Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:57 PM

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean (74644 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by ibnuusamah: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2013
valboy20:

young man you don't bloody know what you're saying.

you and emmikem who first use unlimited

what's this unlimited thing all about?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Gerrie(m): 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
ibnuusamah:

what's this unlimited thing all about?

Ask me, ask them!
Do they even understand its algorithm?
Just following... Mtchew...

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by ibnuusamah: 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
yehmy: Step to follow do not install any app on ur fone yet, nw open ur link2sd create mount den unthick all d box in d settings of ur link2sd u cn leave d fast scroll option if u like, nw restart ur fone manually by removing d ba3 nd putting it back den start up ur fone.
open Root Explorer goto data open den goto sdext2 delete everyting inside.
Exit root explorer open it back goto data MOVE App, Dalvik-cache nd Data MOVE them to sdext2.
Now inside sdext2 long press App options will pop up nw scroll to link to folder nw link it inside data that's where u move dem frm. perform dis for oda files Dalvik-cache nd data.
Now restart ur fone nd goto settings on ur fone nd goto Application den goto Preffered install location choose INTERNAL start installing apps.
NOTE- Some apps will still b save on sd card dnt bother abt dem nd dnt move dem to fone memory. and if u want to un-install apps use link2sd to un-install all d apps u want 2 un-install
After installing apps always restart ur fone for better performance.

i will try this this simple method of your,, it is basic enough. Thanks for mentioning rebooting mamually. i av tried rebooting from recovery brfore and that made me to lose root acess, and i had to root my phone again. This is worth giving a trial.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Gerrie(m): 10:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
Anyway gingerbean final is simply outstanding.
I've applied all memory boosting tricks incl elegale's xclusiv method as well as the modified adaptations but lagging had remained persistent. Had to reformat it yesterday after a crash. I decided to tyr something that i have been itching to do since elegale's enlightenment.
Did all about elegale just that i did act on only the app and dalvik cache folders exclusively. Results? Faster booting time with same no of apps as b4 and no noticeable lagging effects . Increased consumption of internal memory but neva to disturbing level, due to untouched data folder. But all the same i am extremely contended.
Thanks 2 elegale xanders et al

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 12:07am On Jun 06, 2013
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Gerrie(m): 12:16am On Jun 06, 2013
yehmy:
We've also used dt method tested nd trusted buh d data sumhw still consume sha tho nt much dts y we had a fix of it by moving d 3 folder i mentioned nd link dem bak.

K
(Noted)
Thought as much when i saw same posted
However must now that the left over folder ie app private is virtually and actually empty and as such has had little or no effect on our outcomes hence my satisfaction to let the data folder be.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by LEGEND7466(m): 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
WITH ALL BEING SAID AND DONE.....DOES THIS CUSTOM ROM ALLOW US TO PORT ICS AND MAYBE JB COMPATIBLE APPS ON TN3
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 6:09am On Jun 07, 2013
DISCLAIMER: BY DOWNLOADING ANY OF THE FILES LISTED HEREIN, YOU HAVE ACCEPTED NOT TO HOLD XANDERZ, LEXSOLUTIONS, OR ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATES RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE THAT MIGHT COME AS A RESULT OF USAGE ANY OF THESE FILES LISTED BELOW, THAT YOU AS AN ADULT ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

GINGER-BEAN AURORA!
k....so i said 9th June in the last post, but things worked better than I had envisaged.
here you have it, Ginger-bean Aurora.

A few brief comments from Ginger-bean Architect, xanderz:
[b]Over a month ago, when I first started the Ginger-bean project, I had a vision of what I believed should be the custom rom
for our Tecno android, Ginger-bean RPM, a good rom, adding pre-shell root allowing for full modifications by the user, for the first time Tecno N3 users could experience what it really means to be a "superuser";
Albeit, this fell far short of my expectations, because I could see this machine could do more. hence, the need for other releases, gingerbean_v1.0, gingerbean_v3.0 (full init.d support), and gingerbean_final (Actual 4.0 cosmetics). the aim wasnt yet met, target not yet achieved, which was to bring to the tecno N3 the three main essential features of a Clockworkmod recovery enabled device; such as init.d support, mount ext2 partition, easy disaster recovery (system restoring and backup) which are the reasons why xda-developer koush made the recovery in the first place.
Now, I present the Aurora, which isnt everything I have in mind, however, I can gladly say it comes closest.
Hope you enjoy AURORA.
signed
xanderz
PS: REMEMBER IF YOU LIKE THE ROM TO SAY THANKS AND DONATE. grin MANY THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DONATED LASTIME

[/b]
To all newbies, devs etc
READ TUTORIAL PROPERLY FIRST: DOWNLOAD HERE: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VWjh6MWJwVGJqSXM/edit?usp=sharing

Tutorial Screenshots : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VcEJTNFpMdUpTQTQ/edit?usp=sharing

DOWNLOAD 7ZIP ROM FILE (100MB+)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VR3E4ek1vNjJiajA/edit?usp=sharing

[c]DOWNLOAD AIO tools and Tecno N3 ADB drivers:[/b]
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VU0FsWGhBTEs1d0E/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by darea18: 6:31am On Jun 07, 2013
OMG! Here it it
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by darea18: 6:41am On Jun 07, 2013
Hello xanders. Are these file τ̲̅ȍ be downloaded on pc or Tn3? Are there Droid app or pcs?tnx For the great effort
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2013
Good
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by izujorje: 9:37am On Jun 07, 2013
i have install GINGER-BEAN AURORA i notice usb connection to pc is not available...how do get that back...when i connect my usb there is no notification to transfer file between phone and pc...great work though love
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
izujorje: i have install GINGER-BEAN AURORA i notice usb connection to pc is not available...how do get that back...when i connect my usb there is no notification to transfer file between phone and pc...great work though love
Sir, whats the name of the file you flashed?

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 10:22am On Jun 07, 2013
xanders:
Sir, whats the name of the file you flashed?
abeg ooo my adv no dey see my fone pls help me pls?.................. Oga Xander were for lag u dey stay?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2013
abeg oga Xander na next WK I dey go bak to skul plsssssssss
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2013
pators: abeg ooo my adv no dey see my fone pls help me pls?.................. Oga Xander were for lag u dey stay?
Sir, is it adv or ADB?if its ADB, then uninstall what ever drivers u currently hav installed on ur system and download and install the drivers here:
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2013
xanders:
Sir, is it adv or ADB?if its ADB, then uninstall what ever drivers u currently hav installed on ur system and download and install the drivers here:
and am using windows 7 starter DAT came wit d system and it is saying drivers for device not found
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lat4real: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2013
Can I change my launcher?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2013
DAT adb link is not going its saying only d owner can download it
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by omokoaustine(m): 11:20am On Jun 07, 2013
thanks for dis great project team lexsolutionz.. i have loaded dis new gb but my problem is how do i go abt d internal memory issue. should i ysed d system we have been using? or no need
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2013
omokoaustine: thanks for dis great project team lexsolutionz.. i have loaded dis new gb but my problem is how do i go abt d internal memory issue. should i ysed d system we have been using? or no need

No...kindly, download the tutorial file and read thoroughly the internal memory fix section. the method is simple. anyone can do it.

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lat4real: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2013
lat4real: Can I change my launcher?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Emmikem(m): 11:58am On Jun 07, 2013
valboy20:

young man you don't bloody know what you're saying.

you and emmikem who first use unlimited

I shocked ooo
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Gerrie(m): 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
AURORA downloaded
****refreshing myself with a bottle of Star***
**getting ready to flash!!!

weldone 2 my oga @ d top(Xanders) as well as other background crew members of dev house and thread followers like me. grin
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gerrie: AURORA downloaded
****refreshing myself with a bottle of Star***
**getting ready to flash!!!

weldone 2 my oga @ d top(Xanders) as well as other background crew members of dev house and thread followers like me. grin
bros abeg were u dey stay
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
having any issue? this is the read me included in the Aurora post above

[b]GINGERBEAN AURORA READ ME
HELLO ALL, I'M XANDERS,IF YOUR READING THIS THEN IT MEANS YOUVE DOWNLOADED GINGERBEAN AURORA.
CONGRATULATION, ON THAT ACCOUNT.
NOW, DOWNLOADING AURORA IS ONE THIN, SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLING IT SATIFACTORILY IS ANOTHER. ON THAT PREMISE I DECIDED TO EMBARK ON THIS TUTORIAL
TO HELP THOSE REALLY WANTING TO INSTALL GB AURORA BUT DONT KNOW THEIR WAY AROUND DOING SO.
KINDLY FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL STEP BEY STEP, I RECCOMEND READING IT MORE THAN ONCE,
AND I BELIEVE EVENTUALLY YOU'L FIND INSTALLING
CUSTOM ROMS ON YOUR TECNO N3 AND EASY AS WELL AS HITCHFREE TASK.
REGARDS
by XANDERS
for Lexsolutionz

GINGERBEAN AURORA CHANGE LOG:
*disabled internal EMMC
*BOOT ANIMATION ADDED
*INCREASED DALVIK VM HEAP 32MB
*TOUCH SENSITIVITY TWEAK(INCREASED TO 60 CLICK/SEC TOUCH RATE)
*PROCESSOR SCALING TWEAK USING OVERCLOCK WIDGET FOR BATTERY OPTIMIZATION (MAX 420mHZ CLOCK) AND BETTER GAMMING (SET MIN CLOCK AT 600MHZ ) on the fly.
*COSMETIC MAKE OVER USING JELLYBEAN SCHEME
*BETTER MEMORY EFFICIENT LAUNCHER SUPPORTING DRAWER TRANSPERENCY AND TABS
*EXT2 SUPPORT SCRIPT (CREATE sdext2 folder in /data to mount any sdext2 partition)
*google apps 2.3.6
*ICS weather and search widget
*very stable, infact most stable CR (custom rom) in the gingerbean series
*apps added: gmail, walkman, google music player 2, walkman
*Arabic language support

GINGERBEAN AURORA: HOW to install:
1. Download AURORA.7zip form here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VR3E4ek1vNjJiajA/edit?usp=sharing
2. download QUALCOM HSUSB DEVICE DRIVERS_AIO.7zip form here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VU0FsWGhBTEs1d0E/edit?usp=sharing
3. download .net 4.0 (here:- http://www.filehippo.com/download_dotnet_framework_4/)

now follow these steps:
install .net4.0
install AIO
un7zip Aurora.7zip
do a nandroid backp up
and follow the steps below>

**How to flash Qualcomm MTD based Android devices(such as Tecno N3)using AIO flasher:

Firstly, Download AIo flasher, Qualcom HSUSB driver,MS.NET 4.0, Downladed Stock or Custom ROM image file

procedure:
*do a nandroid backup (how? see below)

1. install .NET 4.0
2. install AIO flasher (here:- http://mediafire.com/?75ibx9qa2lqbajr)
3. switch off your android, then while holding the volume dwn button, power on the android, (the android will display "TECNO" and remain there)
4. run AIO flasher
* in the top left most of the AIO windows where its written "fastbt flasher" select system, then click "select file",
click "erase", then click flash
* wait for the bottom "black" windws to display"writing........ OK" before you can unplug the phone

restart phone. NOTE: usually, after flashing first boot takes a while longer so be patient.

................................................................................................
How to do a nandroid backup:
PROCESS FOR NANDROID BACKUP CREATION
required to have: rooted Android device, sdcard with atleast 1gig free space, working internet connection
1. Create a folder in your Sdcard called "clockworkmod" using small letters as shown here (if you dont have one already)
2. DOWNLOAD ONLINE NANDROID BACKUP MAKER. get here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.onnandbup&hl=en
3. RUN ONLINE NANDROID BACKUP MAKER ON YOUR PHONE,
4. update scripts
5. select CWRM or CWM mode or Clockworkmod (depends on your version)
6. start backup
it should take about 20 mins or less

Alternative method with a personal computer
first ensure you enable usb debugging
1. run AIO flasher
2. click on bacup/restore tab
3. click install "Yaff2img"
4. click Nandroid backup
wait for process to complete the use sdcard-reader to copy out folder named "clockworkmod" in sd card
...............................................................................................

*********************************tips and tricks****************************************
Internal memory fix to totally solve memory Issue (guaranteed 170+/- MB free constantly!):
Requirements:
Back up Applications, and SMS using Titanium BKup pro. (how? see below)

1. sdcard partitioned in three parts...fat32, ext2 (not ext3 wont work), and linuxswap
2. stock 3e recovery
3. tecno n3, though this method may work for other androids of same chipset.
procedure:
*install Gingerbean Aurora CR using AIO
*donnot start using phone, boot to recovery
*select reboot system now; your device should d a full wipe and restart
*after phone restarts, go to settings; applications: enable "unknown sources", the scroll down to development and enable "usb debugging"
*exit settings and open superuser; and update binaries
*exit superuser and open root explorer
*in root explorer go to data folder, inside data folder look for a folder names sdext2, if you cant locate it simply create a new folder and name it "sdext2" (note the small letters)
*now, exit root explorer and restart phone
*When your phone has finished restarting, open root explorer and go to the folder data/sdext2, now you should find the contents of your ext2 parition listed
*delete all the contents of the sdext2 folder, any one that refuses to delete just leave alone
*Now, go back once, that is out of the sdext2 folder (i.e. data/),
*now we will move three folders "app" "data" and "dalvik-cache" frm here to sdext2.
hw is that done?
*in that folder, i.e data/, press left button on the n3, and select "multi-select"
only choose "app" "data" and "dalvik-cache"
*click move
*scroll down to sdext2 and select the folder the folder(i.e data/sdext2/)
*click paste
it will take some time, be patient.
*when done you shud have "app" "data" and "dalvik-cache"in your sdext2
note: do not exit root explorer yet...we are not finished
*now, go back once (data/) or click buttom right button
*click buttom left button, in the menu choose "new folder"
* enter the name as "app" without quotes, and click ok
*do the same, and create folders for "data" and "dalvik-cache"
*now, go down to sdext2 again, select it
*long-press or put your finger for a while on "app" folder
in the menu that opens, go to the end and select "link to this folder"
go back once by pressing right button on the n3
* then select "create link here"
* you will be prompted, just choose ok
*nw go to sdext2 and do the same for "data" and "dalvik-cache" folders*
when done simply restart phone..and viola
simply restart phone and enjoy
......................................................................................

How to TITANIUM BACKUP PRO.
need superuser with full root access

HOW TO BACK UP ALL APPS. (useful incase u want to do a full wipe)
run titanum backup pro
go to menu, batch process
under BACKUP click [RUN] backup all user apps
in the next menu scroll and uncheck any apps you dont want to backup, ESPECIALLY SYSTEM APPS (like Google play, account settings etc), ONLY BACKUP USER APPS
click [RUN]
wait for the process to complete.
RESTART ANDROID

HOW TO RESTORE ALL USER APPS. (useful after wiping your handset, care must be taken though, because restored system apps may cause force close atimes)
1. install titanium backup pro
2. goto menu batch process
under RESTORE click [RUN] restore all apps with data
in the next menu scroll and uncheck any apps you dont want to restore, ESPECIALLY SYSTEM APPS (like Google play, account settings etc), ONLY RESTORE USER APPS
click [RUN]
wait for the process to complete.
RESTART ANDROID[/b]

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Gerrie(m): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
pators: bros abeg were u dey stay

i reside in calabar
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Gerrie(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Brillante AURORA!!!

Successfully ported and still in awe of its looks, I would miss the settings background of gingerbean 3.0 though, as i would have preferred it to Aurora's.
Anyway, i am Hugely impressed with this project
(i'll be making a donation as soon as i am paid by my oga @ d top 4 sure)

By the way, excellent tutorial you got there xanders,a good teacher u are! Bravo!
be it bad as it can be, even our night schoolers would definately be able to be masters(superusers) of their android devices.

Bravo!!!!!
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 9free(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gerrie: Brillante AURORA!!!

Successfully ported and still in awe of its looks, I would miss the settings background of gingerbean 3.0 though, as i would have preferred it to Aurora's.
Anyway, i am Hugely impressed with this project
(i'll be making a donation as soon as i am paid by my oga @ d top 4 sure)

By the way, excellent tutorial you got there xanders,a good teacher u are! Bravo!
be it bad as it can be, even our night schoolers would definately be able to be masters(superusers) of their android devices.

Bravo!!!!!
Bros, we full ground. We just siddon for back bench dey try port to Aurora with our bottles of Heineken plus Nkwobi...
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Emmikem(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
9free:
Bros, we full ground. We just siddon for back bench dey try port to Aurora with our bottles of Heineken plus Nkwobi...

shocked me na 7up

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (36) (Reply)

Why Is Everybody Selling His/her Infinix Hot 2?? / Sony Ericsson P990i: How Many Of You Remember This Powerful Phone? / Lady Who Posed On Top Of A Car Becomes A Laughing Stock Online - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.