Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

What Is The Problem Of Nigerians With Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Problem Of Nigerians With Religion (628 Views)

The Problem With Religion, Including Science. / The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Problem Of Nigerians With Religion by ayobarmy(m): 6:26pm On May 02, 2013
I must confess, I am tired of hearing all the problems that religion, as brought to us as a nation, and as individuals, becuz i cant imagine when, you will work for some1, and just because he does'nt like the kind of church, u attend, watever you do, then became nonsence to him, but if his church members do the samething, he will simply applaud them. Same thing is happening to me right now, simply becuz my director wants me to leave my church (ccc)... I am now the worst staff @ the office, he simply find fault in everything i do. Like what happened this morning, I was praying @ our morning devotion, just because he saw me put my hands inside my pocket while praying, instead of him correcting me normally, he started saying all sort of annoying words, that i can't even write here, and make everybody to see me as an unbeliever... And we say'we all serve the same God' and yet if someone leaves his/her church for another, they will still tell you to go for baptism again,even after u have been baptised in ur former church,... Moreso, how can some people just wake up one day, all in the name of religion started bombing their fellow men,.... Pls nairalanders i want you to pls contribute to this matter, and if possible share your experience concerning this issue to others can learn, and I also need your advice on our to be free from my director that has branded me an unbeliever just because he does'nt like my church( celestial church of christ)...... Thanks and God bless you all in Jesus Name....
Re: What Is The Problem Of Nigerians With Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:29pm On May 02, 2013
The problem of Nigerians with Religion is that Religion is the problem with Nigerians
Re: What Is The Problem Of Nigerians With Religion by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 02, 2013
Good evening Ayo,

Now hold your 'horses laddy'...let's review your post as objectively as possible...

ayobarmy: I must confess, I am tired of hearing all the problems that religion, as brought to us as a nation, and as individuals,

Okay you have an ish with religion...let's see why and whether your ish with religion is appropriate.

ayobarmy:
becuz i cant imagine when, you will work for some1, and just because he does'nt like the kind of church, u attend, watever you do, then became nonsence to him, but if his church members do the samething, he will simply applaud them.

Now if an individual does the above, would it be appropriate to attribute this ish to religion or the individual in question? The question here is: did the individual's religion permit him or her to do the above? At least I know that Christianity frowns against the above.

ayobarmy:
Same thing is happening to me right now, simply becuz my director wants me to leave my church (ccc)... I am now the worst staff @ the office, he simply find fault in everything i do. Like what happened this morning, I was praying @ our morning devotion, just because he saw me put my hands inside my pocket while praying, instead of him correcting me normally, he started saying all sort of annoying words, that i can't even write here, and make everybody to see me as an unbeliever... And we say'we all serve the same God' and yet if someone leaves his/her church for another, they will still tell you to go for baptism again,even after u have been baptised in ur former church,...

I am truly sorry that you had to go through all that from your boss...as an individual I don't consider it appropriate to make every employee come out at certain periods to pray...prayer should be a personal thing. Don't get me wrong, prayer is good but everyone should be left to determine their prayer time...

If an individual say, he is a boss of another and does not respect the individuals rights to say NO to prayer when the individual wants to then that boss is terrible and is not being a good Christian...this still is an individual ish, not an ish of religion.

ayobarmy:
Moreso, how can some people just wake up one day, all in the name of religion started bombing their fellow men,.... Pls nairalanders i want you to pls contribute to this matter, and if possible share your experience concerning this issue to others can learn, and I also need your advice on our to be free from my director that has branded me an unbeliever just because he does'nt like my church( celestial church of christ)...... Thanks and God bless you all in Jesus Name....

I have been a victim of Bokoharam...I lost an Uncle to the Bokoharam menace...for more on this, you can see: https://www.nairaland.com/1147736/does-quran-permit-suicide#13628629 despite this ish, I know that the problem is not necessarily religion but those who use religion for their selfish motive...

With respect to the advice you sought...I do not know if your company is a large one (it sounds like a one man business), if indeed it is large then your problem is half solved...all you might need to do is be at the top of your game and if you can, get a transfer to another unit...you can also make use of some 'tools of reporting' your company might have in resolving personal ish like the one you are experiencing....

If the company is a SME (Small or Medium sized Enterprise) where the individual in question is the owner, I will advice that you still be at the top of your game, make your self relevant to the operation of the company that they will beg you to stay if you decide to leave...continue developing yourself personally and also seek employment in some other company.

I wish you the very best man!
Re: What Is The Problem Of Nigerians With Religion by ayobarmy(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2013
@striktlymi, I must say, I appreciate every bit of all you have said, but i do not have any ish with religion, the company is just a one man business, a printing press to be preciece, and as for your brother, may the good Lord grant ur family the strenght to bear this lost, and u shall never experience such again IJN.... Pls accept my condolence...... I will make use of the advise you have given me.... God bless you....
Re: What Is The Problem Of Nigerians With Religion by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 02, 2013
ayobarmy: @striktlymi, I must say, I appreciate every bit of all you have said, but i do not have any ish with religion, the company is just a one man business, a printing press to be preciece, and as for your brother, may the good Lord grant ur family the strenght to bear this lost, and u shall never experience such again IJN.... Pls accept my condolence...... I will make use of the advise you have given me.... God bless you....

Thank you very much for the prayers.

(1) (Reply)

You Africans Have Been Had, Bamboozled Hoodwinked Ganked And Usurped / Our Current Location In The Book Of REVELATION / Rapture And End Time Occurrences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.