Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister (12472 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Disputed Abuja Land: Patience, Turai To Give Final Address / FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by oloriooko(m): 8:00am On May 04, 2013
Why We Seized Turai Yar’adua’s Land - Abuja Minister

The Federal Capital Authority sought to underplay a stinging legal defeat it suffered Thursday on land dispute between first lady, Patience Jonathan, and her predecessor, Turai Yar’Adua, accusing Mrs. Yar’Adua of seizing a public land for herself, and insisting it acted right in withdrawing the allocation.

The FCT minister, Bala Mohammed, said he acted in public interest, a claim dismissed by the court in reaching it decision on Thursday.

“The records show that the said plot of land was wrongly redesigned and reallocated to WAYEF, Turai’s NGO in her twilight days as the First Lady in 2010,” Mr. Mohammed said in a statement issued by his spokesperson, Nosike Ogbuenyi.

“The FCTA found the action of reallocating a public land to a private NGO inappropriate and therefore took proper action to revoke the reallocation and restore the land to the original allotee, the AFLPM.”

Thus, the action was taken in the overall public interest and for that reason alone, he said.

An Abuja High Court on Thursday invalidated the purported revocation order on the plot measuring about 1.84 hectares allocated to the former first lady’s organization, Women and Youth Empowerment Foundation, WAYEF.

The court, presided by Peter Affen, said the claim by Mr. Mohammed that he acted in the overriding public interest was not supported by any of evidence before the court, ordering that the initial offer to Mrs. Yar’Adua’s organization remains valid.

“The defendants failed woefully to adduce any shred of evidence before this court to support their claims that the allocation of the land was revoked on overriding public interest. There is no overriding public interest in this issue,” the judge said. “The allocation made to the plaintiff who is a vocational training centre was in public interest and in line with section 28 (1) of Land Use Act.”

After the ruling, the head of legal unit of the FCT, Imaobong Okpongete, said after the decision will be appealed, and defended the minister whom she said exercised the power of his office accordingly in revoking a plot and reallocating same.

But the minister, said in the statement, that the ministry was still studying the court decision and was awaiting the original certified true copy of the ruling.

Mrs. Yar’Adua’s team has however dismissed the threat of an appeal, vowing a repeat victory at appeal.

“Let them bring it on. We will love them to appeal,” a lawyer for Mrs. Yar’Adua, Innocent Lagi, said. “This culture of impunity must stop.”

“The issue of impunity in this country cannot continue. We will like the Supreme Court to deliver judgment on this case,” he said.

History of transfer

The long-drawn legal battle dates back to 2010 after the plot, cornered by Mrs. Yar’Adua in February 2010 while she was the First Lady, was revoked by the FCT minister and re-awarded to Mrs. Jonathan.

While Mrs. Yar’Adua obtained the plot for her pet project, Women and Youth Empowerment Foundation, WAYEF, Mrs. Jonathan got the allocation for her initiative, African First Ladies’ Peace Mission, AFLPM.

The contentious plot is located within the Central Business District, close to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja.

Repeated attempts at negotiated settlement failed ahead of the court ruling on Thursday.

Apparently in response to the media’s gleeful report of how the Mrs. Jonathan was floored in court by Mrs. Yar’Adua, the FCT minister Mr. Mohammed specifically disclaimed that the case involved Mrs. Jonathan. He said it concerned his ministry only.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305040065.html
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by devigblegble: 10:18am On May 04, 2013
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by outrage: 10:22am On May 04, 2013
This na shame o! Go sidon quietly but him just dey shed light on the thing more and more!

By the way why hasn't this topic made FP?
https://www.nairaland.com/1279137/india-reduces-petrol-prices
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by Kairoseki77: 10:25am On May 04, 2013
oloriooko: “Let them bring it on. We will love them to appeal,” a lawyer for Mrs. Yar’Adua, Innocent Lagi, said. “This culture of impunity must stop.”

“The issue of impunity in this country cannot continue.
We will like the Supreme Court to deliver judgment on this case,” he said.

Oh, be quiet!
Both of them are heartless criminals.

Two thieves fighting over stolen land. Mumus...

5 Likes

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by redcliff: 10:27am On May 04, 2013
why them come dey tell us?
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by otunbacymbal(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2013
nonsenses
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by mbhs139(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2013
Awon wehrey! grin grin grin
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by Gudiza(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2013
OK
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by floriana(m): 10:41am On May 04, 2013
God prepared men-o-pause for men. Women stole it and began using it even without changing the name to women-o-pause. Now menopause has become a big problem among women. That is why you have these two Yeye women who have hit menopause fighting publicly over stolen property.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by slimghost(m): 10:47am On May 04, 2013
The dumbest FCT Minister ever!
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by Jibson999(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2013
oloriooko: Why We Seized Turai Yar’adua’s Land - Abuja Minister, Mrs. Jonathan got the allocation for her initiative, African First Ladies’ Peace Mission, AFLPM.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305040065.html
Pls who d hell are african first ladies
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by OmoPastor(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2013
this is a show of shame especially on dame for dragging GEJs' name in the mud by going to the court to fight over land (aside the numerous ones she's acquired since coming to power) with a widow.

what i can infer from this show of shame is that GEJ is a figure head in his family with little or no authority over the wife or is it GEJ own idea to fight the power hungry turai for the land? what a bunch of kiddy leaders we have in this country.

above all, the dummy pun minister of fct opening up his igbo-filled buccal cavity to try and explain the embarrassing shameful display of their lack of gumption in fighting over land..........*shaking head in sadness*

4 Likes

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by Novice1(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2013
floriana: God prepared men-o-pause for men. Women stole it and began using it even without changing the name to women-o-pause. Now menopause has become a big problem among women. That is why you have these two Yeye women who have hit menopause fighting publicly over stolen property.

I dont think Patience has hit menopause. She just looks too obese to enjoy $ex
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by ooofreezy(m): 11:15am On May 04, 2013
Like the lawyer said this act of impunity must stop in this nation!.....this is a disdain for the law of this country for crying out loud!!! Something has to be done, you don't just wake up one morning and decide to make other people sad because you are in the position of power.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:25am On May 04, 2013
What's this minister talking about?
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by miqos02(m): 11:56am On May 04, 2013
oloriooko:

History of transfer

The long-drawn legal battle dates back to 2010 after the plot, cornered by Mrs. Yar’Adua in February 2010 while she was the First Lady, was revoked by the FCT minister and re-awarded to Mrs. Jonathan.

Thief steal am, thief collect am.battle of thieves

2 Likes

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by ismokeweed1(f): 11:56am On May 04, 2013
please let them not seize the whole land oh . . . at least let them leave her with just 1/8th of a plot for her to dig a 6ft hole where she can be buried in someday

1 Like

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by herodotus: 12:03pm On May 04, 2013
Africa is always perfect with imperfection.........first lady??......NGOs......all na lie!!!
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by redsun(m): 12:06pm On May 04, 2013
This said portion of land was to be used for a charitable cause and probably allocated on that ground. So why are they personalizing it?

If the land wasn't used for what it was allocated for,it should be reissued to another charitable organisation that will use it for a genuine cause.

Shameless thieving and opportunistic btchies

1 Like

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by 1025: 12:14pm On May 04, 2013
may God punish u minister. all of u will suffer all ur crimes against this useless jungle u call nigeria. give the land to the widow. her husband was not as greedy as most of u and if that land is the only thing she can steal among other things, let her have it. pdp is so shameless and their greed for public funds and properties is the reason for the situation in this jungle(nigeria).

1 Like

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by wheesin(m): 12:17pm On May 04, 2013
mrs turai weeping.,.' IS IT BECAUSE MY HUSBAND HAS DIED THATS WHY ARE CHEATING ON ME..THE LAND IS MINE !

Mrs Patience: SEE HER HEAD..HUSBAND SNATCHER..YOU WANT TO STOLE MY HUSBAND BEHIND MY FRONT BECAUSE YOUR OWN HAS PASS AWAY...BAD BELLE ..THE LAND IS FOR ME..

6 Likes

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by FILEBE(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2013
Mtshweee! As i dey hear "fight...fight". I come tink say d two of dem throw punch or tear theirselves clothes.
Na wa to Nigeria o! Boko Haram never do us as a problem ni? Na to dey watch una fight over land dey do us abi?
Na God fit help Nigeria o
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by rezzy: 12:46pm On May 04, 2013
Land don finish for FCT ni?
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by gerald09(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Oh, be quiet!
Both of them are heartless criminals.

Two thieves fighting over stolen land. Mumus...
Only in Nigeria were there are no honours amongst thieves
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by ebuka365: 1:11pm On May 04, 2013
shocked aah!
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by OuchDaddy(m): 1:17pm On May 04, 2013
OmoPastor: this is a show of shame especially on dame for dragging GEJs' name in the mud by going to the court to fight over land (aside the numerous ones she's acquired since coming to power) with a widow.

what i can infer from this show of shame is that GEJ is a figure head in his family with little or no authority over the wife or is it GEJ own idea to fight the power hungry turai for the land? what a bunch of kiddy leaders we have in this country.

above all, the dummy pun minister of fct opening up his IGBO-FILLED buccal cavity to try and explain the embarrassing shameful display of their lack of gumption in fighting over land..........*shaking head in sadness*

i tried...
Biliv me, i did tried....
To.....
Stop u.......
From.......
Displaying.......
Your
foolishness!!!!
Now d whole world knws ur secret!!!! Capital Fool, where was it inscribed that the useless minister is IGBO! Stupid person!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by vandarsar(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2013
I believe GEJ is using Dame as smoke screen to chop more money why you lots are castigating her..... Sharpest Fisherman ever!
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by gerald09(m): 1:19pm On May 04, 2013
Was finkin this land was giving to the office of the first lady for an organisation that would benefit the public if she aint the first lady again y is d land still under her name and 2nd I tot this first lady mission house has bin cancelled cos the pubic went against it y is it still popping up again cos if both parties hav no reason to own the land don't it go back to the govt? Look hw this 2 first ladies are show their dirty panties in public all cos to show power, surly some Nigerian act like baboons, throwing s*hit on there faces.
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by gerald09(m): 1:24pm On May 04, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:

i tried...
Biliv me, i did tried....
To.....
Stop u.......
From.......
Displaying.......
Your
foolishness!!!!
Now d whole world knws ur secret!!!! Capital Fool, where was it inscribed that the useless minister is IGBO! Stupid person!!
Dude relax he didn't mean IGBO as in tribe but IGBO as in weed, ganja, mary jay.
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by OmoPastor(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2013
gerald09:
Dude relax he didn't mean IGBO as in tribe but IGBO as in weed, ganja, mary jay.

thank you very much sir for opening his eyes to see cos seem the guy writes before thinking

now who is the person?
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by gen2briz(m): 3:03pm On May 04, 2013
Re: Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister by jumobi1(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2013
Which $ did Turai use to acquire the land?
If her non-profit was allocated the land based on her being 1st Lady then it should be revoked or transferred to the current First Lady's NGO.
I think the Court got this wrong. Turai can't own that land. Where did she get money for all the investments she made?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China / Imo 2023: Imolites Online Lets Vote H.e. Emeka Ihedioha PDP For Governor Again. / Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.