Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

The Sins Of Gej - I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sins Of Gej - I (1521 Views)

GEJ: I Will Not Go To Sambisa Forest But....(Pic) / What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? / Objectively List The Sins Of The President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 01, 2013
When you hear people call GEJ names like "clueless", "Shoeless" "retardeen" its not just for nothing! Below are 6 reason why GEJ is deservingly, the most insulted president ever.

1. BEING FROM A MINORITY TRIBE.
How dare a minority become the president of Nigeria in a democracy where number is all that matters. GEJ village, Otuoke is not even in the map of Nigeria. Power should rotate just among the 3 major tribes, after all democracy is a game of numbers.

2. OUTSHINING THE GODFATHERS
The first law in the 48 laws of power by Robert Greene is “NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER” unfortunately for Jona he disregarded this age long, golden principle and outshined his predecessors. How dare him fixing power problem that even the almighty OBJ couldn’t. Federal university in Katsina? “na yaradua send am?” who tell am say we no like our airport being an eye sore? And then he went ahead and remove “the Nigerian factor” from fertilizer distribution.
Then SURE-P, YOUWIN, Graduate Intership Programme, Second Niger bridge, Benin ore road, Lagos-Ibadan Express Way, Dredging of river Niger, Almajiri Schools. This “shoeless” boy dey mad!

3. SINCERITY
Why not doctored a report and present it as your assets declaration. Why conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria – such things are alien to us. Couldn’t he just allow the boys in the house of Rep pocket their constituency project allowance “make we hear word”?(Now I know their committee on ethics and privileges is going to probe this post) How could Jonathan allow El-rufai come back to Nigeria from exile? - a man chased out of Nigeria by his own brothers, back and walking about and running his mouth all over the place. Did he think Yaradua was mad when he sent he packing?

4. UNDERMINING THE POWER OF THE MEDIA.
When Tinubu and co were busy setting up media houses where was he. Now he tells us that news media are controlled by powerful people. Even if you don’t own an electronic or print media, what happen to brown envelopes!! The boys are hungry. How much is the salary of an editor – Abi no be where man dey work man go chop? Who dey watch NTA?

5. BEING SO LUCKY
Chosen as deputy governor, became governor without asking, then, chosen as vice president again without asking, then acting president, then president and now we are going to have GEJ first, second and third term legally! Boy na only him God like? What happen to the rest of us, we offend God.

6. BEING A DIE HARD.
This man has survive every known and unknown game plans, conspiracies, insurgencies, terrorism, attacks, counter attacks in the Nigeria game of power play. Some said he won’t survive 2 years (like Yakowa). They said he won’t survive the fuel subsidy protest like Mubarak. Tunde bakari even said God told him GEJ will soon die….Yet the man refused to die. Tanbuwal and his bribe demanding boys have threaten impeachment, non-passage of budgets, fire, brimstone, hailstone and thunder – yet the man just dey look them.

To be continue

3 Likes

Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:01am On May 02, 2013
Ok as usuall those that are egg headed will call me names - that is expected. But the discerning minds will look beyoung the surface and it will reflect in their responses. Never-the-less, all reponses are welcome!
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:02am On May 02, 2013
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:03am On May 02, 2013
GEJ lacks ideas and is incompetent. Simple

The truth of the matter is easy to win a second term in Nigeria if you can deliver on some (not even all) of your electoral promises. Look at the governors who have be able to win second term effortlessly: Mimiko, Oshiomole, Fasola etc
Nigerians are so forgiving that once you show promise in one area, they're ready to give you benefit of doubt in several untouched areas.

As it stands now, there is no tangible achievement to his administration, forget the litany of lies being bandied by insincere9gerian et al. There was insecurity before he took over but under his watch, it has ballooned to a big mess. Corruption is the watch word of this administration. There are too many scandals with almost all connected to the presidency. This is a president who appointed folks probing NNPC with Ribadu to NNPC boards while the probe was in progress. Malabu, pension scams, fuel subsidy etc.

The economy itself is undergoing what is known as jobless growth with debt mounting each and everyday. There's nothing in particular you can pin the debt on. You have a woman who said debt was bad a few years ago but now championing perhaps leading Nigeria to bankruptcy. Today, they claim 3.5millions jobs created, tomorrow they plan to raise mega watts to 10000. But the electricity has been nothing but yoyo depicting the rise and fall of water levels.

What does he want to achieve in engaging Amaechi in annoying pettiness? He's turning Amaechi to a super man? That was how Tinubu was made. With 2015 succession politics coming on board in numerous states, I wonder how many governors he's willing to deploy the might of presidency against?

GEJ is a non starter, an invalid.

1 Like

Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:04am On May 02, 2013
An appeal filed by the imprisoned former governor of Delta State, James Onanefe Ibori to have his prison term slashed, has been listed for hearing tomorrow at the Royal Courts of Justice on the Strand in London.

The case will be heard by Lord Justice Treacy and Mr. Justice Edwards-Stuart, Recorder Of Leeds sitting as a judge of the Court Of Appeal criminal division.

Last year, Mr. Ibori was sentenced to 14 years in jail by a Southwark Crown Court judge after he pleaded guilty to stealing about $250 million which he laundered through banks in the United Kingdom. The monies, which were stolen from the coffers of Delta State while he was governor there, were lavished on a Bombardier jet, luxury cars, expensive homes in London, and jewelry.

The assets he purchased with the laundered funds are currently the subject of a court-ordered forfeiture around the globe including the US, South Africa and Dubai.

After he fled Nigeria, Mr. Ibori was arrested in May 2010 in Dubai on an international warrant of arrest, and later extradited to the United Kingdom to face trial the money laundering charges.

Before his conviction and imprisonment, Mr. Ibori’s sister, Christine Ibie-Ibori; his wife, Theresa Ibori; and his mistress, Udoamaka Okoronkwo-Onuigbo, were also convicted. They were each jailed for five years for acting as accomplices in the extensive money laundering operations of the former governor.
Also jailed was Ibori’s lawyer, Bhadresh Gohil. Other jailed accomplices include Daniel McCann, and Lambertus De Boer.

In a prior trial in Nigeria that was manipulated by the government of Umaru Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan, Ibori was acquitted of all of the 170 charges he faced that were basically the same as the one the former governor faced in England.

“As things stand, Ibori was only to spend seven years in jail in England,” an analyst pointed out in New York today. “If through some well-paid and clever lawyering that sentence happens to be reduced by a couple of years, Ibori would in the end only have missed a few PDP (Peoples Democratic Party) lunches.

As Dipreye Alamieyeseigha has proved, Mr. Jonathan will grant him state pardon and give him the GCFR. He will run for the Senate and just like old times, rejoin his criminal old band
!”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/james-ibori%E2%80%99s-jail-term-appeal-hearing-tomorrow
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:07am On May 02, 2013

Want more? Give it up man, your oga at the top is clueless
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:09am On May 02, 2013
The Federal Government has refused to explain the role played by President Goodluck Jonathan and other government officials in a scandal allegedly involving government officials, Shell, ENI subsidiaries in Nigeria, a Nigerian oil firm and a former petroleum minister. However, on Thursday, the civil society and opposition parties criticized government’s silence, while also calling for a probe.

A report by the United States-based anti-corruption NGO, Global Witness, had said that Nigerian subsidiaries of both Shell and ENI agreed to pay $1.092bn to the Federal Government for oil block OPL 245.

The report entitled, “Shell’s obscure payments kill its case for weak US and EU transparency laws”, further alleged that the Federal Government then paid the entire N155bn to Malabu Oil and Gas, a company owned by Mr. Dan Etete, a former oil minister under the late General Sani Abacha.

An online news medium, PREMIUM TIMES, in a follow up on its earlier version of a report on Thursday, had stated that money was paid on the order of Jonathan.

It also alleged that the money was a slush fund, “with a huge chunk of it ending in bank accounts of cronies and business associates of government officials.”

Global Witness said documents in a New York court, stated that “…it does appear that the FGN (Federal Government of Nigeria) was indeed the proverbial “straw man” holding $1.1bn for ultimate payment to Malabu.”

Experts describe the process as round-tripping, adding that it is a tool widely used by corrupt government officials and businessmen for money laundering and tax evasion.

Efforts to get the President’s spokesman, Dr. Ruben Abati’s reaction to the money laundering allegation on Thursday were not successful, despite the sensitive nature of the allegation.

When called, Abati did not pick his mobile phone neither did he respond to an SMS send to him, asking for the Presidency’s reaction on the matter.

The report alleged that the President had instructed the Minister of State for Finance, Dr. Yerima Ngama, and Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN) to pay the money to Malabu.

When contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to the Minister of State for Finance, Mallam M. Nakoji, said he could not comment on the N155bn money laundering controversy since he was not familiar with the issue.

He said the minister could not be reached because he (Ngama) was in Port-Harcourt attending a meeting.

He, however, promised to get the response of the minister on Friday. Repeated calls put across to the minister was not picked. Similarly, a text message sent to him at 4:03pm was not replied.

Also, efforts to get a reaction from the AGF were not successful as at the time of filing this report.

Our correspondent could not see the Minister when he called at his office in the Ministry of Justice.

The AGF’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Ambrose Momoh, who was also not in the office at the time our correspondent visited, did not respond to calls on his mobile telephone. A text message sent to him was not replied.

Similarly, Shell failed to address the issue of the fraud involved when contacted for comments by one of our correspondents on Thursday. The oil giant said in line with its information policy, it could not reveal commercially sensitive information. It also added that it could not comment further on the papers filed in the New York court proceedings.

“Shell remains committed to the principles of disclosure as set forth by the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative and in April 2012, we have published details of payments made to governments in 2011 of some of the main countries where we operate,” it added.

Shell, described the details of the agreement between Agip, the Federal Government and Shell as the settlement of various commercial and legal issues.

Also, Agip (ENI) refused to make comments when contacted on the telephone by the correspondent. Its spokesperson, Mr. Tajudeen Adigun, referred our correspondent to the Federal Government, saying the Federal Government was in a better situation to explain developments from the deal.

The EFCC, which was reported to have investigated the allegation also refused not comment on it on Thursday.

When contacted, the spokesperson of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, told our correspondent that he was yet to get confirmation from the appropriate authority but promised to “get back.”

He said, “The person is not available and I can’t reach him at the moment. I can’t reach those that would give you confirmation. But if I am able to do that before it is too late, I will let you know.”

Amidst the unexpected silence from the various interests concerned, including the Federal Government, Shell and ENI, among others, civil rights groups took the gauntlet on Thursday, decrying the discomforting silence. The groups and prominent Nigerians said the scandal was indicative of the administration’s nonchalance to the fight against corruption.

Condemning the payments, the Congress for Progressive Change, said that the Jonathan administration was more concerned about looting than governance.

The CPC spokesman, Rotimi Fashakin, in an SMS to one of our correspondents, stated, “After the death of Abacha, much noise was made on the tens of billions of naira that later became known as the Abacha loot.

“Little did we realize that successive PDP governments would dwarf his records in mindless rapaciousness and kleptomaniac impudence. But in all these sleazy records, this Jonathan administration beats them all. No inspiring governance, only looting.”

Also, the Campaign for Democracy president, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, said that with the money laundering allegation, the Jonathan government had taken corruption to a new height.

“It is now one day one scandal for the government. That not one person has resigned in all the mind boggling corruption scandals under Jonathan shows that the commander-in-chief is friendly with corruption and it is so sad,” she said.

Condemning the Federal Government, Executive Director, African Network for Environmental and Economic Justice, Rev. David Ugolor, stated that there was no lack of transparency in the oil and gas sector industry in Nigeria.

According to him, the Presidency must take responsibility for the absence of transparency in the industry.

He stated, “If the petroleum resources minister continues to have discretionary powers without recourse to the National Assembly, we will continue to see this kind of problem.

“This is why they don’t want the sector to be reformed. This is only one of the many corrupt cases. We have been asking question about the renewal of a contract for Exxon Mobil and there has not been any response.

“You recall that during the nationwide demonstration in January, the President promised to reform the oil industry. He said he was going to ensure the quick passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill. What has happened since then?”

Ugolor called for a public hearing on the money laundering allegation, adding that the EFCC must probe the issue.

He stated, “What we are seeing now is just a tip of the iceberg. Lack of transparency has been the bane of oil and gas operations in the country. We also want the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to be involved in the probe. This is the way to end the culture of impunity in Nigeria.”

Also, a former governor of Kaduna State and leader of the umbrella body of the opposition parties in Nigeria, the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, simply noted that he was not surprised Jonathan could be named in such act.

According to him, it was impossible for anybody in Nigeria to become president or governor without pilfering the nation’s treasury.

He said, “I am not surprise. I would have been surprised if the reverse was the case. You know I have always maintained that all Nigerian leaders are thieves. I doubt if it is possible for somebody who is not a thief to be president or governor in Nigeria under the present circumstances. So I am not surprised.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-silent-on-role-in-n155bn-oil-scandal/
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by superior1: 12:11am On May 02, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Want more? Give it up man, your oga at the top is clueless

Awe,nibo loti ma n ri awon aramanda clips to man posti yi grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:11am On May 02, 2013
Oxford, raise your game!
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 12:16am On May 02, 2013
GEJ is the corruption.

He breeds corruption, eats corruption, condones corruption, defends corruption, promotes corruption, sleeps with corruption, dines with corruption. GEJ is the father of modern day corruptocracy ruining Nigeria. He is corrupt from head to toe.
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by iphy42: 12:48am On May 02, 2013
Oxford where art thou? 'Looks left, right, up, down, under, behind ...

E be like say d guy don run o grin
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:11am On May 02, 2013
[b][/b]
Prof Corruption: GEJ lacks ideas and is incompetent. Simple

The truth of the matter is easy to win a second term in Nigeria if you can deliver on some (not even all) of your electoral promises. Look at the governors who have be able to win second term effortlessly: Mimiko, Oshiomole, Fasola etc
Nigerians are so forgiving that once you show promise in one area, they're ready to give you benefit of doubt in several untouched areas.

As it stands now, there is no tangible achievement to his administration, forget the litany of lies being bandied by insincere9gerian et al. There was insecurity before he took over but under his watch, it has ballooned to a big mess. Corruption is the watch word of this administration. There are too many scandals with almost all connected to the presidency. This is a president who appointed folks probing NNPC with Ribadu to NNPC boards while the probe was in progress. Malabu, pension scams, fuel subsidy etc.

The economy itself is undergoing what is known as jobless growth with debt mounting each and everyday. There's nothing in particular you can pin the debt on. You have a woman who said debt was bad a few years ago but now championing perhaps leading Nigeria to bankruptcy. Today, they claim 3.5millions jobs created, tomorrow they plan to raise mega watts to 10000. But the electricity has been nothing but yoyo depicting the rise and fall of water levels.

What does he want to achieve in engaging Amaechi in annoying pettiness? He's turning Amaechi to a super man? That was how Tinubu was made. With 2015 succession politics coming on board in numerous states, I wonder how many governors he's willing to deploy the might of presidency against?

[b]

[/b]

People that make this kind of assertion are either blind (by hatred of course) or are simply mischievious. But to say that GEJ is a non starter is completely incorrect. I challenge anyone with facts to tell who among our past leaders has achieved in 4yrs what GEJ has succeeded in achieving within the short span of 2 years in the power sector, in electoral reforms(only GEJ could have appointed a Jega to head INEC), in exposing and cleaning up the oil sector, in infastructural development.
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:12am On May 02, 2013
superior1:

Awe,nibo loti ma n ri awon aramanda clips to man posti yi grin grin grin grin grin

Dont be silly, please
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:16am On May 02, 2013
Prof Corruption: GEJ is the corruption.

He breeds corruption, eats corruption, condones corruption, defends corruption, promotes corruption, sleeps with corruption, dines with corruption. GEJ is the father of modern day corruptocracy ruining Nigeria. He is corrupt from head to toe.

I for one hate generalisation statement like this. Give specific example and lets look at it together. This sound more like some thing you pick up from beer parlor
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:18am On May 02, 2013
Prof Corruption:

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-silent-on-role-in-n155bn-oil-scandal/

Punch is owned controlled and paid by tinubu, so please dont swallow hook, line, sinker, fisherman and boat of everything they tell you. just an advice
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by koruji(m): 4:22am On May 02, 2013
Some discerning mind you are !!!
Nobody needs to call you any names, you did it with the above crap all by yourself.

oxford: Ok as usuall those that are egg headed will call me names - that is expected. But the discerning minds will look beyoung the surface and it will reflect in their responses. Never-the-less, all reponses are welcome!
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:23am On May 02, 2013
So far no one has address the core issues I raised. No one has been able to disprove the facts as I stated. No one has been able to counter or challenge that GEJ is been persecuted and without support base because of his minority status. If were to be a hausa, for instance all the abokis would have line up behind him in defence of whatever, wherever
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:25am On May 02, 2013
koruji: Some discerning mind you are !!!
Nobody needs to call you any names, you did it with the above crap all by yourself.

Thank you. I know what effort you put into those lines without name calling, you will get there. keep at it
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:32am On May 02, 2013
oxford:

Punch is owned controlled and paid by tinubu, so please dont swallow hook, line, sinker, fisherman and boat of everything they tell you. just an advice

Provide one single evidence that Punch is owned and controlled by Tinubu. Hint: Tinubu owns The Nation
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:39am On May 02, 2013
Malabu oil scandal: AGF Adoke and the great cover-ups

Mr. Adoke peddles falsehood in desperate bid to retain credibility over the Malabu $1.1 billion oil deal
In what appears to be a desperate bid to cover his tracks in the murky $1.1 billion Malabu oil deal scandal, the Attorney General of the Federation, Mohammed Bello Adoke, plans to deceive federal lawmakers empanelled to investigate the scandal, through a scheme of half truths, selective disclosure, and in a number of instances, bare-faced lies, sources and documents available to PREMIUM TIMES have revealed.

The House of Representatives Committee set up to investigate the scandal have invited 18 public officials, including Mr. Adoke, to explain their role in the scandal which saw the Federal Government transfer $1.1bn into accounts owned by Malabu Oil Services, after the money was put into a government account by two multinational oil giants, Shell and Eni.
The transfer of the money to Malabu accounts, operated by ex-convict and former petroleum Minister, Dan Etete, was based on the direct advice of Mr. Adoke and the Minister of State for finance, Yerima Ngama, in a deal secretly orchestrated a day before Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was to resume official duties.

Now that the deal has gone awry, and federal legislators are fuming, Mr. Adoke, apparently smelling a nasty dogfight, dispatched an official July 19 letter to the lawmakers twisting the whole facts of the case, and standing the truth of the Malabu deal on its head.

A keen review of Mr. Adoke’s letter reveal a disturbing pattern of distortion of truth, a most recent example being his press statement of May 27, in which the minister resorted to evident factual distortion as reported by PREMIUM TIMES, In that May 27 instance, as in this July example again, Mr. Adoke’s sole aim was self-preservation, and a frantic attempt to exonerate himself from any complicity in the deal.

Hiding information
A major contention in the anticipated probe by federal lawmakers is whether the Jonathan administration was aware of embedded layers of criminality in the Malabu deal. A tell-tale link to any such criminality will be whether federal authorities were aware of third party interests in Malabu’s claim to the OPL 245.
Mr. Adoke, PREMIUM TIMES investigations show, envisions therefore that the way to temper lawmakers anger is go for a fat, big, lie, and engage in a fuzzy rendition of the facts of the case.

“At all times material to the resolution of the dispute, the federal government was not aware of any subsisting third party interest in Malabu’s claim to OPL 245 and neither did any person or company apply to be joined in the negotiations as an interested party” Mr. Adoke stated in paragraph 13 of his statement to the House Committee, a statement which, as PREMIUM TIMES found out, was a blatant lie, and a design to mislead legislative investigators.

Based on official records available to PREMIUM TIMES, not only was Mr. Adoke directly aware of third party interests in Malabu, he was also aware of the dispute over the ownership of Malabu, and the alleged criminality carried out by the same people Mr. Adoke was dealing with.
A tissue of lies
When the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, Mohammed Adoke, resumed work on Tuesday, May 24, 2011, he was handed a letter received on his behalf by his aides.
The letter, dated same day, and titled “Unauthorised alterations of Malabu Oil and Gas Limited Ownership Structure,” was signed by Abdullahi Haruna, a principal solicitor at a law firm, Onekutu, Haruna and Co.
In the letter, Mr. Adoke was clearly told that the people with whom he signed an agreement on April 29 were fraudsters who had manipulated and falsified company records with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
In the letter, Mr. Haruna briefed Mr. Adoke of the history of Malabu and the criminalities of Dan Etete, the man who represented Malabu in meetings with the Justice Minister.
“We humbly request that the Honourable Attorney General intervene in these negotiations and prevent the conclusion of the transaction on the basis of fraudulent misrepresentation,” Mr. Adoke was told.
Though Mr. Adoke had signed a tripartite agreement, on April 26, that would see the Federal Government pay Mr. Etete’s Malabu $1.1 billon, the money was yet to be paid.In fact, the money was not paid into Malabu’s account until about three months after Mr. Adoke received the letter warning him of the fraudulent representations and criminalities of Malabu.
Prior to that, Mr. Adoke had met severally with representatives of Pecos Energy Limited and Mohammed Sani (Abacha), both of whom accused Mr. Etete of criminality and had gone to both the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the Federal High Court, and the CAC to accuse Mr. Etete of forgery.
“He could have stopped the payment. As Attorney General, he could have ordered an immediate investigation into the false representation and falsification by Etete. Adoke chose not to, for his own personal gains,” a source, present at some of the meetings, told PREMIUM TIMES.

We are aware of the fraud
Knee-deep in the scandal now, and still claiming ignorance of possible criminality, Mr. Adoke merely holds firm to his slippery poles. However, a federal agency [The Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, which is responsible for company registrations in the country] on which one of Mr. Adoke’s aides seats on the board, as a board member says it is aware of the fraud that the Attorney General denies.PREMIUM TIMES had exclusively revealed how a lawyer, Rasky Gbinigie, acting under the orders of Mr. Etete, allegedly fraudulently manipulated Malabu records at the CAC In its own statement to the House Committee, the CAC said it was informed by the EFCC that “the affairs of the company (Malabu) were being investigated, and that the CAC had “decided to place the file on caveat.”

The Corporate Affairs Commission also confirmed that it received another petition from Mr. Sani in 2008 alleging the fraud in the Malabu registration papers. It again confirmed that it was aware that there was a suit at the Federal High Court on the falsification of Malabu papers. The suit was filed in 2010 by Mr. Sani.The CAC said, in its statement signed by its Registrar General, Tijani Tumsah, that for this reasons, “it placed further restriction on the company’s (Malabu’s) file.”A curious twist by the commission, however, was its statement to lawmakers that “the original incorporation documents of the company (Malabu) and some of the filings made immediately thereafter got missing in the commission around 1999/2000 and all efforts to trace the same proved abortive.”Mr. Adoke was fully aware of the CAC’s actions on Malabu as he has a representative on the governing board of the commission.Yet he told the lawmakers that the Federal Government was not aware of “third party interests.”
Even the EFCC is aware. In its own presentation to lawmakers, the EFCC, which had in 2007 written to CAC that it was investigating the fraud in Malabu, said it received a petition on behalf of Pecos and Mr. Sani in February 2012, and had carried out preliminary investigations.In that interim finding, the commission stated that the Malabu registrations “show a suspicious variance strongly indicative of forgery of the documents submitted to the Corporate Affairs Commission.”
The EFCC’s official statement, secured exclusively by PREMIUM TIMES, also confirm its earlier in-house interim report on Malabu, which was submitted to President Goodluck Jonathan, and which established a criminal case of forgery against Mr. Etete over Malabu. PREMIUM TIMES had exclusively reported this aspect of the unfolding Malabu scandal in
The commission also confirmed the controversial money transfers to the Etete’s Malabu accounts as stated in our earlier reports.

The EFCC however refused to disclose its full investigations to the lawmakers.
“Our investigation into this case is not yet concluded and any position paper from the commission at this stage would be pre-judicial to our ongoing investigation,” the commission in a statement by its Executive Chairman, Ibrahim Lamorde, said.Mr. Adoke, by virtue of his position, is also on the board of the EFCC.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/104351-adoke-lies-to-lawmakers-on-malabu.html
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:44am On May 02, 2013
The Malibu Oil imbroglio

The Federal Government's avowed commitment to the war against graft may have suffered a setback following the alleged scandal involving some key government officials in the handling of the disputed oil bloc, OPL 245, between Malabu Oil and Gas Limited (Malabu) and Shell Nigeria Ultra Deep Limited (SNUD).

A United States-based anti-corruption Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Global Witness, had in its recent report entitled "Shell obscure payments kill its case for weak US and EU transparency laws" alleged that Nigerian subsidiaries of both Shell and ENI agreed to pay $1.092 billion, about N155 billion, to the Federal Government for oil bloc OPL 245.

The report also alleged that the Federal Government paid the entire N155 billion to Malabu Oil and Gas, a company owned by a former oil minister.

Also, an online news medium, Premium Times, recently reported that the money was paid on the order of President Goodluck Jonathan. The report further alleged that the money was a slush fund, "with a huge chunk of it ending in bank accounts of cronies and business associates of government officials," a process described by experts as round-tripping.

Following the public outcry the scandal has generated and the call by civil society groups for proper investigation, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, in a statement, exonerated government officials of round-tripping in respect of the N155 billion Malabu oil deal.

Adoke explained that Malabu was allocated OPL 245 in April, 1998 and it appointed SNUD as its Technical Partner and the two companies executed a Joint Operation Agreement in 2001. Records indicate that SNUD took 40 % participating interests in the venture in a farm-in-agreement and also signed agreement with Malabu and its technical partner for the venture.

However, Malabu's licence was revoked on July 2, 2001. Exxon-Mobil and Shell were invited in April 2002 to bid for OPL 245 despite a subsisting contractual agreement between Malabu and SNUD for the oil bloc. This development did not go down well with Malabu, which petitioned the House of Representatives Committee on Petroleum to look into the matter.

The committee having found no rational basis for the revocation, reprimanded Shell for its complicity and directed the government to withdraw the re-award it made to Shell and return OPL 245 to Malabu, the original allotee of the bloc.

Court actions instituted by Malabu at Federal High Court Abuja in 2003 to enforce its claim of OPL 245 and an Appeal it lodged at the Court of Appeal in 2006 could not resolve the matter. An amicable settlement entered between Malabu and the Federal Government and the other parties on November 30, 2006, which fully restored OPL 245 to Malabu in consideration of its withdrawal of the Appeal, could not stand either.

Not satisfied with the deal, SNUD commenced arbitral proceedings against the settlement at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes in Washington DC and also instituted a suit against the government at Federal High Court, Abuja.

After series of mediations between the parties and the government, it was resolved on April 29, 2011 that SNUD and ENI pay Malabu through the Federal Government, which acted as an obligator, the sum of $1.092 billion in respect of the oil bloc, while Malabu consented to the re-allocation of the oil bloc to Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited (NAE) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCO).

We condemn the way and manner this matter was handled by the government and demand for a high-powered public probe into the alleged malfeasance. Government's belated explanation on the matter is curious and not tidy enough. The matter has degenerated to controversy that the explanation by one party to the case would not be enough to establish the truth.

The accusation and counter accusations that had trailed this matter have muddled up a lot of things. Therefore, the only way to unearth what actually transpired is for the government to institute a public probe on the matter. As it is now, Nigerians need more disclosures and more explanations on the issue from all the concerned parties.

Moreover, the way the money realized from the sale of the OPL 245 was handled contravenes constitutional provision on handling of public revenue. For example, Section 162 (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria stipulates that "the Federation shall maintain a special account to be called "the Federation Account" into which shall be paid all revenues collected by the Government of the Federation...."

Subsection 3 of the same section clearly states that "any amount standing to the credit of the Federation Account shall be distributed among the Federal and State Governments and the local government councils in each State on such terms and in such manner as may be prescribed by the National Assembly." This constitutional provision was not respected in this instant case.

Let this matter be investigated and all those found culpable should be prosecuted in accordance with the laws of the land.

The Sun Newspaper Editorial
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:47am On May 02, 2013
The Malabu oil scandal

THERE has been no let up in the harvest of corruption scandals dogging the Goodluck Jonathan Presidency. The latest, discomfortingly, leads right to the doorstep of the Presidency whose authorisation of payment in a controversial oil block deal has once more splattered the nation’s image with mud. Along with the pending oil subsidy fraud and the multi-billion naira pension scam, the $1.1billion Malabu Oil and Gas scandal should not be swept under the carpet.

Details of the deal are still murky and will require the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to swing into action immediately to unravel the opaque transaction. News of the deal was broken a few weeks ago by online news sites that revealed how two oil majors – Shell and Eni – agreed to pay $1.09 billion for a once fiercely contested oil block – OPL 245 – only for the Federal Government to promptly re-route the money to Malabu Oil and Gas, a company said to have been promoted by a former Petroleum Minister. Global Witness, an American anti-corruption non-governmental organisation, said the over $1 billion paid by the Nigerian subsidiaries of Shell and Eni to the government found its way, first, into Malabu’s vaults, with, according to Premium Times, an online site, “a huge chunk of it ending (up) in the bank accounts of cronies and associates of government officials.”

Nigerians deserve more detailed explanations on why the Federal Government allegedly authorised the release of the funds and how this served the nation’s interest. Is it true, as alleged by Global Witness, that Jonathan instructed the Minister of State for Finance, Yerima Ngama, and the Attorney-General of the Federation, Muhammed Adoke, to pay the money to Malabu?

An attempt by Adoke to explain away the scandal has left some posers unanswered. If, as he claimed in public notices in some newspapers, the government only acted as an honest broker, a “mere facilitator of an amicable settlement between two disputing parties over a long-standing dispute”, why was the entire transaction shrouded in mystery? But for the NGO and online blogs, neither the parliamentary committees charged with the oversight of the oil and gas industry nor the public would have known about it. The secrecy is suspicious. The AGF also did not explain if the Finance Minster, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was privy to the transaction and why it was the junior minister who was asked to release the funds to Malabu and not her. And was the money sent, as demanded by law, first, to the Federation Account?

Jonathan, who comes across as a President who does not receive sound advice, should have trod cautiously instead of plunging into the Malabu saga which his predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua, adroitly side-stepped. A key promoter of Malabu was reportedly indicted on money laundering charges in France in 2007 and fined, a finding that was confirmed on appeal in 2009. He has also been named in the long-running Halliburton bribe saga as a possible beneficiary of sleaze money. OPL 245 was awarded to Malabu in 1998 but was revoked by the Federal Government in 2001 after faulting the award process before re-allocating it to Shell in 2002. Then followed a series of litigation in Nigerian, European and American courts involving Malabu, its partners and the Federal Government, some of which are still ongoing. A transaction as murky as this should have informed the President to be very circumspect before plunging into the fray.

Nigeria should not continue to be a byword for corruption, especially in the oil and gas sector, the nation’s cash cow. Already, the global community has given up on the possibility of transparency in the industry after interminable delays in passing the Petroleum Industry Bill that, in its original form, had promised to open up a sector notorious for opaqueness and graft. The watered-down version now favoured by the government only promises more of the same secrecy and graft in the industry.

Jonathan must do more to clear the Presidency of any wrongdoing in this saga. If he has, as usual, been fed the wrong advice by his officials, he has only himself to blame for the quality of his appointees. He should immediately order an investigation into the allegation that part of the fund has gone, not to genuine third party claimants, but to persons and firms close to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

The President should realise that, under his watch, corruption has reached an unprecedented height and, as such, he should drop his leisurely approach to transparency in public office. When officials siphon N2 trillion in one year for a dubious fuel subsidy scheme, civil servants steal billions in pension funds, external reserves remain low at a time of high oil export earnings and allegedly corrupt ex-officials strut in public, any government worth its salt knows it is time to rev up the anti-corruption war.

The National Assembly should get to the root of this transaction and quickly pass the PIB in its original form. It should also not relent until it unravels all the facts of Malabugate.

The Punch Editorial
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:47am On May 02, 2013
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/104351-adoke-lies-to-lawmakers-on-malabu.html[/quote]

This article, a concotion of lies was writen 8 months ago. we are yet to see the house substanciate any of the claims
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:51am On May 02, 2013
Oxford, take your pen and write this down:

When a reporter or Newspaper maligns or carries a news item with intention to defame you, you don't treat it with levity calling it Tinubu Newspaper or Yoruba Press. You ask such organisation to retract the story failure of which you sue for defamation or damages. Grumbling or threatening hell would not turn truth to tissue of lies.
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 4:59am On May 02, 2013
Prof Corruption: Oxford, take your pen and write this down:

When a reporter or Newspaper maligns or carries a news item with intention to defame you, you don't treat it with levity calling it Tinubu Newspaper or Yoruba Press. You ask such organisation to retract the story failure of which you sue for defamation or damages. Grumbling or threatening hell would not turn truth to tissue of lies.

That is what GEJ is doing to Leadership and Tinubu and his cohorts are calling it attack on freedom of speech
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 5:06am On May 02, 2013
oxford:

That is what GEJ is doing to Leadership and Tinubu and his cohorts are calling it attack on freedom of speech

Good, until such steps are taken against The Punch, The Guardian, The Sun, The Nation, Premium Times and indeed all newspapers that reported and ran scathing editorials on the Malabu Oil Scandal, the story stands and your oga at the top is irredeemably corrupt.
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 5:21am On May 02, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Good, until such steps are taken against The Punch, The Guardian, The Sun, The Nation, Premium Times and indeed all newspapers that reported and ran scathing editorials on the Malabu Oil Scandal, the story stands and your oga at the top is irredeemably corrupt.

Just show me one line in your lenghty copy and paste post where GEJ was said to have aided gratification in any form. You see those that write such falacy can only decieve light headed people. An authentic publication is very easy to discern. It is devoid of the writers opinion, it is fact based.
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 5:32am On May 02, 2013
oxford:

Just show me one line in your lenghty copy and paste post where GEJ was said to have aided gratification in any form. You see those that write such falacy can only decieve light headed people. An authentic publication is very easy to discern. It is devoid of the writers opinion, it is fact based.

Ha ha ha, are you not a light headed fellow now? If the government of GEJ is accused of facilitating serious criminal corruption and the AGF is in the eye of the storm with allegation flying up and down that GEJ received his share by proxy, serious criminal allegation and you trivialize it as opinion writing, not fact based? What almost all dailies ran critical editorials on?

No wonder your oga at the top continues to disgrace Nigeria with his unpresidential conduct in and out of the country.
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 5:42am On May 02, 2013
How President Jonathan, Ministers And Cronies Shared N155 Billion From Malabu Oil Block Sale Scam-PREMIUM TIMES

The presidency, his associates and some ministers have been named in a monumental money laundering scandal, one of the most elaborate in Nigeria's history.

PREMIUM TIMES can reveal today that the N155billion secretly paid to convicted money launderer, Dan Etete, by the Federal Government, on the orders of President Goodluck Jonathan, was actually a slush fund, with a huge chunk of it ending in bank accounts of cronies and business associates of government officials and at least one individual with links to Mr. Jonathan.

Our investigation also indicates that in order to cover up what is clearly one of the most elaborate corruption schemes in Nigeria’s history, the president tapped the junior minister in the finance ministry, Yerima Ngama, and Attorney General Mohammed Adoke to hurriedly transfer the funds to Mr. Etete on August 16, 2011, a day before the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, assumed office.

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala was not available Friday to comment on her knowledge of the transaction. Her spokesperson, Paul Nwabuikwu, said she was away in Zimbabwe on an official engagement.

This website had on Monday reported how the Nigerian subsidiaries of two multinational oil companies Nigeria Agip Exploration Limited (Agip) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (Shell) paid $1.1billion (N155billion) to the Federal Government in April last year for onward transmission to Malabu Oil whose principal is Mr. Etete.

Our subsequent investigations later showed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had indeed investigated the deal, concluding that the transaction pointed at a “cloudy scene associated with fraudulent dealings.”

The EFCC investigation also clearly established that Mr. Etete’s Malabu only served as a money laundering machine, as substantial parts of the funds was later transferred to various accounts owned by “real and artificial persons” suspected to have links with the presidency and other government officials.

Presidency sources familiar with the matter say the EFCC intimated President Jonathan and Mr. Adoke of its findings.

“But I can tell you that the investigation has suffered a setback since the presidency got wind of it,” one of our sources said. “There is high-level complicity in the deal and there is therefore high-level cover up. The report is gathering dust on the president’s desk.”

Mr. Jonathan’s spokesperson, Reuben Abati, could not be reached on his mobile telephones to comment for this story Friday. And so also was Mr. Adoke. Mr. Ngama did not return calls to his mobile telephone.

Relying on court papers in the United States (where some consultants have sued Malabo for breach of contract), checks at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and on its own investigations, the EFCC established that “a prima facie case of conspiracy, breach of trust, theft and money laundering can be established against some real and artificial persons.”

The beneficiaries

At the heart of this brazen theft of public funds is one Abubakar Aliyu, a man whom top presidency and EFCC sources described as “Mr. Corruption” and who has very close business ties with Diepreiye Alamiesegha, convicted former governor of Bayelsa state.

Mr. Alamiesegha, the self-styled governor-general of the Ijaw nation, is the man who picked Mr. Jonathan as his running mate in the 1999 governorship election in Bayelsa state and whom Mr. Jonathan succeeded in office after the former was impeached over corruption charges.

The disgraced former governor played a major role in Mr. Jonathan’s election last year, serving as both an adviser and a top campaign official.

Mr. Aliyu, through companies co-owned by him, received direct payments of $523mn (N81bn) from the largesse. Investigators believe that the businessman, introduced to the president by Mr. Alamieyeseigha, was Mr. Jonathan’s front in the transaction.

Mr. Aliyu is however not new to corrupt deals. One of his companies was recently found to be involved in a shady deal which involved the buying of a landed property from a government agency (NITEL) for N1billion and then reselling the same property to another government agency (CBN) for N21billion.

He allegedly used his links with late President Musa Yar’Adua and President Jonathan to broker the deals, and then reportedly paid kickbacks to some government officials.

Mr. Adoke, the current Justice Minister was named in that deal too just as sources believe he played a major role in the sharing of the N155billion largesse.

Sharing the money

On August 16, 2011, Mr. Adoke and the Minister of State for Finance, Yerima Ngama, coordinated the payment of a first tranche of $401.5million (N60billion) into a First Bank account 2018288005 belonging to Malabu.

Another $400millionn (N60billion) was, based on the duo’s instructions, transferred into a Malabu Bank PHB (now Keystone bank) account 3610042472 from a Nigerian government account with JP Morgan International Bank. The balance of the funds was reportedly lodged into Mr. Etete’s account with Zenith Bank.

Immediately Malabu received the money, the distribution began. Rocky Top Resources Limited, co-owned by Mr. Aliyu received $336 million (N50bn) from the Malabu Keystone Bank deposit. Other companies that got money from the Malabu curious transfers include A-Group Construction Company, also co-owned by Mr. Aliyu. It received $157mn (N24bn), while Novel Property and Development Limited, also co-owned by Mr. Aliyu got $30 million (N4.5bn).

Companies not linked to Mr. Aliyu but got money from Malabu include Mega Tech Engr Co. Ltd, which received $180 million (N27bn) and Imperial Union Limited, $34million (N5.1bn).

Sources say these companies, like Mr. Aliyu’s, simply acted as fronts for political office holders, who helped to facilitate the transfer, as they have no basis to receive such huge sums of money from Malabu. The EFCC has also not identified what task these companies performed to deserve the payments.

“Reasons for this payment is yet to be ascertained,” the commission said.

Long before the largesse was shared however, Malabu had become a company renowned for shady deals.

A history of fraud

According to investigators, through “conspiracy, forgery, uttering forged document, criminal misappropriation and money laundering,” Mr. Etete and Malabu Oil had been involved in illegalities since its formation.

Formed on April 24, 1998, Malabu Oil had three shareholders: Mohammed Sani (Abacha, son of late military dictator Sani Abacha), Kweku Amafagha (who was representing Dan Etete on the board), and Hassan Hindu (representing her husband, Hassan Lawal, a former Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK). Mr. Sani owned 10 million of the 20 million shares in the company; Mr. Etete six million and Mr. Hassan, four million.

Five days after the company was formed and registered at the CAC, it got two oil blocks awarded to it by the then military government: OPL 245 and OPL 214.

Mr. Etete was petroleum minister at the time.

Controversy however trailed the oil blocks as President Olusegun Obasanjo, in 2001, revoked the allocations, giving OPL 245 to Shell.

After several court cases in Nigeria and overseas between Malabu, Shell, and the Federal Government, the oil blocks were re-awarded to Malabu in 2010.

Scheming out Abacha

Following a secret resolution on the oil block with the Federal Government, Mr. Etete decided to edge out Mr. Abacha from the ownership of Malabu. It is not clear if this is one of the conditions the Federal Government gave to Mr. Etete during the negotiations.

However at an extraordinary general meeting of Malabu on June 9, 2010, Mr. Abacha and a company related to him, Pecos Energy, were removed as shareholders of Malabu. The new owners (believed to be fronts for Mr. Etete) became Munamuma Seidougha and Amaran Joseph, both of whom had 10 million shares each.

These changes, the EFCC stated “gave rise to a lot of moral and ethical question that can necessitate an objective and full blown investigation into the matter.”

Mr. Abacha however fought back fiercely. Sensing that he had been schemed out and aware that Mr. Etete was already negotiating with Shell and Agip, he decided to act.

The Shell, Agip, FG, Etete conspiracy

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Ednan Agaev, an international counsel hired by Malabu told the Supreme Court of New York in an affidavit that he was appointed by Malabu to find an investor for OPL245.

“One John Coplestone of SHELL, a party to the negotiation informed him that Mohammed Sani (Abacha) is laying claim over OPL 245,” the EFCC stated. An AGIP official also told Mr. Agaev that “in view of the new claim by Mohammed Sani (Abacha), a direct deal with Malabu would not be possible.”

Mr. Agaev then informed Mr. Etete of the new development and suggested a way out.

To put off Mr. Sani (Abacha) from realizing his claim, “The FGN (should) take back the oil block from Malabu, transfer the rights to ENI AGIP/Shell and pay Malabu a compensation from the payments made by ENI AGIP and Shell,”

The oil companies agreed accepted the proposal. “By the end of March 2011, the FGN seemed to have acted with the suggestion,” the EFCC said.

This new evidence gathered by the EFCC contradicts the claims of Shell, who through its spokesman, Precious Okolobo, denied knowing that Malabu was to be the recipient of its payment.

“Shell was not aware that that money was to be paid to Malabu,” Mr. Okolobo had told PREMIUM TIMES.

The journalist who penned this report is as free as air. Nobody has written him to retract his story and no litigation has been brought against him or Premium Times. His name is Idris Akinbajo.
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 5:44am On May 02, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Ha ha ha, are you not a light headed fellow now? If the government of GEJ is accused of facilitating serious criminal corruption and the AGF is in the eye of the storm with allegation flying up and down that GEJ received his share by proxy, serious criminal allegation and you trivialize it as opinion writing, not fact based? What almost all dailies ran critical editorials on?

No wonder your oga at the top continues to disgrace Nigeria with his unpresidential conduct in and out of the country.

Mere allegation. Proofs is all am asking for. Am still waiting for the report of the various investigative committees. By the way, that is not the issues I raised on my post. By trying to derail this thread, you only been clever by half. Am about abuses, name calling and the general negative perception about GEJ. And my point is that non is PERFORMANCE BASED. I dont care what you think abot GEJ, so long as he is fixing electricity, reforming electoral processes, improving infrastures, building new universities, he is my man
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 5:44am On May 02, 2013
Oxford, You wanna spin that?
Re: The Sins Of Gej - I by Nobody: 5:48am On May 02, 2013
oxford:

Mere allegation. Proofs is all am asking for. Am still waiting for the report of the various investigative committees. By the way, that is not the issues I raised on my post. By trying to derail this thread, you only been clever by half. Am about abuses, name calling and the general negative perception about GEJ. And my point is that non is PERFORMANCE BASED. I dont care what you think abot GEJ, so long as he is fixing electricity, reforming electoral processes, improving infrastures, building new universities, he is my man

If you agree that GEJ is corrupt, I would be glad to move into any areas of your choice up for discussion. There is nothing like mere allegation. Investigative committee to investigate what exactly? That there was no Malabu Scam? That GEJ did not get his share? Talk another thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stranded Boko Haram Members Eat Themselves In Forest!! / Syria Threatens To Bomb Jordan, Israel, Turkey If Attacked. / Must Read: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From A Single NSCDC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.