Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court (14038 Views)

Tinubu Vs DAAR Communications: Parties Failed To Settle Case Out Of Court (Pics) / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Raphtop(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2012
THE Federal Government yesterday prayed an Abuja High Court for time for it to settle out of court a tussle between the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan and former First Lady, Hajiya Turai Yar’Adua over a prized plot of land situated at Cadastral Zone in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.

However, documents before the court showed that the disputed plot of land was duly allocated to Hajiya Yar’Adua’s non-governmental organisation - Women and Youth Empowerment Foundation (WYEF) by the Minister for the FCT with the Right of Occupancy dully issued to it.

Following an application by the Registered Trustees of WYEF, the FCT Minister had granted an allocation of plot 1347 Cadastral Zone after the Foundation paid the sum of N184.529, 438 as statutory Right of Occupancy, which was duly issued by the Minister for Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Under the terms of grant, the plaintiff was given three years to develop the property based on approved building plans.

After payment of the various levies, the plaintiff paid additional sum of N76, 936,210.00 as building plan fees following which the grant and approval of the building plans were made and given in line with the master plan for Abuja.

Thereafter, the plaintiff appointed and mobilized a building company, Al-Cooks Nigeria Limited to site to develop the property at the sum of N13, 516,013,797.58.

On November 1, 2011, the Federal Capital Territory Administration sent an additional bill of N18, 529,438 being the balance of the various charges under the grant, which the plaintiff paid the next day.

Shortly after these transactions, the Minister for the FCT, without reasons, issued a notice of revocation of the said property, which it allocated to the plaintiff for the purpose of building public institution (Training/Vocational Centre). The said letter of revocation was backdated with effect from October 27, 2011.

Immediately after the revocation letter was issued, the FCT Minister, Bala Muhammed swiftly re-allocated the plot to another organization, African First Ladies Peace Centre, which the current First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, is believed to be a sponsor.

It was at this stage that Hajiya Yar’Adua’s organisation went to court to challenge the actions of the minister with respect to the revocation letter.

Before Justice Peter Affen, it sought and obtained a restraining order barring the Minister and the FCT administration, the Abuja Geographical Information System (AGIS) and the Attorney General of the Federation from carrying out further activities at the site.

But while the order of the court was still subsisting, the defendants in defiance of the said order mobilised workers to site to commence construction.

Faced with this act of arbitrariness, counsel to WYEF, Innocent Lagi went back to the court and initiated contempt proceedings against the respective defendants.

However, in an attempt to frustrate the hearing of the contempt proceedings, the office of the Attorney General of the Federation last Friday approached the court with a motion seeking to vacate the said order.

But Justice Affen ordered the AGF to put the necessary parties on notice and adjourned the matter for yesterday.

When the matter was called yesterday, counsel from the chambers of the AGF, Baba Sa’idu informed the court of Government’s willingness to settle the matter amicably out of court.

He added that already, his client has reached out to all the counsel to the parties before the court; a position collaborated by counsel the FCT Minister, the FCT Administration and AGIS, Felix Ibanga just as the plaintiff counsel, Lagi also confirmed the development.

Meanwhile, the case has been adjourned till September 24, 2012.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93393:fg-to-settle-jonathan-yaradua-land-feud-out-of-court&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by kodewrita(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
Yes, this is why she deserves a pension, people!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by kokabiel(f): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
kodewrita: Yes, this is why she deserves a pension, people!!!
it won't be until after 2015 when the next First lady inaugurates the "Widows Mite Foundation" on the same land and grab it from Patience J wink

4 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by StarrMatthieu: 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
Great
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2012
The tussle/rivalry between the two over landed properties in Abuja is highly great.
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Mandelaguy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
Make dem settle well naa.
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2012
@OPn So you had the time to copy the entire lenght of this report but couldn't copy the entire source url?
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
The piece of land should be ceded to fulani herds men.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Maxymilliano(m): 6:31am On Jul 25, 2012
Patience is just a trouble maker.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by 9jii(m): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
cox naija will never seize to be a show house,i love u my country.NEXT
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by lacasa: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
Naa waa oo

Turai's ex-subordinate Patience is now fighting her former superior

Hm°=-?..нмм..=-?°.. Incredible turn oof events grin
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by gegee(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
sey na turai side of the story dem post here for us
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by redcliff: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
[size=30pt]na wa o . see the way them just dey cal million, billion (or no be 13b i c for there?)dey drag for land wey no be their papa own. naija i hail thee[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by chuks49(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Maxymilliano: Patience is just a trouble maker.

Abi

1 Like

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by tunapawizzy: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
May God punish both Turai n Patience

2 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Pastorniga: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
Challenge them with waist power. It works when its used judiciously. I bet you that.
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by jude33084(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
They are both criminal angry

grin˚°◦hahahaha. <//>.
_\\_

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
Maxymilliano: Patience is just a trouble maker.

Not just a trouble maker, she appears to be daft. If she does it that means someone can do it to her as well after leaving power! Someone might as well seize the building from her in future. If I were in her shoes, I would avoid having troubles with anything Turai.

Like wife like husband, greediness personified!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by blackbeau1(f): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
This is one of the reasons I've stopped buying movies.naija is a huge cinema,where you can watch all the drama you want witout paying

3 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mrs retardinho is now the president of nigeria! What is mr retardinho doing? This pple go sell us one day o! I won't be surprised one early morning and hear that nigeria have been sold!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by mikeapollo: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
You can see the shamelessness of the Nigerian nation. They are busy fighting over a loot!

This kind of nonesense would not happen in a civilised nations, some of which we try to diminish by calling them 'ordinary' or 'common'1

But this woman called Patience is a big disgrace..... Fighting the widow of the former boss of your husband! Is that land the only land available in her, or the only one she can use for whatever useless project she has?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
black_beau: This is one of the reasons I've stopped buying movies.naija is a huge cinema,where you can watch all the drama you want witout paying

lol. Drama unlimited.
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by emsgray: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
that land land has to be confiscated. the office of the first lady must stop to exist. howxthe first lady get such money to purchase such.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by nifemi01(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
Lol, i saw a topic relating to this b4 thought it was meant as a joke.
Dame no wan gree o, E wan beat johnny boy for popularity contest.
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
One thing i have come to realise is this-PATIENCE IS A GREEDY WOMAN...i cant seize to wonder if this administration is not the worst so far!

6 Likes

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by maasoap(m): 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
So, Patience Jonathan has found new habit, land grabbing. Or better still, land hijacking. Being a first lady with millions of naira as yearly budget in addition to being a permanent secretary in Bayelsa state is not enough. These husband and wife are just too greedy for my liking. Call them thieves, fraudsters, scammers, cunning duo, clueless or retardens, you are still right. Ex first lady acquired the said land for building center for "Women and Youth Development Centre" while Mrs Umbrera wants to hijack the land for building "African First Ladies Peace Centre". So much for the Permanent Secretary.

1 Like

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by jayceejeffrey: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
Oh nigeria! Na wa o..what a shame? Patience please show respect to turiah.She was there before you.she's quit and humble and her husband would hv bn d best president ever in Nigeria.SO PLEASE PEACE

1 Like

Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by norrisman: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
redcliff: [size=30pt]na wa o . see the way them just dey cal million, billion (or no be 13b i c for there?)dey drag for land wey no be their papa own. naija i hail thee[/size]

I swear down! I just hope say the last 2 digits na .00kobo!
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by jude33084(m): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2012
Patience should stop fooling arround. IF Turai wrong her in τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ past she should forget about it look for another land angry
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by agbo1luv(m): 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
tunapawizzy: May God punish both Turai n Patience
AMEN
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by ifeteminikan: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2012
See dance of shame......... This country na wah!!!!!
Re: FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court by jamp: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
dey drag land way no be their papa land. Chei. why should the land cost that amount. OH God where are u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State Deputy Governors Lodge On Fire (Video) / Jonathan’s Book, “My Transition Hours” To Cost N10,500 / Babagana Zulum Tells Military To Recapture Kukawa From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.