 03, 2013
U can also learn how to prepare ur favorite dish... www.wivestownhallconnection.com
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by babanne(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2013
ConcernMan: Where is the MOD it is high time this hit the front page. Who can help us reach the mod for this section. We need see the choices of other Nigerians at large. Least I forget. As a child I enjoyed kwunu and Zobo. That's definitely Hausa staple drink.

Already on the homepage even b4 i posted my first commrnt.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by McGeorge1(m): 10:41pm On May 03, 2013
bisiswag: Isi-ewu...igbo
Banga and starch..delta style' yummy
Afang soup...calabar
God bless una oh,cos was so fed up of egusi and ogbono till i discovered my darlyn darlyn afang and banga soup...
no soup like AFANG. I'm so I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ love ωΐт̃ђ it
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by debeo: 10:49pm On May 03, 2013
Who has tried ATAMA soup with starch or Eba before?

or ERITANG soup (both from Akwa Ibom).

If a man eats this, his life will never remain the same.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Horlawoomey(m): 11:40pm On May 03, 2013
Nigeria can not be divided no matter the difference among the people of the Nation. We are so unique. . . . Me I love DANBO. . GARO GARO . .FURA DA NUNU and GURASA with SUYA+ SALAD all is Hausa food. . , . Am a Yoruba boy.

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 03, 2013
saintvalx: Banga soup with starch and lots of fish!
Nice
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Adedayo516(m): 1:18am On May 04, 2013
Eifeh: Yoruba people how true is this? I have not seeing it in any yoruba restaurant over my 2 year in ibadan.
You need to visit that woman at bodija/ojuri side. Olu mummy or something like that
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 2:24am On May 04, 2013
Blacksoup from Edo. When I first see the soup during my service, my thought was 'OMG wat d hell is this'. Since tasting it, never look back.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 2:27am On May 04, 2013

That is because the Ibadan people can 'kill' cos of gbegiri. Egusi na yoruba soup.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 8:51am On May 04, 2013
kingphemy:

That is because the Ibadan people can 'kill' cos of gbegiri. Egusi na yoruba soup.

not true. Egwusi is confirm Igbo soup, though i think everybody prepares it presently.

@OP, For now, its suya
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Oloriatoke(f): 11:42am On May 04, 2013
kwunu and kilishi (hausa)
white soup,edikaikong,ogbono
gbegiri and ewedu soup
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by vivianc(f): 12:23pm On May 04, 2013
Afang soup and kilishi.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by dokunbam(m): 1:50pm On May 04, 2013

yoruba is known for egusi(egusi mix with vegetable) and pounded yam
ask very well
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by dasparrow: 3:10pm On May 04, 2013
Nkwobi (minus the bitterness of course)- Igbo

Fura de nono - Hausa

Afang soup - Calabar

Edikainkong - Calabar

Suya - Hausa

Ofada stew - Yoruba

Akpukpa - Tiv
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 04, 2013
dahonestboss: hot Amala with ewedu and gbegiri soup, Furnished with ogunfe and eja dindin (fried fish) with Limca kiss kiss

Good old times in Naija

Gbegiri + Limca nuh = purge?
dahonestboss: hot Amala with ewedu and gbegiri soup, Furnished with ogunfe and eja dindin (fried fish) with Limca kiss kiss

Good old times in Naija

Gbegiri + Limca nuh = purge?

1 Like

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by ukchy: 6:27pm On May 04, 2013
I love banga soup die,am a confirm Igbo girl but anytime i visit my uncle at Ugheli,If not banga with starch and correct fresh fish you never start and my Aunt is a super cook...Miss them all..Urohobo WAADOOOO,then Kilishi with enough onions.....Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by elphamexcels: 6:39pm On May 04, 2013
Over any local dishes, i will still and always vote for our food iyan known as "POUNDED YAM" It belongs to the Ondo and Ekiti state peeps, mehnnnn! dat meal is wow....Its second to none...

Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by aljharem(m): 7:09pm On May 04, 2013

No my brother Egusi or Egwusi is purely Yoruba and not Igbo. Water melon does not in tropical climate like in the east but savannas likes those in northern Oyo, Kwara, Niger, Kogi etc. So given that fact, it could only have been introduced by either nupes or yorubas.

Please we should stop feeding people with uncomfirmed informations.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Angel778(f): 8:11pm On May 04, 2013
Its because u never asked 4 it. egusi is a very popular yoruba soup
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 04, 2013
alj harem:

No my brother Egusi or Egwusi is purely Yoruba and not Igbo. Water melon does not in tropical climate like in the east but savannas likes those in northern Oyo, Kwara, Niger, Kogi etc. So given that fact, it could only have been introduced by either nupes or yorubas.

Please get we should stop feeding people with uncomfirmed informations.
Kolanut is produced by yorubas more but the hausas eat it more.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by aljharem(m): 9:11pm On May 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Kolanut is produced by yorubas more but the hausas eat it more.

Mistake my sister. Kolanut is a nut from a tree ONLY found in tropical regions this it is not produced by yorubas but by west africans,

NOTE : The only tropical part of west africa so likes of (extreme) northern ghana, Northern nigeria etc does not favour the growth of kolanut.
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Niiade(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2013
Unripe Plantain, Ekpan Kuowo( don't know how to spell it)
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Tenderspot(f): 10:03am On May 05, 2013
Amala n ewedu hmm yummy
Re: Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 05, 2013
alj harem:

Mistake my sister. Kolanut is a nut from a tree ONLY found in tropical regions this it is not produced by yorubas but by west africans,

NOTE : The only tropical part of west africa so likes of (extreme) northern ghana, Northern nigeria etc does not favour the growth of kolanut.
we are sayind the same tnz nah.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? / 5 Ways Nigerians Eat Rice / NAFDAC Intercepts 21 Containers Of Spoilt Frozen Fish In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.