Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean - Phones (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean (74511 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by myhobbies(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
@ xanders and @all

mehn..i feel ur pain...
Truth is your internal memory issue is
solvable (big-ups to dev-eleghe (phenomenal
scripter), blakstar the fearless, and co)
just post the current status, of ur phone as
below:

rooted?:yes/
custom rom?:/no
ext2 partition on sdcard?: no
have a desktop/laptop?: yes and no. no coz it is not with me at present.....
Help me out pls.
thanks
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2013
darea18: pls. Gve brief procedure on hw yu did d flashinq of Aurora
custom Rom. Dnt wanna make a mistake. Xanders's
explanation ΐ̲̣̣̣̥s smhw Confusinq τ̲̅ȍ me. He's doinq a
great Work doh
Wah xplanation again read 4rm page 0
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by myhobbies(m): 9:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
xanders:
mehn..i feel ur pain...

Truth is your internal memory issue is solvable (big-ups to dev-eleghe (phenomenal scripter), blakstar the fearless, and co)
just post the current status, of ur phone as below:
rooted?:yes/no
custom rom?:yes/no
ext2 partition on sdcard?: yes/no
have a desktop/laptop?: yes/no

Also, I want to also say the success of Gingerbean Aurora couldnt have seen the limelight with out the sacrifice on the part of our able team of devs,beta testers; the likes of,encouraging' Yehmy,dogged' blakstar, emme, wale-santos, and the list goes on, they know themselves.
who selflessly volunteered their tecno n3's for the mindless experimenting of pre-releases. To them, we are grateful
lastly, but most importantly, we appreciate you, who have been loyal to the "gingerbean" project right frm the begining, showed us support and afforded us a little of your "no-time", we express our gratitude to them (aka my oga's)...e.g HOLLASDY, and BRAINREX, three "gbosa" to all of una. grin

and to the fans....what do I say, keep browsing, keep researching (especially xda-developers site), keep modding, theres still lots of mods this Android can take, you just have to believe that you can.

to all; I know Aurora is far from perfect, but hope you can open your heart to love "her", cos she's giving you all shes got, her everthing, totally

@ xanders and @all

mehn..i feel ur pain...
below:

Help me out pls.
thanks
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
myhobbies: @ xanders and @all

mehn..i feel ur pain...
below:

Help me out pls.
thanks

where u staying?
i dnt have mini tool on my system buh u cn dl d .exe file i cn help 2 partition ur sd card if ur place is nt far frm my place.... m in Lag.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by darea18: 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
yehmy:
Wah xplanation again read 4rm page 0
oh Sorry. Anyway Tnx
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by myhobbies(m): 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
yehmy:
where u staying?
i dnt have mini tool on my system buh u cn dl d .exe file i cn help 2 partition ur sd card if ur place is nt far frm my place.... m in Lag.

I am located in Alaba Ojo, what about you?
Thanks.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
yehmy:
where u staying?
bros abeg na ojo okoko I dey u?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
myhobbies:

I am located in Alaba Ojo, what about you?
Thanks.
pators: bros abeg na ojo okoko I dey u?
Ketu...
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lacosteIII(m): 11:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
xanders:
mehn..i feel ur pain...

Truth is your internal memory issue is solvable (big-ups to dev-eleghe (phenomenal scripter), blakstar the fearless, and co)

Also, I want to also say the success of Gingerbean Aurora couldnt have seen the limelight with out the sacrifice on the part of our able team of devs,beta testers; the likes of,encouraging' Yehmy,dogged' blakstar, emme, wale-santos, and the list goes on, they know themselves.
who selflessly volunteered their tecno n3's for the mindless experimenting of pre-releases. To them, we are grateful
lastly, but most importantly, we appreciate you, who have been loyal to the "gingerbean" project right frm the begining, showed us support and afforded us a little of your "no-time", we express our gratitude to them (aka my oga's)...e.g HOLLASDY, and BRAINREX, three "gbosa" to all of una. grin

and to the fans....what do I say, keep browsing, keep researching (especially xda-developers site), keep modding, theres still lots of mods this Android can take, you just have to believe that you can.

to all; I know Aurora is far from perfect, but hope you can open your heart to love "her", cos she's giving you all shes got, her everthing, totally

mehn @xanders , you are the best, thanks... also thanks to @BrainRex for bringing Tecno N3 to limelight with lot of gaming on this lovely lady fone... also thanks to @Hollasyd , @yehmy , @elegale for supporting and giving us understandable tutorials... thanks to @all and thanks to me too... @lacosteIII wink

2 Likes

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by myhobbies(m): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
yehmy:
Ketu...
I have not been there before.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 12:10am On Jun 09, 2013
myhobbies:
I have not been there before.
Add on whatsapp check my signature
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 12:10am On Jun 09, 2013
lacosteIII:

mehn @xanders , you are the best, thanks... also thanks to @BrainRex for bringing Tecno N3 to limelight with lot of gaming on this lovely lady fone... also thanks to @Hollasyd , @yehmy , @elegale for supporting and giving us understandable tutorials... thanks to @all and thanks to me too... @lacosteIII wink
Need ur whatsapp digit!!!

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lacosteIII(m): 12:30am On Jun 09, 2013
yehmy:
Need ur whatsapp digit!!!

080-878-41762 that's it

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by critikality: 1:48am On Jun 09, 2013
@xanders et al, i really wanna say big thank you for this awesome gingerben aurora, very stable n great performance.

i hv never had any problems flashing gingerbean roms from the very start to this aurora rom. tutorials are self explanatory n easy to follow, thanks once again. am really enjoying this aurora n all its jb cosmetic makeover.

Now for those still having problem with internal memory fix:
1. after flashing, install link2sd 4m playstore.
2. use root explorer to MOVE link2sd.apk from
/data/app to /system/app
3. restart de fone n run link2sd, choose de
ext2 2nd partition to creat mount scripts.
4. when done click ok n go to link2sd settings
to uncheck every enabled setting.
5. when done reboot manually by removing
ba3 n plug it in again n start the fone.
6. u are now good to go.... move data, app n
dalvik-cache with root explorer as
explained 4m XANDERS TUTORIAL.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by darea18: 7:10am On Jun 09, 2013
Can I download ROM MANAGER τ̲̅ȍ get the CUSTOM /STOCK ROM image file nd AUrora? Cos I cnt find where τ̲̅ȍ download it. Reply asap.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by omokoaustine(m): 7:59am On Jun 09, 2013
critikality: @xanders et al, i really wanna say big thank you for this awesome gingerben aurora, very stable n great performance.

i hv never had any problems flashing gingerbean roms from the very start to this aurora rom. tutorials are self explanatory n easy to follow, thanks once again. am really enjoying this aurora n all its jb cosmetic makeover.

/data/app to /system/app
where are we to MOVE link2sd.apk in
/data/app to /system/app to ? Thank u
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Abeytown: 8:36am On Jun 09, 2013
Non of my browser is downloading with aurora. Is anyone experiencing such.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by dammyhy(m): 11:29am On Jun 09, 2013
aurora stil working perfect,no any complaints for nw...tanks to all d developers....donatns coming very soon.am really enjoy dis,all games run perfect,no internal nd external memory issues.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Davidgprs(m): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
xanders: having any issue? this is the read me included in the Aurora post above

[b]GINGERBEAN AURORA READ ME
HELLO ALL, I'M XANDERS,IF YOUR READING THIS THEN IT MEANS YOUVE DOWNLOADED GINGERBEAN AURORA.
CONGRATULATION, ON THAT ACCOUNT.
NOW, DOWNLOADING AURORA IS ONE THIN, SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLING IT SATIFACTORILY IS ANOTHER. ON THAT PREMISE I DECIDED TO EMBARK ON THIS TUTORIAL
TO HELP THOSE REALLY WANTING TO INSTALL GB AURORA BUT DONT KNOW THEIR WAY AROUND DOING SO.
KINDLY FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL STEP BEY STEP, I RECCOMEND READING IT MORE THAN ONCE,
AND I BELIEVE EVENTUALLY YOU'L FIND INSTALLING
CUSTOM ROMS ON YOUR TECNO N3 AND EASY AS WELL AS HITCHFREE TASK.
REGARDS
by XANDERS
for Lexsolutionz

GINGERBEAN AURORA CHANGE LOG:
*disabled internal EMMC
*BOOT ANIMATION ADDED
*INCREASED DALVIK VM HEAP 32MB
*TOUCH SENSITIVITY TWEAK(INCREASED TO 60 CLICK/SEC TOUCH RATE)
*PROCESSOR SCALING TWEAK USING OVERCLOCK WIDGET FOR BATTERY OPTIMIZATION (MAX 420mHZ CLOCK) AND BETTER GAMMING (SET MIN CLOCK AT 600MHZ ) on the fly.
*COSMETIC MAKE OVER USING JELLYBEAN SCHEME
*BETTER MEMORY EFFICIENT LAUNCHER SUPPORTING DRAWER TRANSPERENCY AND TABS
*EXT2 SUPPORT SCRIPT (CREATE sdext2 folder in /data to mount any sdext2 partition)
*google apps 2.3.6
*ICS weather and search widget
*very stable, infact most stable CR (custom rom) in the gingerbean series
*apps added: gmail, walkman, google music player 2, walkman
*Arabic language support

GINGERBEAN AURORA: HOW to install:
1. Download AURORA.7zip form here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VR3E4ek1vNjJiajA/edit?usp=sharing
2. download QUALCOM HSUSB DEVICE DRIVERS_AIO.7zip form here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VU0FsWGhBTEs1d0E/edit?usp=sharing
3. download .net 4.0 (here:- http://www.filehippo.com/download_dotnet_framework_4/)

now follow these steps:
install .net4.0
install AIO
un7zip Aurora.7zip
do a nandroid backp up
and follow the steps below>

**How to flash Qualcomm MTD based Android devices(such as Tecno N3)using AIO flasher:

Firstly, Download AIo flasher, Qualcom HSUSB driver,MS.NET 4.0, Downladed Stock or Custom ROM image file

procedure:
*do a nandroid backup (how? see below)

1. install .NET 4.0
2. install AIO flasher (here:- http://mediafire.com/?75ibx9qa2lqbajr)
3. switch off your android, then while holding the volume dwn button, power on the android, (the android will display "TECNO" and remain there)
4. run AIO flasher
* in the top left most of the AIO windows where its written "fastbt flasher" select system, then click "select file",
click "erase", then click flash
* wait for the bottom "black" windws to display"writing........ OK" before you can unplug the phone

restart phone. NOTE: usually, after flashing first boot takes a while longer so be patient.

................................................................................................
How to do a nandroid backup:
PROCESS FOR NANDROID BACKUP CREATION
required to have: rooted Android device, sdcard with atleast 1gig free space, working internet connection
1. Create a folder in your Sdcard called "clockworkmod" using small letters as shown here (if you dont have one already)
2. DOWNLOAD ONLINE NANDROID BACKUP MAKER. get here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.onnandbup&hl=en
3. RUN ONLINE NANDROID BACKUP MAKER ON YOUR PHONE,
4. update scripts
5. select CWRM or CWM mode or Clockworkmod (depends on your version)
6. start backup
it should take about 20 mins or less

Alternative method with a personal computer
first ensure you enable usb debugging
1. run AIO flasher
2. click on bacup/restore tab
3. click install "Yaff2img"
4. click Nandroid backup
wait for process to complete the use sdcard-reader to copy out folder named "clockworkmod" in sd card
...............................................................................................

*********************************tips and tricks****************************************
Internal memory fix to totally solve memory Issue (guaranteed 170+/- MB free constantly!):
Requirements:
Back up Applications, and SMS using Titanium BKup pro. (how? see below)

1. sdcard partitioned in three parts...fat32, ext2 (not ext3 wont work), and linuxswap
2. stock 3e recovery
3. tecno n3, though this method may work for other androids of same chipset.
procedure:
*install Gingerbean Aurora CR using AIO
*donnot start using phone, boot to recovery
*select reboot system now; your device should d a full wipe and restart
*after phone restarts, go to settings; applications: enable "unknown sources", the scroll down to development and enable "usb debugging"
*exit settings and open superuser; and update binaries
*exit superuser and open root explorer
*in root explorer go to data folder, inside data folder look for a folder names sdext2, if you cant locate it simply create a new folder and name it "sdext2" (note the small letters)
*now, exit root explorer and restart phone
*When your phone has finished restarting, open root explorer and go to the folder data/sdext2, now you should find the contents of your ext2 parition listed
*delete all the contents of the sdext2 folder, any one that refuses to delete just leave alone
*Now, go back once, that is out of the sdext2 folder (i.e. data/),
*now we will move three folders "app" "data" and "dalvik-cache" frm here to sdext2.
hw is that done?
*in that folder, i.e data/, press left button on the n3, and select "multi-select"
only choose "app" "data" and "dalvik-cache"
*click move
*scroll down to sdext2 and select the folder the folder(i.e data/sdext2/)
*click paste
it will take some time, be patient.
*when done you shud have "app" "data" and "dalvik-cache"in your sdext2
note: do not exit root explorer yet...we are not finished
*now, go back once (data/) or click buttom right button
*click buttom left button, in the menu choose "new folder"
* enter the name as "app" without quotes, and click ok
*do the same, and create folders for "data" and "dalvik-cache"
*now, go down to sdext2 again, select it
*long-press or put your finger for a while on "app" folder
in the menu that opens, go to the end and select "link to this folder"
go back once by pressing right button on the n3
* then select "create link here"
* you will be prompted, just choose ok
*nw go to sdext2 and do the same for "data" and "dalvik-cache" folders*
when done simply restart phone..and viola
simply restart phone and enjoy
......................................................................................

How to TITANIUM BACKUP PRO.
need superuser with full root access

HOW TO BACK UP ALL APPS. (useful incase u want to do a full wipe)
run titanum backup pro
go to menu, batch process
under BACKUP click [RUN] backup all user apps
in the next menu scroll and uncheck any apps you dont want to backup, ESPECIALLY SYSTEM APPS (like Google play, account settings etc), ONLY BACKUP USER APPS
click [RUN]
wait for the process to complete.
RESTART ANDROID

HOW TO RESTORE ALL USER APPS. (useful after wiping your handset, care must be taken though, because restored system apps may cause force close atimes)
1. install titanium backup pro
2. goto menu batch process
under RESTORE click [RUN] restore all apps with data
in the next menu scroll and uncheck any apps you dont want to restore, ESPECIALLY SYSTEM APPS (like Google play, account settings etc), ONLY RESTORE USER APPS
click [RUN]
wait for the process to complete.
RESTART ANDROID[/b]
pls do i need to install links2sd again after Internal memory fix to totally solve memory Issue
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by wolinty247(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
xanders:
mehn..i feel ur pain...

special thanks to all d **Rom Kitchen** crew..... God bless us all. #St. Ralph
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by johnnybaskey(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
thanks to xander 4 this great innovation and mostly to yehmy for been a good teacher..I am so happy for having aurura

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Emmikem(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
grin Una de jolli
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
Emmikem: grin Una de jolli
Hollysyd don giv u d Tab?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by darea18: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
I love τ̲̅ȍ av d Aurora. Buh some "big-bois" in here are too pridey τ̲̅ȍ assist the Novice. Anyway no probs. God ΐ̲̣̣̣̥s still Alive.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Emmikem(m): 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
yehmy:
Hollysyd don giv u d Tab?

Ya... grin
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Davidgprs(m): 7:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
critikality: @xanders et al, i really wanna say big thank you for this awesome gingerben aurora, very stable n great performance.

/data/app to /system/app
after following xanders tips and tricks to increase Internal memory fix, do i still need to install link2sd. pls i need your reply urgently.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by viro13: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
xanders: DISCLAIMER: BY DOWNLOADING ANY OF THE FILES LISTED HEREIN, YOU HAVE ACCEPTED NOT TO HOLD XANDERZ, LEXSOLUTIONS, OR ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATES RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE THAT MIGHT COME AS A RESULT OF USAGE ANY OF THESE FILES LISTED BELOW, THAT YOU AS AN ADULT ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

GINGER-BEAN AURORA!
k....so i said 9th June in the last post, but things worked better than I had envisaged.
here you have it, Ginger-bean Aurora.

A few brief comments from Ginger-bean Architect, xanderz:
[b]Over a month ago, when I first started the Ginger-bean project, I had a vision of what I believed should be the custom rom
for our Tecno android, Ginger-bean RPM, a good rom, adding pre-shell root allowing for full modifications by the user, for the first time Tecno N3 users could experience what it really means to be a "superuser";
Albeit, this fell far short of my expectations, because I could see this machine could do more. hence, the need for other releases, gingerbean_v1.0, gingerbean_v3.0 (full init.d support), and gingerbean_final (Actual 4.0 cosmetics). the aim wasnt yet met, target not yet achieved, which was to bring to the tecno N3 the three main essential features of a Clockworkmod recovery enabled device; such as init.d support, mount ext2 partition, easy disaster recovery (system restoring and backup) which are the reasons why xda-developer koush made the recovery in the first place.
Now, I present the Aurora, which isnt everything I have in mind, however, I can gladly say it comes closest.
Hope you enjoy AURORA.
signed
xanderz
PS: REMEMBER IF YOU LIKE THE ROM TO SAY THANKS AND DONATE. grin MANY THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DONATED LASTIME

[/b]
To all newbies, devs etc
READ TUTORIAL PROPERLY FIRST: DOWNLOAD HERE: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VWjh6MWJwVGJqSXM/edit?usp=sharing

Tutorial Screenshots : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VcEJTNFpMdUpTQTQ/edit?usp=sharing

DOWNLOAD 7ZIP ROM FILE (100MB+)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VR3E4ek1vNjJiajA/edit?usp=sharing

[c]DOWNLOAD AIO tools and Tecno N3 ADB drivers:[/b]
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VU0FsWGhBTEs1d0E/edit?usp=sharing

The last download link for AIO tools and Tecno N3 ADB drivers is not opening. It soming up with error message. Please help with this.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by critikality: 12:30am On Jun 10, 2013
Davidgprs: after following xanders tips and tricks to increase Internal memory fix, do i still need to install link2sd. pls i need your reply urgently.
naa no need if it works 4 u but if not den u install link2sd to mount the ext2 partition as i hv explained den u continue xanderz tutorial 4m moving app, dalvik-cache n data with root explorer.

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by valboy20(m): 1:08am On Jun 10, 2013
you guys should stop quoting Xander's lengthy tutorial.

just type your message, he's gonna get to you
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Davidgprs(m): 7:58am On Jun 10, 2013
critikality: naa no need if it works 4 u but if not den u install link2sd to mount the ext2 partition as i hv explained den u continue xanderz tutorial 4m moving app, dalvik-cache n data with root explorer.
pls can you explain how to use overclock widgets.thanks
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Emmikem(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2013
valboy20: you guys should stop quoting Xander's lengthy tutorial.

just type your message, he's gonna get to you

sad naso

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36) (Reply)

Oraimo Freepods 3 Issues - Solve All / AIRTEL 500MB FOR 100 Naira Valid 30 Days / Why Is Everybody Selling His/her Infinix Hot 2??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.