Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Habits You Need To Do Away With. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Habits You Need To Do Away With. (16556 Views)

10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage / 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. / 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 04, 2013
1. SMOKING kills over 400,000 Americans each year. Each one of those deaths is completely preventable.

2. USE OF ALCOHOL, even in moderation, damages brain and body cells. Alcoholic beverages generally contain chemical additives as well. Most suicides are alcohol related.

3. LACK OF SLEEP makes any problem worse. There's rarely any real need to stay up late. Turn off that TV and read until you are drowsy. A good sleep each night beats most vacations.

4. CHEMICAL ABUSE hurts your body. Of course it does. Chemical abuse includes over-use of prescription drugs as well as narcotic addiction.

5. EXCESS USE OF OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICINES is basically another form of chemical abuse. Headaches are not caused by aspirin deficiency, nor are digestive problems due to insufficient "TUMS" in your diet. Look for the real cause of illness.

6. OVERWEIGHT by more than 20%? If so, you can expect many more health problems and a shorter life. If you travel overseas, try playing "Spot the Americans." They are usually the most overweight people in sight. Lose that excess weight!

7. DRINKING COFFEE is not harmless, "Garfield" jokes notwithstanding. If you "have to have your morning cup of coffee," then you are dependent on caffeine, which is a drug.

8. EATING CHOCOLATE negatively affects more people than you might think. Theobromine and other chocolate chemicals may not be ideal for your body. Try something else instead.

9. SUGAR is not your friend. Avoid it and feel better right away. You will notice fewer mood swings.

10. WORRY is useless. A one-hundred year old lady was (predictably) asked to give a single bit of advice that would help a person live a long time. She said, "Well, I think that people should not worry. 95% of the things we worry about never happen, and the 5% that do you can't do much about anyway."

11. DRINKING SOFT DRINKS. If you are going to drink something, why not have something that is good for you? Carbonated drinks erode tooth enamel (because they contain carbonic and phosphoric acids) and appear to promote kidney stones.

12. USING ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS adds chemicals instead of sugar to your body. What kind of an improvement is that?

13. EATING MEAT is a tradition, not a necessity. Meat not well cooked is dangerous to your health.

14. EATING JUNK FOODS gives you extra calories and gives the big food corporations extra profits.

15. EATING ANYTHING WITH A CHEMICAL INGREDIENT IN IT THAT YOU CAN'T PRONOUNCE EASILY. Your body is not a chemistry lab!

16. EATING ANYTHING WITH AN INGREDIENT THAT YOU CAN'T SPELL EASILY means you need to read those food labels more carefully.

17. WORKING TOO HARD. Henry David Thoreau said that after years of hard work, the farmer really didn't have a farm... the farm had him. We should work to live, not live to work.

18. NOT CHEWING YOUR FOOD results in an enormous variety of health problems. We are not wolves; slow down. As my mother said to me, "Nobody is going to take it from you." Although it is clear from this statement that she was not watching my brothers, it is still true.

19. CONSTIPATION makes your body into a plugged sewer. Eating a raw food diet, one-half cup of molasses or a can of sauerkraut will put an end to it.

20. HURRYING YOUR MEALS almost guarantees poor digestion. Put on some music and relax. My parents had the following mealtime rule: "No discussion of money or politics at the table." Not a bad idea. Forget those high-pressure business lunches.

If you are going to do something FOR your health, you first should stop doing bad things TO your health.

Just what are you willing to do to get better? If you limit your answer, you are limiting your success. Do everything possible to enjoy good health. Don't worry about being called a "health nut." What are the others called, then? "Disease nuts?"

It has been said that Mother Nature will not be fooled... at least not for long. If you are what you eat, and you eat a lot of worthless stuff, don't expect good health. If you provide your body with good food and a happy life style, you will feel better and look better. Lincoln said that anyone over age 55 is responsible for his face. We are most likely responsible for even more than that.

Copyright C 1999 and prior years Andrew W. Saul.
http://www.doctoryourself.com/badhabits.html

24 Likes

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 04, 2013
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by aniiii(f): 8:56pm On May 05, 2013
noted, im healthy anyways wink

1 Like

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by pardechevuex(f): 7:33am On May 06, 2013
;DGood one will follow it up
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by INTERALIA(m): 12:17pm On May 12, 2013
This is a brilliant one. Duly noted.
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 12, 2013
I do every darn thing on the list apart from 4,5,6 and 9.. angry

I guess I'm a martian lool..

You lot need to stop worrying about everything and just live life to the fullest.. wink

2 Likes

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Krinel(f): 12:19pm On May 12, 2013
I don hear

1 Like

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by zumarock8(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2013
na oyibo bring the idea

na still oyibo dey discreminate am.ooo

man no die, man no rooten

oya seun over to u, my ban awits me, for poor english

3 Likes

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Saraben(f): 12:19pm On May 12, 2013
nice write up but..........e no easy o
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by jericco1(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2013
Come oo, don't take alcohol, don't tke soft drinks, na wetin u want mke person tke?...dindin

1 Like

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Emmyvans: 12:21pm On May 12, 2013
Interesting
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 12, 2013
Thanks
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by mysticgal(f): 12:22pm On May 12, 2013
am guilty of 8-20 especialy the meat aspect.
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Kockane(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2013
When last did I make NL front page? Oh Lord, may your name be praised! grin

1 Like

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by samkleve: 12:24pm On May 12, 2013
what then re we suppose to do when we re not suppose to do the things we usually do most times
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 12, 2013
mscheww!!! You might as well avoid everything on earth. Not doing all these things doesn't guarantee a long, fulfilled life. Imagine that number 2, arrant nonsense.
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by kalufelix(m): 12:28pm On May 12, 2013
op i'l use no. 10 to nolify the rest of the list smoke if u enjoy smokin..DONT WORRY bou the health hazards...take alchohol if it makes yhu happy DONT WORRY bou ur liver.
My friend abided by all these rules yet he died in a motor accident while the smoker lived on.

Life is too short 2 ask a stammerer for directions.

Happy sunday!

1 Like

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Gloriaah: 12:31pm On May 12, 2013
They should have added chewing of nails! smiley
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Uchenna42(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2013
21: First to Comment Habit.........HELP!!!! grin
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 12, 2013
Great! "Work to live not live to work" noted!!!
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by DonaldGenes(m): 12:33pm On May 12, 2013
I have stop to dey toast qirls.......
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by donem: 12:35pm On May 12, 2013
I dont think there is anyone who do not violate 1 outa the above health rules. "drinking alcohol even in moderation is bad" "drinking of soft drink is equally bad" Huh! This must be a joke
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Afunwa92: 12:37pm On May 12, 2013
Nice one dear.
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 12, 2013
I hardly do any of those as a habit. I tink d habits I have to do away wit are procrastination and giving the silent treatment. D latter has caused me some few good friends.
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by boron10(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2013
Bleaching
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by biafrakwenu(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2013
@OP-Why don't you just die and all these habbits will die a natural death.

My candid advice, ignore this post, eat what you like and exercise regularly to burn off whatever calories you accumulate.
Whenever you get to the stage of don't eat this or that, you are already waving your hand cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.......
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Afunwa92: 12:42pm On May 12, 2013
donem: I dont think there is anyone who do not violate 1 outa the above health rules. "drinking alcohol even in moderation is bad" "drinking of soft drink is equally bad" Huh! This must be a joke

Switch to Alomo bitter grin grin grin
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by yuzedo: 12:50pm On May 12, 2013
op bro, tenk Obatala u didn't said self-service! angry I woood have riport ur tread as SPAM!! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by Fourcade(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2013
CONFUSED MOFOS...wetin dey want make i drink now undecided
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by JohnRogo(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2013
hahahahah na today? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Habits You Need To Do Away With. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2013
Sugar, horrying to eat food. I m guilty of these.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Natural Solutions To All Infertility Problems / Meningitis: Death Toll Hits 328 - Punch / Help! My Brother Has Sickle Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.