Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice (42175 Views)

5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Share Your UTME Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 8:49am On May 12, 2013
Emmy35: If u can score 70/80, proceed
uniben's posy ume is over 100 not 80
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 8:57am On May 12, 2013
Emmy35: Can u score 320 in their P.ume? Mind you, OAU marks d same way with JAMB
lol..oau marks thesame way with jamb? dats so impossible.
jamb didn't use negative marking.
The marking system adopted this year was invented by prof. DIBU and he named it LOTTERY-MARKING #what-you-see-is-wat-you-get#.
Thank God I'm among the lucky winners.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 8:58am On May 12, 2013
Emmy35: Can u score 320 in their P.ume? Mind you, OAU marks d same way with JAMB
I think 300 would do
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 9:02am On May 12, 2013
Al-hasan:
This is my 3rd time of choosing unilorin. 1st jamb 234 Post utme=68;admission Yoruba but forfeited, 2nd time 227 Post ume=70 no admission.3rd now, this year 218, and ilorin is not reliable. Pls which school considers dat kind of score. Advice!!!
Please go spiritual my brother.
Might sound sarcastic buh that could be the solution.
God bless you.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Emmy35(f): 9:32am On May 12, 2013
Adex097: uniben's posy ume is over 100 not 80
Post Utme is over 80 while the agg is over 100
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Emmy35(f): 9:33am On May 12, 2013
Adex097: lol..oau marks thesame way with jamb? dats so impossible.
jamb didn't use negative marking.
The marking system adopted this year was invented by prof. DIBU and he named it LOTTERY-MARKING #what-you-see-is-wat-you-get#.
Thank God I'm among the lucky winners.
Lol...... Lottery marking? Where did u get dat from?
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 9:53am On May 12, 2013
Emmy35: Post Utme is over 80 while the agg is over 100
I'm not in the mood for any arguement madam
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 9:54am On May 12, 2013
Emmy35: Lol...... Lottery marking? Where did u get dat from?
from Prof. Dibu
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Nobody: 10:09am On May 12, 2013
pls wot cn i do wit dis i got 187 in jamb nd i choose lautech and aaua 1st nd 2nd choice respectively med lab sci nd microbiology bt i wnts 2 change 2 funaab nd lautech 1st nd 2nd choice respectively ... Is dis ok? If nt wot cn i do? Pls
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Raphael101(m): 10:19am On May 12, 2013
I Chose OAU for Law in JAMB,scored 212,any hope pls.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Raphael101(m): 10:22am On May 12, 2013
I chose OAU for Law in JAMB,scored 212,any hope 4 me pls?
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Nobody: 10:46am On May 12, 2013
You guys should stop putting fears into people's mind. Yes! Every candidate has got to work hard for post-utme but the case of setting scores for them is nt adviceable. Because u are neither an admission officer or a member of the school senate to determine which score secures admission for a candidate, only God does. So my advice to all u aspirant who made ur skul's cut-mark(no matter how narrow ur escape is) is to put ur trust in God and study hard. Many have had d kind of ur scores b4, they refused to be discouraged, they studied and now are admitted into skul. And ofcourse they are happy for it.

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by dplomaticVal: 11:04am On May 12, 2013
censored
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Raphael101(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2013
Pls should I do....pls advice me,I scored 212 in JAMB going 4 Law in OAU.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Raphael101(m): 11:20am On May 12, 2013
Pls should I do....pls advice me,I scored 212 in JAMB going 4 Law in OAU.Pls should I do....pls advice me,I scored 212 in JAMB going 4 Law in OAU.Pls should I do....pls advice me,I scored 212 in JAMB going 4 Law in OAU.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by pseudonomer: 11:23am On May 12, 2013
Jordi: I got 185 diz yrs jamb and am planning on doin food technology in funaab...is dere still hope considerin dae chose 180 as dere cutoff mark 4 jamb last yr cry

FUNAAB's cutoff is 180. You still have a good chance if you can score high in your post utme and your o'level is strong.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 11:26am On May 12, 2013
Raphael101: Pls should I do....pls advice me,I scored 212 in JAMB going 4 Law in OAU.
if you sure you gonna do very well in oau's post-ume and your state of origin is among the schools's catchment area, you can go ahead with the course but if you ain't sure of your capability, pls change your course to a less competitive one.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Emmy35(f): 11:29am On May 12, 2013
Great~Mind:
you guys should stop putting fears into people's mind. Yes! Every candidate has got to work hard for post-utme but the case of setting scores for them is nt adviceable. Because u are neither a admission officer or a member of the school senate to determine which score secures admission for a candidate, only God does. So my advice to all u aspirant who made ur skul's cut-mark(no matter how narrow ur escape is) is to put ur trust in God and study hard. Many have had d kind of ur scores b4, they refused to be discouraged, they studied and now are admitted into skul. And ofcourse they are happy for it.
I know everyone has to work had for P.ume but he has to work extra-ordinary hard. He scored 231 in his UTME and he needs @ least 300 to meet up with the cut-off(262) of last year. I told him 320 so that he can have a target and score higher than the previous cut-off. Can u write an exam without a target? B4 u sat for the UTME, was ur target not to score above 200?
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 11:32am On May 12, 2013
Great~Mind:
you guys should stop putting fears into people's mind. Yes! Every candidate has got to work hard for post-utme but the case of setting scores for them is nt adviceable.
sometimes we get scared when we see the truth cos its damn bitter.
Nobody is trying to put fears into anybody here.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 12, 2013
Adex097: sometimes we get scared when we see the truth cos its damn bitter.
Nobody is trying to put fears into anybody here.
the last time ah checked, ah was just giving an advice and did not tentatively state that u in particular sent shivers down the spines of prospective students, all ah just want u guys to observe is that surprises are abound when it cmes to scores and admission. A little encouragement to study can do the magic.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 12, 2013
Those of you that scored below 180, I advice you to get a change og institution to polytechnics or college of education. The only way you can get admission into university with such low scores is only through QUOTA admission, so if you have the money to run your admission with that score in any school with that your score, do not get scared, simply call 08023960959 or add me on 2go via rymzocares as soon as possible.
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 12, 2013
[quote
author=dplomaticVal]I chose absu as my choice of institution 4 law bt
unfortunately 4me I scored 212 nd i rly wnt 2b in sch studyin my choice
of course dis yr, so i'm now tinkin of changin to madonna uni, wil it be
suicidal 4me 2 dump absu for madonna. Pls ur unbiased spontaneous
advice is highly needed[/quote]

my brother listen to each of my every word. You can write Madonna's post utme without choosing madonna as ur choice of institution,just go to d sku,get their form,fill,and write and b prepared for oral interview cOs iThink they do. Put absu as first choice-Law,Ebsu 2nd choice-Law...ebsu admits more non-indegens than indegens,ur score is gud for ebsu
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 12, 2013
[quote
author=Barhackheart]pls wot cn i do wit dis i got 187 in jamb nd i
choose lautech and aaua 1st nd 2nd choice respectively med lab sci nd
microbiology bt i wnts 2 change 2 funaab nd lautech 1st nd 2nd choice
respectively ... Is dis ok? If nt wot cn i do? Pls [/quote]

sisi, my honest advice for you is to go for a state university as first and second choices of institutionthat is if you wanna increase your chances of getting admission to study that course sis, if you want, study hard and increase your GP, insecond year,u can switch to Medicine if u want sef. i.e if d state univ u'll choose offers it
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by dplomaticVal: 2:58pm On May 12, 2013
maxwello.yg:

my brother listen to each of my every word. You can write Madonna's post utme without choosing madonna as ur choice of institution,just go to d sku,get their form,fill,and write and b prepared for oral interview cOs iThink they do. Put absu as first choice-Law,Ebsu 2nd choice-Law...ebsu admits more non-indegens than indegens,ur score is gud for ebsu

Pls help me man. I so much prefer writing an exam to oral test because am nt d talkin typ, pls do ppl do sail tru it.?
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by kemzyAjaks(f): 3:09pm On May 12, 2013
pls, wot science course wld u guyz advise me to study in FUNAAB .....182 as jamb score and credits in 0'level
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by kemzyAjaks(f): 3:23pm On May 12, 2013
Al-hasan:
This is my 3rd time of choosing unilorin. 1st jamb 234 Post utme=68;admission Yoruba but forfeited, 2nd time 227 Post ume=70 no admission.3rd now, this year 218, and ilorin is not reliable. Pls which school considers dat kind of score. Advice!!!
pls do nt mind any1 who asks u 2 seek spiritual help 4 anytin.....always bliv d@ in any dissapointment/failure in lyf, dere's a reason 2 it( which God knows about) it's nt ur fault d@ u failed multiple tyms.(Frm xperience) Unilorin z 1 of dose skuls d@ follow 'u must kno somebody' d best tin u can do nau z 2 choose anoda uni better still a gud state owned one and then pray hard. I pray Allah sees u thru dis tym
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by 2gbasky22(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2013
Pls i nid urgent help, b4 i hurg transformer cos am realy realy confused ryt nw
Jamb gave me 182 i iniatialy filled uniben and uniuyo as my first and second choice respectively. Nw i want 2 buy change of form, am confused abt d universities dat accepts 180 as cut off marks to choose frm

pls som1 shld help..............pol science or mass communication ar the courses
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by eniorisha(m): 5:47pm On May 12, 2013
maxwello.yg:

I scored 231,put unilag as ist & 2nd choice, edu.& english lang. wot is my chance?
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Adex097: 6:52pm On May 12, 2013
kemzy Ajaks: pls do nt mind any1 who asks u 2 seek spiritual help 4 anytin.....always bliv d@ in any dissapointment/failure in lyf, dere's a reason 2 it( which God knows about) it's nt ur fault d@ u failed multiple tyms.(Frm xperience) Unilorin z 1 of dose skuls d@ follow 'u must kno somebody' d best tin u can do nau z 2 choose anoda uni better still a gud state owned one and then pray hard. I pray Allah sees u thru dis tym
Can't believe you are asking someone to shy away from the spiritual factor.
FYI, the guy didn't fail any exam; he was denied admission for a reason only God knows.
I know someone with similar issues too:: so watch it !!!
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2013
with God all things are possible,i will try my best,i can do it
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Ifeyz: 7:27pm On May 12, 2013
haha...jamb gave me
Re: Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice by Ifeyz: 7:34pm On May 12, 2013
dplomaticVal: I chose absu as my choice of institution 4 law bt unfortunately 4me I scored 212 nd i rly wnt 2b in sch studyin my choice of course dis yr, so i'm now tinkin of changin to madonna uni, wil it be suicidal 4me 2 dump absu for madonna. Pls ur unbiased spontaneous advice is highly needed
yeah suicidal homicide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

ASUU Salaries: Use Of BVN Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Jobs – FG / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. / University Students Demand Professor Be Fired For Saying There Are Only 2 Sexes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.