Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss (10013 Views)

Java Devs, Which Do You Prefer? Eclipse Or Netbeans? / Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Rotating A Jlabel Using Netbeans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by javadevil: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2008
Hey guys, am a developer but i use only netbeans platform and ide, but alot of other programmers think eclipse is better can u share your views?
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by ade2kay(m): 8:13am On Apr 17, 2008
Though i don't use any of the three (I code with wordpad for desktop apps and dreamweaver for web apps), but i read that one of the strengths of Eclipse is its support for custom-built plug-ins which can be added to the IDE enabling third-party developers to extend the functionality of the IDE by creating plug-ins for the IDE, also i think JBOSS is very good in Enterprise development (J2EE), (very good i must say) especially with new additions like Business Process Managament, JBOSS rules engine e.t.c

I haven't tried any one them though
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by candylips(m): 9:49am On Apr 17, 2008
Eclipse is better than Netbeans IMO however IDEA is better than Eclipse but it is not free
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by Kobojunkie: 9:51am On Apr 17, 2008
Sun Studio Creator is free as well and good.
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by logica(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2008
For a long time it was without a doubt Eclipse, but I read an article demonstrating that Netbeans has caught up with Eclipse.

In my opinion, the best is RAD/WSAD (which I have been using for over 5 years) and it's not free either, and of course it's based on Eclipse.
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by Ghenghis(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2008
IDEA is really good!
All thee platforms support plugins (eclipse, ItelliJ iDEA, netbeans)

I think netbeans shines when you do things like JSF, or new java standards stuff
eclipse (especially MyEclipse) is very good when using de-facto or open source stuff like struts,hibernate etc.

But the great thing is that there all free (almost , or at least cheap)

I'd guess Jbuilder is good,like all things from Borland ,but i don't know anyone who uses it anymore
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by logica(m): 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2008
last i used jbuilder was in 2001 4 some cellphone apps in java, seemed @ the time jbuilder was the best cellphone java app IDE tool.
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by javadevil: 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2008
Gone are the days of jbuilder, i dont think its still a good IDE for Java cos it lack support for third party plugins which makes the IDE not extensible.
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by javadevil: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2008
Guys, I think its a matter of choice and demand, For java apps, JSF and semi-complex enterprise applications netbeans is the way. But for mobile application development and J2EE i'll advice eclipse. though i have just started with eclipse, I have already seen alot of advantages like in eclipse your source files are automatically compiles upon saving, and much more.

But personally I'll still be with NETBEANS for a while.
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by Bossman(m): 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2008
Most of these IDEs are very similar. It's all a matter of choice, which one is free, availability of plugins, and what you really want in an IDE. Personally, I use eclipse on my laptop. Primarily because all the clients I have worked at have always used IBM products, be it Websphere (WSAD), RAD 7. Eclipse is just like RAD 7, but will need quite a few readily available plugins (eg. Tomcat) to make it a full J2EE IDE. However, for a freely available IDE, it's very good.

As for automatic compilation of source in eclipse when saving, as mentioned by javadevil, these are all settings that can be enabled/disabled, and I would think the other IDEs have something like that.
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by kengimel(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2008
LOL, we had this same argument some time past on this forum. And after that i personally went on the search for the "perfect" IDE.

Before i could finish, i found out through newsletters (of various IDE companies) i subscribed to, that each of them where making or patching all the loop holes they had with reference to the advantages of competitors.

For example Netbeans users would attest to Netbeans 6.0 saga and how Netbeans now have swiftly responded with speed with Netbeans 6.1

This suggests to the developer that he should be consistent with what he can find that is suitable to his wing / style of  software development, seriously has to avoid gambling with various IDE's.

i guess every developer should be concerned and focus on "Agile Development"
which states:

-- Individuals and Interactions over processes and tools.

-- Working software over comprehensive documentation.

--Customer Collaboration over contract negotiation. shocked

-- Respond to change over following plan. wink
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by X2X(m): 4:34am On May 10, 2008
I had been with JBuilder since version 1 was released in 1997. We recently trialled NetBeans and Eclipse and settled  for Netbeans.

Eclipse probably has greater followership, and currently enjoy support from majors like IBM and Borland, etc. However, I personally find Eclipse unwieldy. I also don't like the idea of "unstandardized extensions"  - like SWT/JFace. Part of the reason why we dumped JBuilder was because the latest release is based on the Eclipse Platform.

Netbeans seems to me to be "slimmer" and more straight to the point and I love the Matisse UI developement features. In addition, since NB is from Sun, the IDE   would probably be the first to provide support for the most recent platform technologies and changes, I think.
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by javarules(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2008
Netbeans, sweet sweet netbeans, why will someone ever compare both, the only difference between Eclipse and Notepad++ is code-completion tongue, besides can anyone do it better than the owners(a yoruba proverb), if you want to see the beauty of Netbeans and the sloppiness of Eclipse start from GUI design, can eclipse ever compete with matisse? the GUI engine in Netbeans, till date there are even no free GUI tool for eclipse, even the one they sell relies heavily on SWT instead of SWING, take both IDE's tear them apart function by function and you will realise eclipse sucks, and to this guy
javadevil:

, But for mobile application development and J2EE i'll advice eclipse.
sorry but have u tried the Netbeans mobility GUI builder at all, where you build mobile apps by Drag n Drop? can eclipse match such a thing, I started java development with Notepad undecided then I moved to KAWA IDE, then to JEdit, then to JBuilder(powerful IDE not free), then I tried IDEA(powerful not free) then comes sweet sweet Netbeans(powerful and free), eclipse is just HYPE, I think some of you should take a look at this, http://www.netbeans.org/switch/realstories.html those are real stories,

You can't seem to beat that, can u?
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by logica(m): 11:34pm On May 12, 2008
indeed netbeans seems 2 have a powerful GUI design tool, but the problem is that not many people use GUI-based java applications these days. The power of Java has shifted to J2EE and J2ME, and is no longer applets or stand-alone apps. The last time i saw a project using java based GUI, it was a specialized project by the US government to cater for victims of natural disasters (indeed they were using netbeans for the project), and the app was to be deployed on special client computers reminiscent of POS units with special screens that were so small that the GUI design didn't look good on standard monitors (non-standard). Count how many times i used the word special (for you to have an idea of the user-base).

u really cannot argue that NetBeans beats Eclipse wrt mobile development especially when u consider that even the Android Mobile OS from Google readily has an ADT to facilitate development in Eclipse: http://code.google.com/android/intro/tools.html
Re: Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss by javaprince(m): 6:04am On May 16, 2008
SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH NETBEANS 6.0 AND 6.1[size=8pt]

I have been having serious problem with loading the Visual Java Web Faces for designing after creation. It only loads the JSP and Java Code views. What is the problem?? Has anyone used the Visual Studio .NET before, Issues of IDEs are hardly a question and u have to give it to them - Microsoft are very good at IDE designs.

However, am a Java programmer, so I need help on what to do. My system is a 1GB RAM, 1.86GHz(x2) Vista O/S and performance is very okay.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Is C++ Still A Relevant Programming Language Today? / List Of All States With Local Governments In Nigeria In JSON, PHP And SQL Format / Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.