Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing (11414 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / South Korea Visa rules eased / Polish Student Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by ninja4life(m): 2:23pm On May 04, 2013
If dem like dey should even close their borders all i know is dat it does not stop me from having 342 in dis jamb.
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Paschal007: 2:25pm On May 04, 2013
When is Nigeria tightening her visa rules? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by BEREMISASLUT(m): 2:44pm On May 04, 2013
Islam is an incurable disease
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by nelajayi(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2013
la furia:
Do you blame them? If USA finds pleasure in sending drones and invading nations on false pretence and lies, y should they feel safe. Is USA the only country in the world? You don't go about setting people's house on fire and expect yours to be secure. There are more terrorist in the world today than 10yrs ago, all thanks to them. Y is UK that allows lot of immigrants from d middle east no facing lot of issues, simple, they mind their business unlike the US who feels they must have a say in every countries affairs.
u'r making so much sense!
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by justwise(m): 3:46pm On May 04, 2013
Paschal007: When is Nigeria tightening her visa rules? cheesy grin

For who?
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by mamagee3(f): 4:25pm On May 04, 2013
Just because of a bunch of moorons
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by StanleyChigo(m): 5:01pm On May 04, 2013
ninja4life: If dem like dey should even close their borders all i know is dat it does not stop me from having 342 in dis jamb.
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 04, 2013
la furia:
Do you blame them? If USA finds pleasure in sending drones and invading nations on false pretence and lies, y should they feel safe. Is USA the only country in the world? You don't go about setting people's house on fire and expect yours to be secure. There are more terrorist in the world today than 10yrs ago, all thanks to them. Y is UK that allows lot of immigrants from d middle east no facing lot of issues, simple, they mind their business unlike the US who feels they must have a say in every countries affairs.

Really? the london train bombings ring a bell?
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by justwise(m): 5:30pm On May 04, 2013
la furia:

You are wrong, since 77 bombing in London UK has prevented more than 7 major bombing plots and many are serving life jail sentences now, the latest was just last week.

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 04, 2013
Sweet... Good morning Obama punk. I'm glad you're waking up already
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by justwise(m): 5:57pm On May 04, 2013
Klinee: US is a silly nation.they will like to keep their country in other while they will be causing disorderliness in other people's country.i like it when i hear bomb blast in that foolish country called U.S.A.

Yes and we have Boko haram because Nigeria is busy causing disorderliness in other people's country?

3 Likes

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by brightedge(m): 6:12pm On May 04, 2013
I wonder why some of us find this appalling. It is absolutely OK for them to do this. They didn't say they're not going to give student visas anymore. What I understand is that they wont make any assumptions when dealing with students. International students in the US do not go through rigorous scrutiny when they show their student ID cards and it appears to be valid. If an immigrant has a student visa and he's not currently enrolled in a university, then what is he doing in the country? Such idle minds are usually fertile grounds for breeding evil.

Furthermore, why would you condemn a country for trying to protect her citizens? If Nigeria had tightened their borders and immigration rules, then we would have not been infested with the extra Boko Haram sympathizers from Niger, Chad, or even Mali. This is what a progressive country does. When they find a loop hole, they fix it! Since they've realized that its possible for discrepancies between student visas and enrollment status to exist...all they are doing is to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. After all, they have the resources (database records, etc) to do this.

So please stop hating!

2 Likes

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by MsNas(f): 7:37pm On May 04, 2013
BEREMISASLUT: Islam is an incurable disease
Smh for you. Islam is an incurable disease? Fine! But have you ever though you as a person might not even make it to heaven because of your attitude? Deride all you want, religion doesn't save you, you save yourself. Mor.on

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 04, 2013
This generation doesnt need foreign education cos all body of knowledge and even more are available on the internet, all that anyone needs is ability to read and write then proceed to online schools and study even better. America can tighten their borders, success can be found anywhere, only the very lazy travel across borders for quest of money, last I checked, there is no limit to what is achievable in any location on Earth. Even pure water has limitless demand.

3 Likes

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Emmanuelson(m): 8:53pm On May 04, 2013
Hi guys...i have a question to ask about this topic......let me start by telling you guys about my story.......my mum won a visa lottery 2years ago with my name as the beneficiary,,she went to the embassy without me and she was denied visa cos the VO said am not there with her,,so she booked another appointment and i went with her,so when the VO wanted to give us the visa then he asked for my passport and i told him am not traveling with her[cos my dad want me to complete my undergraduate program here],,so he gave my mum alone and i asked him if i can come back and get mine when am ready and he said YES....but my question now is : if i will still be able to get this visa now that the US have cancelled the visa lottery or it does not affect me cos i already won with my mum 2years ago......please guys i will really appreciate your replies cos am worried right now....
thaks
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by justwise(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2013
Emmanuelson: Hi guys...i have a question to ask about this topic......let me start by telling you guys about my story.......my mum won a visa lottery 2years ago with my name as the beneficiary,,she went to the embassy without me and she was denied visa cos the VO said am not there with her,,so she booked another appointment and i went with her,so when the VO wanted to give us the visa then he asked for my passport and i told him am not traveling with her[cos my dad want me to complete my undergraduate program here],,so he gave my mum alone and i asked him if i can come back and get mine when am ready and he said YES....but my question now is : if i will still be able to get this visa now that the US have cancelled the visa lottery or it does not affect me cos i already won with my mum 2years ago......please guys i will really appreciate your replies cos am worried right now....
thaks

The cancellation doesn't affect you, your case was settled years ago before the cancellation decision was made, so when you are ready go and pick up your visa.
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Emmanuelson(m): 9:22pm On May 04, 2013
@justwise ...thanks bro,,you have always been there for me on the other thread [ general us student thread]....thanks for relieving me bro.......GGMUB
justwise:

The cancellation doesn't affect you, your case was settled years ago before the cancellation decision was made, so when you are ready go and pick up your visa.
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by justwise(m): 9:26pm On May 04, 2013
Emmanuelson: @justwise ...thanks bro,,you have always been there for me on the other thread [ general us student thread]....thanks for relieving me bro.......GGMUB

All the very best.
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Visman(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2013
Klinee: US is a silly nation.they will like to keep their country in other while they will be causing disorderliness in other people's country.i like it when i hear bomb blast in that foolish country called U.S.A.
and i will lyk it wen dey strike u to death,useless backward terrorist without regards 4human life.

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by BEDMON1900: 10:13pm On May 04, 2013
fados4sure: US is a terrorist country. They should go an sit down!
‎‏ ‏Thank you bros, US is where terrorist studies terrorism,perhaps they will call other countries terrorist,they trained the leader of this so called al-qaedah (‎‏(القيدة‎ group Osama‏ (أوسامة)‏‎ and used him against so many nations in return of their oil,now he bounced back to them and while called him terrorist,is this bolthon bombing or what have also a plan of al-qaedah group....US, sit down and talk to ur brain,u are neither a giant of the world nor a revivalist,because of the bombing that happens in the white house and was publicised by al jazeerah last week,would you believe that they restricted this station for televising for few hours.......US......infact i'm short of words....

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 04, 2013
Can't blame them, it's their country, so they get to set their rules. To those preaching "stop studying abroad" I guess it's because you've never stepped out of the shore of Nigeria, then you would know that there is nothing related to education in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by khiaa(f): 3:49am On May 05, 2013

Go to HELL. grin Oh I forgot, your'e already there. hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by babakb: 11:28am On May 05, 2013
No matter how you try to portray islam with a bad name you will never succeed because the unchangeable and incorruptible QUR'AN will remain until the end of time, every true muslim is a potential soldier ready protect the only religion of truth with his wealth and life, we muslims are not fighting for ALLAH because ALLAH can never be intimidated and can never be threatened rather we are obeying HIS command that we should fight those persecuting us for our faith and chasing us out of our homes, the Christians should read the bible very well that is full of war stories and tell me fighting is not permitted in the bible or the Christians should start preventing Christians from joining the armed forces, paramilitary and law enforcement agencies if they think they are the most peaceful people on earth. nothern malians didn't kill innocent people they simply broke out and said they wanted sharia nation yet the whole world is fighting them, if the world want to outlaw sharia nations then they will never be peace.

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by BigBashiru: 1:09pm On May 05, 2013
Sometimes I want to visit America... I can easily enter by road, train or air. After I check the amount of time I usually spend @ the border on their security checks, I find it constitutes a waste of time. Pls dont waste my time due to ur terrorist prevention measures!
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by justwise(m): 1:18pm On May 05, 2013
babakb: No matter how you try to portray islam with a bad name you will never succeed because the unchangeable and incorruptible QUR'AN will remain until the end of time, every true muslim is a potential soldier ready protect the only religion of truth with his wealth and life, we muslims are not fighting for ALLAH because ALLAH can never be intimidated and can never be threatened rather we are obeying HIS command that we should fight those persecuting us for our faith and chasing us out of our homes, the Christians should read the bible very well that is full of war stories and tell me fighting is not permitted in the bible or the Christians should start preventing Christians from joining the armed forces, paramilitary and law enforcement agencies if they think they are the most peaceful people on earth. nothern malians didn't kill innocent people they simply broke out and said they wanted sharia nation yet the whole world is fighting them, if the world want to outlaw sharia nations then they will never be peace.

There will not be peace in Nigeria and other part of the world as long as people like you keep defending the killing of innocent souls. Your brothers in the North started this killing, bombing churches, robbing banks to finance terrorism activities. You don't expect the security forces to seat and watch you destroy the country all in the name of religion.

One thing is clear...as long as some of you blood sucking monsters are busy killing people in the name of religion, the security forces will keep killing you like rats, you don't deserve to live anyway.
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 05, 2013
babakb: No matter how you try to portray islam with a bad name you will never succeed because the unchangeable and incorruptible QUR'AN will remain until the end of time, every true muslim is a potential soldier ready protect the only religion of truth with his wealth and life, we muslims are not fighting for ALLAH because ALLAH can never be intimidated and can never be threatened rather we are obeying HIS command that we should fight those persecuting us for our faith and chasing us out of our homes, the Christians should read the bible very well that is full of war stories and tell me fighting is not permitted in the bible or the Christians should start preventing Christians from joining the armed forces, paramilitary and law enforcement agencies if they think they are the most peaceful people on earth. nothern malians didn't kill innocent people they simply broke out and said they wanted sharia nation yet the whole world is fighting them, if the world want to outlaw sharia nations then they will never be peace.

No one persecuted you or chased you out of your homes. You demanded for sharia in a secular country - you got it. Now you're demanding that we turn the country into an islamic caliphate at the pain of death and you are the ones being persecuted? God help us from the clutches of these demons.

1 Like

Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by ddeola: 2:47pm On May 05, 2013
Abegi, make we hear word !
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by kumulus(m): 6:04pm On May 05, 2013
justwise: [/b]

There will not be peace in Nigeria and other part of the world as long as people like you keep defending the killing of innocent souls. Your brothers in the North started this killing, bombing churches, robbing banks to finance terrorism activities. You don't expect the security forces to seat and watch you destroy the country all in the name of religion.

One thing is clear...as long as some of you blood sucking monsters are busy killing people in the name of religion, the security forces will keep killing you like rats, you don't deserve to live anyway.

You be God.....watchy!
Re: US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing by justwise(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2013
kumulus:

You be God.....watchy!

Get lost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 / 50 Illegal Travellers Quarantined In Kaduna / Nigerians In Manchester Uk!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.