Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Judiciary ; The Last Hope Of The Common Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary ; The Last Hope Of The Common Man (9316 Views)

World War 3 In The Making: :Buhari Nigeria's Last Hope!!! / Behold Nigeria's Last Hope Against Boko Haram / Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judiciary ; The Last Hope Of The Common Man by MiKenny(f): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2010
Often times I hear this word judiciary, last hope of the common man, it baffles me to always hear only the winner singing this judiciary song but the vanquish don’t sing such a song.

So house, when do we really say that the judiciary is the last hope of a common man.
Re: Judiciary ; The Last Hope Of The Common Man by jamace(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2010
Which judiciary? You mean Naija judiciary? Let me laugh in contempt of this Naija judiciary  grin  grin.

Naija judiciary is the protector of the  corrupt rich and wealthy in Naija. Check punishments awarded to criminals so far. Big thieves get smaller jail term while petty criminals get almighty jail terms. Our judiciary is for the highest bidder.

If you want to know why EFCC is toothless,  ask our judiciary.   

In fact, our democracy is fattening the bank accounts of our lawyers and judges more than any other group in Naija.

Lawyers and judges are enjoying this demo[b]crazy[/b]. grin  grin

[s]I hope they will not place an interlocutory injunction on this response [/s] grin grin
Re: Judiciary ; The Last Hope Of The Common Man by MiKenny(f): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2010
Thanks Jamace for your response to this post,  I have been following the judiciary sysem in Nigeria and more still need to be done especially in the areas of judgment delivery.

Tafa Balogun was only giving 6 months afte embezzling N17B and most of the jail term were spent at the National Hospital, Bode George was only giving 2yrs for N85b and now Cecilia too, its crazy. but a poor man on the street who stole bread would be giving 10 yrs.

The question again is when is that "common man" going to enjoy the judiciary or perhaps judgment is meant for the highest bidder
Re: Judiciary ; The Last Hope Of The Common Man by jamace(m): 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2010
The "common man" will remain the grass on which the big thieves and criminals trample upon to achieve their objectives except there be a divine intervention.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Grills Five Ex-nnpc Bosses Over $153m Transfer / State House Clinic Budget Cut By FG After Criticisms / Shi’ites Deny Suspending Their Protests (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.