Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,907 members, 7,838,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers (8593 Views)

More Questions Than Answers, "Step It Up Mr. President" / More Questions Than Answers, "Step It Up Mr. President" / CONSPIRACY Theories:the Woolwich Killing More Questions Than Answers – Fani-kayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by VolvoS60(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2013
billante:

What nonsense is this man talking about....you just like talking long sermon just to drive in your bitterness.

If i want to travel down to anambra where am from and the only part of not smooth road i will encounter is the 48 km berger-sagamu part of a total of about 500km of express-way i will go through before i reach my destination, a huge improvement from 3-4 yrs ago, why wont i defend a visible improvement when i see one!

Gej is not a saint neither is he a failure.....he has his weak and strong areas.....you lumping him as a total failure is what i wont take cause that is a biased judgement

^^^^
You should be happy that as you put it, I am "talking long sermon to drive in my bitterness". As we speak, there are far too many people in this country who do their talking with bullets. Don't swell their ranks.

According to you, "GEJ is not a saint, neither is he a failure". Which then begs the question: what is he?

I am throwing the same questions to you that I threw to the philistine called nameo or whatever he is called: what is Nigeria's road network today? What was it in 1999? What was it when GEJ assumed office? In other words, what work has actually been done and at what cost? Bring your facts into the market square and we will take it from there.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Datsme: 6:42pm On May 06, 2013
Pukkah: That road is the busiest interstate highway in the South West. It also links Lagos, the nation's commercial capital, to the North, South East and South South.

It goes directly to Ibadan, the largest city in this part, from where you can connect other parts of the South West.

The alternatives to this road are too narrow, too bad or too unsafe.

Yet, this road has been abandoned since the 70s when it was constructed and in spite of greater use brought about by the explosion in population.

The road has consumed so many lives and maimed many individuals. Armed robbers operate at will. Beggars transact their business! And hawkers make brisk sales at the bad spots! Tanker/trucks accidents occur daily wasting cargoes, fuel, and human lives.

The neglect has not been by only the Jonathan government but by all the governments before it. This is why many people have become used to the notion that 'our government is useless and irresponsible' and have stopped making noise.

The people get by with prayers and with the hope that one day, the 'useless government' will remember the road.

Not all d government b4 Jonathan cos a government constructed d road. We can rather put it like this "our PDP Governments are useless n irresponsible". People r complaining, it s jus dat d thieves have resulted in using d road to loot d treasury

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Datsme: 6:52pm On May 06, 2013
holyvirgin: Thievnubu and fashola keeps extorting money from motorists without fixing those roads.
So why collect money when you expect FG to fix the road? Rubbish lagosians should hold fashola responsible for the bad roads jare

you v carefoolly n beautifoolly gather dis No-sense from ur d- accelerating n mad-functioning brain. Welldone jare
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Datsme: 6:55pm On May 06, 2013
DaLover: I believe his road will be fixed, just that here are so many projects competing for funds right now, hat they have to be prioritized, unfortunately I don't know what priority this road falls under or how the minister has prioritized the major roads in the country , but I certainly believe it will be done sooner than later.

Yes prioritized for stealing
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Datsme: 7:05pm On May 06, 2013
peleson: Lagos - benin road is 90% completed with road marks. We have worst roads with deep n large wash offs on some part of the country than lagos-ibadan. That road has only little breakage n very light wash off. No where along lagos-ibadan express will you see a deep pot hole or wash off capable of breaking or stalking your vehicle. You cannot see a red or white sand underneth the wash offs, you only see concrete , so the road is not a dead trap compared to what we call dead traps in nigerian roads as the writer wants us to believe. FERMA is visibly covering the pot-holes as noticed travelling to n fro ibadan .

ok nt dat bad but there occur accidents almost every week on d road. I pray ur love one(s) wil nt experience any sort of bad happening as a result of d condition of d road b4 u realise d truth

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by peleson: 6:53am On May 08, 2013
Datsme:

ok nt dat bad but there occur accidents almost every week on d road. I pray ur love one(s) wil nt experience any sort of bad happening as a result of d condition of d road b4 u realise d truth
[s]
Datsme:

[/s]
Datsme:

I drove through that road to osogbo on monday and back to lagos on tuesday n I repeat, who ever wrote this article is either ignorant or plotting against Nigeria government and should be arrested and jailed for spreading lies. Also all those on this thread saying same non sense should be jailed. Some people here have not even used this road and yet they r saying bullcrap . Si.lly things .
When was the last time any of u used that road?
I repeat, nowhere in lagos-ibadan express way will u see a pot-hole deep enough that you will see sand ( either red or white sand). U can only see washoff n breakage on the road PERIOD!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Pukkah: 6:42pm On May 08, 2013
peleson: [s][/s]
I drove through that road to osogbo on monday and back to lagos on tuesday n I repeat, who ever wrote this article is either ignorant or plotting against Nigeria government and should be arrested and jailed for spreading lies. Also all those on this thread saying same non sense should be jailed. Some people here have not even used this road and yet they r saying bullcrap . Si.lly things .
I repeat, nowhere in lagos-ibadan express way will u see a pot-hole deep enough that you will see sand ( either red or white sand). U can only see washoff n breakage on the road PERIOD!

This is a very funny post and the thinking is that of a person that's already attuned to the way of doing things or the standard of living in a 3rd world. It's also the thinking of someone that doesn't see the paradox of poverty and decay of key infrastructure in a supposedly rich country like Nigeria.

Are you saying that the road is not bad because there's no pothole that's deep enough to show red or white sand? In any case, if you're in Lagos, you don't need to get to Sagamu before you see the 'red/white sand pothole' that's your criterion.

Start from Alausa, you'll first see a 'small' pothole almost in front of Capital Oil as another 'bigger' one awaits you just before Berger bridge.

If you're not convinced by the 'sand content' of these two, by the time you get to the front of World Oil (before OPIC) you'd be convinced. Still doubting? Move a bit down to the front of Fatgbems Oil where a pothole that has eaten into the left lane, so much that motorists veer to the right lane, waits for you.

With all these, we've not not got to Arepo, Ibafo or Mowe. If you're coming from the Ibadan end, you won't rest from the staccato of potholes, 'sanded and not sanded', till you are at least 40kms away from Ibadan. I've assumed that the Ojoo end is a smooth drive up to the Ibadan toll gate.

You see, the road is bad and it's ridiculous to start saying the potholes aren't deep enough. Or what's the rationale for saying that the road is not bad?

The road is not bad and yet accidents occur daily? The road is not bad and yet there's at least an occurence of a truck/trailer emptying its contents on a daily basis? Do you know the casualties on that road? Ask FRSC - it's daily.

When next you want to trivialize issues like this, I advise that, apart from taming your language, you should relate the sums that have been appropriated by the Federal Govt for road works (and repairs) and ACTUAL work done.

You're at liberty to hold political opinions that suit you but do so without making a mockery of what affects others' lives or even adding insult to injury by hauling invectives at them.

Cheers.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Pukkah: 6:46pm On May 08, 2013
nameo:

Hope when GEJ finally reconstructs this particular road within the next 2 years (cos he will), you wont forget to note that it was him who did it after other previous Govts had abandoned it since the 1970s?

Hope we would NOT then be hearing stuffs like: 'the contract or idea was signed/birthed by Lord Methusalah'? Just asking.

What's the meaning of this really? Hero worship?

I think too much under-development has started to affect the nigerian people. Sad!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Pukkah: 6:55pm On May 08, 2013
peleson: Lagos - benin road is 90% completed with road marks. We have worst roads with deep n large wash offs on some part of the country than lagos-ibadan. That road has only little breakage n very light wash off. No where along lagos-ibadan express will you see a deep pot hole or wash off capable of breaking or stalking your vehicle. You cannot see a red or white sand underneth the wash offs, you only see concrete , so the road is not a dead trap compared to what we call dead traps in nigerian roads as the writer wants us to believe. FERMA is visibly covering the pot-holes as noticed travelling to n fro ibadan .

It's obvious that you're just browbeating people or trying to bully your way on this Lagos/Ibadan expressway issue.

Wait, when last did FERMA work on the stretch of the road? The last 'patch patch' (remedial) works were done last December by Julius Berger and RCC after the BOT of Bicourtney was revoked by the FG.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by DaLover(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2013
Pukkah:

This is a very funny post and the thinking is that of a person that's already attuned to the way of doing things or the standard of living in a 3rd world. It's also the thinking of someone that doesn't see the paradox of poverty and decay of key infrastructure in a supposedly rich country like Nigeria.

Are you saying that the road is not bad because there's no pothole that's deep enough to show red or white sand? In any case, if you're in Lagos, you don't need to get to Sagamu before you see the 'red/white sand pothole' that's your criterion.

Start from Alausa, you'll first see a 'small' pothole almost in front of Capital Oil as another 'bigger' one awaits you just before Berger bridge.

If you're not convinced by the 'sand content' of these two, by the time you get to the front of World Oil (before OPIC) you'd be convinced. Still doubting? Move a bit down to the front of Fatgbems Oil where a pothole that has eaten into the left lane, so much that motorists veer to the right lane, waits for you.

With all these, we've not not got to Arepo, Ibafo or Mowe. If you're coming from the Ibadan end, you won't rest from the staccato of potholes, 'sanded and not sanded', till you are at least 40kms away from Ibadan. I've assumed that the Ojoo end is a smooth drive up to the Ibadan toll gate.

You see, the road is bad and it's ridiculous to start saying the potholes aren't deep enough. Or what's the rationale for saying that the road is not bad?

The road is not bad and yet accidents occur daily? The road is not bad and yet there's at least an occurence of a truck/trailer emptying its contents on a daily basis? Do you know the casualties on that road? Ask FRSC - it's daily.

When next you want to trivialize issues like this, I advise that, apart from taming your language, you should relate the sums that have been appropriated by the Federal Govt for road works (and repairs) and ACTUAL work done.

You're at liberty to hold political opinions that suit you but do so without making a mockery of what affects others' lives or even adding insult to injury by hauling invectives at them.

Cheers.

Guy, try and reason logically for once, if you have to spend 500 Naira to repair several roads in the country and your budget allocated for repairing roads a year is 50 Naira, what do u do?
This idea that we have an unlimited source of funds leads to really dumb arguments on nairaland
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Pukkah: 11:03pm On May 08, 2013
DaLover:

Guy, try and reason logically for once, if you have spend 500 Naira to repair several roads in the country and your budget allocated for repairing roads a year is 50 Naira, what do u do?
This idea that he over meant has an unlimited source of money leads to really dumb arguments on nairaland

Please who can help decipher the meaning of this gibberish?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Pukkah: 8:32pm On May 15, 2013
peleson: [s][/s]

You've not been to Osogbo again after your wild claims have been punctured?

Please take a trip on the road again and give us a honest feedback.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by taharqa2: 9:20pm On May 15, 2013
nameo:

SHARRAP there, guy. You talk too much.

Let me just remind you that you did not 'innovate' this kind of SHOUTING and cursing over matters like this. A lot more people have opened threads, and cursed at GEJ for one bad road or the other in the pasts, some of which are/have been fixed.

Many threads were opened whilst the Benin-Ore Road was still in a terrible state (but today, most of that road, which had been abandoned for decades, have been fixed); threads were opened as recently as middle of last year about the terrible state of the Abuja-Lokoja way, with all kinds of unprintable curses hurled at GEJ, even when that road had not only been abandoned for years by previous Admins but had not been dualised since it was built over 40 yrs ago (today, and in a sort of 'miracle', MOST of that road has not only been reconstructed but also DUALISED within a year whilst the Dualisation is even now been extended to the Benin end of the Road); threads were created and people poured curses over what was the Onitsha-Owerri Road (today, it is one of the smoothest roads in Nigeria); threads were opened about the 3rd Mainland Bridge by some Nigerians who somehow knew that the Bridge was vibrating and about to collapse, of course GEj was abused (today, the joints on that bridge have been replaced in less than 5 months and some other repairs made); people opened threads on the State of the Kano-Maiduguri Expressway which was not Dualised (today, the Dualization of that road began by Yar'adua is going to completion); threads were opened about the TERRIBLE state of the PH-Enugu Expressed way as early as mid-last year (toady, the road has been Rehabilitated and is now largely motorable, pending the FULL RECONSTRUCTION of the road that should start this year); threads were opened and insults hurled at GEJ, including one as recent as January this year, over the state of the Apapa-Oshodi Road (today, the reconstruction and Extension of that road by Julius Berger and Co, is nearing completion); etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

This Lagos-Ibadan Road WOULD BE RECONSTRUCTED within the next 2 years. Most Definitely. You can take that to the Bank. The Ministry of Works has already declared it, along with the 2nd Niger Bridge, as Priority Projects of the FG this fiscal year. Moreover, GEJ clears the MESS that other Admins have pooed for decades. That is his job, and he is good at it.

I hope though that, as I told one other poster here, when this road is finally done, you chaps would not forget to write that GEJ had done a road that have been abandoned since the 1970s by other Govts, just as he has mostly done with some key roads as were enumerated above.

GOOD DAY.
I wholeheartedly endorse this post
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway: More Questions Than Answers by Horus(m): 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
DaLover: Is it possible for those who pass this road to post pictures, several pictures?.

Yes where are the pictures?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC's National Caucus, NEC Meetings To Hold This Week / Polo Park In Enugu - Updates / A Strong Case For NOI World Bank Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.