Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria (1135 Views)

What Does Jafaru’s Release Say About Buhari’ One Sided Fight Against Curruption / Pmb Selective Fight Against Curruption / Judiciary ; The Last Hope Of The Common Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by maximunimpact(m): 9:34am On May 04, 2013
THE FOLLoWING ARE ONLY IN MY OPINION:
Since the return to civil rule in 1999, Nigeria have been engulfed in a wild range of curruption, but never have we witnessed a wide and wild range of curruption on a more lager scale as witnessed in the present administration.

Here is a situation where the commander-in-chief claims he knows the people behind curruption, oil subsidy fraud, B/haram and the evil forces against Nigeria's developments but does nothing about it! All we hear is acusations and counter acusation, setting up committee after committee.

Enter Buhari:
On one hand is a man of Honour who have fought against curruption all his life. During his regime as Head of state, he was Nigeria's only leader that declared ''war against indiscipline and curruption.

Like him or not, he had a vision. He never pointed acusing fingers on currupt officials as we see today, he simply brought them to book. He restored discipline and transparency into the civil service, unlike accusing civil servants of curruption as we all know they are, he used his powers as commander-in_chief to restore order.

One popula opinion about the man is that he is anti-democratic, but I tell you, he was never given a fair ground to compete, in that senario, his opponents are actually the real enemies of democracy. Here is the man that surrendere his party(CPC) to form a more viable opposition and an alternative to Nigerians. Someone somewhere is working so hard to twart that effort! Who is now anti-democratic?

Bring this man into power, within one month both oil subsidy frauad, curruption, insecurity, and indiscipline will be a long gone menace.

If Nigerians can look beyong Tribalism and sentiments, religion and convictions.... We'll all see that Buhari is man to beat! Only a matter of time, he is a man who I wlii like to term ''the 4th time lucky'' if you know what I mean.

Talk about humility, he will gladly step down if a better candidate emerge, but untill then, he is the best democracy have to offer.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by toshacer: 9:40am On May 04, 2013
Based on what? Within one month, corruption will be a long gone menace. LOL. In this Nigeria? He will probably bring in angels to live in Nigeria.

He declared war against indiscipline and corruption, ok. He repressed the press with draconian laws.

He was never given a fair ground to compete, yeah right, maybe until he competes in PDP. He competed with ANPP, then pulled out of ANPP and became CPC and he competed again, yet, no fair ground.

If he is so humble, why can he stick to his words and just go home to sleep instead of being a serial loser.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by maximunimpact(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2013
tosh_acer: Based on what?

Based on my opinion, as I have written. U can say urs, u have the right to it
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by phineas: 11:54am On May 04, 2013
maximunimpact:

dont mind them,
Buhari all the way.....

nice post,way to go.
pls edit thread title,its corruption right?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by thoth: 1:01pm On May 04, 2013
I will vote for Buhari if i am around , the man is generally honest and more transparent than the fraudsters we have now. My only irk against him is that he is unconsciously tribalistic. He may not know it but he is. His inspiration only stops on how to develop the norther agricultural sector which is the only glory they ever had. He is a good candidate for fighting corruption and bringing back the glory of Nigeria if the masses will support him, because just as the case of his predecessors the masses are prone to being brainwashed and posed against their liberator.
All and all i will support him still if i had the chance.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 04, 2013
maximunimpact:

your head correct! Sai Buhari 2015!
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by mikolo80: 1:35pm On May 04, 2013
THE 40laptop crew,abati,okupe are not sleeping,neither shud TRUE BUHARI supporters.otherwise we go suffer another 8 years o.sai BUHARI 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 04, 2013
I am so happy to hear this!

So Buhari is the last and only hope for Nigeria?

This has confirned my analysis that Nigeria is doomed!!!!!!!!

Why am I happy? Because of my beloved Biafra after all, Nigeria has no hope!!!!
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Katier00(f): 2:35pm On May 04, 2013
ur words hold no meaning
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Akpangbon: 2:44pm On May 04, 2013
Then there is no hope for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 04, 2013
Katier00 :
ur words hold no meaning

I am not sure if you are referring to me. If you are not, apologies.

In case you are:
Here are the meanings from my words!

1. I already know that Nigeria has no hope and that is why I have pledged my loyalty to Biafra
2. Stating that Buhari is the only hope for Nigeria is only a confirmation of my position as stated in number one above: Buhari is hopelessness himself!
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 04, 2013
I R O N Y .
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 4:51pm On May 04, 2013
The OP shares my exact sentiments.
The south westerners would likely vote for buhari not because we don't want an ijaw man to rule but because he isn't doing much about corruption.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by maximunimpact(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2013
noblezone:

I am not sure if you are referring to me. If you are not, apologies.

In case you are:
Here are the meanings from my words!

1. I already know that Nigeria has no hope and that is why I have pledged my loyalty to Biafra
2. Stating that Buhari is the only hope for Nigeria is only a confirmation of my position as stated in number one above: Buhari is hopelessness himself!

truth is the word Biafra sounds like a cake walk! Its a pity that they went frm grace to grass. Pledging a loyalty to a defunct and non-existing entity is far worse. U can be rest assured that biafra is d most disintegrated entity in history. I will say it again, Buhari is d best candidate if we wnt 2 get rid of curruption and currupt officials.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by kasiem(m): 5:17pm On May 04, 2013
So if buhari dies dat means nigeria will have no hope again, this buhari must be more dan christ. Anyway, birds of a feather flock together. Brainless and violent leaders groom brainless and violent followers

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by maximunimpact(m): 5:37pm On May 04, 2013
kasiem: So if buhari dies dat means nigeria will have no hope again, this buhari must be more dan christ. Anyway, birds of a feather flock together. Brainless and violent leaders groom brainless and violent followers

It will be blasphamous to compare Buhari to Christ! Am not in anyway doin dat. My opinion is basically in our present dispensation. Goin by what we hav around in ASO rock, curruption will only eat dipper into our economy. Buhari is merely an imperfect man jst like u n me, but it takes a man of his caliber n principles can bring currupt officials to book
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 04, 2013
maximunimpact:

truth is the word Biafra sounds like a cake walk! Its a pity that they went frm grace to grass. Pledging a loyalty to a defunct and non-existing entity is far worse. U can be rest assured that biafra is d most disintegrated entity in history. I will say it again, Buhari is d best candidate if we wnt 2 get rid of curruption and currupt officials.

That Biafra is defunct is only a lie and self deciet by Nigeria and her citizens
Biafra is alive and well, only that Nigeria is occupying her territories.

Mark my words, Biafra is rising like the "Rising Sun". Her flag soon to be flown at full mast.
We we dazzle Nigeria as we become the darling of the whole world.

Give us 10 years, we will make our mark in Commerce and Industry, Sports, Technology, etc.

I know that the likes of Buhari are the only hope Nigeria has because Nigeria is a jungle and it will take primitive minded people like Buhari to maintain a jungle.

I am not primitive neither do I desire to live in a jungle.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Inik(m): 7:20pm On May 04, 2013
Buhari can't be the last hope for Nigeria, a man that came out openly to say that the kleptomaniac Abacha didn't steal a dime from Nigeria. The federal government is right now trying to recover the trillions of naira that Abacha stashed away in foreign banks. Buhari is a relic of the past and does not have any place in the modern Nigeria that we are building.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by egift(m): 7:21pm On May 04, 2013
OP is on point.

If Buhari wins an election today, all our top politicians will either "repent" over-night or take an emergency foreign trip to observe things from afar.

For me even if Buhari don't contest, I will like to see Fashola and another young Northern chap to take over the mantle of leadership. While Ndigbo will takeover Senate or Judiciary.

Whoever it is, it is important PDP is allowed to play opposition party, they will do a good job with "rough tackles" - keeping APC on their toes.
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by kasiem(m): 7:43pm On May 04, 2013
maximunimpact:

It will be blasphamous to compare Buhari to Christ! Am not in anyway doin dat. My opinion is basically in our present dispensation. Goin by what we hav around in ASO rock, curruption will only eat dipper into our economy. Buhari is merely an imperfect man jst like u n me, but it takes a man of his caliber n principles can bring currupt officials to book
guy, read logical meaning into headline
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by omenka(m): 1:42am On May 05, 2013
Katier00 :
ur words hold no meaning

This my pikin, na wa for u oo.

Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 2:00am On May 05, 2013
I doubt it
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by baynix(m): 10:01am On May 05, 2013
Understatement!!
Re: Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria by maximunimpact(m): 4:54pm On May 05, 2013
Word reaching me now is a speculation dat my man Buhari is d best pick 4 APC. What a gr8 choice and wise strategy 4 d opposition. I can only pray so dis will be official. Its a gud feel.

(1) (Reply)

How "Buhari Supports Boko Haram" / Picture Of NCP Occupy Nigeria Which APC And PDP Refuse To Join / Is Ds Pricc Photoshoped PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.