Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. (2081 Views)

6 Ways Sugary Beverages Are Damaging Your Body / Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits / Habits You Need To Do Away With. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2014
10 BRAIN DAMAGING HABITS YOU SHOULD STOP NOW!

1. No Breakfast
People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.

2. Over eating
It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.

3. Smoking
It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.

4. High Sugar consumption
Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.

5. Air Pollution
The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.

6. Sleep Deprivation
Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.

7. Head covered while sleeping
Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.

8. Working your brain during illness
Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.

9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts
Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.

10. Talking Rarely
Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by balogundayo(m): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2014
I'm very guilty of the no 4 part... I'm tryina subside it buh it aint easy as I'm used to it already...
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by constance500: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2014
I'm not guilty of any.. cheesy
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:29am On Sep 24, 2014
This has been shared before.
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 24, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: This has been shared before.

I didn't know and moreover there are many others who haven't seen it .

1 Like

Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2014
constance500: I'm not guilty of any.. cheesy

I don't believe it
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Tapout(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2014
as a student, I'm so guilty of number 1....blame it on lecturers that fix 7am lectures angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Tapout: as a student, I'm so guilty of number 1....blame it on lecturers that fix 7am lectures angry

am guilty of that too for same reason but you can try to wake up early and prepare something or the night before .
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Tapout(m): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2014
Elantracey:

am guilty of that too for same reason but you can try to wake up early and prepare something or the night before .

I do so sometimes..but when d stress is too much, my mindset Is always on the canteen....off course i end up eating in the afternoon
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Elantracey:

ok. No p
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Tapout:

I do so sometimes..but when d stress is too much, my mindset Is always on the canteen....off course i end up eating in the afternoon

alright , taking tea or coffee is also a good idea

1 Like

Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Tapout(m): 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Elantracey:

alright , taking tea or coffee is also a good idea

I do that once in a while.....Thanks for the tip tho. .. kiss
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Tapout:

I do that once in a while.....Thanks for the tip tho. .. kiss

you're welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by constance500: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Elantracey:

I don't believe it

U have to tongue
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
constance500:

U have to tongue

your countenance has told me otherwise tongue
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Elder55: 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is highly revealing and food for thought.Thanks.
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by ojaydedon(m): 10:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
elantracy
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
ojaydedon: elantracy

sire
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by dre11(m): 10:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
A lot of ladies ate guilty of point 7
They use shower caps to cover their hairs and head when they want to sleep
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by oghalesluv(m): 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
elantracy tnks for that

1 Like

Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
oghalesluv:
elantracy tnks for that

for what pls
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by pappyrose(f): 12:07am On Sep 25, 2014
Breakfast is just a very difficult thing for me. I'm even getting tired of trying.
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 25, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: This has been shared before.

Yea..I noticed it too but there's a slight difference..She edited,paragraphed and made it concise,while the other just copied and pasted.Meaning,she's smart
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by timilehing(m): 2:27am On Sep 25, 2014
Na post with list get highest % of making fp.

Space booked.
Land not for sale
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by horlabiyi(m): 7:41am On Sep 25, 2014
Nice write up
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by oghalesluv(m): 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
Elantracey:

for what pls
That piece opf information
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by ojaydedon(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Elantracey:

sire

na u get nairaland.. I d see u every where
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Do these really damage the brain, if so I'm brainless because I've done most of those things.
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by dwilliams: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
Story,End tym lies
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by yinkuscious(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
Elantracey:

doesn't matter, so far it's educating those who are seeing it for the first time or again
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thanks for sharing this with us, very good information smiley
Re: 10 Brain Damaging Habits You Should Stop. by am0s(m): 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
Elantracey:

madam na only woman go get tym cook around dat time naw...
haba....
i wake up any set time i want buh food no fit dey ma mind till 12...noon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In... Killer Disease Stenvens Johnson Syndrome Is Now Here In Nigeria... / What's The Best Teething Medicine For Children / Which Sleep Position Is Best For Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.