Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused (18927 Views)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. / Praise God ! I Got My Offer Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by YOUNGKAHUNA: 11:28pm On May 03, 2013
supaeagles: Many have given good points in favour of either city. I would advice that you visit each town to get a feel for your self. Both have security issues. Kaduna has an airport and is closer to Abuja. I say kaduna.

And who says Jtown doesn't have an Airport? Mind you "we" got the Yakubu Gowon Airport Heigpang (Barkin Ladi)
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by chux76(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2013
Bro..to be frank with you I can only talk about where I have stayed and where I am still living at present. I was raised in Lagos,schooled in Benin and by virtue of my work then,I have traveled and lived in quite a few states,but right now I am settled in in Kaduna state. I moved over to Kaduna in 2009/2010 precisely and I must say I have never regretted it at all. I know how Kaduna works now..I totally know.

So far I have witnessed 2 crises in Kaduna state;The post-election crises and the last year's bombing of 2 churches which caused a reprisal attack by the Christian youths,which I must say was even deadlier than the post-election crises,but in these 2 scenario I have come to understand Kaduna very very very well.
The onus of the matter is that Kaduna presently is "divided" into 2: predominantly Muslim North aka Kaduna North and the predominantly Christian south aka Kaduna South,and I have lived in the South ever since I moved here,I stay in Sabo now.
As long as you live on the South,whenever "gbege" set you are SAFE,except in a situation where you are in the North when it happens,even at that,you can always still find your way to the southern part which will ALWAYS be a safe abode. There can never be an attack by FULANIS on Christians in the SOUTH...and I say NEVER because it would be suicidal for them,in fact the muslims that come to hustle in the southern part are always very mindful of their behavior. Those tales of gunmen attacking one village or the other is a rare occurrence in Kaduna state except you are living in the remote villages,which I know would not be.

Your company might be located in the Northern part,but I'll advise you get an accommodation in the southern part.
As far as safety is concerned I must say..Kaduna is a very safe place to stay.
Now for the social aspect of KD things,I must give you one advice...If care is not taken you will be carried away by the life here. Grooving in KD is very cheap,much much less compared to Lagos,and like I always tell my friends,the only thing we dey lack in KD na beach..then maybe those shows they organize in Lagos,aside that..KD ROCKS!!
Kaduna has lots n lots of hang-outs,as long as you get small change to spare,you can never have a dull moment in KD,very nice sweet spots that meets all your needs with little..I repeat..Little change...haba..na from experience I dey tell u so oh!!and coming from a guy who has grooved Lasgidi wella...I know wetin I dey talk.

As for Okpetu/Okpeke/Otepu/Babes levels...that is the tip of the iceberg,there are lots of SWEET SWEET gals in Croc city and you know the best thing,them no dey chop or demand like Lag babes...I would have touched more on the chikala aspect but I no wan incur their wrath,another note of warning..better keep your Girl/Fiancee in Lag close to your heart or else...KD babes go make you forget her oh!!!

Food: Since I came to the North,I go to the market(Sabo Market) with 5k and my kitchen gets filled to the brim with assorted that would last me for up to 6-7weeks,(except when those otepus come calling,na dem dey finish my food.

Transportation: Let me summarize,imagine a trip from Orile bus-stop to First gate(Festac) on a motorbike costing just 60/70 naira depending on your negotiation powers,just imagine..that's why I tell them here that anyone who "flies" bike in Lag is considered a big boi..coz e no cheap..compared to KD where people prefer motorbikes to buses.

Accommodation: It used to be very cheap until the upsurge of movement of people from Kaduna North to Kaduna South and even people migrating from other distressed Northern states,but even at that with 120k-150k you can get a very decent "Room n Parlour self contained" as it is popularly called here or even a 2-Bedroom flat in some areas like Goni-gora.

To cut short my tirade...Kaduna is a very safe place to live in and I never see wetin go make me leave this state yet.

9 Likes

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by remmydada(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2013
I spent 75% of my life in kaduna if you want to choose by weather your best choice is Jo's but in terms of security choose kaduna and not just kaduna but kakuri or narayi, barnawa, sabo or ungwan romi. all in the southern kaduna please and please avoid any northern part of kaduna like a plague don't think of jos either
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 03, 2013
lumideezle:
Believe me mhen if not cuz of this Job,I wouldn't touch the northern part of Nig with a 12feet Pole,left 2 me you guys can keep you sisters,brothers, cattles,you Allah,your Ideologies about life and western education , your everything.your sisters are the last thing on my mind right now when my security is at stake smh, my guy I b yoruba man o I love my life o..lol
Ogbeni na so you de fear reach? no worry, nothing de happen. you go live long
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by caukerzee(m): 11:30pm On May 03, 2013
And for the records, there are more Christians and other tribes in plateau than muslims and hausas.

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by supaeagles(m): 11:30pm On May 03, 2013
caukerzee: Jos also has an airport.
True, but i guess my point is with KD you have more airline choices:
Kaduna - currently three airlines : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaduna_Airport
Jos - currently only one : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon_Airport
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by pedestal82(m): 11:32pm On May 03, 2013
Live in Kadduna,so I Will say Kd is better.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by caukerzee(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2013
boiohboi: Hehehehehehehehe
Una no go kill person
To be honest Kaduna is better than Jos in any way u can think of.
Guy if u wan die within a short period of time choose Jos.
And me, my extended and nucler family have lived in Jos for over 30 years and have never lost a relative niether have i died to religous violence If you have no meaningful contribution to make just shut the f u c k up instead of making simply illitrate comments.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by 360command: 11:37pm On May 03, 2013
caukerzee: Its all media. The places they call Jos are not Jos but other parts of Plateau like barkin ladi and Riyom. Its just like attacks in VI dont affect Lekki.
you make me laugh . But this was how the war started in cote d'ivoire. War is imminent and it does not start in the heart of the city but starts at the outer lands. A violent region will always remain a violent region. You can't say it happened here but it does not happen there. What will make it happen anywhere can happen anywhere and there is no two ways about it .
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by lumideezle(m): 11:38pm On May 03, 2013
chux76: Bro..to be frank with you I can only talk about where I have stayed and where I am still living at present. I was raised in Lagos,schooled in Benin and by virtue of my work then,I have traveled and lived in quite a few states,but right now I am settled in in Kaduna state. I moved over to Kaduna in 2009/2010 precisely and I must say I have never regretted it at all. I know how Kaduna works now..I totally know.

So far I have witnessed 2 crises in Kaduna state;The post-election crises and the last year's bombing of 2 churches which caused a reprisal attack by the Christian youths,which I must say was even deadlier than the post-election crises,but in these 2 scenario I have come to understand Kaduna very very very well.
The onus of the matter is that Kaduna presently is "divided" into 2: predominantly Muslim North aka Kaduna North and the predominantly Christian south aka Kaduna South,and I have lived in the South ever since I moved here,I stay in Sabo now.
As long as you live on the South,whenever "gbege" set you are SAFE,except in a situation where you are in the North when it happens,even at that,you can always still find your way to the southern part which will ALWAYS be a safe abode. There can never be an attack by FULANIS on Christians in the SOUTH...and I say NEVER because it would be suicidal for them,in fact the muslims that come to hustle in the southern part are always very mindful of their behavior. Those tales of gunmen attacking one village or the other is a rare occurrence in Kaduna state except you are living in the remote villages,which I know would not be.

Your company might be located in the Northern part,but I'll advise you get an accommodation in the southern part.
Now for the social aspect of KD things,I must give you one advice...If care is not taken you will be carried away by the life here. Grooving in KD is very cheap,much much less compared to Lagos,and like I always tell my friends,the only thing we dey lack in KD na beach..then maybe those shows they organize in Lagos,aside that..KD ROCKS!!
Kaduna has lots n lots of hang-outs,as long as you get small change to spare,you can never have a dull moment in KD,very nice sweet spots that meets all your needs with little..I repeat..Little change...haba..na from experience I dey tell u so oh!!and coming from a guy who has grooved Lasgidi wella...I know wetin I dey talk.

As for Okpetu/Okpeke/Otepu/Babes levels...that is the tip of the iceberg,there are lots of SWEET SWEET gals in Croc city and you know the best thing,them no dey chop or demand like Lag babes...I would have touched more on the chikala aspect but I no wan incur their wrath,another note of warning..better keep your Girl/Fiancee in Lag close to your heart or else...KD babes go make you forget her oh!!!

Food: Since I came to the North,I go to the market(Sabo Market) with 5k and my kitchen gets filled to the brim with assorted that would last me for up to 6-7weeks,(except when those otepus come calling,na dem dey finish my food.

Transportation: Let me summarize,imagine a trip from Orile bus-stop to First gate(Festac) on a motorbike costing just 60/70 naira depending on your negotiation powers,just imagine..that's why I tell them here that anyone who "flies" bike in Lag is considered a big boi..coz e no cheap..compared to KD where people prefer motorbikes to buses.

Accommodation: It used to be very cheap until the upsurge of movement of people from Kaduna North to Kaduna South and even people migrating from other distressed Northern states,but even at that with 120k-150k you can get a very decent "Room n Parlour self contained" as it is popularly called here or even a 2-Bedroom flat in some areas like Goni-gora.

To cut short my tirade...Kaduna is a very safe place to live in and I never see wetin go make me leave this state yet.
Thanks a lot for this detailed Analysis, expecially for taking your time to type. Up all of that. I'll definately put your words in mind
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by remmydada(m): 11:41pm On May 03, 2013
chux76: Bro..to be frank with you I can only talk about where I have stayed and where I am still living at present. I was raised in Lagos,schooled in Benin and by virtue of my work then,I have traveled and lived in quite a few states,but right now I am settled in in Kaduna state. I moved over to Kaduna in 2009/2010 precisely and I must say I have never regretted it at all. I know how Kaduna works now..I totally know.

this is the best of all the advice on this your issue so far this is very very true
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by caukerzee(m): 11:47pm On May 03, 2013
lumideezle:
Thanks a lot for this detailed Analysis, expecially for taking your time to type. Up all of that. I'll definately put your words in mind
I dont just have the strenght to type much tonight. I promise to give you detailed info on all you need to know about jos by Morning.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Chibest2000(m): 11:48pm On May 03, 2013
Okija_juju: All I can say is; All die na die..

Jos death and Kaduna death, no difference.. The killers are the same people; Abokis..

Anyways, I will pick jos sha.. At least it's a beautiful place to die in..
guy na u hit d point. Weda u work in kd or jos all die na die n na dsame boko boys d operate there.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Jongrac: 11:53pm On May 03, 2013
Why would anyone compare Jos to Kaduna, when it is very glaring that Kaduna is by far ahead of Jos in all indices.
If you are basing your reason on Security, then you have no argument as Nigeria as a country is presently battling with security issues - each state with its own fair share.
Base your decision on the economy of the state and how quickly you could make impact on your new job which is largely dependent on demographics, business opportunities and wealth in the state, these are key factors to consider should you are deployed as a sales person.
Kaduna has a strong presence of industries, military, big business, beautiful places to pass time e.t.c
Fact check and you would see that Kaduna is clearly ahead in the game.....I wish you luck.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Davidogar(m): 11:54pm On May 03, 2013
mr man you better find another job else were and forget about north because all the north side is not save @ all, I have travel to all the the state in the north both maduiguri, don't ask why, cause I when there for business? If you love your life and the life of your family? Becareful my brother?
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by spywareczar(m): 11:54pm On May 03, 2013

Choi! Bros Ɣøµ hve said it all, na Ɣøµ try pass Croc city rocks
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by caukerzee(m): 11:54pm On May 03, 2013
360command: you make me laugh . But this was how the war started in cote d'ivoire. War is imminent and it does not start in the heart of the city but starts at the outer lands. A violent region will always remain a violent region. You can't say it happened here but it does not happen there. What will make it happen anywhere can happen anywhere and there is no two ways about it .
By your logic, the northen nigeria crises would get to the south because it is all nigeria?? Talking about violent religion, plateau as a whole is dominated by christians. Most attacks that happen in those regions are mostly ethnic and not religion ie the fulani heards men attacking the berom farmers. Out of the 17 local goverments in plateau, these riots reoccuring attacks happen in two local goverments i.e riyom and barkin ladi. And as i stated earlier, the last time there was a major crises in the jos metropolis itself was in 2009. Thats over four years ago.
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Immortal1(m): 11:56pm On May 03, 2013
When I hear d insecurity tinz ppl say about Jos, I wonder if itz the same Jos where I'm based. I doubt if anyone who lives in Jos would say there is no peace in Jos. All d time u hear issues about insecurities, itz always not in Jos but outside Jos. Trust me, Jos is a place u'd luv 2 pitch ur tent. Go 4 J-town! Moreover, Christains re far more than Muslims in Jos, but u can't say that about KD, where it took a miracle 2 even have a Christain Governor!!

1 Like

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 03, 2013
JOS
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by usufoye: 11:59pm On May 03, 2013
If anybodi nid help on checking is jamb result you may drop your reg. No and you ll get your result instantly
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by bbkkatunxo: 12:02am On May 04, 2013
My brother both d state is ok, I just come back from both states last week. Depends on which kind of life you want live there in north, if you want to live like lagosian in north choose jos buh if you want to be free minded person choose kaduna either southern or northern kaduna. Don't mind those that are saying negative about the states, most of them haven't been to d states b4,I prefer to live in North Dan eastern part and south south(Niger delta) part of this nation(my opinion pls don't offended)

4 Likes

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Nobody: 12:05am On May 04, 2013
Picture from steffans in Jos town. The groove continues till dawn. We rock this town and u are free to join us
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by fflamingo(m): 12:07am On May 04, 2013
Follow ur mind they are the best sets of medulla oblongata you can ever make in life however I will still advise you to think twice best of luck.......................
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by dabigwalls: 12:10am On May 04, 2013
I lost a friend in the Jos crisis of 2001. Never found till date... That nils off Jos in even the next world. And I thought you the OP said the offer was juicy? It stopped being juicy at your location options. At present, you just have a job offer. Leave juicy for the guys going to Texas on Chevron's bill.

2 Likes

Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:17am On May 04, 2013
None of the above!
Move to Lagos, the centre of Excellence! *winks*
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by Pzone: 12:28am On May 04, 2013
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by pato405(m): 12:40am On May 04, 2013
OP LMAO

So, this is how ppl come on nairaland to ask questions when they are about to embark on suicide mission.

how can any sane person possibly think of leaving Lagos for North, to dwell with cannibals

Does the word security not mean anything to you? at a time when southerners in the north are fleeing, another desperate one want's to go dwell with people who strap bomb.s to their danchiki

rather sell recharge cards in Lagos than work with FCMG, FCMB or whatever in Jos versus Kaduna

your case is just like that of a mouse asking whether to eat the bread ladden with mouse poison or head for the mince meat strapped to the mouse-trap.

Ok, make you dey go ooooo!

silly question
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by toluxa1(m): 12:49am On May 04, 2013
Is the University of Jos in the outskirt? Cos I have heard of 2 times it had to be closed down cos of riot? Just asking o
Re: Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused by sweetnigga(m): 12:50am On May 04, 2013
Equal to salary in kano at boko haram bomb plaza.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aggrieved Ex-baker Hughes Employees Protest In Enugu, Demand N12b Entitlements / The Future Of Bank Marketers In Nigeria / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.