Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread - Education (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread (588987 Views)

2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Uniport Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (457) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrLazDevitan: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
SUCCESS TIPS FOR ALL BASIC STUDENTS

Once again,we heartily with all warmthness say welcome to you basic students to our unique Uniport.This programme is meant for students whom find it hard to gain admission writing jamb umpteen numbers of time.It can also be put that this programme is meant to consolidate the proverbial lacklustre of senior secondary knowledge as observe in our secondary school.It is of mine interest to write to you that basic offers the best a good glorified secondary school can offer and demand for academy is not as hard as the success its provides in putting student at the right ventures academically.
Now that your programme has just began,it is enough for you to use this opportunity to read this piece of mine,with helpful opinions to catapult you to your success.Without space wasting let me discuss some of the tangible tips,and if you don't mind i may wish you read this with an open mind to judge me and yourself...

1)PSYCHOLOGY: The first way off basic is problem with the sense of your inner being about the programme.Most of you must have heard about the basic,most of you might have heard how rigorous basic is,the tension and all the negative and positive.Once you are not ready psychologically to do the programme,i would advice-don't do it.You must believe that you can survive,you must believe no matter all odds among the millions you will still make it.Don't allow the crowd to intimidate you.some of them actually don't know anything but their put up could be so stressful on you.Once you begin to nurse failure in any form or way in your thinking,don't be so surprise you will fail.Always talk positive things to yourself,write a success note in your textbook read it each day and imagine yourself always that doctor,that nurse,that engineer,that mathematician and so you will be.Most students suffer inferiority complex during my time in basic,from their inferiority complex they are 100% sure that they may not make it because they lack good foundation in all or one of the courses,for such a student,i did my best by increasing it to 200%.If you must succeed in your daily endeavour in basic,you must believe you can make it.Don't allow anything or substance to build inferiority complex in you,don't feel that i don't always make it,don't say the programme is too hard,don't give yourself reasons why you should fail but give yourself reasons why you should succeed.

2)MISPLACED ORIENATION: The school is a good place and your mind plays alot to get you where you are today.While most students lack orientation others atypically suffers a misplace orientation.This form of orientation suffers a squint in a proper sense,the outcome will be that the student makes it out with a poor result.Student with MISPLACED ORIENTATION may be observed to:
a)Using all the time a non-basic textbooks in their studies.Basic exam is always a straight forward exam,every question you will is 95% from the textbook and the other percent from logic on how you understand the course.Why this is wrong is that,it is expected of the student to read the basic textbook all-round because that is the very text question will be set.Instead of some using the basic physics,you see them reading New school physics;instead of some reading the basic biology,they went all-straight reading College/modern biology.They invest all their time reading reading superfluous entity and you should expect the least in their result or probably fail.You are advice to use any of the home textbooks for reference but don't read themoften as if it is the school textbook.Be wise.
b)writing(Jamb/basic) exam: In basic i also observe that students seemed to put themselves in writing double examination-jamb/basic.These student were the very ones that felt reading more than the basic textbook is needed.They psychologically increase their burden and feels alright by it.For them they were actually preparing for two examination.But this a wrong orientation.once you are doing basic and writing jamb,don't ever believe you are writing two exam-it is one.This sense of view will reduce your workload and makes assimilation faster.Everything in basic is enough to hit jamb again and again.Just be focus digesting the basic textbook,revising its past question and believe jamb is a workover and so be it.A good focus in basic will see you through jamb and post-jamb.Don't ever try,''am reading for two'' by using both home and basic textbook,very soon you will observe that you tire easily,assimilation is poor and always troubled in your mind.
c)fellowish/church:This is the bane of some people,some students hardly give God a break.During lecture hours,you always see them parabulating to the fellowship or church.This view that my success depends in the amount i pray and the church i go is a fast rush to failing the basic programme.Your success is in your input not God.You must pray but don't believe your success depends on it.

3 Likes

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by dolaide(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
please can I pay the acceptance/accommodation fees here in delta state? if so how should I go about it. please I need an urgent reply. Thanks
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by EDennis(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
pokodude:
can't dey actually avoid paying for it? Like, will d page for hostel accm payment go off one's account?
Not really go off...
Seen just a guy dat claims he went round dat particular platform...
Really hope it's a fact...
#watching though...
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by StefanBanks: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
I went 2 ICTC today 2 correct my acceptance ish....dey said it will be rectified by 2moro, i hope its real nd not 2moro 2moro promise
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by EDennis(m): 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
dolaide:
please can I pay the acceptance/accommodation fees here in delta state? if so how should I go about it. please I need an urgent reply. Thanks
On paper u can...
But practically...not quite sure...
"Nationwide" means something else in Uniport...
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrLazDevitan: 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
d)I-too-Know: This is also a problem i observe in most basic students.If you are about to start this programme and you haven't ask any question about the programme from a ex-basic student,then you are doom to failing this programme.It is a must that you must ask question.If you are ashame to ask question then you are on your own always.Ask ex-basic student how to succeed,ask them how good is your 1st semester results,ask them what percent is good to go.You must ask people question because in the way to success some people must work you either as your slave or master.Always be in time to get info,information is life and saves stress.Don't just carry your textbook and read,ask them where to read and how to read.Make people love you anywhere or anytime.

Now,the following is also to be taken in good note.

3)READ INBETWEEN THE LINES: Please for own good don't just read basic textbook as you read your home textbook.Read basic textbook inbetween the lines.Get the fact,know them and understand them.Most questions is a statement from the textbook or examples from the textbook or exercises in the textbook.In the maths,solve all mathematical problem in the textbook,solve the calculation(exercise and examples) in physics and as well in chemistry.For example if you see in your basic textbook,''Ade is a man'',in your exam don't be so surprise you will see in their question,''Who is a man?''This shows that basic question is directly from the textbook and once you don't know it or you forget it,you will fail it if not lucky enough.Read it inbetween lines and know the fact in it.Always attend courses you find difficult and ask questions.All fingers are not always equal,some basic students have a sound foundation,don't waste time get those guys nearer and let them teach all you want for free.

4)MAKE FOR YOURSELVES WORKER: As a basic student you must have people to work for you.You can't always be early for lectures,you must befriend somepeople to borrow you note and spy all that was thought.You can't know all the time,you must create space to get some students to constantly teach what you don't know.You may be hungry for purewater or biscuit,you must create space to allow somebody buy these and many more.These are your workers but they don't know that they are working for you and don't ever signal them this ploy.Do appreciate them and love them.

5)FREELY YOU RECEIVE;FREELY YOU GIVE: No matter how busy you are in Basic,always attend to the needs of others.Some people don't know what you know,don't waste time,please teach them.Always put somebody to learn from you,always make that person feels you are good enough to teach him/her.This is responsibility in your part,this is also a ploy.It is because you are making somebody feels he should always learn,it makes you study very hard to satisfy that position.This ploy is an evil that works and it earns more workers into your train to success.So,get many students to teach as much as you can.

7)APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT IN ALL SEMESTERS:Appreciate yourself althrough your basic days.Be happy about the life you have lived so far in the basic program.Appreciating yourself becomes important after you observe the 1st semester result.Be happy for whatever you see and be happy to succeed.Study as hard as you could.Keep to time,always be in the right,the right time bearing mind that you cannot fail.

There are much to say and post but my phallanges are breaking forth.Pardon mine outting.

*Thanks*

4 Likes

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrLazDevitan: 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
Charchy07:
bro,dese dayz u hav turned 2 an advisor,makin me wonder if it wasn't same u dat was askin questionz impatiently sum few weeks back. U nw write lyk a graduate no longa lyk a fresher,dat we are.

By now,i should have been in opting for my secondary degree...
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by cruz22(m): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
Pls wat r d requirements for d basic registration
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by OneNigeria44(m): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
For those of you that paid your acceptance fee and probably accomodation fee recently, a new batch of forms (Guarantor's form, medical report, acceptance form, Bio data form, matriculation register e.t.c) has been released on ecampus. U can now print them out and take to the appropriate quarters for filling.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by OneNigeria44(m): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
DrLazDevitan:
SUCCESS TIPS FOR ALL BASIC STUDENTS

Once again,we heartily with all warmthness say welcome to you basic students to our unique Uniport.This programme is meant for students whom find it hard to gain admission writing jamb umpteen numbers of time.It can also be put that this programme is meant to consolidate the proverbial lacklustre of senior secondary knowledge as observe in our secondary school.It is of mine interest to write to you that basic offers the best a good glorified secondary school can offer and demand for academy is not as hard as the success its provides in putting student at the right ventures academically.
Now that your programme has just began,it is enough for you to use this opportunity to read this piece of mine,with helpful opinions to catapult you to your success.Without space wasting let me discuss some of the tangible tips,and if you don't mind i may wish you read this with an open mind to judge me and yourself...

1)PSYCHOLOGY: The first way off basic is problem with the sense of your inner being about the programme.Most of you must have heard about the basic,most of you might have heard how rigorous basic is,the tension and all the negative and positive.Once you are not ready psychologically to do the programme,i would advice-don't do it.You must believe that you can survive,you must believe no matter all odds among the millions you will still make it.Don't allow the crowd to intimidate you.some of them actually don't know anything but their put up could be so stressful on you.Once you begin to nurse failure in any form or way in your thinking,don't be so surprise you will fail.Always talk positive things to yourself,write a success note in your textbook read it each day and imagine yourself always that doctor,that nurse,that engineer,that mathematician and so you will be.Most students suffer inferiority complex during my time in basic,from their inferiority complex they are 100% sure that they may not make it because they lack good foundation in all or one of the courses,for such a student,i did my best by increasing it to 200%.If you must succeed in your daily endeavour in basic,you must believe you can make it.Don't allow anything or substance to build inferiority complex in you,don't feel that i don't always make it,don't say the programme is too hard,don't give yourself reasons why you should fail but give yourself reasons why you should succeed.

2)MISPLACED ORIENATION: The school is a good place and your mind plays alot to get you where you are today.While most students lack orientation others atypically suffers a misplace orientation.This form of orientation suffers a squint in a proper sense,the outcome will be that the student makes it out with a poor result.Student with MISPLACED ORIENTATION may be observed to:
a)Using all the time a non-basic textbooks in their studies.Basic exam is always a straight forward exam,every question you will is 95% from the textbook and the other percent from logic on how you understand the course.Why this is wrong is that,it is expected of the student to read the basic textbook all-round because that is the very text question will be set.Instead of some using the basic physics,you see them reading New school physics;instead of some reading the basic biology,they went all-straight reading College/modern biology.They invest all their time reading reading superfluous entity and you should expect the least in their result or probably fail.You are advice to use any of the home textbooks for reference but don't read themoften as if it is the school textbook.Be wise.
b)writing(Jamb/basic) exam: In basic i also observe that students seemed to put themselves in writing double examination-jamb/basic.These student were the very ones that felt reading more than the basic textbook is needed.They psychologically increase their burden and feels alright by it.For them they were actually preparing for two examination.But this a wrong orientation.once you are doing basic and writing jamb,don't ever believe you are writing two exam-it is one.This sense of view will reduce your workload and makes assimilation faster.Everything in basic is enough to hit jamb again and again.Just be focus digesting the basic textbook,revising its past question and believe jamb is a workover and so be it.A good focus in basic will see you through jamb and post-jamb.Don't ever try,''am reading for two'' by using both home and basic textbook,very soon you will observe that you tire easily,assimilation is poor and always troubled in your mind.
c)fellowish/church:This is the bane of some people,some students hardly give God a break.During lecture hours,you always see them parabulating to the fellowship or church.This view that my success depends in the amount i pray and the church i go is a fast rush to failing the basic programme.Your success is in your input not God.You must pray but don't believe your success depends on it.

Woooow. Thanks so much Doc. U have said it all and i think the wise ones know exactly what to do with this Golden opportunity. Thumbs up
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by dolaide(m): 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=EDennis post=27695626]
On paper u can...
But practically...not quite sure...
"Nationwide" means something else in Uniport... [/quote
please what do you suggest for me abt the payments
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by DrLazDevitan: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
OneNigeria44:
Woooow. Thanks so much Doc. U have said it all and i think the wise ones know exactly what to do with this Golden opportunity. Thumbs up

Thanks for going through this little piece of mine.It is just to help our children...

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by EDennis(m): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=dolaide post=27697199][/quote]
Well...
Check d bank your area just to confirm d ntwrk issues dey r probably having...
Then tp yaself to Uniport...
U might b lucky though...
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by EDennis(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
OneNigeria44:
For those of you that paid your acceptance fee and probably accomodation fee recently, a new batch of forms (Guarantor's form, medical report, acceptance form, Bio data form, matriculation register e.t.c) has been released on ecampus. U can now print them out and take to the appropriate quarters for filling.
Without paying school fees??
Appropriate quarters??
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by OneNigeria44(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
EDennis:

Without paying school fees??
Appropriate quarters??
Most of the forms that were released are the ones that will be filled by your parents, guardians and medical practitioners. I dont think school fees affects that
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Obeypeter(m): 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
please i need help!!! Is accpeptance fee still on ?? Nd wen is d deadline?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by OneNigeria44(m): 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
Obeypeter:
please i need help!!! Is accpeptance fee still on ?? Nd wen is d deadline?
Yea its still on and from wat i heard. It ends on January 19th. Dont know how tru sha
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by divydaniel: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
OneNigeria44:
Yea its still on and from wat i heard. It ends on January 19th. Dont know how tru sha
Hv u done urs
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by guzzyg: 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
Tvalerie:
Hello frnds, i need a roommie!
am a new basic guy, likwise looking for a roomate, so whatup, add me, am gbegudu5 on 2go
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by dolaide(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
EDennis:

Well...
Check d bank your area just to confirm d ntwrk issues dey r probably having...
Then tp yaself to Uniport...
U might b lucky though...

thanks
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by 3ga(m): 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
Charchy07:
Two yrs ago a close friend of mine changed 4rm pharm 2 mcb,nd he said dat he didn't repeat yr1. He had 2 change cos he culd no longa cope with pharm. Nw sum1 shuld plz confirm 4 me if itz possible 2 change 4rm Sslt (mbl tech) to any of pharm,bcm,mcb or any gud course close 2 dose,am ready 2 gt a gud cpga 2 crossova.
yes u can.. Moreso frm mbt to mcb nd bct to bch.. Provided u meet their requirement..... A frnd of mine switched frm bct to bch after yr1.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by jenbruce09(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
DrLazDevitan:
d)I-too-Know: This is also a problem i observe in most basic students.If you are about to start this programme and you haven't ask any question about the programme from a ex-basic student,then you are doom to failing this programme.It is a must that you must ask question.If you are ashame to ask question then you are on your own always.Ask ex-basic student how to succeed,ask them how good is your 1st semester results,ask them what percent is good to go.You must ask people question because in the way to success some people must work you either as your slave or master.Always be in time to get info,information is life and saves stress.Don't just carry your textbook and read,ask them where to read and how to read.Make people love you anywhere or anytime.

Now,the following is also to be taken in good note.

3)READ INBETWEEN THE LINES: Please for own good don't just read basic textbook as you read your home textbook.Read basic textbook inbetween the lines.Get the fact,know them and understand them.Most questions is a statement from the textbook or examples from the textbook or exercises in the textbook.In the maths,solve all mathematical problem in the textbook,solve the calculation(exercise and examples) in physics and as well in chemistry.For example if you see in your basic textbook,''Ade is a man'',in your exam don't be so surprise you will see in their question,''Who is a man?''This shows that basic question is directly from the textbook and once you don't know it or you forget it,you will fail it if not lucky enough.Read it inbetween lines and know the fact in it.Always attend courses you find difficult and ask questions.All fingers are not always equal,some basic students have a sound foundation,don't waste time get those guys nearer and let them teach all you want for free.

4)MAKE FOR YOURSELVES WORKER: As a basic student you must have people to work for you.You can't always be early for lectures,you must befriend somepeople to borrow you note and spy all that was thought.You can't know all the time,you must create space to get some students to constantly teach what you don't know.You may be hungry for purewater or biscuit,you must create space to allow somebody buy these and many more.These are your workers but they don't know that they are working for you and don't ever signal them this ploy.Do appreciate them and love them.

5)FREELY YOU RECEIVE;FREELY YOU GIVE: No matter how busy you are in Basic,always attend to the needs of others.Some people don't know what you know,don't waste time,please teach them.Always put somebody to learn from you,always make that person feels you are good enough to teach him/her.This is responsibility in your part,this is also a ploy.It is because you are making somebody feels he should always learn,it makes you study very hard to satisfy that position.This ploy is an evil that works and it earns more workers into your train to success.So,get many students to teach as much as you can.

7)APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT IN ALL SEMESTERS:Appreciate yourself althrough your basic days.Be happy about the life you have lived so far in the basic program.Appreciating yourself becomes important after you observe the 1st semester result.Be happy for whatever you see and be happy to succeed.Study as hard as you could.Keep to time,always be in the right,the right time bearing mind that you cannot fail.

There are much to say and post but my phallanges are breaking forth.Pardon mine outting.

*Thanks*
woaw.. thanks DrLaz. nice piece.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by hijaynation(m): 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
stephx:

wich coz did u applied for brfore they gave u human kinetics? did u do basic?
dentistry
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
Charchy07:
bro,dese dayz u hav turned 2 an advisor,makin me wonder if it wasn't same u dat was askin questionz impatiently sum few weeks back. U nw write lyk a graduate no longa lyk a fresher,dat we are.
gringringringringringringringrin
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by MikeMoses(m): 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
otokx:

post hnd are currently doing registration, will be able to give you more information by tuesday, my phone number for now is on vacation, calls just too many.

Tanx Otokx, I will be really grateful if you can get more infor for me from any body doing his post hnd degree program. Pls try and link me up with any body runing the program. If possible get his/her number for me. Tnx once again and God bless!
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by VIKiEzEkieL(m): 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2014

Please help me!!!
I was given physics/electronics via my uniport login portal, which we all know is under sslt (skul of sci nd lab tech)..
Then juxt this night i checked my admission status via http://jamb.org.ng nd i saw physics under sciences..
Nw they av succeded in keeping me in a state of devastation.
Please can any one in the building explain this couses for me, and which one is the main one..Before i proced wid my payments
Thankx all..looking forward for ya replies

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 04, 2014
Brilliant piece Drlazdevitan,i couldn't controvert the points you cited.BTW your submission is also applicable to FRESHERS.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by stephx: 12:05am On Nov 04, 2014
comrade otox or any oda informed member of dis forum sud answer did pls:
I checked at d school website today n was admitted to study soil n crop science but I checked at jamb portal tonight BT saw agric-economics and extension. pls wich one z d real tin?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by stephx: 12:14am On Nov 04, 2014
VIKiEzEkieL:

Please help me!!!
I was given physics/electronics via my uniport login portal, which we all know is under sslt (skul of sci nd lab tech)..
Then juxt this night i checked my admission status via http://jamb.org.ng nd i saw physics under sciences..
Nw they av succeded in keeping me in a state of devastation.
Please can any one in the building explain this couses for me, and which one is the main one..Before i proced wid my payments
Thankx all..looking forward for ya replies

lol...my dear it is d same wit me ooo. I tink uni port z confused among demselves. .let's watch as d drama unfolds..stay tuned
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by hijaynation(m): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2014
plz y'all trow ur light on this pharmacology or medical biochemistry which is more better....job wise also
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Obeypeter(m): 3:03am On Nov 04, 2014
OneNigeria44:
owk tnx
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Obeypeter(m): 3:20am On Nov 04, 2014
VIKiEzEkieL:
Hey every body in the group..i greet..i was admited for physics/electronics in the suplementary list..
CAN I USE MY NABTEB RESULT?
pls where do u check ur admission result, is it frm jamb portal or uniport portal? I was admitted to study physics/electronics,i checked thru jamb portal bt wen i checked d skul website i saw physics/applied Geophysics.... is dis same as urs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (457) (Reply)

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.