Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? (8245 Views)

Melaye Begs Senators To Patronise 'made In Nigeria Girls' / Melaye Begs Senators To Patronise 'made In Nigeria Girls' / Buhari To Nigerians: Get Ready To Patronise “made In Nigeria” Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by loswhite(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Most of our goods r better than all these chinese pdts in every corner of d country! Its just that we already hv dat mentality of buying imported gds even if its not worth it.
it is base on reputation. If a Nigerian good start building reputation for quality goods trust me ppl will start patronizing them
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by ocelot2006(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2013
femialiu: Nice thread. Buying made in Nigeria isn't a problem, there is absolutely no body residing in Nigeria that will nt at one time or the other patronize goods made in Nigeria, otherwise Dangote will nt be the richest black man in the world. The issue is this, Manufacturing is solely dependent on power... It accounts for almost 30percent of the cost of production, raw materials availability is anotherr major factor considered. All these build up into the shelf cost of each product. It cost less to produce a car in china, dubai or SA and ship it to Nigeria hence it is more profitable. In Nigeria, our power is very unstable, No single steel company, most of the small processing company that lcould serve as feeder company to the major big manufacturing company can not survive in the harsh economic conditions (energy, bad infrasture, security and multiple taxation)... This has forced many multinationals to produce outside Nigeria and send it down. Also, Labour is cheaper in China and India than what u get in Naija....

I totally agree with you on the issue of power. And it's not just the manufacturing sector, but also the service industry. In a private school we own, we spend over N1Million per month fuelling 2 diesel generators, and this has forced us to consider alternatives like inverters and hybrid batteries. But I believe the current administration's working hard to address this issue.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by horny4u(f): 3:41pm On May 04, 2013
Margret Thatcher when served French mineral water asked ‘What’s wrong with British water?’ .

I see comments here that seem adamant to buy imported.

Price and quality: No electricity, low volume of patronage, lack of skilled workers, laziness in our culture ( some of the reason for high price.)

However we cannot continue to enrich other countries while more and more Nigerians are jobless....we need to wke up and relise that it starts from us.

I used to buy centrium until I tried emzor multi vitamin and no more centrium for me
Ruff and tumble prices are very good and quality is super fair.
FIJK rather than swedish bitters
All dangote products.
Made in Nigeria ankara etc.

The more we ask for it, the more they bring MINigeria (MIN) to the market for us, we hve this power lets use it.

Also custom officers the airport stop taking duties bribe when people are exporting ( ko make sense na) take your duties bribe when goods are coming in.

Lets reward NG entrepenuer who have brought us quality let us pay attention.

Its your bro and sis who need the jobs not the GOVT bros and sis they are fine...trust me

Plus if you love NG, you will act like Mrs Thacther and ask for "Made in Nigeria" water.

Again the economy grows more money comes to your business too....be wise. (Econs baba ijebu)

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by horny4u(f): 3:44pm On May 04, 2013
esere826: @OP

YES
I actively and conciously go out of my way to patronize and ask for made in Nigeria goods
(I have my quarrells with our market structure sha.. but I ignore it)

I feel offended when made in Nigeria goods try to slap on some oyibo face on their products
its ridiculous

Very annoying !
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by asha80(m): 3:53pm On May 04, 2013
horny4u:

Very annoying !
that is because those producers know the average naija mentality.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by kramer: 3:54pm On May 04, 2013
@op.. itz funny you ask o, I am currently patronizing my garri which i bought from iya mukaila @oshodi market yezterda..

tell me who's patriotic than me cool cool
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by Inik(m): 4:07pm On May 04, 2013
Yea, i do patronise Min products
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by horny4u(f): 6:55pm On May 04, 2013
asha 80: that is because those producers know the average naija mentality.

Growing up it used to be MC hammer on the radio ...but today it is Olamide doing get down low..

Before it was swiss lace today ..today it is ankara dress

Taste changes...the more we do tiwatiwa the more the average taste improves.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by esere826: 7:55pm On May 04, 2013
I think pricing for some made in Nigeria goods are ludicrous
considering that few SME's in 9ja are able to access bank loans with its outrageous interest rates
and labour comes cheap
I assume the investments are not under tough financial duress

Its as if the proprritors of 9ja products think that once they hit the shelf
they should start making insane profits that should cater for big cars and foreign trips

Not a perfect example:
I recently bought packged garri from a shop
(after a long time of not eating gari)
I expected and was prepared for a max of 50% price increase compared to those sold on the streets
what I got was some 250% price increase
Insane!!!
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by tinkinjo: 10:42pm On May 04, 2013
Yeah...Globacom!
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by Abbott(m): 2:30am On May 05, 2013
I would have to be hard of options to patronize some MIN goods. I'm buying a car soon, my heart's desire is a BMW 5 series but I'll be fine with a Toyota Camry...it is my first car...I dont think I will want to patronise Innoson on this now nor some car makers like Tata/Brilliance/some other funny car makers.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by nex(m): 6:18am On May 05, 2013
Whenever I'm out to buy a product,I look out for the ones made in Nigeria first and compare the prices, net weight, and other details before making a choice. Only where there is no Nigerian brand of the product, do I go for foreign ones, and the next thing I do is look for the African brand before others.

I'm not only being patriotic, but keeping people in my vicinity employed, and also, in case of substandard quality of product I know that I can go straight to the companies address, and lay my complaints (I do that a lot).

On another note, some of the good imported to Nigeria from American, European, and Asian countries are not of the same standard as those consumed in their countries. Some of their governments allow them make substandard products, as long as they can assure that it is for export to us over here.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 05, 2013
ba7man: Now i don't belive this.....Speaking from experience. Maybe products like textiles but the ones that require a high level of craftsmanship or technical ability......its a no-no.

And how did you know that?
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by Nobody: 9:49am On May 05, 2013
9jadelta: i agree with you. i bought zinaox laptop sometimes ago, i bought it around 80k with very low spec just because i wanted to buy made in nigeria product and it didnt last a year. i coulda bought HP or acer at the same amount with higher specifications. anyway am not discouraged by that. but it seems nigerians really dont know how to do business, same with hitv that suppose to give dstv a run for their money, but its more expensive than dstv with all their crappy stations, same with glo and mtn
I also bought and used Zinox laptop and it lasted for 4yrs before it packed up. I think the way we use things matters a lot. Follow the recommended specifications and maintenance, you will enjoy it.

Made in Nigeria products
Proudly Nigerian
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by APFM(m): 8:00pm On May 05, 2013
ba7man: Reach for the stars so that if you fail, you'll at least catch the moon. The further you can see, the bigger your products can become. Plan as if you're going global and target locally. A local product with a global appeal can never fail. Imagine packaging a locally made product like palmwine in a bottle as goodlooking as Heineken's. That's what our local manufacturers should aim at.
[sup][/sup]

Liked your comment that is why we started manufacturing our Own Naija made potato chips flakes
Www.harbinsfood.com
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by princemedico: 9:27am On May 06, 2013
People here have mentioned some product they buy that are made M.I.N, but am yet to see anyone here mention anything on cosmetics does that mean there are no good cream, powder et.c. List some good M.I.N cosmetic product you know and use.

For those who don't know, if you are buying Fridger, Fan and Air-condition then go for 'Newclime' it's a Nigerian product you can trust, I recommend their product to my customers too.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by Nobody: 9:56am On May 06, 2013
princemedico: People here have mentioned some product they buy that are made M.I.N, but am yet to see anyone here mention anything on cosmetics does that mean there are no good cream, powder et.c. List some good M.I.N cosmetic product you know and use.

For those who don't know, if you are buying Fridger, Fan and Air-condition then go for 'Newclime' it's a Nigerian product you can trust, I recommend their product to my customers too.
So how good is the product? Share your experience in using the product with us.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by horny4u(f): 4:08pm On May 06, 2013
princemedico: People here have mentioned some product they buy that are made M.I.N, but am yet to see anyone here mention anything on cosmetics does that mean there are no good cream, powder et.c. List some good M.I.N cosmetic product you know and use.

This Newclime and others should start adding proudly Nigerian so that tiwatiwa is identified quickly.

I love tara make up...nice colours for my skin colour. I used to use one tiwatiwa cream in secondary sch...forgotten the name sha but I use lots of raw shea butter for after sun but my skin care products are from lush and bodyshop....if i see a very near natural MIN skincare will try it.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by Nobody: 11:24am On May 07, 2013
Hello Nlanders, remember to buy MADE IN NIGERIA products today.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by princemedico: 11:24am On May 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So how good is the product? Share your experience in using the product with us.
Anyway I don't want to give an epistle, but those product I listed will serve you so so well, they are durable and reliable. By the way those are not their only products, I only listed the ones I have tried and tested.
Re: Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products? by Horus(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOsaCdPk4Y

[size=14pt]Abdullahi Says Nigerian Must Patronize Indigenous Product[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vindictive Buhari Replaces Marilyn Ogar With Another Fulani / Bekwarra/Obudu/Obanliku Federal Constituency: Martha Agba Picks APC Form / You Will Not Walk Alone - Oyebanji Assures Late APC Chairman’s Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.