Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! (10079 Views)

Rate Me: I Have Completed Coding Of A Mobile Social Network (afroblacks.com) / Long Awaited Site... Sharevites.com...Finally Lauched. / My Just Completed Android E-voting App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Okay guys.. I've finished building our community.. Gdevit.com

Reviews?

Dhtml18;
Fulaman198;
Teempakguy;
babayega;
hardebayho;
crotonite;

ALLU
mbatuku2
sleepingdemon
booyakasha
dhtml18
larisoft
nauman673
hcpaul
guru01
davidthegeek
sonoflucifer
hitz
Adesege
Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by jidez007: 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Smh with all your noise

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
jidez007:
Smh with all your noise
K

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by webninja: 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
jidez007:
Smh with all your noise

lwkmd.. useless newbie.. that gdevit site looks too cool and professional.. try coming up with something better than that before you comment next time.

booyakasha, you really did this shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
Booyakasha:

K

My guy you did a really good job. thumbs up i love the look and feel of the site.

the only prblm i noticed was that it loads slower than nairaland ( on mobile phone).

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Thirdwrist(m): 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
wow the site looks too good... Nice job.

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Toroze(m): 10:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bruv that looks good I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Thirdwrist(m): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
bug report:
after sign up the webpage does not redirect you to home page or profile just remains in the sign up page.

the site is really fast i am supper impressed you walk your talk...

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 10:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
Thirdwrist:
bug report:
after sign up the webpage does not redirect you to home page or profile just remains in the sign up page.
the site is really fast i am supper impressed you walk your talk...

Thanks man.. it's not a bug per se, it's just an idea to eliminate spam, if you look closely, there's a link to login... if you signed up you can login now.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 11:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Toroze:
Bruv that looks good I'm impressed

Thanks.. i hope you become an active contributor at gdevit wink

2 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by CodeHouse: 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
It is nice but your previous posts and the way you mark red other people's project, I thought I was going to be totally blown but naa.. My observations:

1. Nairaland has this simplicity that I couldn't find in yours but im sure with time, one would get used to navigating the site.

2. Im sure you had it in mind to sweep everyone off with the "Read" feature but I personally dont think it is necessary, I read the posts faster than text to speech bot. When I saw the feature I was expecting another button for speech input.

3. I don't know yet but I hope your post fields would accept tags?

4. It loads slower than expected

5. I like the name, go develop it, Gdevit, nice

6. Permit me to run a security test to check if I can call your database and manipulate

7. Try to explode the viewers so that we can see who viewed or liked a particular post

8. I hope it uses Ip to detect if someone wants to register more than once with the same device, I personally don't like forums where people have more than one account, I find it difficult to trust people there and also I personally would not advertise on such forum, it is misleading, like nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by CodeHouse: 11:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
I take back no 4.. my internet had issues, i think the load speed is very ok

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
I don vex o, I am supposed to be the first to comment. So here I am, rushing here to comment before checking out the great website.

But why did you repeat my name twice now? Maka why?

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by CodeHouse: 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
dhtml18:
I don vex o, I am supposed to be the first to comment. So here I am, rushing here to comment before checking out the great website.

No vex... lol
Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
CodeHouse:
It is nice but your previous posts and the way you mark red other people's project, I thought I was going to be totally blown but naa.. My observations:

1. Nairaland has this simplicity that I couldn't find in yours but im sure with time, one would get used to navigating the site.

2. Im sure you had it in mind to sweep everyone off with the "Read" feature but I personally dont think it is necessary, I read the posts faster than text to speech bot. When I saw the feature I was expecting another button for speech input.

3. I don't know yet but I hope your post fields would accept tags?

4. It loads slower than expected

5. I like the name, go develop it, Gdevit, nice

6. Permit me to run a security test to check if I can call your database and manipulate

7. Try to explode the viewers so that we can see who viewed or liked a particular post

8. I hope it uses Ip to detect if someone wants to register more than once with the same device, I personally don't like forums where people have more than one account, I find it difficult to trust people there and also I personally would not advertise on such forum, it is misleading, like nairaland

lol, do you know we built this community from scratch and will improve it gradually? I'm saying this so that you won't go hard on me, we aren't using any forum software and this is not "easy" stuff that you just say with words..

PS: the read feature is based on personal preference so deal with it man!! we aren't building the community for only you.. thanks for your quality advice, I'll be needing intelligent people like you around the community... tongue

Edit: You can't stop people from making fake accounts, it's hard, most users like to be anonymous sometimes hiding their real username by opening another account just so they don't get recognized and stuffs like that...

Go develop it? nice try.. it's Geeks developed it!!

3 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by CodeHouse: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
The font style though, to me, it looks not too serious, cartoon-like, use fonts that are standing upright, you used comic Sans?

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by CodeHouse: 11:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
Booyakasha:

lol, do you know we built this community from scratch and will improve it gradually? I'm saying this so that you won't go hard on me, we aren't using any forum software and this is not "easy" stuff that you just say with words..

PS: the read feature is based on personal preference so deal with it man!! we aren't building the community for only you.. thanks for your quality advice, I'll be needing intelligent people like you around the community... tongue

Enjoy your read feature, and yes some of us too build from scratch.. Wait o So lots of you guys developed this forum and nobody talked about the read feature?

Note: I am building a social network from scratch all by myself
Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
CodeHouse:
The font style though, to me, it looks not too serious, cartoon-like, use fonts that are standing upright, you used comic Sans?

hmm, that's my favorite font, i hate other fonts maybe because they're too common? what's it with the font now man? have you checked out the IC? grin

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
It is a very good effort, but I was able to hack it fairly easily on many levels despite not being a hacker (technically speaking). But unfortunately, I have to do like an all-night coding, so wont really get much time to review.

Then when you register, you need a success page to redirect the user to - or redirect to login page or wherever.

All in all, it is a very good effort and I am mightily impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by CodeHouse: 11:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Booyakasha:

hmm, that's my favorite font, i hate other fonts maybe because they're too common? what's it with the font now man? have you checked out the IC? grin

Abeg change that font jare d tin dey turn me down o but all together nice job you try small.. Dhtml I dey wait you o

Modified: dhtml love am, cool
Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
I am trying to PM the babe, i dont want to post my review here - i know many people are waiting just for that. But no, this is a serious-minded website, and I am not ready to troll anyhow here.

3 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
dhtml18:
It is a very good effort, but I was able to hack it fairly easily on many levels despite not being a hacker (technically speaking). But unfortunately, I have to do like an all-night coding, so wont really get much time to review.

Then when you register, you need a success page to redirect the user to - or redirect to login page or wherever.

All in all, it is a very good effort and I am mightily impressed.

CodeHouse:

Abeg change that font jare d tin dey turn me down o but all together nice job you try small.. Dhtml I dey wait you o
Modified: dhtml love am, cool

grin Thanks you very much..!! i would say the same thing to anyone here because I'm not so different am i grin
Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by CodeHouse: 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
dhtml18:
I am trying to PM the babe, i dont want to post my review here - i know many people are waiting just for that. But no, this is a serious-minded website, and I am not ready to troll anyhow here.

See maturity in your voice.. lol that moniker no be babe o..and talking about PM, what is nairaland problem sef, you cannot even send PM abeg make I go send PM for gdevit i dey come
Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by babayega(m): 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
Built from scratch, so salute to you. I like the font, its fun and informal. I viewed on chrome mobile. I'll evaluate responsiveness via operamini and gave further review.

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by sleepingdemon: 11:46pm On Jun 13, 2016
Abeg, whats the meaning of ALUU.
Seen the site, looks quite cool, but ive not been able to navigate through ot, however theres a possible risk of integer overflow. But its almost nothing to worry about

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
I wonder how much concurrent users the website can handle, and what will happen if one attempt some basic attacks on it - just for testing.

Hmn, i just launched a DOS attack on the server right now, and it passed the simple test - fair enough. But the attack is not very strong though.
if it is some typical naija website, it would have died by now.

So i shall release it, will continue some other minor tests later on - but you should still get a real ethical hacker to help you test-run things.

2 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by GreatOlu1: 11:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
Booyakasha:

Reviews?

Dhtml18;
Fulaman198;
Teempakguy;
babayega;
hardebayho;
crotonite;

ALLU
mbatuku2
sleepingdemon
booyakasha
dhtml18
larisoft
nauman673
hcpaul
guru01
davidthegeek
sonoflucifer
hitz
Adesege

Good job.
very impressed,
count me a user already.

2 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 14, 2016
Booyakasha:

Reviews?

Nairaland doesn't have a thumbs up smiley. and Gdevit does.

For that only, I'd give any site four out of five thumbs.

Everything else only contributes to my "geekgarsm" hence, you get four and a half out of five. the remaining half is to keep you on your toes. maybe one day, I'll let you have it. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by maekhel(m): 1:03am On Jun 14, 2016
Bug report:
Trying to create new with being logged in return to 404 page.
You should handle that properly with something like "you have to be logged in to create a new thread" instead of the 404 page.

Another thing, not a bug though. Why do I have to confirm that I want to logout?

More reviews to come...

All in all, nice job.

1 Like

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by jidez007: 5:12am On Jun 14, 2016
webninja:

lwkmd.. useless newbie.. that gdevit site looks too cool and professional.. try coming up with something better than that before you comment next time.

booyakasha, you really did this shocked shocked

You are more useless if you think I'm a newbie
Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by omoelu1(m): 6:35am On Jun 14, 2016
dhtml18:

But why did you repeat my name twice now? Maka why?
Remember they said Jay Jay okocha was so good, they named him twice grin

4 Likes

Re: Gdevit.com Finally Completed Guys!! by Booyakasha(f): 6:47am On Jun 14, 2016
I'm so happy guys.. thanks for the positive reviews... cool

maekhel:
Bug report:
Trying to create new with being logged in return to 404 page.
You should handle that properly with something like "you have to be logged in to create a new thread" instead of the 404 page.
Another thing, not a bug though. Why do I have to confirm that I want to logout?
More reviews to come...
All in all, nice job.

Will work on that ASAP!!

Teempakguy:

Nairaland doesn't have a thumbs up smiley. and Gdevit does.
For that only, I'd give any site four out of five thumbs.
Everything else only contributes to my "geekgarsm" hence, you get four and a half out of five. the remaining half is to keep you on your toes. maybe one day, I'll let you have it. tongue

Yes comrade!

dhtml18:
I wonder how much concurrent users the website can handle, and what will happen if one attempt some basic attacks on it - just for testing.
Hmn, i just launched a DOS attack on the server right now, and it passed the simple test - fair enough. But the attack is not very strong though.
if it is some typical naija website, it would have died by now.
So i shall release it, will continue some other minor tests later on - but you should still get a real ethical hacker to help you test-run things.

Ok cool... it can handle enough concurrent users i think, but not on the scale of nairaland.. wink

GreatOlu1:

Good job.
very impressed,
count me a user already.

eh eh.. grin

babayega:
Built from scratch, so salute to you. I like the font, its fun and informal. I viewed on chrome mobile. I'll evaluate responsiveness via operamini and gave further review.
Alright sir... thanks for the positivity.. smiley

sleepingdemon:
Abeg, whats the meaning of ALUU.
Seen the site, looks quite cool, but ive not been able to navigate through ot, however theres a possible risk of integer overflow. But its almost nothing to worry about

why please explain.. security very much my concern..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LEARN ETHICAL HACKING,TIPS AND TRICKS / Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? / What Does It Take To Develop An Ecommerce Site Like Ebay & Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.