Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

The Steps To Take To Obtain A UK VISA By Yourself! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Steps To Take To Obtain A UK VISA By Yourself! (1505 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Denied Visa, By U.s. Envoy / How I Can Get South Africa Visa By Myself / How Can I Get A South African Visa by August? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

The Steps To Take To Obtain A UK VISA By Yourself! by xtralargehcc(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2013
So many prospective UK travellers or intending UK Visa applicants have little or no information as to how to go about applying and obtaining a valid passport. It's worthy to note that before one embarks on a herculean task such as applying for and obtaining a UK Visa, a lot of grounds must be covered. The procedures, processes, hows, whats, whens, whys and where's; must be taking into consideration.
Based on the foregoing, I would like to take a little of your time to categorically state the necessary steps one MUST take to be successful in getting a UK VISA. Follow me as I take you by the hand and lead you to the journey for which it's final destination is UK!

First, know the type of visa application you want to apply for. This info can be assessed from this website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/

Second, find out the cost of application for that particular visa type.

Thirdly, proceed to any branch of Sterling Bank and make the necessary payments while keeping your teller safe. On the other hand, you can pay for your visa application fee at the submission centre either in Abuja or Lagos.

Fourthly, take your cursor to the browser and type in; http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/. This is where you fill the online visa application form, submit it online and print the reference copy for future use. If you want to fill the hard copy of the form in your handwriting, this can be done at the visa application centre. This centre is run by an independent commercial partner of the UK Border Agency. The name is VFS Global Ltd.

Fifthly, book appointment with the company in less than 30days if you applied online so as to take your biometrics (fingerprint and facial capture); but if you applied at the centre, you'll book appointment immediately or at a later date for the purpose of taking your biometrics.

Sixthly, gather all the originals of your credentials including your international passport and taking them along on the day of your booking. Don't forget your teller or reference printout.

These are the necessary steps one must take to obtain a UK Visa. Note, the earlier you start this process, the better for you. Always start to process your visa application 3 months to the time of departure. September is around the corner for prospective student visa applicants.

If you have questions or any difficulty in obtaining a UK Visa, then let me know through this forum and we'll trash it together!
Re: The Steps To Take To Obtain A UK VISA By Yourself! by justwise(m): 10:27am On May 04, 2013

(1)

Ukraine For Studies? / Amazing Photos That Make Lagos Look Like New York Or London / How To Get To Abule Egba From Epe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.