Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice (2513 Views)

How Does One Cook Jellof Rice Without Burning It / Fried Rice VS Jellof Rice, Which Do You Prefare? / How Can I Make Delicious Jellof Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 6:35am On May 04, 2013
I have tasted both and I personally think the basmati version is the easiest to cook and the best... Just as basmati rice is the best rice..

1 Like

Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by ZACHIE: 6:46am On May 04, 2013
I guess you are talking to yourself.
All you wrote up there hardly made any sense to me.
No need to abuse me after seeing this
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Egbagirl(f): 7:07am On May 04, 2013
Hahahaha you really did!
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 7:10am On May 04, 2013
Sis, can you convince me and give me reasons why long grain is the best thing since slice bread? grin
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Egbagirl(f): 7:21am On May 04, 2013
ZACHIE: I guess you are talking to yourself.
All you wrote up there hardly made any sense to me.
No need to abuse me after seeing this

It's not so complicated. He's asking for public opinion bou basmati rice and long grain. He personally prefers basmati.
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Egbagirl(f): 7:22am On May 04, 2013
shymexx: Sis, can you convince me and give me reasons why long grain is the best thing since slice bread? grin

The taste itself! The way it feels in your mouth too... Heaven! cheesy it doesn't stick like basmati. undecided
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by ZUBY77(m): 7:25am On May 04, 2013
I will chose basmati anyday. The smell alone is heaven.
You can even eat it without source.

1 Like

Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 7:26am On May 04, 2013
Egba girl:

The taste itself! The way it feels in your mouth too... Heaven! cheesy it doesn't stick like basmati. undecided

I'm Nigerian and I know what it tastes like lol... Basmati gives that uniqueness and delicious taste you won't get from the plump/chunky long grain...
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 7:26am On May 04, 2013
ZUBY77: I will chose basmati anyday. The smell alone is heaven.
You can even eat it without source.

Church!!!

Basmati all day!! cool
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by ZACHIE: 7:32am On May 04, 2013
I hardly enjoy basmati rice. ever since i tried cooking it myself and ended up with a puddingy paste i gave up.
i love regular parboiled long grain rice any day.
Shymexx there is no best between two things.....ahahha.got you there
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by splashbaby(m): 7:39am On May 04, 2013
Basmati aroma can make you super hungry...God bless those Indians
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Egbagirl(f): 7:47am On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

I'm Nigerian and I know what it tastes like lol... Basmati gives that uniqueness and delicious taste you won't get from the plump/chunky long grain...

Hahahahahahahaaha dang! You've jus nicely insulted my long grain. Hmmm okay o. When first started eating basmati, I liked it but then I ate that almost everyday for like 4years and I was missing my long grain. Guess I was starved of it for too long
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Egbagirl(f): 7:48am On May 04, 2013
ZACHIE: I hardly enjoy basmati rice. ever since i tried cooking it myself and ended up with a puddingy paste i gave up.

Yea cooking basmati is kinda funny. Jus like jasmine too
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 7:54am On May 04, 2013
Egba girl:
Hahahahahahahaaha dang! You've jus nicely insulted my long grain. Hmmm okay o. When first started eating basmati, I liked it but then I ate that almost everyday for like 4years and I was missing my long grain. Guess I was starved of it for too long

Lmao at the bolded... It seems Nigerians love eating rice everyday - that's reminiscent of when I used to live with my parents... It was rice, rice, rice, and more rice.. grin

Anyway, I'm not going back to long grain any time soon...
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 7:55am On May 04, 2013
ZACHIE: I hardly enjoy basmati rice. ever since i tried cooking it myself and ended up with a puddingy paste i gave up.

It's easier to cook...

Just make you don't add too much water and there's no point parboiling it...
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 7:56am On May 04, 2013
splashbaby: Basmati aroma can make you super hungry...God bless those Indians

Tell 'em, bro...
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Egbagirl(f): 8:03am On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao at the bolded... It seems Nigerians love eating rice everyday - that's reminiscent of when I used to live with my parents... It was rice, rice, rice, and more rice.. grin

Anyway, I'm not going back to long grain any time soon...

I tell you!! No lies! But even though I don't live w em, i still eat it almost errday. It's sad. Too sad. And... Okay
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Egbagirl(f): 8:04am On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

It's easier to cook...

Just make you don't add too much water and there's no point parboiling it...

Took me a while to get the hang of it. Left my mom to cook it chale.
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by Nobody: 8:10am On May 04, 2013
Egba girl:

I tell you!! No lies! But even though I don't live w em, i still eat it almost errday. It's sad. Too sad. And... Okay

Lmao.... Same here - but I left it alone for good now..
Re: Basmati Jellof Rice Vs Long Grain Jellof Rice by damiso(f): 2:18pm On May 04, 2013
Basmati anytime.I no longer buy long grain.Its too chunky.

If you live in the Uk try Asli basmati rice for jollof and fried rice.Same consistency as traditional long grain jollof rice but fluffier.

(1) (Reply)

Ways Gluten And Wheat Can Damage Your Health / You Love Garri But Afraid Of Lassa...check This / Order Ur Unique, Affordable, And Beautiful Cakes For All Occasions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.