Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Purpose: Anointed To Influence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purpose: Anointed To Influence (458 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Purpose: Anointed To Influence by SonofIssachar: 5:38am On May 03, 2013
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus. – Acts 4:13

One of the reasons Jesus came to earth was to model the ideal life to us, with the aim of influencing us to live rightly and maximally. He came to help us to see how we can live a godly, holy, righteous and pure life and still be successful. Through His personal examples and teachings, He showed us how to operate and conduct ourselves in various circumstances.

He also modelled affection, care, kindness, compassion, boldness, justice, perspective, tact, discipline, work ethics, relationships, how to pray, how and when to speak, as well as personal and social responsibility, among other things, to us. You should make it an obligation to read the gospels of Matthew to John to have a firsthand knowledge of Jesus’ way of life. After that, you can proceed to read from the book of Acts to Revelation. This will further entrench your knowledge of the Lord and enhance your relationship with Him.

From the passage above, we see that at whatever level Jesus met you, He is bound to leave you a better person than you were. Peter and John met Him as “uneducated and untrained men,” but he left them a bold and articulate pair. Peter was particularly shifty and garrulous; two attributes that are not becoming of a leader. But, by the time Jesus was done with Him, he was an embodiment of wisdom, calmness and grace. Paul met Jesus as a learned, but vitriolic young man; but he became enlightened and purposeful, without losing his trademark passion, only having it redirected in the right course. He was learned, but not enlightened; he had zeal, but for the wrong cause. He later wrote: “Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1).

Jesus is a game-changer any day. And He didn’t want us to imbibe His spirit alone; He also desires that we are living examples of the finest ideals wherever we are.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

(1) (Reply)

An Atheist Then A Religious Hypocrite, Now A Lover Of Christ / LASG Rejects Hijab In Public Schools / Look Away From Yourself Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.